Lonavala TrekkingBhimashankar Trek, Lohagad Fort Trek, Trek To Duke's Nose, Trek To Tamhini Ghats, Trek To Tikona Fort, Kalsubai Trek, Harishchandragad Trek, Ratangad-Sonki Trek, Korigad fort trek, Rajmachi Trek, Mahuli Trek, Matheran trek and many more.
There are some of the most awe-inspiring spots for trekking in Lonavala that will challenge your mental and physical limits and will make you fall in love with the breathtaking scenery. You'll get a chance to interact with the local people by signing up for these adventurous trails. Bhimashankar Trek and Lohagad Fort Trek are the gorgeous treks in Lonavala that lead through idyllic alpine meadows, glacial valleys, and distinctive mountain passes.
If you're looking for the best one-day treks in Lonavala, Karnala Fort Trek and Lohagad Trek should be your go-to option. Looking down over the granite moonscapes and turquoise lakes as you reach the summit of these treks is just priceless. You can also trek to Tamhini Ghats and Duke's Nose that is packed with vivid forests and multicolored mountains. Embark on the experience of a lifetime by trekking through these picture-perfect treks that guarantee a memorable adventure.
People Also Ask About Trekking in Lonavala
What are the best trekking places in and near Lonavala?1. Lonavala Bhimashankar Trek: This is the best backcountry trek located in the Sahyadri ranges that offer you a priceless trekking experience owing to its well-marked paths and fewer steep climbs. The route passes through a wild rainforest, lost-and-found trails, head-high bushes, small rivulets, eerie temples, remote tribal villages, green meadows, a plateau of flowers, and hidden waterfalls. The trek's distance is around sixty kilometers, and it takes three to four days to cover this trek. There are various dhabas and cafes en route where you can stop by and have a steaming cup of tea and other delicacies.
-Best Time: October-March
2. Lohagad Fort Trek: This is one of the best trekking spots in Lonavala, located at an elevation of 1,033 meters above sea level. It is a great one-day trek for beginners and can be easily covered in three to four hours. The trek mostly includes broad stairs, which even novices and kids can easily climb. Malavali is the starting point of the trek, and this five-kilometer-long trek will take you on an expedition that you'll never forget.
-Location: Lohagad Trek Rd, Khandala, Lonavala 410406 India
-Best Time: June-February
3. Duke's Nose: If you're looking to escape into the whitewashed mountains and less known terrains, you should definitely trek to Duke's Nose that offers picturesque views and attracts trekkers from all around the world. It takes around four hours to reach the cliff, and from the top of the cliff, you can have astounding views of the dense forests and splashing waterfalls. The trek begins from Khandala and heads upwards to hit the plateau. On the top of the Duke's Nose, you'll find a small temple that is considered a center of enlightenment for the visitors.
-Location: Kurawande, Lonavala, Khandala
-Best Time: July-September
4. Trek To Tamhini Ghats: If you're looking for the best spots for Lonavala trekking, Tamhini Ghats should be your ideal option. It sits on the beautiful crest of the Western Ghats and connects the coastal borders of Konkan to the hilly area of Pune. With gushing waterfalls, lush green misty valleys, and dense forests, Tamhini Ghats provides a picturesque natural beauty that the trekkers love to experience. This trek is around forty-four kilometers long, and it ends at Orchard Café Sanaswadi. Forty percent of this trek is a descent, and the remaining part is regular walking making it one of the best trekking spots in Lonavala.
-Location: Between Mulshi and Tamhini, Pune, Maharashtra
-Best Time: July to September
5. Trek To Tikona Fort: This is one of the most popular treks near Lonavala that pleases the adventurer that lurks within all of us with its steep climbs, unadulterated beauty, and breathtaking views. Visitors can have a glimpse of the Tung, Lohagad, Visapur Gad, and Pawna Dam from the top of the fort. You'll have to pass through water tanks, Satavahana Caves and Trimbakeshwar Mahadev temple to reach this fort. This is a medium difficulty level one-day trek that starts at Tikona Peth and goes through several unwinding trails and steep climbs.
-Location: Tikona peak Near Pavana River, Lonavala India
-Best Time: Winter season
6. Kalsubai Trek: This is one of the gorgeous trails that pass through lush green meadows and deep rain forests. It is located at the height of 5400 Feet and is considered to be one of the best one-day treks near Lonavala. It has a hard difficulty level, due to which it offers a sense of achievement to most of the trekking enthusiasts who are able to climb it successfully. This trek's main route begins from the beautiful village of Bari, which is six kilometers from Bhandardara.
-Best Time: End of October to February
Click Here To Book: Kalsubai Trek
7. Harishchandragad Trek: This is a challenging trek located in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra at an elevation of 4670 feet. The trek has multiple routes, and you can approach it from three different villages Khireshwar, Walhivale/Belpada village, and Pacha. If you are a beginner, you should take the trail from Pachnai as it is the easiest and quickest trail to reach Harishchandragad fort. You'll find many small shops and restaurants on the way to the fort where you can have full meals. The prime attraction at Harishchandragad trek is the Konkan Kada that gives a breathtaking view of Konkan.
-Best Time: August to February
8. Ratangad-Sonki Trek: This is a medium difficulty level trek with rock-cut steps, steel ladders, and steep climbs. The local villagers erect small shacks on weekends on the way to provide snacks and tea for the trekkers. This trek gives you a breathtaking view of the Bhandardara dam and surrounding peaks. The trekkers love to take a trekking expedition to this place in October to witness Sonki flowers, which are in full bloom during this month.
-Best Time: October
Book Now: Pawna Lake Camping
What are some of the famous fort treks near Lonavala?1. Korigad fort : Korigad Fort trek is an easy trek situated near the town of Lonavala at an elevation of 920 meters. There are two routes to reach the top of Korigad, one from Ambavane village and another one from village Peth Shahpur. From the top of the fort, you can enjoy stunning views of the Aamby Valley city and Tung and Tikona fort.
2. Tikona Fort Trek: This fort is located at an elevation of three thousand five hundred feet above sea level and is also known as Triangle Fort'; due to its triangular shape. Tikona Fort trek allows you to enjoy the eye-catching views of the forts at Visapur, Lohagad, and Tung, and Pawna Dam.
3. Lohagad fort trek: Located at an elevation of 1,033 meters above sea level, Lohagad fort trek is one of the most popular Lonavala trekking sites. This is a one day trek that can be covered in three to four hours. The main highlight of this trek is Vinchu Kada that is a scorpion's tail-like structure on the fort.
4. Rajmachi Trek: This is a medium difficulty level trek that begins from the base village of Udhewadi. You'll witness lush green mountains, deep valleys, numerous waterfalls, beautiful forts, and flowing rivers while trading through this trek.
Checkout & Book: Rajmachi Fort Trek and Camping
Camping in Lonavala
What is the best time for trekking in Lonavala?Monsoon (June to September) is considered to be the best time to enjoy trekking in Lonavala as the rain transforms the entire region into a lush green paradise. The atmosphere remains cool, and you'll be treated to breathtaking views. The entire trekking routes get studded with flowing rivulets, streams, countless pools, and gushing waterfalls.
Which are the best one-day treks near Lonavala?1. Karnala Fort Trek: This is one of the best spots for trekking in Lonavala, with thick vegetation and well-marked paths. Once you reach the top of the summit, you'll be able to see a six hundred-year-old fort. The base camp for this trek is Karnala Bird Sanctuary.
2. Mahuli Trek: This is one of the most popular spots for Lonavala trekking, owing to its well-defined trails that pass through meadows and lush green forests. It is an easy to moderate trek, having many pinnacles and rockers, making it a bit challenging for beginners.
3. Lohagad Trek: It is one of the best spots for trekking in Lonavala as it has climbing stairs and very few hikes. While treading through this trek, you can also visit the Visapur Fort that is located on the eastern side of Lohagad Fort.
4. Matheran Trek: This is an eight-kilometer long trek that can be covered in three to four hours and gives you a chance to witness stunning waterfalls and diversified flora and fauna.
Checkout And Book: Wet N Joy Water Park Lonavala Tickets
What is the difficulty level of trekking in Lonavala?The difficulty level of trekking in Lonavala is easy to moderate, owing to its well-marked paths and less challenging terrains. Both beginners, as well as experienced trekking enthusiasts, can undertake these treks in Lonavala, and you'll be guaranteed breathtaking views making your trekking expedition unforgettable.
What are the different types of paragliding near Lonavala?1. Classic Tandem Paragliding: This is one of the easiest types of paragliding in Lonavala, which can be done by all kinds of flyers, from beginners and amateurs, to experts. Classic tandem paragliding is typically a two-seater paragliding technique wherein you fly with an experienced pilot. It is usually done for 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Instructional Tandem Paragliding: This paragliding technique gets its name due to the fact that it includes instructions that are given to the flyer by the professional pilot. In other words, you fly all by yourself, while the safety instructor teaches you how to handle the controls. This paragliding experience lasts for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Acro Tandem Paragliding: This is a technique that should only be done by expert flyers and pilots. Acro tandem is not for the faint-hearted, and is a high-speed paragliding method, wherein the pilots take you through numerous aerobatic manoeuvres and skills. It usually lasts for around 20 minutes.
Check & Book: Magic Mountain Tickets, Lonavala
Enjoy the wonder of nature by paying a visit to the exquisite Pawna Lake when you are in Pune. Its paradise location is something that you will not be able to forget anytime soon. The setting at Pawna Lake is made beautiful with the presence of various tourist attractions like Lohagad Fort, Tikona Fort, Tung Fort and Visapur Fort. Its refreshing ambience makes this place a beautiful destination near Lonavala and Khandala to enjoy an idyllic weekend.It was created as an artificial water reservoir and offers a soothing time to relax with nature. People keep flocking to Pawna Lake for its postcard-perfect landscape. The place is known for its wonderful climate and offers a serene retreat away from the noise of usual city life. Pawna Lake is also known to attract nature lovers due to the number of flora and fauna which can be seen around the lake. Some of the activities which you can look forward to enjoying at Pawna Lake are camping, paragliding, sightseeing etc.Location: Pawna Lake, PuneBest Time to visit: The best time to visit this place is during the monsoon seasonEntry fee: There is no entry fee for visiting Pawna LakeTimings: This place can be visited from morning till evening.
Visapur Fort is perched atop a lush green hill of Ratnagiri district in Maharashtra. It accounts for a popular tourist excursion point amongst adventure mongers and nature lovers. With an elevation of 1084 meters from the sea level, it offers some phenomenal views of the surrounding lush green hills.Marking its prominence from the 18th century, this fort forms a part of the fortification of Visapur and Lohagad. This gigantic architectural marvel features ancient caves, arches, wells, and old houses. A bit further, notice the beauty of two roofless buildings. As Hanuman was considered to be the patron deity of Visapur, you can find many temples dedicated to him.Within the Visapur Fort, there’s a famous well, which is believed to be built by the Pandavas. Somewhere nearby, you could find the presence of guns and other ammunitions belonging to the reign of Queen Elizabeth. Within its vicinity, there are also remnants of Mahadev’s shrine. Other attractions of the Visapur Fort includes few isolated caves, old house ruins, ancient water cisterns, and a huge flour mill.Trekking to the top summit of Visapur Fort is an unforgettable adventure for every single visitor. Although the climb is a rocky one, the trek is serene and tranquil. You could either start your trekking adventure from Lohagadwadi or Patan Village. You may also try a hand at paragliding activity which takes place nearby.
Are you looking for a place where you can spend a weekend in the lap of nature's unbound beauty and participate in some engaging fun activities? If so, Rajmachi Fort has to be in your bucket list for next holiday trip.The historical fort dating back to the time of the great Maratha ruler Chatrapati Shivaji is located amidst the lush green Sahyadri range and is one of the most sought after trekking destinations in Maharashtra where you can experience nature at her varying moods.The trekking trail to Rajmachi Fort abounds several waterfalls, deep gorges and valleys, quaint villages, waterways and many more to feast your eyes on. To get a first hand experience of this amazing trek you should have a fair knowhow of the place and the pros and cons of Rajmachi Fort trek.