The plethora of super thrilling and fascinating adventure sports in Kuta make it one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island of Bali in Indonesia. These exhilarating adventure activities are suitable for adrenaline seekers of all age groups and experience levels. Even if you are not experienced in any adventure sports, you will have well-trained instructors, who will guide you through the sport with the perfect techniques for the most memorable experience. You will also be given all safety gears to make sure you are safe and sound throughout the sport.
The upteen varieties of adventure sports Kuta range from flyboarding and snorkeling to Banana Boat Ride and jet skiing. Having received a lot of popularity as one of the best surfing destinations in the world, Kuta is also the perfect hub for avid surfers, all thanks to its 2.5 kilometers long coastline and excellent waves. Kuta also has the reputed Waterbom, which lures families as well as couples for the perfect day out with a wide array of super thrilling and fun-filled water rides, slides, & attractions. Even if you are not a big fan of water sports, you can also indulge in other enthralling adventures like flying trapeze.
People Also Ask About Adventure in Kuta
Which are the best adventure Sports to do in Kuta?
1. Jet Ski- One of the most sought-after adventure sports in Kuta is jet skiing. You can book these private water vehicles which are often known as water scooters and ride at a great speed across the oceans. Indulging yourself in these water adventure sports not only will fade out your fear but also help you make the most exciting and thrilling experiences of your life. These vehicles are rated according to their speeds and need to be controlled cautiously while crossing on the huge sea waves. In case you are a beginner it is always a safe idea to go along with any skilled instructor and enjoy this adrenalin rush activity and enjoy the best time in the company of sparkling blue waters of the beaches.
Location: South Kuta, Bali
2. Flying Trapeze- One of the most enjoyable adventure sports in Kuta, the game of flying Trapeze is sure to entertain you. Mostly carried out in the circus, this sport hosts a lot of adventure in its name. In this game a flyer is mounted on a narrow board and throws himself off from the board and needs to be catched by another flyer who is mounted on a separate fly board. But the time of falling from the fly board and being caught by another catcher should be quick and simultaneous, otherwise it may lead to injuries. Many experienced ones are observed performing aerial tricks which are quite interesting to watch out for.
3. Banana Boat Ride- If you are looking for some fun-filled and kids-friendly adventure sports in Kuta, banana boat ride can be the best pick for you. Banana boat ride offers you an opportunity to ride along the waves of the sparkling water waves of the sea on a boat which is shaped according to a banana. This sport is mostly carried out as a group activity and during the start of the activity it is somewhat fearful for many but as the process continues you will enjoy a lot on this ride.
Location: Kuta Beach, Lombok, Indonesia
4. Donut Boat Ride- One of the most unique and exhilarating adventure sports in Kuta is donut boat ride. Standing true to the name the boat is shaped like a donut and sails across the river providing you a chance to check out the natural surroundings. This activity will definitely give you a chance to enjoy the water ride on the crystal clear waters and beautiful landscapes. You can opt to go on for a solo ride on the donut raft or go out with a team of two to three people to enjoy this adrenaline rushing activity. In case you are a beginner then make sure to prioritise safety and take the advice of the skilled trainers and learn some techniques to enjoy this thrilling activity with proper safety.
Location: Tanjung Benoa Beach, Bali, Indonesia
Timings: 8 AM to 5 PM
5. Snorkeling- Not only does the sea surface provide adventure to the people, but deep inside the ocean world has a lot more to offer. To explore the beautiful colourful world that exists inside the oceanic world try out snorkelling. To carry out this activity you just need a diving mask and a breathing tube that is called a snorkel that helps to breathe even when you are underwater and can be rented too. This activity doesn’t need any training like others and hence can be carried by anyone with just simple swimming skills. Definitely take a try at this activity to discover the colourful fishes, variety of crabs, turtles, octopus and coral reefs that exist inside the ocean world.
Location: South Kuta beach, Bali, Indonesia
6. Surfing- To make the most out of your beach vacation, take a chance to carry out surfing sessions at the Kuta beach, which is famous for the waves and is preferred by the majority of surf enthusiasts. Surfing has always been one of the most popular adventure sports in Kuta among the avid adrenaline seekers. Mainly originated in Hawaii, this watersport has spread across all over the world and is carried out by every country nowadays. Bali, which is famous for its beaches, has a lot of facilities for the water sport and some of the sea side resorts have skilled trainers who you can appoint to learn the skills and techniques of surfing. You can rent a surfboard beforehand and try out this most exciting watersport and ride high all along the waves of the blue oceans enjoying your best time.
Location: Kuta Beach, Bali, Indonesia
7. Flyboarding- When the thought of an adventurous sport crosses your mind, you definitely cannot miss out on trying flyboarding, one of the most challenging adventure sports in Kuta. This sport will basically give you an experience of flying on top of the sea which will be a surreal experience for you. The device used in this sport is basically a hydroflighting device that provides a major push to the flyboard to rise high up in the air and scientifically this watersport is called hydroflying. The person who stands on the board is made to wear the boots which have jet nozzles on it and as water is forced under pressure it makes the board rise high above the water and thus you feel like flying on the water sport. The adventure that this sport offers will surely leave you satisfied if you take a step to try it once.
Location: Tanjung Benoa Beach, Bali, Indonesia
Timings: 8 AM to 5 PM
8. Experience Thrill at Waterbom- You can have a wonderful fun day out and enjoy some of the best adventure sports Kuta at the famous Waterbom, which is a lively water park perfect for a family vacation. Varying with various water rides and games, this place is filled with excitement which will provide the best experiences of your life. Have some thrilling experience with water slides like funtastic, smash down, python, pipeline, lazy river at much reasonable prices. This place has the best cleanliness facilities and personalized locked rooms which will surely ensure the safety of your belongings. Spread over a large area and filled with greenery all around, this place will give the best experiences of your life.
Location: Jl. Kartika Plaza, Tuban, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
Timings: 9 AM to 6 PM
Very close to the famous Jimbaran Beach is Kedonganan Beach which is famous for authentic seafood delicacies and relaxed resort stay with a bewitching view of the ocean. The extremely beautiful white sandy beach with a slope along with the regular remembrance of the calm waves to the shore is ideal for a perfect sunset view or a leisurely walk and it is one of the famous places to see in KutaThe multiple restaurants offering different types of seafood will be quite buzzed every afternoon by the enlarged crowd of tourists and locals. Another attraction is the fish market where fresh fish caught by the fishermen can be purchased.Highlights: The romantically shining restaurants are the irresistible attraction on the beach where you get lip-smacking grilled seafood items and the dining settings that offer you the best sunset views are quite beautiful.Activities: Swimming, sunbathing, fishing etc are the favourite activities of tourists arriving at the beach. But a relaxed walk on the shore watching the calm waves slowly approaching the white sandy beach is something even more appreciable.Opening hours: You can visit the beach any time you would like to but most of the seafood restaurants will be opened around 04:00 pm to 12:00 midnight.Location: Jalan Pantai Kedonganan, South Kuta
With an aim to protect the tiny eggs and thus increase the hatching rates of sea turtles started Kuta Beach Sea Turtle Conservation Programme Started almost 17 years ago. It is one of the best places to visit in Kuta.It was started by Mr. Agung and Wayan with 1 sea turtle nest which was protected with bamboo placed around the nest.There are Turtle Rangers to patrol the beach during the night to give the mother sea turtles safe place on the shore to lay eggs and go back to the ocean. They relocate the eggs to the hatchery at Kuta and wait for the next 45-60 days to get the eggs developed and hatched. When the eggs are hatched, the conservationists will return them to the natural habitat immediately. Highlights: Currently, tourists are also becoming part of the conservation programme hugely as the awareness about protecting these animals has gained prominence around the island. People can join the release of the baby turtles to the ocean so that they can spread the word to others and bring more people in order to be a member of the conservation team and protect more sea turtles like this.In 2012 and 2013, the authorities say that they could collect more than 50000 eggs safely and relocated them to the hatchery. Around 80% of them were hatched and released to the ocean. Timings: The nesting season on the beach is from March to September every year and the hatching season is from April to October. The nesting dates can be altered as the baby turtles will be hatched naturally when they are ready. During the months of June, July, August and September, the baby turtles will be released almost every day.If you visit Kuta during these months, you may be able to take part in this mind blowing social activity. Things to remember: When you visit the conservation centre, try not to touch the baby turtles or not to take photos of them with flashes on in order to protect their eyesight. Location: The beach is located a few minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International Airport in Tuban.
A buzzing enclave of food stalls that extend some rare fragrance of delicious food, other grilled food items, shops and busy roads with tourists and tourism workers is Kuta Night Market that opens its eyes nearly in the evening every day and goes on until early morning. The cheapest food in Bali would be available at the street food shops here but offering the best taste ever. Most of the tourists find the food awesome here and you can stroll around to find some authentic traditional restaurants as well.The market is comparatively small with limited stalls selling clothes and other items. Those who love to take a leisurely night amidst people but without much traffic and buzzes, Kuta night market will be a good option.Highlights: Asian and Indonesian food items are served at many of the restaurants here and they are awesomely tasty. If you love to try some delicious and traditional food styles, then choose any restaurants from the market and have a relaxed dining experience.Timing: Starts at 06:00 pm usually and goes on until midnight.Prices: Meals will be available at a price range starts at 15000 to 25000 Rp.Location: Jl Blambangan, Kuta, Indonesia.You May Also Like: Famous Watersports in Bali