Teesta River Rafting Highlights
- Rush through the 4-5 rapids with high-speed turbulence in this Grade 2 river rafting.
- The river is flanked by white sand and its path is rife with large boulders, making it one of the best rivers for rafting in north-east India.
- Get high on your adrenaline, experience the thrill of river rafting in Teesta river with high turbulent rapids.
- Enjoy this adventurous Teesta river rafting activity with the support of professional and experienced instructor and safety gears.
Teesta River Rafting Overview
Teesta River Rafting Location: Melli.
Teesta River Rafting Timings: 8 AM to 3 PM
Teesta River is a tributary of the Brahmaputra river that originates from the eastern Himalayas near Chunthang, Sikkim and flows to a whopping distance of 315 km.
Teesta river is one of the most famous river rafting spots adorned with blossom green surroundings and offers rafting through deep ravines and whitewater rapids.
About the Teesta River Rafting:
- Indulge in this thrilling Teesta river rafting experience and pass-through the deep ravines of the Teesta River.
- The duration of this guided Teesta river rafting activity is 1 to 3 hours.
- The actual duration of the Teesta rafting activity depends on the flow of the river.
- Pass through a maximum of 4 to 5 rapids in this river rafting activity.
- This Teesta rafting activity has two variants to choose from which are 7Km and 5 Km.
- A trained professional will conduct this activity.
- The guide will give you a brief about the rules and precautions for water rafting.
- A swimmer along with the guide will be on board to provide extra safety.
- The Teesta river rafting activity will be conducted with all necessary gears and top quality equipment.
- The rafting in Teesta river is graded on a scale of 2–4.
- Adhering to the COVID-19 Guidelines, a raft can accommodate up to five participants excluding the guide.
NOTE- The transfers from ending point to starting point can be availed at an extra cost on the spot itself.
How to reach:
Nearest Airport: Bagdogra airport, West Bengal is the nearest airport located at a distance of 145 KM from the Starting point. One can hire either a taxi or a shared vehicle from the airport to reach the Starting point.
Nearest Bus Stop: Siliguri Bus Stand is the nearest bus stop to the campsite located at a distance of 67 KM from the Starting point. One can hire either a taxi or a shared vehicle from the bus stand to reach the Starting point.
Nearest Railway Station: New Jalpaiguri Station is the nearest railway station located at a distance of 140 KM from the Starting point. One can hire either a taxi or a shared vehicle from the bus stand to reach the Starting point.
Select Package Option
Teesta River Rafting for 5 Km
Teesta River Rafting for 7 Km
More Details about Teesta River Rafting
Know Before You Go for Teesta River Rafting
- Participants are not allowed to carry any sharp object, lighter, luggage bag, alcohol, knife, etc.
- Participants are requested to report at the venue at least 30 minutes prior to their chosen time slot. Timings must be strictly followed, as the activity is time constraint.
- Participants must pay attention to the guidelines given by the instructor before and after the activity.
- Any meals or transfers not mentioned in the itinerary are to be considered an exclusion in the deal.
- Guidelines issued by the respective State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of masks recommended.
- ID proof is mandatory for each individual guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival. PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof.
- All foreign nationals must share their passport and visa details at the time of booking, and also upon arrival.
- Any breakage or damage of any items will be charged at actuals.
- A person with less than weight of 90Kg and more than 5 year of age is permissonable.
- For safety purposes, this Teesta river rafting activity is not recommended for women who are more than 3 months pregnant, anyone that has had major surgery, or has a broken leg/arm, has chronic back or neck pains, etc
- Any personal expenses or items of personal nature will not be included in the rafting in Teesta river package.
- The instructor reserves the right to reject any participant deemed unfit to be part of the Teesta river rafting activity.
- Avoid consuming heavy food or alcoholic beverages before and after the Teesta river rafting activity.
- The Teesta river rafting activity might be delayed or postponed due to weather conditions. In such a scenario, the next best possible time slot will be informed.