10 Days Captivating Sikkim Trip Highlights
- Unleash your inner wanderer with breathtaking landscapes composed of mountains, waterfalls, forests, lakes, and monasteries.
- Behold the spiritual architecture of the Ghoom monastery adorned with beautiful murals, paintings, and frescos.
- Admire the spectacular charm of the highest lakes in the world known as Gurudongmar Lake.
- Explore the natural scenic beauty of Pelling city adorned with rich cultural heritage and natural wonders.
- Admire the vibrant shades of Tsomgo Lake - Frozen lake illuminated by the glittering sunlight.
10 Days Captivating Sikkim Trip Overview
About the Destination
Sikkim, perhaps the littlest state in India is known for its unmatched excellence and dazzling appeal. Sikkim is wedged by Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet lines, and situated in the immaculate characteristic magnificence of the Himalayas. Abode to a splendid range of majestic peaks, stunning valleys like the Yumthang Valley, rivers like the Lachung Chu and Lachen Chu, lakes like the Gurudongmar Lake, and many waterfalls, Sikkim demonstrates a perfect blockbuster dose of nature and serenity.
Quick Facts of 10 Days Captivating Sikkim :
Start Point/ End Point: IXB Airport/ NJP Railway Station
Pick-up/ Drop Timing: As per Traveler Convenience
Duration : 9 Nights & 10 Days
Destinations Covered : Gangtok - Tsomgo lake - Lachen - Lachung - Gangtok - Ravangla- Pelling - Darjeeling
Customization: Available as per the request
Inclusions of 10 Days Captivating Sikkim:
- Private Accommodation in Standard Hotel (Upgradation Possible on Request)
- Vehicle: Hatchback/ SUV (As per Requirement)
- Breakfast on All Days and All meals in Lachen and Lachung
- Parking charges
- Driver as Guide
About the Tour:
- Arrive at NJP Railway Station or Bagdogra Airport and prepare yourself for the exciting journey that lies ahead of you.
- This tour will cover the top iconic attractions of Sikkim such as Gurudongmar Lake, Yumthang Valley, Baba Mandir, Buddha Park & Tiger Hills.
- Grasp a breathtaking view of Tsogmo Lake, an oval-shaped lake that is home to several migratory birds and Brahminy ducks. Further, proceed to Baba Mandir, constructed in the memory of Indian army soldier, Baba Harbhajan Singh.
- Visit one of the highest lakes in the world, Gurudongmar Lake which is at 17,800 ft, and immerse yourself in the beauty of the stunning lake
- Soak yourself in the charming natural beauty of Changu Lake, Lachung Chu, Yumthang valley, etc.
- Wander amidst the natural, historical, and cultural values of Pelling and feel the peace and retrieve yourself from the hassle of the loud city life. Visit Khecheopalri Lake, also known as the “Wish-fulfilling Lake”.
- Pelling is known for its pristine natural beauty, where the natural and cultural assets remain untouched being a total getaway from the city-life hassle to nirvana.
- Listen to the chanting of the Buddhist monk and the tinkling of bells at the monasteries.
- Darjeeling has been dubbed the ‘Queen of the Hills'’, also known for hill-covered tea estate, diverse culture, and famous toy-train rides by the roadside, providing picturesque valley views and a lifetime of memories.
- Snap first-rate photos in the midst of regular ponder and make your online media companions jealous of this lifetime experience.
More Details about 10 Days Captivating Sikkim Trip
Know Before You Go for 10 Days Captivating Sikkim Trip
- As per state guidelines, Travellers wearing a turban are not allowed in Lachen.
- All Traveller including co-travellers must carry 2 passport size photo and 2 photocopies of a valid id proof along with the originals(voter id, passport, driving license, govt job dept id proof are only accepted). Travellers are recommended to share Soft copies with the tour operator on official WhatsApp chats/groups (Thrillophilia Chat groups) at least 3 days prior to the trip.
- Kindly Note that in Lachen and Lachung, there are limited availability of the hotels hence by default we provide only Standard and deluxe accommodation. Further for any upgradation you can contact us.
- Thrillophilia reserves the right to rearrange or change the itinerary for reasons that are beyond control like Natural calamity, weather conditions, road block etc.
- Pick up from airport should be mandatorily between 5 am to 7 pm. Beyond these timings, it is recommended to stay in Siliguri & Traveller is advised to let Thrillophilia know before booking if they are arriving after 7 PM in Siliguri so that Thrillophilia can rearrange their Itinerary.
- By default, We arrange a standard room in the category that travellers books. In case a traveller prefers an upper category room or a suite, they are requested to inform before booking the package.
- As per North East guidelines, Vehicles are not on disposal & may not deviate from the itinerary unless any issue occurs such as bad weather, Political/social disturbances, roadblocks, VVIP movements & state transport rule prohibition. Transport services are from point to point only. Also, Sumo/Bolero is not allowed in main market area between 8:00 – 20:00 thus these vehicles are not allowed to drop/pick up the travellers directly to/from hotel in Sikkim, Darjeeling, Gangtok & Pelling.
- Nathula Pass is Indo-China Border which is operated by the Indian Army. There are some limitations to the entry of civilian therefore this place is optional in the itinerary. Travellers can opt for visiting this place at an additional charge directly to the tour operator. However, whether the travellers will be permitted to Nathula pass still depends on the instructions of Sikkim Tourism on the particular day of visit morning at 09:30 AM. Also, Nathula Check Post closes at 10:30 am & is closed on Monday & Tuesday every week.
- Nathula Pass can be added at an extra cost 4000 INR/car, payable on the spot and is subjected to availability. (Applicable if Tsomgo Lake and Baba Mandir is included in the package.
- Mt. Katao, Kalapathhar, Chopta Valley and Zero Point can be added on the extra cost of 4000/spot, payable on the spot and is subjected to availability. (Applicable for North Sikkim)
- Cholamo Lake, Green Lake and Lonak Valley are trekking routes, where cabs are not allowed and options for travelling at these spots have been barred by Sikkim Government.
- The services in Tata Sumo/bolero/ non-luxury car (Allotted from Govt local union) cannot be guaranteed in a good condition as the vehicles are usually very old and are already driven for more than 1 lakh kilometre in hilly terrains. We avoid arranging these cars for travellers.
- Thrillophilia may do their best to provide an accommodation out of the accommodation list shared with the guest however a *similar hotel in the category booked by the traveller may also be assigned pertaining to various reasons like unavailability, Maintenance, Security, feedback from multiple guests & extenuating circumstances like an accident at a hotel or intervention of local authorities, bad weather, Political/social disturbances, roadblocks, VVIP movements & state transport rule prohibition. We will inform you about the change & reasons behind it in advance.
- North Sikkim includes tribal villages like Lachen & Lachung which has beautiful scenic views of Kanchenjunga range however they are very remote destinations where the accommodation quality may vary compared to accommodations in Gangtok or Darjeeling. The accommodation is very basic in nature, One may not expect luxuries here. There are no star categories in remote destinations such as Lachen & Lachung
- Senior citizens and travellers younger than 4 years are not recommended to go to Gurudongmar Lake because of low oxygen. Permits for the infant under 2 years of age are not granted by North Sikkim tourism that means if you have a baby, You will not be allowed to go to North Sikkim.
- Zero Point is not included in Itinerary & is optional. It is completely dependent on the weather.
- Heavy rainfalls are observed between June – September which means that real time itinerary changes are possible. In case the roads are blocked due to landslides or any other natural calamity, a permit to go to North Sikkim may not be issued. Thrillophilia will arrange alternate sightseeing for the travellers however cost of alternative accommodation needs to be borne by the customer as the hotels prebooked execute their cancellation policies & are nonrefundable. This is generally what happens when you book the hotels yourself as well.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities or sightseeing may be cancelled and in such cases, the operator will try to provide an alternate feasible activity when it’s possible. A refund may not be applicable & we may not be responsible for any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc
- Foreigners are not allowed to visit the Baba Mandir
- Any sightseeing point which is not completed due to time constraints, traffic jam, natural calamity, travelers starting late, permits issued late or any other reason beyond control, Thrillophilia does not take the liability for a refund or a discount.
- Real time cancellation is not entertained due to any reasons whatsoever. There will be no refund applicable. Rescheduling date of travel is treated as cancellation. 100% of the tour cost will be charged as cancellation fee due to charges levied in pre-planning & pre-bookings.
- Cancellation as per cancellation policies on website.
- GST is applicable to the package and not mentioned in the above cost.
- Air Fare / Train fare /Bus fare are not included in the package.
- The traveler will have to take care of their international airfare, visa fees, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the tour.
- The tour takes place through Eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
Things To Carry for 10 Days Captivating Sikkim Trip
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Thermal inners
- Walking shoes