Darjeeling HomestaysHappy Valley Homestay, Vajra Kunj Homestay, Rambler’s Nesting Homestay, Bara Mangwa Orangevilla Homestay, Samir’s Homestay, Nestle Homestay, Smriya Homestay, Heyagriva – The Comfort Homestay and many more.
Homestays in Darjeeling are blissful accommodations for travellers longing to soak in the scenic beauty of the most loved hill station. These stays not only offer spacious and comfortable rooms but also offer well laid out premises with gardens and terraces. The home stays also offer delicious breakfast options of different cuisine starting from Irish to Indian and from English to Continental.
Darjeeling Homestays provide you with car and bike rental services for taking various exploration tours of the hill station as well as some nearby tourist places. Most of the homestays are located in the heart of the hill station which makes it easy for tourists to visit major attractions of Darjeeling. While some popular homestays like Happy Valley Homestay are known for their picture perfect views of nature, Vajra Kunj Homestay is famed for its evening entertainment.
You can also choose from a wide collection of budget homestay in Darjeeling like Rambler’s Nesting Homestay is known for its rustic setting and Bara Mangwa Orangevilla Homestay which is known for its pristine views and delectable food.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Darjeeling
What are the best homestays in Darjeeling?
1. Happy Valley Homestay: Happy Valley Homestay is one of the best homestays in Darjeeling that nestles in the city centre close to the famous Tiger Hills. This comfortable homestay has got all sorts of modern amenities and offers you vegetarian and continental breakfast during your stay. You will wake up to picture perfect views of nature in the morning and enjoy your holiday vacation to the core during the rest of the day. You will have the host ready to serve you round the clock. The homestay also offers bikes on rent for exploration tours of the hill station.
Location: Hooker Road on Lebong Cart Road Darjeeling, 734101 Darjeeling, India
Price: INR 1,000 Per Night
2. Vajra Kunj Homestay: Vajra Kunj Homestay is one of those Darjeeling Homestays where you will get to enjoy barbeque as well as an open terrace area to capture the scenic views of nature. You will also get a common lounge in this property where you can spend your leisure time with your loved ones. Apart from the lounge area, you will also come across a number of other seating areas in the entire property where you can spend time in the lap of nature. This homestay is located at a convenient distance from a number of popular tourist attractions like the Tiger Hill and Neora Valley National Park.
Location: West Point Road Above Dali Fatak, 734101 Darjeeling, India
Price: INR 1,700 Per Night
3. Rambler’s Nesting Homestay: Rambler’s Nesting Homestay is a most sought after budget homestay in Darjeeling that offers super comfortable staycation. The rooms of the homestay feature a terrace and a balcony to overlook beautiful views of the mountain ranges and verdant lush greenery all around. The homestay serves delicious food to the guests starting from mouth watering Indian to Continental cuisines. The property also offers cars on rent for your exploration tours of the hill station to places like the famous Japanese Peace Pagoda and Ghoom Monastery. It is located close to some of the popular tourist destinations like the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Zoological Park, and Tiger Hill.
Location: West Point Road Above Dali Fatak, 734101 Darjeeling, India
Price: INR 1,300 Per Night
4. Bara Mangwa Orangevilla Homestay: Bara Mangwa Orangevilla Homestay is one of the most popular rustic homestays that gives you a whole new level of experience. The homestay offers you a fully functional kitchen area where you can cook your own food and delight the taste buds of your loved ones with a home cooked meal. The rooms of the homestay overlook beautiful views of the mountain ranges and the valleys. The homestay has also got an outdoor pool where you can enjoy pool time with your loved ones. You can swim and spend time in relaxation around the poolside area. The homestay has also got a playground where your kids can plan and unwind with their new friends.
Location: Bara mangwa village Above Teesta bazaar,takling road,near Nirmal farms, 734312 Darjeeling, India
Price: INR 1,600 Per Night
5. Samir’s Homestay: Samir’s Homestay is one of the best homestays in Darjeeling that is usually one of the top rated places that guests love to stay. It is a super spacious accommodation that has a big terrace area for the evening entertainment, balconies to overlook the awe inspiring views, private bathrooms and a large dining area. The homestay gives you an option to choose from Irish, English, and Continental food during your stay. It is located close to some of the popular tourist attractions like Himalayan Mountaineering Institute and Zoological Park and Mahakal Mandir.
Location: 10/A Hermitage Road, 734101 Darjeeling, India
Price: INR 2,700 Per Night
6. Nestle Homestay: Nestle Homestays can be considered as one of the most fascinating Darjeeling Homestays that offers loads of amenities in a budget. The homestay nestles in the middle of alluring natural beauty of the hill station. This place is very much popular for its delectable Irish and English dishes in the menu. During your stay, you will also get to visit the famous Mahakal Mandir which is just about 3.3 km from the property.
Location: Jorethang Road Below District Magistrate’s Office, 734101 Darjeeling, India
Price: INR 2,800 Per Night
7. Smriya Homestay: Smriya Homestay is a popular budget homestay in Darjeeling that caters to a wide range of travellers starting from wanderlust solo travellers to group travellers and from romantic couples to family vacationers. This is a well equipped place where you will be able to get all sorts of modern amenities to make your stay comfortable and memorable. During your stay at this place, you can also make use of the car rental facility and visit some of the popular places nearby. The homestay serves its guests with delectable Asian and Vegetarian breakfast. Do try out to delight your taste buds.
Location: 14 Hooker Road, Near Rama Krishna Siksha Parishad Boys H. S. School, 734101 Darjeeling, India
Price: INR 1,300 Per Night
8. Heyagriva – The Comfort Homestay: Heyagriva is one of the most comfortable homestays in Darjeeling where you can not only spend time in ultimate comfort but also get a chance to relax in the midst of surreal natural beauty. The homestay is very much famed for offering picture perfect views from the rooms of the valleys and mountains. The property has got a large terrace area where you can spend your morning as well as evening hours. During your stay, the homestay will offer you delectable continental breakfast every single morning.
Location: 3 Tenzing Norgay Road, Ganesh Gram 5 Floor, Swastik Building, Near Rajesh Store,, 734101 Darjeeling, India
Price: INR 2,500 Per Night
Which are the best budget homestays in Darjeeling?
1. Vikkyz Homestay: Vikkyz Homestay is a well known accommodation in Darjeeling where tourists can spend their vacation relishing the best of nature as well as tasting a wide range of adventure flavours. You will get a chance to enjoy hiking, cycling, and trekking during your stay.
2. Maple Homestay: Maple Homestay is one among the popular Darjeeling homestays where you can not only enjoy a comfortable vacation but also enjoy loads of adventure sports like hiking and cycling. Located close to the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute and Zoological Park, it gives tourists a convenience of taking various exploration tours. You will also get a chance to enjoy barbeque with bonfire in the evening hours along with other inmates.
3. Smriya Homestay: Smriya Homestay is a budget homestay in Darjeeling located close to the Happy Valley Tea Estate. Spending your vacation at this homestay, you will be able to enjoy superb hospitality and delectable food.
4. Happy Valley Homestay: Happy Valley Homestay is a popular budget accommodation in the hills of Darjeeling. This is a spacious property to offer you a comfortable stay. You will get to enjoy a homely environment as well as enjoy home cooked meals as well.
Which are the best homestays in Darjeeling near tea estates?
1. Tathagata Farm: Tathagata Farm stay is a beautiful homestay that nestles close to the alluring tea estates of Darjeeling. It offers a dazzling view of the mountain ranges in its backdrop. During your stay at this place, you will get a chance to wake up to the idyllic serenity of tea gardens. The aroma of the tea leaves will surely tranquilise your senses.
2. Amigos Homestay: Amigos Homestay is one of the popular Darjeeling homestays that is not only located close to tea estates but also close to the bustling market places of Darjeeling. You will find a number of coffee shops, restaurants, and shopping complexes close to this homestay where you can chill out with your loved ones.
3. Blessing Homestay: Blessing homestay overlooks the surreal beauty of the mountain ranges of the distant Kanchenjunga. This happens to be value for money properties where you can spend an amazing holiday vacation with your loved ones. You will get all sorts of modern basic amenities and hospitable services from the host.
What kind of basic amenities do Darjeeling homestays provide?
- Free parking
- Free High Speed Internet (WiFi)
- Bicycle rental
- Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly)
- Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
- Car hire
- Room service
- Seating area
- Coffee / tea maker
- Electric blanket
- Bath / shower
- Complimentary toiletries
- Clothes rack
- Wake-up service / alarm clock
How to reach Darjeeling?
By Air: The best way to reach Darjeeling by air would be taking a direct flight to Bagdogra Airport which is located at a distance of 68 km and it takes about 3 hours to cover the distance. Bagdogra Airport gets regular direct flights from Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati and many other major Indian cities.
By Train: The nearest railway station to Darjeeling is New Jalpaiguri. This station connects almost all the important cities of India and has regular operating trains. The distance between Darjeeling and New Jalpaiguri station is about 85 kms and it takes about 3 hours to cover the distance.
By Road: Darjeeling is very well connected to the nearby cities like Kolkata, Kalimpong, and Gangtok. You will get amazing roads to drive from the nearby cities through the best of natural beauty on all sides. It will definitely be a great road trip but you need to be very careful with the windy mountain roads.
What is the best time to reach Darjeeling?
The best time to reach Darjeeling would be during the summer season which extends from the month of April to the month of June. In this time of the year, the climatic conditions of Darjeeling remain moderate and you would be able to experience the temperature around 25 degree celsius. You will also be able to enjoy loads of outdoor activities during this time.