Snow treks are some of the most fascinating things to do in the Himalayas. And if you add to that some mystery and a certain aspect of mythology, the enthusiasm to complete the trek reaches new heights. That is what the trek to Om Parvat is about. Mythologically speaking, this place is considered to be one of the oldest abode of Lord Shiva. Related to the legend of Ravana, the peak is considered sacred by many, and the trek leads to an astounding view of the giant and the impression of 'OM' made on the facade by the snow.
Located in the snowy Himalayas of the Kumaon region in Uttarakhand, the trek to Om Parvat starts and ends in Kathgodam, passing through many small towns and villages to finally arrive at the magnificent view of the Om Parvat. Rising to an altitude of 14816 ft, this peak is also referred to by several other names such as Adi Kailash, Chota Kailash, Baba Kailash, and Jonglingkong. A virgin peak largely because of its religious significance, the most astounding trait of this peak is the miraculous impression of “OM” naturally formed with the deposition of snow against black background of the mountain.
About the Om Parvat Trek:
- Start by arriving at Kathgodam and get a transfer to Darchula where you will spend a night at the hotel before driving the next day to Mangati
- From Mangti, you will be trekking to Malpa, then to Gala where you will stay for the night in camps.
- The trek then leads to Budhi, Gungi, and Kalapani with overnight stays at each. The next day you will trek to get a 'Darshan' or view of the sacred Om Parvat before returning back to Kalapani the same day.
- After staying a night here, you will trek to Chhiyalekh, onto Malpa, and then finally to Mangati with night stays at each destination.
- On the last day, you will have breakfast at Mangati and then drive to Kathgodam to bring the tour to an end.
*Note- The price shown here is for a group of 6 people. For options on more or less number of people, feel free to drop in an inquiry with us.
Duration of the Tour: 10D/9N
Altitude: 14,816 ft
Meal Types: Veg meals
Activities: Trekking, Camping
Total Trekking Distance: 86km
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Best time: April to June & September to October