1. Chokramudi: Home to abundant greenery, mesmerizing views and perfect climatic conditions, Chokramudi is one of the must include trails in your Munnar trekking packages. Having an altitude of more than 7200 feet, this hill is considered to be one of the most challenging trekking spots.
It is divided into 4 parts, including a steep climb, the dangerous terrain, a shola walk and a grass stroll. The trek becomes difficult after Shola Walk, thus many tourists set up their camps at this specific location only. In addition to this, since the trail passes through lush forests, sighting barking deers, elephants and snakes is common.
Level of Difficulty: Medium to Highly Difficult
2. Meesapulimala Trek: Meesapulimala is the second highest peak in Southern India And is known for offering some of the most beautiful views of the entire valley. The first off of this trekking is done in a jeep whose drops you at a certain point, followed by tracking for around one more day. The whole trek takes around two days to get complete, therefore tourists are required to camp around.
The camping is usually done in Rhodo Valley of Meesapulimala, from where one can later head towards the waterfall lagoon and the final peak. This is one such place for trekking in Munnar where people can indulge in an array of activities other than just trekking.
Level of Difficulty: High difficulty
3. Idukki: One of the most famous spots to enjoy trekking in Munnar, Idukku point has been attracting trekking enthusiasts from over the world. The major aspect that attracts people here is its countryside five loaded with tea and cardamom plantations. The trial of this week passes through a forest, thus you are advised to hire a guide. Since the Idukki Trek takes just 5 to 6 hours to get complete, one can easily cover it within a single day. Many people also choose to camp at the point and spend the night enjoying the serenity of nature.
Level of Difficulty: Easy
4. Kannan Devan Hills: As the name suggests, this trek lets you pass through the rugged terrain and steep slopes to finally reach the top of a hill. Other than being an adventurous location for Munnar Trekking, Kannan Devan Hills are also known for their breathtaking beauty in the form of vast tea plantations.
since the parts this trick passes through need an expert guide, and loaded with ridges and hills, and are comparatively slippery due to wet mud, only experienced trekkers out for this. The highest point of Kannan Devan Hills is located at an altitude of 1950 metres, from where you can enjoy the breathtaking views of surrounding valleys and plantations.
Level of Difficulty: High Difficulty
5. Lakshmi Hills Trek: Taking you to the top of a hill loaded with scenery and low lying clouds all around, a trek to Lakshmi Hill will ensure that you have fun as well as adventure. Get ready to experience a close encounter with wildlife as you will be passing through many rigid terrains and lush green forest covers, where spotting wild animals will be easy. If you plan to camp on the top of this hill, you will get a chance to glance at the view of Anamudi Peak which can only be seen at night when the fog is clear.
Level of Difficulty: Moderate