The misty hills of the Western Ghats welcome you to experience Munnar Tent Stays, one of the best ways to experience the natural beauty of this quaint hill station. Camping in this region is not only ideal for experienced travellers, adventure-lovers, and trekkers, but also for regular folks who want to make their Munnar vacation exceptional. The hills in this region ensure that there are ample places where you can go camping overnight, all the while enjoying several other outdoor adventures like treks, hikes, nature walks, tea tasting, rock climbing, and much more.
Some of the best places for tent stays in Munnar include Bird’s Paradise Camp– known for its incredible views of the Western Ghats and the many adventure activities organized by the property. Properties such as the Munnar Treehouse Tent offer luxurious accommodations, as well as the thrill of camping outdoors. You can also book a stay at the Wild Sherpas Camps and Adventures, which is located in one of the most naturally beautiful places in the region and offers activities such as jungle safaris, campfires, tea garden tours and more. These tent stays come with an array of facilities, features, and activities to ensure your outdoor adventure in Munnar is worth your time and money.
People Also Ask About Tent Stays in Munnar
Which are the best tent stays in Munnar?
1. Wild Sherpas Camps and Adventures: One of the best Munnar tent stays is the Wild Sherpas Camps and Adventures. The camp assures the complete safety and security of guests who stay overnight at this campsite. The tents are located at an elevation, where you can reach after a short trek across beautiful landscapes. From your vantage point, you can see the expansive tea gardens of Munnar. The camp offers a number of exciting amenities such as bonfires, yoga sessions, tours and treks and much more.
Location: Yellapatty Post Office, Munnar
Price: INR 4,988 per night
Amenities: Caretaker, power backup, campfire, travel assistance, jungle safari, public restrooms, etc.
2. Munnar Discovery Tent Stay
If you are looking for some of the most perfect Munnar tent stays, one of the best options is the Munnar Discovery Tent Stay which is ideal for families. Located in the picturesque hills and jungles of Suryanelli, this tent stay offers the perfect opportunity to be at one with the natural beauty of Munnar. Along with top-class amenities, you can also take advantage of the many tours and safaris that are organized by the property. You can explore the surrounding tea gardens and go for walking tours in the nearby hills and fields.
Location: Chinnakanal PO Suryanelli Road, Shanmuga Vilasam Road, 685618 Munnar, India
Price: INR 1,128 per person
Amenities: English speaking staff, car rentals, museum tours, tea garden tours, housekeeping, security, room service, public restrooms, etc.
3. Munnar Tent Camps: One of the most sought-after Munnar tent stays, known for their luxurious accommodations, variety of amenities and excellent views that you can get while camping here. The tents look out onto acre after acre of sprawling tea gardens where you can go for walks, explore the tea-making process and even sample some local tea. The tent itself is equipped with essential amenities including tea and coffee makers, washrooms, sleeping bags and room service. You can also enjoy campfires, trekking tours, jungle safaris and more when you book a stay here.
Location: Munnar Tent Camps, Top Station, View point, Munnar, Idukki, Kerala, 625582
Price: INR 1,800 per night
Amenities: All meals provided, professional guide, outdoor activities, clean accommodations, campfire, etc.
4. Munnar Treehouse Tent: If you are looking for the ultimate luxury tent stays in Munnar, look no further than the posh and unique Munnar Treehouse Tent. The property is the definition of rural living, with luxurious amenities. The tent is propped up over a sturdy treehouse located at an elevation that gives you an excellent view of the surrounding Munnar landscape. The famous Eravikulam National Park is located at a short distance of 12 km from the property. Amenities include properly furnished accommodations, WiFi and other conveniences that will make your stay memorable.
Location: Top Station Highway, Munnar, Kerala 685812
Price: INR 3,280 per night
Amenities: All meals included, terrace, fireplace, local tours, free parking, free WiFi, etc.
5. Bird’s Paradise Camp: Located in Central Munnar, this stunning tent stay located high up in the hills of the Western Ghat is a popular property amongst tourists and adventurers. The most striking feature of the tent stay is the view that it offers of the surrounding jungles and mountains and the sunrise and sunset that you can watch from your bed inside the tents. Apart from the breathtaking view, what makes this one of the best tent stays in Munnar is the comfortable camping experience, the short local tours, the delicious local food and the affordable pricing.
Location: Letchmi Estate, Kochi-Madurai- Dhanushkodi Road, Kannan Devan Hills, Munnar 685612
Price: INR 1,400 per night
Amenities: Doctor on call, first-aid, food provided, local tours, trekking guides, free parking caretaker, etc.
What is the best time for tent stays in Munnar?
The summer season, which occurs between March to May in the region, is the best time to indulge in tent stays and camping trips in Munnar. During this time of the year, you can enjoy the cool, pleasant weather with minimal chances of rainfall to dampen your overnight outdoor adventure. However, if you love the monsoons, you can also book camping trips that take place only during this time of the year.
Are pets allowed in Munnar tent stays?
In most cases, pets are not allowed for outdoor tent stays when you are in Munnar. This is because the experience comes with lengthy treks, adventure activities, local excursions and other factors that might not be ideal for pets. However, the rules are different for different tent stay packages, so you must check all the details beforehand.
Is tent stay in Munnar safe for couples?
Yes, booking a tent stay in a beautiful place like Munnar is completely safe for couples. There are special couple-friendly facilities and packages in place to elevate the experience for couples. It is also a favourite for many couples, who like to spend their honeymoon taking in the natural beauty of Munnar from a unique perspective.
What facilities will be provided in tent stays in Munnar?
While the fixed range of facilities differs from package to package and tour to tour, some of the common facilities you can expect include –
- Sleeping bags and pillows
- Tents for accommodation
- Trekking tours and local excursions
- Meals, including breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea
- Campfire and bonfires
- Clean drinking water
- Pickup and drop facilities
- Professional guide