1. Trekking: The town of Mcleodganj is a heaven for the adventure junkies, and if you are trekking aficionado, then this place would be perfect for you to test your skills. It is widely known as one of the best adventure activities in Mcleodganj and can be best enjoyed in summer.
During the months of this season, the risk of avalanches gets reduced by quite a mile, which makes the trekking activities a lot safer than usual. Besides, during this season, you will also get to see a lot of unknown flowers, which increases the vibrancy of the places even more with the bright colors. The terrains of trek trails of Mcleodganj, such as Triund or Kareri Lake, are quite flat and comparatively less difficult.
Location: Kareri Lake, Triund, Bhagsu Nag, etc.
Price: 900 INR – 3500 INR.
Timing: Usually starts around 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM and lasts for around six to seven hours depending on the location and distance.
2. Paragliding: Do you like the idea of soaring through the milky clouds and savoring the beauty of Mcleodganj from a bird’s eye view? Then, you should definitely make sure to include paragliding on the top of your bucket list of adventure sports in Mcleodganj. To indulge in this activity, you will be attached to a glider, which will help you to fly across the sky.
Location: Bir-Billing, Mahal Taru.
Price: 1600 INR to 2500 INR.
Timing: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
3. Flying Fox: The Flying Fox is one of those popular adventure activities in Mcleodganj, which is mostly loved by the utmost daredevils. To perform this sport, you will be connected with a strong cable attached to your waist and have to reach the other end of the rope with its help. However, as the activity is usually conducted quite higher from the ground, make sure to hold the cable tightly to avoid mis balancing issues.
Timing: 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
4. Rock Climbing: Rock Climbing is yet another of the adventure sports in Mcleodganj that is mainly famous among the adventure junkies. While performing this sport, you will have to climb uneven rocky surfaces with the help of your bare hands and legs. However, there will be a sturdy rope attached to your waist, in case you lose your balance and fall from the rock.
Location: Nayagroeon region.
Price: 800 INR (approximately).
Timing: 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
5. Rappelling: Known as one of the safest Mcleodganj adventure activities, Rappelling generally involves the act of climbing down from a rocky structure. However, there is no need to fear, as you will be harnessed with high-end protective gear and a sturdy rope, which will help you to get down quickly.
Price: 450 INR (depends on the agency that you have opted for).
Timing: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
6. Ziplining: Like Flying Fox, ziplining, involves the act of going from one end of the rope to another through a rope-cable system. Your waist will be connected to the cable and you will be driven from one end to another with the gravity-driven force. Unlike how it sounds, the activity is actually quite daring and can help you to enjoy the true charm of adventure in Mcleodganj.
Location: Bhagsu Road.
Price: 500 INR.
Timing: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
7. Swimming: As a hill station, the town of Mcleodganj is blessed with an abundance of lakes, such as Dal Lake, Seruvisar Lake, Kareri Lake, etc, and rivers. So, if you are tired of the typical adventure activities in Mcleodganj, then you can also swim in these water bodies.
However, make sure not to indulge in this activity in winter, as during those months, the weather of the city stays quite cold and chilly.
Location: Any of the lakes of Mcleodganj.