St. John in the Wilderness ChurchForsyth Gunj protects the famous Anglican Church, St. John in the Wilderness which is dedicated to John the Baptist. The church has a very old history as the background as it was built in the year of 1852 near Dharamshala, on the way to McLeod Ganj. The neo-Gothic architectural style accommodated by the church suggests totally a different appeal to it and also the surroundings filled with deodar trees add beauty in abundance to the whole location. The church is just a 20 minute downhill walk away from the Bus Station at McLeod Ganj. The ruins of a graveyard where the British people who were killed in the earthquake of 1905 are seen on one side and a restored bell tower on another side of the church attract people’s eyes so fast.