Mesmerizing landscapes, refreshing mountain wind, monasteries that invoke spiritual bliss, thrilling trekking trails, and the overall charm of the hill-town make Mcleodganj an ideal holiday getaway. Adding to the attractiveness of this bustling travel destination, places to stay in Mcleodganj offer every comfort and amenity necessary for a pleasant holiday experience.
You can choose to tread off the beaten track during your next holiday with the novel experience of staying at a campsite in Mcleodganj. Several exciting packages like jungle stay camps, river view camps, camping in the middle of open nature, or at the end of thrilling trekking trails near snowlines, and more such options are available.
Do you enjoy privacy and prefer to prepare your meals on your own to enjoy the comforts of home during your holiday? Then you can choose to put up at the neat, well-maintained, and comfortable homestays in this region. Would you enjoy a luxurious sojourn in a deluxe resort? You will be spoiled for choice from among the different exclusive resorts situated at posh locations and offering every modern amenity like spa services, massage therapies, multi-cuisine restaurants, valet parking, and more.
Stays in Mcleodganj suit every budget and allow you to enjoy the warm hospitality of the locals as well as the scenic splendor of the charming hill station. Catering to your every need, these stays make your holiday rejuvenating and truly memorable.
Popular Places To Stay in Mcleodganj
|Tea Estate Mud Cottage Palampur | Staycation||2D/1N||₹ 9180||4.0 star|
|Offbeat Traditional Style Homestay at Mcleodganj | Staycation||2D/1N||₹ 6500||4.0 star|
|Fortune Park Moksha, Mcleodganj | Book & Save @ 30% off||3D/2N||₹ 12200||5.0 star|
|Camping in Mcleodganj with Activities Flat 11% off||2D/1N||₹ 800||5.0 star|
|Kareri Lake Camping I Book Online Now & Save 20%||2D/1N||₹ 1200||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Mcleodganj Stays
Which are the best places for camp stays in Mcleodganj?
1. Triund: Are you looking for tent stays in Mcleodganj? This beautiful site offers spectacular views of the snow-clad Dhauladhar mountain range and the stunning Kangra Valley. You will stay in alpine tents at a place 2km away from Triund peak, nestled in the middle of the wilderness, and entertain yourself with singing and dancing around the bonfire in the evenings with permission from forest officials.
2. Kareri Village: This riverside campsite offers a peaceful ambiance and breathtaking views of the sunrise over the snowy mountain peaks. You will stay in alpine or dome tents with sleeping bags and enjoy delicious breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner. A shared bathroom is present at the site along with all modern facilities, making this one of the best places to stay in Mcleodganj.
3. Galu Village: Indulge in a thrilling jungle camping experience at this place and explore uncharted regions of Mcleodganj. The mists swirling up the mountain slopes and the lush forests of alpine trees all around create a mystic environment. Breakfast and dinner are served with choices of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes, and you can avail of lunch at an additional cost.
4. Heeru Village: This spot provides impressive views of the starry night sky and a scenic vista. You can stay in sleeping bags and enjoy the bonfire with music, games, and soothing nature walks.
Which are the best homestays in Mcleodganj?
1. Satobari Greens Homestay:
Equipped with all modern amenities like hot water supply, kitchenette, room service, and more, this is one of the best stays in Mcleodganj and ensures a flawless holiday experience. Situated at an idyllic location about 1.8 km away from Dal Lake, the spacious rooms have balconies that offer splendid views.
2. Pocket-Friendly Homestay in Mcleodganj:
The clean accommodation, situated in the middle of lush green hills and natural splendor, provides comfortable bedding, home-cooked food, and every facility for a pleasant stay. Delicious breakfast is provided along with necessary toiletries and towels to ensure that you have a restful holiday.
3. Pink House:
If you are looking for a laidback holiday away from the bustle of crowded places to stay in Mcleodganj, this homestay offering fantastic views of the snow-capped mountains will be a perfect choice. Facilities include WiFi internet connectivity, LCD television in the rooms, balconies, and a restaurant on the premises.
4. The Unmad:
You have the choice of three comfortable rooms, depending on whether you are traveling alone or with your family or friends. Located next to The Orange House, this accommodation provides round-the-clock service and rooms with flat-screen television sets. An in-house restaurant and a child-friendly area enhance the advantages of this property.
Which are the best budget stays in Mcleodganj?
1. Nirmal House Homestay:
If you are looking for pocket-friendly places to stay in Mcleodganj, this top-rated homestay situated in the peaceful surroundings of Naddi Village offers clean, cozy, and spacious rooms with balconies.
An on-site restaurant serves freshly cooked meals prepared with ingredients from local farms and facilities like barbeque, bonfire, satellite TV, housekeeping service, and more are provided. Prices of rooms start from Rs. 620 only.
2. Camping In Mcleodganj with Activities:
Costing only Rs. 800 per adult, this out of the ordinary budget stay in Mcleodganj, provides the excitement of tent stays in the heart of nature with entertaining activities like indoor games, bonfires with music, and more.
The snug and secure tents have mattresses, sleeping bags, blankets, a common washroom, and hot water facility, and meals, including breakfast and either lunch or dinner, are served as well.
3. SN Resort:
With prices starting from Rs. 800, this is one of the best budget resort stays in Mcleodganj and is located only a short distance from the popular tourist spots like Dal Lake, Naddi View Point, and more. The accommodation offers 16 rooms on bed and breakfast basis, with hot water, cable TV, toilet kits, restaurants, garden, car park, and other amenities.
What kind of amenities does Mcleodganj stays provide?
All the stays in Mcleodganj provide every state-of-the-art facility to ensure your holiday is comfortable. Bathrooms with towels and toiletries, internet connectivity, televisions, provision for meals that you can either cook yourself or enjoy in restaurants within the premises, hot water supply, massage services, and car parking areas are commonly provided.
Which are the best places to stay in Mcleodganj?
1. Resorts: Situated in picturesque locations, the resorts in Mcleodganj like Fortune Park Moksha Resort, Himgiri Resorts, Great Himalayan Adventure Resort, and more, connect you with nature while providing easy access to all the major attractions of this charming hill station.
Whether you are looking to spend some quality time with your family, or wishing for a peaceful retreat, the soothing ambience and comforts of world-class amenities of these resorts ensure a pleasant stay.
2. Homestays: The generous hospitality of the Himachalis is sure to warm your soul, providing you with awesome home-cooked meals and every comfort of a home away from home. Offering some of the most restful places to stay in Mcleodganj, homestays like Himalayan Homestay, Satobari Greens Homestay, Quiet Dharamkot Apartment, Pink House, etc. suit every budget and need.
3. Villas: Many cottages and luxury villas offer the authentic experience of a Himachali lifestyle, like the Great Himalayan Adventure Resort, the Heritage Villa Stay In Mcleodganj, and more. You can enjoy the scenic view of the mountains while enjoying every contemporary facility in these well-appointed cottages.
4. Campstays: If you are looking for an offbeat experience, camps in the middle of nature offer some of the idyllic stays in Mcleodganj. You can choose from beautiful campsites on the riverside, in the middle of jungles, or near a glacier, and savour the natural beauty of this hillside town free from pollution and the drudgery of city-life.
Which are the best resorts in Mcleodganj?
1. Fortune Park Moksha Resort:
Located at Strawberry Hills near the Mcleodganj Mall, this resort is within easy reach of all the major tourist attractions and provides facilities like swimming pool, children’s pool, spa with sauna, gym and wellness center, recreation center and lounge bar, multi-cuisine restaurant and café, valet car parking and more. The rooms are fully equipped with modern amenities like coffee makers, ironing boards, hairdryers, and toiletries.
2. Himgiri Resorts:
This lavish and welcoming resort is located in Nadi Village and offers 28 deluxe and super deluxe rooms, fitted with facilities like free WiFi, laundry, cable TV, room service, and 24 hours power backup.
The accommodation includes a multi-cuisine restaurant, lounge bar, conference rooms, and offers doctor-on-call service, making it one of the best places to stay in Mcleodganj.
3. Gagan Resorts:
Nestled amidst fragrant pine forests and towering deodar trees, this resort offers every luxurious facility at reasonable rates. Located on Dharamkot Road, this resort presents contemporary deluxe and super deluxe rooms with balconies, room service, running hot water supply, multi-cuisine dining, children’s playground, and more.
4. Nataraj Holiday Resort:
The resort is conveniently located on Temple Road near the Mcleodganj Mall and is thus close to all the fascinating tourist spots in this hill station.
It includes a restaurant that serves mouthwatering Gujrati, Punjabi, and Bengali food, offers barbecue on the terrace, car parking, and 24 well-appointed rooms with stylish décor along with amenities like mini bar, complimentary toiletry kit, round-the-clock hot water supply.
Which are the popular cottages to stay in Mcleodganj?
1. Great Himalayan Adventure Resort:
It is one of the best resorts in Bhagsu Road, where you have the option to stay in charming cottages in the lap of nature abounding with lush greenery. The luxury cottages are equipped with facilities like televisions and free WiFi, and the property offers services like multi-cuisine restaurants that serve organic food, parking area, ayurvedic spa treatments, indoor games, and more.
2. Heritage Villa Stay In Mcleodganj:
Within walking distance of all the principal tourist attractions like the Naddi Sunset Point and Dal Lake, this heritage villa constructed in the 1890s contains three well-appointed suites with attached washrooms and balconies.
The rustic-style villa built from wood and stone provides amenities like electric kettles, an indoor fireplace, and a kitchen where you will be able to prepare the meal of your choice.
3. Offbeat Traditional Style Homestay at Mcleodganj:
Surrounded by a private garden, this beautiful cottage contains one bedroom with an attached bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen, coffee maker, hot water, internet connection, and an outdoor sitting area where you can enjoy the splendid views of Kangra Valley and Dhauladhar peaks.
Situated around 1 km away from Mcleodganj, it is within easy walking distance of the hill town as well as the Bhagsu Nag Temple and waterfall.
What is the lowest & highest price of stays in Mcleodganj?
Places to stay in Mcleodganj offer diverse experiences, including camping, homestays, accommodation in heritage cottages, and resorts. Nature Camping in Mcleodganj presents the lowest priced stay in this hill town with costs starting from Rs. 500 per person. Indraprastha Resort in Strawberry Hills, Dal Lake, offers the highest price at Rs. 25090.