Strategically designed by our highly skilled tour experts, Dalhousie Tour Packages from Thrillophilia will let you spend a dreamy vacation amidst the scenic beauty of the enchanting hill town of Dalhousie. The itinerary of our packages are listed out prudently to make the most out of your time and help you explore the famous attractions of this surreal destination.
Popular Dalhousie Tour Packages
|Dalhousie, Dharamshala, Mcleodganj Tour Package Flat 16% off||4D/3N||₹ 9900||3.0 star|
|Picturesque Dalhousie Honeymoon Tour | Flat 20% off||4D/3N||₹ 11999||3.0 star|
|Kugti Pass Trek||8D/7N||₹ 14000.0||4.0 star|
|Delhi to Dalhousie Tour Package 2021 | Flat 18% off||4D/3N||₹ 7000||5.0 star|
|Dalhousie Khajjiar Tour Package 2021 | Flat 20% off||4D/3N||₹ 12000||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Dalhousie Tours
What are the best places to visit on a Dalhousie tour?
1. Kalatop Wildlife Reserve: Packed with umpteen varieties of wildlife, dense deodar forests, snow-clad mountains, freshwater streams, and verdant grasslands, Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary brims with the abundance of nature. This place is also home to amazing hiking and trekking trails that pass through the virgin forests and offer spellbinding panoramic views of the majestic Pir Panjal ranges.
Location: Kalatop R.F, Himachal Pradesh 176304.
2. Tibetan Market: Selling excellent Tibetan handicrafts, the Tibetan Market is one of the best places you will want to head to for shopping unique souvenirs. Tourists visiting this place love to buy hand-woven carpets, woollen garments, shawls, Chamba slippers, carved jewelry, and toys.
Location: Moti Tiba, Gandhi Chowk, Dalhousie 176304.
3. Rock Garden: Making for an enchanting picnic spot, Rock Garden is a highly recommended place to include in the Dalhousie Tour Packages of nature lovers and photographers. This place also offers a number of adventurous sports to the visitors including rock climbing and zip lining.
Location: Devi Dehra, Chamba, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176306.
4. Laxmi Narayan Temple: Counted among the oldest temples of the Chamba region, Laxmi Narayan Temple is a 10th century shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu. The temple showcases the Shikara style architectural design that makes it look even more attractive.
Location: Sadar Bazaar, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304.
5. Bakrota Hills: Bakrota Hill is an amazing vantage point that offers spectacular panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. This hill also makes for the loftiest point in Dalhousie, making for an excellent trekking option.
Location: Dalhousie Khajjiar Rd, Potato Development Centre, Ahla, Catchment Ala, Himachal Pradesh 176313.
6. Chamera Lake: Constructed over Ravi river, Chamera is a man-made lake that makes for an ideal destination to enjoy motor boating, kayaking, river rafting, fishing, and canoeing. This place also offers excellent views of the thick pine woods of the verdant Bhandal Valley.
Location: Chamba district, Himachal Pradesh.
What are the best things to do on the Dalhousie tour?
1. Shop Till You Drop at Gandhi Chowk: If you are a shopaholic, make sure you pay a visit to the popular Gandhi Chowk during your Dalhousie trip. You can shop for local handicrafts, artefacts, and traditional clothing in this open market.
2. Soak in the Spellbinding Panoramas at Ganji Pahari: A visit to Ganji Pahari must be included in the Dalhousie Tour Packages of all the nature lovers. Lying in the majestic Bakrota Hills, this place makes for an ideal trekking destination and offers enchanting views of the surrounding mountains.
3. Go Picnicking at Subhash Baoli: If you are visiting Dalhousie with your family or friends, head to Subhash Baoli to enjoy a serene picnic during your Dalhousie trip. Named after the renowned freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Boase and enclosed by lofty snow-clad mountains, this place offers a calm and scenic environment to enjoy a good time with loved ones.
4. Pay Homage at Chamunda Devi Temple: Pay a visit to Chamunda Devi Temple nestled in Chamba Valley and seek the blessings of Goddess Kali. According to popular mythological beliefs, this is the place where the goddess had killed Nisumbh and Shumbh, the two demon kings. The intricate carvings of the temple and the lush green surroundings add to the beauty of this place.
5. Marvel at the Architecture of Rang Mahal: A visit to the majestic Rang Mahal should be included in the Dalhousie packages of all history buffs and architecture fanatics. Showcasing vibrant paintings of Lord Krishna’s life on the interior walls and displaying a British and Mughal architectural design, this spectacular palace makes for a structure to marvel at.
6. Enjoy a Leisurely Walk at Garam Sadak: Head to Gram Sadak for a leisurely stroll and enjoy the panoramic views of the exotic landscapes. Decorated by huge trees on both its sides, this street offers a serene and scenic environment to soak in.
What are the famous adventure activities to do on the Dalhousie tour?
1. Paragliding: The clear skies, pleasant weather conditions, and spectacular underlying vistas, make Dalhousie a paradise for paragliding. You can enjoy paragliding in this beautiful hilltown from September to November and from January to June. One of the best places to enjoy paragliding in Dalhousie is Khajjiar.
2. Trekking: Dalhousie offers excellent scope to enjoy trekking. Some of the best and most popular treks in this hill town include DainKund hill trek, Dalhousie-Chamba trek, and Sach Pass trek. These treks pass through amazing vistas and offer breathtaking nature sights for the trekkers to soak in.
3. Camping: The hills of Dalhousie offer an amazing campsite to enjoy night camping in your Dalhousie tours. Although there are a plethora of amazing campsites in this hill town, yet the most recommended ones are Khajjiar and Chamba Hill.
4. Horse Riding: Horse riding is a fun and relaxed adventure you can enjoy during your Dalhousie tours. As you ride your horse, you can bask in the scenic views of the snow-clad mountains and verdant valleys. Horse riding is conducted at various locations in Dalhousie from 9 AM to 4 PM.
Which are the best places to stay in Dalhousie?
1. Hotel Mount View and Spa: Offering modern amenities, including its tranquil Tantra spa, Hotel Mount View and Spa always finds a place in the Dalhousie Tour Packages of almost all luxury seekers. This hotel also arranges candlelight dinners, live folk music, and bonfires on the demand of its guests.
Location: Near Dalhousie Club, Moti Tiba, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304.
Price: INR 6,000/night.
2. Hotel Grace Mount: Letting the guests indulge in a plethora of exhilarating activities like golf carts and quad biking, Hotel Grace Mount is always included in the Dalhousie packages of adventure enthusiasts. While you’re here don’t forget to click a picture wearing the local Himachali costume.
Location: Near Dalhousie Public School, Bakrota Hills, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304.
Price: INR 3361/night.
3. Alps Resort: Perched amidst lush deodar plantations, Alps Resort offers a comfortable and cozy accommodation option. This resort also features beautiful tree top houses that add to your experience.
Location: Upper Bakrota Hills, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304.
Price: INR 2521/night.
4. JK Clarks Exotica: JK Clarks Exotica features splendid royal suites, Illusion Bar, and The Bridge restaurant. It also lets you wake up to spellbinding mountain views every morning.
Location: Church Ballon Road, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304.
Price: INR 6500/night.
Which are the best treks near Dalhousie?
1. Sach Pass Trek: Perched at an elevation of around 4,500 meters, Sach Pass Trek passes over the mighty Pir Panjal mountain. Counted among the most challenging treks of North India, this trek lures seasoned trekkers seeking more adrenaline.
2. Ganji Pahari Trek: Ganji Pahari Trek is a 6-kilometer long trek that begins from Dalhousie and passes through Panchpula. The summit of this trek offers breathtaking panoramic views of the surreal landscape. You can also enjoy camping on Ganji Pahar and get some flavoursome homemade dinner from one of the nearby village homes.
3. DainKund Trek: Passing through thick Deodar plantations and verdant flower valleys, DainKund Trek takes you to the beautiful DainKund Peak that is nestled at an altitude of around 2,755 masl. The major attractions of this trek include Khajjiar Lake and Pholani Devi temple.
4. Dalhousie - Chamba Trek: The Dalhousie - Chamba trek begins from Talai and passes through Kalatop and Khajjiar to finally end at Chamba. This easy trek takes you through dense deodar forests and lush pine plantations, letting you soak in the splendors of nature as you traverse the trail. Once you reach Chamba, you can enjoy the mesmerizing views of the Pir Panjal mountain and open valleys.
Which are the best places to visit at night on a Dalhousie tour?
1. Tibetan Market: If you are a shopaholic, make sure you include Tibetan Handicrafts Market in your Dalhousie packages. You can head to this place at dusk and shop from umpteen varieties of well-displayed Tibetan handicrafts including wall hangings, jewelry, scarves, carpets, and shawls.
2. The Dining Hut: The dining hut is a reputed restaurant in Dalhousie, serving delicious global cuisines, including Indian, Italian, and Chinese. Flaunting an awe-inspiring ambiance, this place also hosts scrumptious buffets. Lying close to the Mall Road, this place gets a heavy influx of guests in the late evening for dinner.
3. Mall Road: Lined up with a plethora of boutiques, shops, cafes, and restaurants, the Mall Road always finds a place in the Dalhousie tour packages of shoppaholics and foodies. If you are visiting this place at night, shop for unique local handicrafts, take a leisurely stroll, or relish an authentic plate of dinner.
4. Panchpula: Covered by lush green patches, dotted with tall Deodar and pine trees, and packed with shimmering water streams, Panchpula is a picturesque picnic spot. Making for an enthralling night camping destination, this place lures a myriad of adventure seeking night owls.
Which are some famous campsites in Dalhousie?
1. Manimahesh Lake: Lying in the Pir Panjal mountains at an elevation of around 4080 meters, Manimahesh Lake is known for its mythological significance. A plethora of pilgrims and spiritual seekers trek to this lake and enjoy night camping here.
2. DainKund Peak: Known popularly for its bountiful scenic beauty, DainKund Peak lets you wake up to the splendors of nature after enjoying camping under the starry sky. Travelers going for camping at DainKund usually enjoy bonfire and cook their dinner together in a cauldron.
3. Sakera: Tucked in the lap of nature, Sakera is a scenic place to enjoy jungle camping. The campers will stay in Alpine tents and can enjoy a plethora of exciting fun activities including ziplining and bonfire. You can also enjoy nature walks and dine lavishly under the glowing stars.
4. Ganji Pahari: Camping on Ganji Pahari will let you witness the spectacular sunset, enjoy bonfire, and experience stargazing. You can also get yourself a delectable plate of dinner from a nearby village and relish the amazing home cooked food.
What are the most romantic things to do in Dalhousie?
1. Spend time in the Magical Woods of Panchpula: Pay a visit to Panchpula and spend an intimate time soaking in the beauty of the old bridges and lush greenery. The cool forest breeze and the shushing streams will enchant you to the core and make you fall in love once again.
2. Go boating on Chamera Lake: Surrounded by majestic mountains and lush greenery on all sides, Chamera Lake is a beautiful place to enjoy a romantic boat ride. You can also enjoy fishing and sunset watching while you boat on the serene waters of this lake.
3. Enjoy a Scenic Hike to DainKund Peak: If you call yourself an adventurous couple, include hiking to the enchanting DainKund Peak in your Dalhousie Tour Packages. Once you reach the summit, you can enjoy a 360-degree panoramic view of the whole valley and witness a plethora of cascading waterfalls and shimmering rivers.
4. Have a Romantic Hangout at Cafe Dalhousie: Head to the very popular Cafe Dalhousie and enjoy a flavourful cup of lemon tea while soaking in the enchanting sunset view with your sweetheart. The cafe also serves delicious international cuisine for lunch and dinner.
What are the best places to visit in Dalhousie with family?
1. Satdhara Falls: Surrounded by the breathtaking views of Chamba valley, Satdhara Falls is the conglomeration of seven stunning waterfalls that meet at a height of around 2036 masl. The water cascading down this fall is believed to have mica that possess medicinal properties for curing skin diseases. You can also enjoy the most spectacular sunset at Satdhara Falls.
2. Bakrota Hills: Also referred to as “Upper Bakrota”, Bakrota Hills is Dalhousie’s highest area. This place is encircled by a nice road known as Bakrota Walk, where you can enjoy a leisurely stroll and soak in the scenic views of lofty hills and dense deodar forests.
3. St. John’s Church: Established back in 1863, the majestic St. John’s Church is Dalhousie’s oldest church. Adorned with beautiful glass artworks of St. John and St. Peter on its interior, this stunning shrine presents the perfect amalgamation of history and beauty.
4. Tibetan Market: Selling excellent Himachali and Tibetan handicrafts, Tibetan Market is a very popular shopping hub in Dalhousie. Tourists usually flock here to buy home decor objects, hand-woven carpets, toys, carved ornaments, and woollen attires.
What is the best time to visit Dalhousie?
The most ideal time to visit Dalhousie is from March to June. During this time, the trails are not blocked by snow and the weather is pleasant and cool, favouring all kinds of outdoor activities.
How many days are enough for Dalhousie?
You need a minimum of 2 days to visit Dalhousie. Here is a detailed 2 nights 3 days itinerary for your Dalhousie tour packages:
- Day 1: On the first day, head on an excursion to Panchpula. Enroute, pay a visit to Satdhara Falls. Later in the evening visit St. John’s Church and Tibetan Handicrafts Market at Gandhi Chowk.
- Day 2: On the second day, head to Khajjiar and visit Khajji Nag Temple and Khajjiar Lake.
- Day 3: Pay a visit to Chamba in the first half of the third day. Later, in the afternoon, return back home.
Is Dalhousie worth visiting?
Yes, Dalhousie is totally worth visiting. Its snow-clad mountains, verdant valleys, adventure activities, excellent architectural marvels, and religious spots make Dalhousie a tourist hotspot of India.
What to buy in Dalhousie?
Tourists visiting Dalhousie love to shop in the bustling local open markets of this hill town. Some of the most recommended items to buy in Dalhousie include:
- Buddhist paintings
- Tibetan Handicraft
- Himachal Handloom
- Kashmiri shawls
- Kullu shawls
- Silver and copperware
- Bags and purses
- Electronic goods.
Which is better: Dalhousie or Mcleodganj?
Although both Dalhousie and Mcleodganj offer almost the same kind of experience, yet Mcleodganj is more of a calmer and quieter place whereas Dalhousie is a bit crowded destination. So, if you are seeking peace and solitude, Mcleodganj will be a better option. However, if you want a more happening holiday in the mountains, you should head to Dalhousie.
Is Dalhousie safe?
Yes, Dalhousie is absolutely safe for travelers all through the year. However, you should follow the standard safety rules. You should drive properly through the hills, take a pre-check on the weather, and avoid staying in the remote areas of Dalhousie.