Popular Dalhousie Packages
Dalhousie Tour Packages
|Dalhousie Dharamshala Mcleodganj Tour Package||4 Days / 3 Nights||₹ 16250.0|
|Dharamshala Dalhousie Group Tour Package||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 15500.0|
|Dharamshala Dalhousie Honeymoon Tour||5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 22400.0|
|Dharamshala Dalhousie Amritsar Tour | Family Special||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 26300.0|
|Dalhousie Dharamshala Amritsar Tour||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 22500.0|
Dalhousie Trip PackagesDalhousie tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Dalhousie holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Dalhousie vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
Little Switzerland of India’, Dalhousie is a much talked about picturesque quaint town. Here you can get a whiff of the old times, watching the traces of the British era, Victorian style mansions and Scottish architecture. Named after the British Governor- General Lord Dalhousie, this hamlet is tranquil yet vibrant and perfect to seek solitude in the lap of pristine nature. Various jewels around Dalhousie transcend you to a different world, away from the humdrum of routine life. Inclusive of the best Dalhousie Tour Packages, Kalatop, Khajjiar, Dainkund and Dharamshala cater to everything a nature lover could think of.
Places to Visit on a Dalhousie Tour:1. Kalatop Wildlife Reserve: Packed with umpteen varieties of wildlife, dense deodar forests, snow-clad mountains, freshwater streams, and verdant grasslands, Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary brims with the abundance of nature. This place is also home to amazing hiking and trekking trails that pass through the virgin forests and offer spellbinding panoramic views of the majestic Pir Panjal ranges and a must visit place on your Dalhousie tour.
2. Panch Pulla: Panch Pulla is a popular tourist destination located in Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh. It is a set of five waterfalls that offer breathtaking views and are surrounded by lush green forests. A perfect place for nature lovers, trekkers, and photographers and to add in your Dalhousie tour package.
3. Dainkund Peak: Dainkund Peak is a popular tourist destination located in Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh. It is known for its breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys, and is a popular spot for trekking and nature walks and a must visit places on your Dalhousie trip. Visitors can also enjoy scenic picnics and leisurely walks in the lush greenery surrounding the peak.
4. Tibetan Market: Selling excellent Tibetan handicrafts, the Tibetan Market is one of the best places you will want to head to for shopping on your Dalhousie tour. Tourists visiting this place love to buy hand-woven carpets, woollen garments, shawls, Chamba slippers, carved jewelry, and toys.
5. Rock Garden: Making for an enchanting picnic spot, Rock Garden is a highly recommended place to include in the Dalhousie Tour Packages of nature lovers and photographers. This place also offers a number of adventurous sports to the visitors including rock climbing and zip lining.
6. Laxmi Narayan Temple: Counted among the oldest temples of the Chamba region, Laxmi Narayan Temple is a 10th century shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu. The temple showcases the Shikara style architectural design that makes it look even more attractive and a must visit place on your Dalhousie tour.
7. Bakrota Hills: Bakrota Hill is an amazing vantage point that offers spectacular panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. This hill also makes for the loftiest point in Dalhousie, making for an excellent trekking option and a must explore place on your Dalhousie tour.
8. Chamera Lake: Constructed over Ravi river, Chamera is a man-made lake that makes for an ideal destination to enjoy motor boating, kayaking, river rafting, fishing, and canoeing. This place also offers excellent views of the thick pine woods of the verdant Bhandal Valley.
Things to Do on a Dalhousie Tour:1. Soak in the Spellbinding Panoramas at Ganji Pahari: A visit to Ganji Pahari must be included in the Dalhousie Tour Packages of all the nature lovers. Lying in the majestic Bakrota Hills, this place makes for an ideal trekking destination and offers enchanting views of the surrounding mountains.
2. Go Picnicking at Subhash Baoli: If you are visiting Dalhousie with your family or friends, head to Subhash Baoli to enjoy a serene picnic during your Dalhousie trip. Named after the renowned freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Boase and enclosed by lofty snow-clad mountains, this place offers a calm and scenic environment to enjoy a good time with loved ones.
3. Marvel at the Architecture of Rang Mahal: A visit to the majestic Rang Mahal should be included in the Dalhousie packages of all history buffs and architecture fanatics. Showcasing vibrant paintings of Lord Krishna’s life on the interior walls and displaying a British and Mughal architectural design, this spectacular palace makes for a structure to marvel at.
4. Enjoy a Leisurely Walk at Garam Sadak: Head to Gram Sadak for a leisurely stroll and enjoy the panoramic views of the exotic landscapes with Dalhousie tour packages. Decorated by huge trees on both its sides, this street offers a serene and scenic environment to soak in.
5. Pay Homage at Chamunda Devi Temple: With dalhousie travel packages pay a visit to Chamunda Devi Temple nestled in Chamba Valley and seek the blessings of Goddess Kali. According to popular mythological beliefs, this is the place where the goddess had killed Nisumbh and Shumbh, the two demon kings. The intricate carvings of the temple and the lush green surroundings add to the beauty of this place.
6. Shop Till You Drop at Gandhi Chowk: If you are a shopaholic, make sure you pay a visit to the popular Gandhi Chowk during your Dalhousie trip. You can shop for local handicrafts, artefacts, and traditional clothing in this open market.
Best Time to Visit Dalhousie:The most ideal time to visit Dalhousie is from March to June. During this time, the trails are not blocked by snow and the weather is pleasant and cool, favouring all kinds of outdoor activities.
How to Reach Dalhousie?
Go through a variety of Dalhousie holiday packages which offered by various cities: Dalhouise Tour Package From Bangalore, Dalhouise Tour Package From Delhi, Dalhouise Tour Package From Mumbai, Dalhouise Tour Package From Chennai, Dalhouise Tour Package From Hyderabad, Dalhouise Tour Package From Pune, Dalhouise Tour Package From Ahmedabad, Dalhouise Tour Package From Chandigarh, Dalhouise Tour Package From Nagpur.
People Also Ask About Dalhousie Tours
What are the best selling Dalhousie packages?Here is the list of best selling Dalhousie tour packages:
Dharamshala Dalhousie Amritsar Tour
Dharamshala Dalhousie Group Tour Package
Dalhousie Dharamshala Mcleodganj Tour Package
Dharamshala Dalhousie Amritsar Honeymoon Tour
Dharamshala Dalhousie Tour Package from Delhi
What are the famous adventure activities to do on the Dalhousie tour?
1. Paragliding: The clear skies, pleasant weather conditions, and spectacular underlying vistas, make Dalhousie a paradise for paragliding. You can enjoy paragliding in this beautiful hilltown from September to November and from January to June. One of the best places to enjoy paragliding in Dalhousie is Khajjiar.
2. Trekking: Dalhousie offers excellent scope to enjoy trekking. Some of the best and most popular treks in this hill town include DainKund hill trek, Dalhousie-Chamba trek, and Sach Pass trek. These treks pass through amazing vistas and offer breathtaking nature sights for the trekkers to soak in.
3. Camping: The hills of Dalhousie offer an amazing campsite to enjoy night camping in your Dalhousie tours. Although there are a plethora of amazing campsites in this hill town, yet the most recommended ones are Khajjiar and Chamba Hill.
4. Horse Riding: Horse riding is a fun and relaxed adventure you can enjoy during your Dalhousie tours. As you ride your horse, you can bask in the scenic views of the snow-clad mountains and verdant valleys. Horse riding is conducted at various locations in Dalhousie from 9 AM to 4 PM.
Which are the best places to stay in Dalhousie?
1. Hotel Mount View and Spa: Offering modern amenities, including its tranquil Tantra spa, Hotel Mount View and Spa always finds a place in the Dalhousie Tour Packages of almost all luxury seekers. This hotel also arranges candlelight dinners, live folk music, and bonfires on the demand of its guests.
Location: Near Dalhousie Club, Moti Tiba, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304.
Price: INR 6,000/night.
2. Hotel Grace Mount: Letting the guests indulge in a plethora of exhilarating activities like golf carts and quad biking, Hotel Grace Mount is always included in the Dalhousie packages of adventure enthusiasts. While you’re here don’t forget to click a picture wearing the local Himachali costume.
Location: Near Dalhousie Public School, Bakrota Hills, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304.
Price: INR 3361/night.
3. Alps Resort: Perched amidst lush deodar plantations, Alps Resort offers a comfortable and cozy accommodation option. This resort also features beautiful tree top houses that add to your experience.
Location: Upper Bakrota Hills, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304.
Price: INR 2521/night.
4. JK Clarks Exotica: JK Clarks Exotica features splendid royal suites, Illusion Bar, and The Bridge restaurant. It also lets you wake up to spellbinding mountain views every morning.
Location: Church Ballon Road, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304.
Price: INR 6500/night.
Which are the best treks near Dalhousie?
1. Sach Pass Trek: Perched at an elevation of around 4,500 meters, Sach Pass Trek passes over the mighty Pir Panjal mountain. Counted among the most challenging treks of North India, this trek lures seasoned trekkers seeking more adrenaline.
2. Ganji Pahari Trek: Ganji Pahari Trek is a 6-kilometer long trek that begins from Dalhousie and passes through Panchpula. The summit of this trek offers breathtaking panoramic views of the surreal landscape. You can also enjoy camping on Ganji Pahar and get some flavoursome homemade dinner from one of the nearby village homes.
3. DainKund Trek: Passing through thick Deodar plantations and verdant flower valleys, DainKund Trek takes you to the beautiful DainKund Peak that is nestled at an altitude of around 2,755 masl. The major attractions of this trek include Khajjiar Lake and Pholani Devi temple, so do not forget to add this in your Dalhousie tour packages.
4. Dalhousie - Chamba Trek: The Dalhousie - Chamba trek begins from Talai and passes through Kalatop and Khajjiar to finally end at Chamba. This easy trek takes you through dense deodar forests and lush pine plantations, letting you soak in the splendors of nature as you traverse the trail. Once you reach Chamba, you can enjoy the mesmerizing views of the Pir Panjal mountain and open valleys, so explore this on your Dalhousie tour.
Which are the best places to visit at night on a Dalhousie tour?
1. Tibetan Market: If you are a shopaholic, make sure you include Tibetan Handicrafts Market in your Dalhousie packages. You can head to this place at dusk and shop from umpteen varieties of well-displayed Tibetan handicrafts including wall hangings, jewelry, scarves, carpets, and shawls.
2. The Dining Hut: The dining hut is a reputed restaurant in Dalhousie, serving delicious global cuisines, including Indian, Italian, and Chinese. Flaunting an awe-inspiring ambiance, this place also hosts scrumptious buffets. Lying close to the Mall Road, this place gets a heavy influx of guests in the late evening for dinner.
3. Mall Road: Lined up with a plethora of boutiques, shops, cafes, and restaurants, the Mall Road always finds a place in the Dalhousie tour packages of shoppaholics and foodies. If you are visiting this place at night, shop for unique local handicrafts, take a leisurely stroll, or relish an authentic plate of dinner.
4. Panchpula: Covered by lush green patches, dotted with tall Deodar and pine trees, and packed with shimmering water streams, Panchpula is a picturesque picnic spot. Making for an enthralling night camping destination, this place lures a myriad of adventure seeking night owls.
Which are some famous campsites in Dalhousie?
1. Manimahesh Lake: Lying in the Pir Panjal mountains at an elevation of around 4080 meters, Manimahesh Lake is known for its mythological significance. A plethora of pilgrims and spiritual seekers trek to this lake and enjoy night camping here.
2. DainKund Peak: Known popularly for its bountiful scenic beauty, DainKund Peak lets you wake up to the splendors of nature after enjoying camping under the starry sky. Travelers going for camping at DainKund usually enjoy bonfire and cook their dinner together in a cauldron.
3. Sakera: Tucked in the lap of nature, Sakera is a scenic place to enjoy jungle camping. The campers will stay in Alpine tents and can enjoy a plethora of exciting fun activities including ziplining and bonfire. You can also enjoy nature walks and dine lavishly under the glowing stars and visit this on your Dalhousie trip.
4. Ganji Pahari: Camping on Ganji Pahari will let you witness the spectacular sunset, enjoy bonfire, and experience stargazing. You can also get yourself a delectable plate of dinner from a nearby village and relish the amazing home cooked food.
What are the most romantic things to do in Dalhousie?
1. Spend time in the Magical Woods of Panchpula: Pay a visit to Panchpula and spend an intimate time soaking in the beauty of the old bridges and lush greenery. The cool forest breeze and the shushing streams will enchant you to the core and make you fall in love once again.
2. Go boating on Chamera Lake: Surrounded by majestic mountains and lush greenery on all sides, Chamera Lake is a beautiful place to enjoy a romantic boat ride. You can also enjoy fishing and sunset watching while you boat on the serene waters of this lake.
3. Enjoy a Scenic Hike to DainKund Peak: If you call yourself an adventurous couple, include hiking to the enchanting DainKund Peak in your Dalhousie Tour Packages. Once you reach the summit, you can enjoy a 360-degree panoramic view of the whole valley and witness a plethora of cascading waterfalls and shimmering rivers.
4. Have a Romantic Hangout at Cafe Dalhousie: Head to the very popular Cafe Dalhousie and enjoy a flavourful cup of lemon tea while soaking in the enchanting sunset view with your sweetheart. The cafe also serves delicious international cuisine for lunch and dinner.
What are the best places to visit in Dalhousie with family?
1. Satdhara Falls: Surrounded by the breathtaking views of Chamba valley, Satdhara Falls is the conglomeration of seven stunning waterfalls that meet at a height of around 2036 masl. The water cascading down this fall is believed to have mica that possess medicinal properties for curing skin diseases. You can also enjoy the most spectacular sunset at Satdhara Falls with your Dalhousie tour packages.
2. Bakrota Hills: Also referred to as “Upper Bakrota”, Bakrota Hills is Dalhousie’s highest area. This place is encircled by a nice road known as Bakrota Walk, where you can enjoy a leisurely stroll and soak in the scenic views of lofty hills and dense deodar forests.
3. St. John’s Church: With Dalhousie travel packages visit St. John’s Church which established back in 1863, Dalhousie’s oldest church. Adorned with beautiful glass artworks of St. John and St. Peter on its interior, this stunning shrine presents the perfect amalgamation of history and beauty.
4. Tibetan Market: Selling excellent Himachali and Tibetan handicrafts, Tibetan Market is a very popular shopping hub in Dalhousie. Tourists usually flock here to buy home decor objects, hand-woven carpets, toys, carved ornaments, and woollen attires.
How many days are enough for Dalhousie?
You need a minimum of 2 days to visit Dalhousie. Here is a detailed 2 nights 3 days itinerary for your Dalhousie tour packages:
- Day 1: On the first day, head on an excursion to Panchpula. Enroute, pay a visit to Satdhara Falls. Later in the evening visit St. John’s Church and Tibetan Handicrafts Market at Gandhi Chowk.
- Day 2: On the second day, head to Khajjiar and visit Khajji Nag Temple and Khajjiar Lake.
- Day 3: Pay a visit to Chamba in the first half of the third day. Later, in the afternoon, return back home.
Is Dalhousie worth visiting?
Yes, Dalhousie is totally worth visiting. Its snow-clad mountains, verdant valleys, adventure activities, excellent architectural marvels, and religious spots make Dalhousie a tourist hotspot of India.
What to buy in Dalhousie?
Tourists visiting Dalhousie love to shop in the bustling local open markets of this hill town. Some of the most recommended items to buy in Dalhousie include:
Buddhist paintings, Carpets, Tibetan Handicraft, Himachal Handloom, Kashmiri shawls, Kullu shawls, Silver and copperware, Bags and purses, Jewelry, Electronic goods.
Which is better: Dalhousie or Mcleodganj?
Although both Dalhousie and Mcleodganj offer almost the same kind of experience, yet Mcleodganj is more of a calmer and quieter place whereas Dalhousie is a bit crowded destination. So, if you are seeking peace and solitude, Mcleodganj will be a better option. However, if you want a more happening holiday in the mountains, you should head to Dalhousie.
Khajjiar lake is one of the most spectacular lakes in Himachal Pradesh and one of the best places to visit in Chamba. Surrounded by the snow-clad mountains and cedar forest, the lake is located at a height of 1920 m from the mean sea level. Best time to visit Khajjiar lake is from February to April when the weather is extremely pleasant and the tourist can enjoy various recreational activities while enjoying the beauty of landscape at the same time. Moreover, if you want to spend some time in solitude, away from the hustle and bustle of city lives, Khajjiar lake is the place to go for.Various small water streams from the Himalayas are the major source of Khajjiar Lake. On a bright sunny day, if you are lucky, you can even witness the Mount Kailash at distance from Khajjiar Lake. One of the main attractions of Khajjiar Lake is 'Floating Island,' which is a chunk of weed and grass developing on the surface of lake.
Being situated at 2035 meters over the ocean level, the Satdhara waterfall proffers a tranquil environment and wonderful climate to all its visitors. The term Satdhara signifies 'a blend of seven streams'. The water from this waterfall is said have medicinal properties and healing powers. The Satdhara falls is based on the Panchpula route and is a beautiful traveller spot to visit with loved ones. It is one of the most prominent places to visit in Dalhousie. One can plan a day picnic with family and friends or just indulge in sightseeing. Activities and attractions- Picnic spot, Photography, Sightseeing.
If you are seeking for some adventure and thrill, then trekking at Kheer ganga is one of the most awesome things to do in Kullu. Situated in the Parvati valley, this place is endowed with a fascinating landscape making it a perfect destination for trekking. After this tiresome yet adventurous journey, one can experience the relaxing natural hot water springs here. Kheer ganga is also a pilgrimage hub. It is said that Karthik, the son of Lord Shiva meditated at this pristine place for approximately a thousand years. The place is open to visitors for only seven months a year and proffers comfortable accommodation facilities.