Chanderkhani Pass Trek Highlights
- Capture the mesmerizing panoramic 360-degree view of Himachal Pradesh valleys and peaks
- The beautiful pass offers fabulous views of the Deo Tibba peak, Pir Panjal and Parbati range of mountains.
- Embark on a trek at an altitude of 12030 ft, laden with a bunch of beautiful alpine pastures and snow-covered mountains
Chanderkhani Pass Trek Overview
About Chanderkhani Pass Trek -
Chanderkhani Pass is a window to some of the largest Himalayan homes which chaperone your journey. Witness the grandeur Bara Bangal range in the west while the Pir Panjal ranges fall in the north and Parvati towering high in the east. It welcomes you with lively meadows unfurling against the canvas of majestic peaks.
The Chanderkhani pass trek requires walking through trees like blue pine and deodar, walnut, golden oak, and wild cherry. The trek offers a wide view of the Kullu region and the cloud touching peaks. The trek embarks from Naggar and after crossing the Chanderkhani Pass at 12030 ft, the trailheads to the Malana village.
Quick Facts About Chanderkhani Pass Trek -
- Duration: 4N/5D
- Maximum altitude: 12,030 ft
- Trekking difficulty of Chanderkhani pass trek: Easy to moderate
- Approx. Chanderkhani pass trek route Distance: 26 KM
- Temperature: 5°C to 15°C; and Night: 3°C to 10°C
- Best time to visit Chanderkhani pass trek: March to October
- ATM: Naggar is the last point where you will get ATM
- Start/Endpoint: From Naggar to Jari
How to Reach Naggar:
The nearest Railway station is Joginder Nagar railway station 163 km from Manali, Ambala (350 km), and Chandigarh (310 kms). Tip: Regular Volvo and Buses are available from Chandigarh to Manali in the evening. Volvo buses charges between Rs.700 to Rs.1,000 per sector from Chandigarh to Manali and vice versa
The nearest Airport is Kullu Manali airport in Buntar is 50 Kms. Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, which costs about Rs.700‐ Rs.1,000. Bhuntar is well connected to Delhi by air. The airlines that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, operating flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu.
You can go on a road trip to Naggar. If you want to travel by bus, you can use HRTC or private bus services to reach Manali. Manali and Naggar are merely 21 km away from each other. You can hire a taxi service to cover the distance from Manali to Naggar.
Chanderkhani Pass Trek Package Inclusions:
1. Accommodation – You will be staying in a homestay in Naggar and in tents on the remaining days of the trek (3 people/tent). Room/tent is separate for the male and female participants.
2. Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious veg/Jain food on all days of the trek
3. Camping charges – All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included in the Chanderkhani pass trek package.
4. Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps are included in the Chanderkhani pass trek package. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
5. Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
6. Expert trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
7. Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on the Chanderkhani pass trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
Available Group Departures:
June :- 5,12,19,26
September :- 4,11,18,25
October :- 2,9,,16
[ Note: If you are a group of 4 or more people then the dates can be customized]
Chanderkhani Pass Trek Itinerary
Select Package Option
Naggar - Jari
More Details about Chanderkhani Pass Trek
Know Before You Go for Chanderkhani Pass Trek
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced drivers especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Children below the age of 9 years are not recommended for this trek.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the Chanderkhani pass trek package.
Things To Carry for Chanderkhani Pass Trek
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Led torch (with extra batteries)
- Thermal inners
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf