Escape into the serene heartlands of nature with a summer respite offered by camping tours in Kullu. Encompassed by the mighty wealth of natural beauty blessed by the Himalayas, Kullu is often hailed as a camping heaven for adventure junkies. It offers the serenity of forests, majestic valleys and the cool mountain air to greet you in the mornings.
Situated on the banks of gurgling waters of Beas River, Kullu is a wonderful escape if you are looking to break the monotony of your daily life. There are visual delights every step to entice you in exploring this heavenly hill station in Himachal Pradesh. In the realm of nature, Paragliding in Kullu and camping is a breathtaking enterprise that will keep you wondering how to appreciate these tiny pleasures of life. With the hills replete with the beauty of pine and deodar hills, Kullu camping is a mesmerizing experience to help you explore an outwardly retreat from life.
Mostly famous for its temples and orchards, Kullu is often hailed as an adventure hotspot. It offers the tourists not only to bask in the glory of scenic surroundings but also to experience the thrill of the Himalayas like no place to visit other than in Kullu. It is a treat for nature lovers and rejuvenates the soul with a thrilling getaway in the serenity of forests.
Kullu camping is best enjoyed at the Great Himalayan National Park which is an epitome of wilderness to treat your soul. The gorgeous vistas of the mountains and valleys keep enchanting the campers to revel and rejuvenate. Most people flock to places like Kheerganga, Manikaran, and Vashisht to enjoy camping in Kullu. Surrounded by eye-catching vistas of the Kullu valley, this experience is something that will be etched in your minds forever.
Kullu camping is a treat for everyone. Whether you are looking to enjoy a luxurious getaway or backpacking on a shoestring budget, this vacation offers the perks of diversity to everyone. You can choose among the various packages for camping in Kullu and enjoy a refreshing vacation amidst the midst of nature.
Camping tours in Kullu offer a great package of adrenaline rushing activities to make you forget the worries of life. Here you can enjoy myriad adventurous activities like snowboarding, white water rafting, paragliding, river crossing, rock climbing, skiing etc. Although the availability of some activities depends upon the season, tourists can always choose which activities they want to avail with a number of camping tour packages in Kullu.
If you are fascinated by the glittering sky at the night, Kullu camping offers numerous opportunities to spend your time staring at the sky. Solang Valley and Pin Parvati Pass are known for offering the most spellbinding vistas of the valley in the night sky. The mountain valleys will charm you with the fabulous views and go down your memory lanes as an experience of a lifetime.
Camping in Kullu is also a great way to experience the local culture and find out more about their way of life. Most camps are run in the traditional manner and offer you a glimpse of village life. Also, if you are a foodie, there is an added advantage of gorging on the most sumptuous traditional dishes of Himachal Pradesh.
To enthrall yourself in the charming landscape of Kullu, camping can be enjoyed at a cost of INR 2000 to INR 5000. The cost will differ depending upon the tour package you choose and whether you go for a luxury or budget tour for camping in Kullu. Camping tours in Kullu are inclusive of transportation, meals, and lodging for the tourists. These tours are a great retreat whether you are looking to travel solo, with your partner, friends or family.
Camping in Kullu is offered in tents that are made available by the tour operator. There are various camps in Kullu where you can find your passion for adventure in the most panoramic surroundings. Some of the best adventure camps in Kullu are Himalayan Monk Riders Associates Pvt. Ltd., Trek India Outdoors and Malana Magic Camping.
Tourists in Kullu can also enjoy riverside camping by staying at one of the exotic riverside camps. These campsites also offer a rafting trip which will probably be the highlight of your trip to Kullu. Rafting in River Beas is a splendid adventure as you navigate through the thundering rapids with the blissful surroundings of the forest on your both sides. The tranquilizing ambiance of Manali is something that you will cherish for a long time in your lives.
The most amazing season for camping in Kullu is from the months of March to June. This is when you get to beat the scorching summer heat of India and escape into the magnificence of the Himalayas in Kullu. The temperature usually ranges from 10 to 25 degrees in this season and offers a wonderful weather to enjoy camping related activities like trekking in Kullu valley, nature walks, etc. One should avoid the monsoon season for camping in Kullu as this is when there are heavy rains and strong winds that may hamper the camping experience for the tourists. The winter season is good if you are interested in exploring the snowy landscape of Kullu with the chilly winds and usual snowflakes.
Camping tours in Kullu offer an opportunity to escape from the concrete jungles of our cosmopolitan cities and just lose yourself in the charming spell of nature. Away from all the modern gadgets and the shackles of the internet, this activity is a great way to discover yourself in the surreal land of Kullu. The adventurous activities like that of thrilling river rafting in Kullu allows you to indulge in pulse-racing experiences that you won't find anywhere else. Whether it’s the brilliant sunrise or the mesmerizing sunset that entices you to surrender your energies to nature, camping in Kullu will keep surprising you at every step. It is a wonderful weekend getaway to make your life more exciting with the most spectacular adventures to make you fall in love with the beguiling surroundings of Kullu.
People Also Ask About Camping in Kullu
What are the best places for camping in Kullu?
1. Serolsar Lake: Offering the best combination of nature and facilities, camps at Serolsar lake will let you witness the mesmerising beauty of the lake and a list of adrenaline rushing activities like hiking and boating.
2. Seobagh: Being a slope having lush greenery around, camps here offer everything, be it a solo tent or a family one. From high speed restaurant to restaurant, everything can be availed here.
3. Jana Waterfall: Located in Jana village, this huge and mesmerizing waterfall offers the visitors to camp while enjoying the gushing music of the streams hitting the rocks.
4. Tirthan Valley: Located at the northern part of Kullu, camping in tirthan valley offers you some of the best views of high himalayas and the gushing tirthan river.
What are the best places to visit in Kullu?
1. Great Himalayan National Park: A heritage site listed in UNESCO, this national park holds around 32 species of mammals and upto 300 species of seasonal flora.
2. Manikaran: Located in Parvati Valley, Manikaran is known for its hot springs and the religious value it holds. Everyone is allowed to take a dip in its springs which are believed to cure many illnesses.
3. Bhrigu Lake: Located at an altitude of 14,000 feet, this frozen lake offers the best sight of blue waters surrounded by snow covered mountains.
4. Malana: This small town holds some of the biggest hidden gems in the form of waterfalls, hills, lakes and plains. Offering an array of activities, Malana will surely boost up your thirst for adventure.
What is the best time for camping in Kullu Manali ?
The best time to visit Kullu for camping is April to August(Summers) and November to February(Winters).
In summers, you can enjoy camping in the chilly hills and in winter you can admire the falling snow while resting in comfy tents.
Is it safe for a solo female to go camping near Kullu?
Yes, it is utterly safe to go camping near Shimla. The crime rate here is low, thus no one has witnessed any deadly crime while enjoying a trip. Also, you will be accompanied by fellow campers too.
Is Kullu worth for camping?
Known to be a camping haven for adventure enthusiasts, Kullu offers some of the best camping sites which are surely worth a visit.
From Serolsar lake to Jalori Pass, every camping spot here offers the best sceneries.
What kind of medical arrangements will be there during camping?
While in kullu, you will receive the best medical arrangements during camping like:
- In case of any accident or mishappening during the activities, a stretcher will be provided to take you to the nearest hospital.
- Basic medications for cough, cold, fever or pain will be provided on the site.
- You are advised to bring personal medications if prescribed by your doctor.
- Proper sanitisation will be provided at the site and care will be taken of cleanliness.
- First aid kits will be available at the camping sites.
Is it compulsory to make a booking in advance for camping in Kullu?
No, it is not compulsory to book camping in Kullu Manali in advance.
However, even if you are thinking of a trip, it is recommended to book in advance as this place attracts a lot of travellers and camping sites usually get full as soon as you reach there.