1. Goa: Goa is a coastal hotspot that offers some of the best Maharashtra water sports to visitors who travel from all over the world to take part in the many adventures. The beaches of Goa are fully equipped to cater to different kinds of water sports, whether it is underwater like scuba diving, or over the water like parasailing.
Several spots in Goa such as Calangute Beach, Grande Island and Palolem Beach offer different kinds of sports for you to try. In fact, it is one of the only places in Maharashtra where you can enjoy all kinds of water sports imaginable, whether it is a niche activity like white water rafting or something fun and accessible like banana boat rides.
Famous water sports to do: Parasailing, jet skiing, river rafting, scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking, swimming, wind sailing, angling, etc.
2. Tarkarli: Tarkarli is a less-frequented, but an extremely beautiful coastal town in Maharashtra where you can enjoy a number of exciting water sports with your loved ones. The beautiful beach offers the perfect opportunity to explore the waters of the Arabian Sea in various exciting ways.
While Tarkali is primarily known for parasailing and scuba diving, you can enjoy a number of other activities on the water as well. While you are at it, don’t forget to try the delicious local coastal cuisine and explore all the hidden beaches that this place has to offer.
Famous water sports to do: Scuba diving, snorkelling, parasailing, water scooter, kayaking, bumper rides, jet skiing, etc.
3. Kolad: Kolad is the most accessible town from where you can enjoy sports on the beautiful Kundalika River. This is one of the main rivers in the state, whose source lies in the Sahyadri Ranges and drains into the Arabian Sea. The best water sports that you can enjoy when you are in Kolad is undoubtedly white water rafting on the freshwater of the Kundalika River.
It is a group activity that you can enjoy on a particular section of the river. However, if you are looking for something more peaceful, you can also try kayaking and scuba diving.
Famous water sports to do: White water rafting, kayaking, swimming, scuba diving, rappelling, banana boat rides, jet-skiing, etc.
4. Alibaug: Located at a short distance from Mumbai, Alibaug is a perfect getaway for people who want to indulge in water sports for a fun weekend. The beaches in Alibaug are perfect for activities such as jet skiing and parasailing.
You can also get access to private beaches where you can go wind-sailing for hours on end. Apart from this, there are other exciting water sports you can enjoy on the beach for a magical weekend.
Famous water sports to do: Jet skiing, kayaking, parasailing, wind sailing, banana boat ride, speed boating, scuba diving, kite surfing, paddle boarding, etc.
5. Ganapatipule: Located in Ratnagiri, this quaint coastal town is the perfect blend of beaches and mountains that create the opportunity for innumerable adventures for a memorable holiday.
The most popular water sport here is motorboating, where you can hire a motorboat and cruise over the water of the Arabian Sea. You can also indulge in a number of other exciting activities in this well-known tourist town.
Famous water sports to do: Motorboating, jet skiing, parasailing, kayaking, scuba diving, etc.