Pondicherry HomestaysGratitude Heritage, Villa Kalifie, Ashrayam, Red Carpet Residence, Ponni Illam, A la Villa Creole, Nila Homestay, Villa Umar, Mantra, Le Ciel, La Maison Radha and many more.
Pondicherry, today referred to as Puducherry, is an incredibly charming, colonial town with lots of things to explore, making homestays in Pondicherry, a popular choice. Several national and international tourists visit this place, thus looking forward to some of the best accommodation facilities.
Most of the homestays in Pondicherry are known for providing not only comfort but also luxury, the bedrooms boasting of providing panoramic views of the sea. Often the owners of the homestays pay a lot of attention to the decor of the rooms so that the guests get an opportunity to stay in a beautiful and soothing ambience.
Pondicherry homestays offer some of the best facilities for rest and recreation. Wi-Fi, in-house massage and yoga sessions, homemade food, air-conditioned rooms, balconies with the rooms or terraces, common kitchen, etc, are some of the things that are readily available for the guests. Some of the homestays also arrange tours to the nearby places of attraction and allow renting of two-wheelers for exploring the place further.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Pondicherry
Which are the best homestays in Pondicherry?
1. Gratitude Heritage: Gratitude Homestay in Pondicherry is a retreat for the tourists. People who can appreciate the beauty and solemnity of this French colonial style inspired heritage house in Pondicherry will surely book a stay here. With its food and architecture, the place offers a memorable vacation.
Location: This homestay is located in White Town in Pondicherry.
Facilities: AC rooms, free Wi-Fi in the common area, 24 hours hot and cold water, vehicle parking, in-house spa, yoga sessions, pick up and drop facilities’, medical assistance and vehicles for sightseeing are some of the amenities which the guests can surely expect here.
Price: The approximate range of the rooms varies from Rs 1995-5995, depending upon the demand and the season.
2. Villa Kalifie: To have a feeling of staying at home, Kalifie Homely Stay is the best option. It offers quality accommodation and great service. The guests here can enjoy the best the city has to offer as not only is it conveniently located but also offers easy access to some of the must-see destinations.
Location: The homestay is very near to Pondicherry Botanical Gardens.
Facilities: Villa Kalifie is one of the best homestays in Pondicherry, offering numerous facilities. The rooms are designed, maintaining the highest levels of comfort. There are flat screen televisions, mirrors, towels, closets, and clothes rack. There are a lot of recreational activities, arranged by the homestay.
Price: Price per room starts from Rs 1448.
3. Ashrayam: For the complete facility of the tourists, Ashrayam homestay is one of the best Pondicherry homestays. There is a beautiful garden in the homestay, which can be used by the guests to enjoy the serenity of the place. Daily maid service is also another exclusive facility.
Location: Ashrayam is conveniently located at Lawspet, just 3.2 km from the center.
Facilities: The rooms in the homestay are very cozy, offering all kinds of amenities that the tourists might look forward to having in their accommodation facility. Air conditioning, service desk, dining table, free toiletries, and clothes rack are some of the facilities which guests can get here. Free on-site parking is also available.
Price: Price per room starts from Rs 5280.
4. Red Carpet Residence: Among some of the best homestays in Pondicherry, Red Carpet Residence is a popular name, with the world-class facilities it offers and the warm hospitality it extends. Located very near to the convenient hotspots of the city, this is one of the most popular homestays.
Location: The property is just 3 km from the Botanical garden and 3.4 km from Pondicherry Airport.
Facilities: All the rooms in this homestay are family rooms, being categorized into Standard, Deluxe and One Bedroom. All the rooms have air conditioning facilities and free Wi-Fi is available in the public areas. One can also enjoy the facility of free private parking on site.
Price: Price per room starts from Rs 2159.
5. Ponni Illam: Located in Pondicherry, Ponni Illam Homestay is very near to the most prominent places of attraction in the city. A much in demand property, this homestay offers additional facilities like a bike and car hire for exploring the city.
Location: This homestay is just 1.6 miles from Sri Aurobindo Ashram and 1.9 miles from Puducherry Airport.
Facilities: The homestay has facilities like free Wi-Fi access and free parking. Certain units have a seating area, including a kettle in every room. There is a private bathroom in every room, along with free toiletries and a hairdryer. A TV in each room and a 24-hour front desk is sure to be found.
Price: The price per room starts from Rs 800.
6. A la Villa Creole: This homestay is the perfect example of the interplay between architecture and comfort. When tourists think of beautiful homestays in Pondicherry, A la Villa Creole is known for spacious and cool rooms, adorned with precious fabrics and contemporary designs.
Location: A la Villa Creole is situated in the French Quarters, Ville Blanch.
Facilities: The tourists get treated to rooms with attached toilets and interconnecting rooms if need be. These rooms can be easily converted into an apartment and can accommodate more than 10 people comfortably. The rooms are exquisitely decorated with teak and rosewood antique furniture and serve fresh homemade food. Laundry service and dry cleaning are other facilities.
Price: Rs 1130 is the price per room.
7. Nila Homestay: Nile Homestay is a known name among Pondicherry homestays. This resort is ideal for both fun and relaxation and is quite near to the point of all attraction and activities. The property ensures a pleasant and memorable stay for the guests.
Location: Nila Homestay is located in the White Town/French Colony area of Pondicherry.
Facilities: Nila homestay offers a host of recreational activities other than plenty of amenities for an unparalleled sense of comfort. The rooms are colourful, some of them with kitchens and/or terraces. There are handy communal kitchens, laundry, internet services, designated smoking areas and a low-key lounge area for the convenience of the guests.
Price: The price per room is Rs 2799.
8. Villa Umar: You can definitely think of Villa Umar homestay if you want to enjoy a home-like feeling. All basic amenities are available in this homestay, besides some exclusive ones. Whenever one thinks of good homestays in Pondicherry, Villa Umar is a name that definitely comes to his mind.
Location: Villa Umar is 1.9 km from Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
Facilities: Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered in this homestay. Some of the rooms also include a balcony for having a stunning view. Satellite flat-screen TVs, air conditioning and car rental services are available at this property. Dry cleaning and daily maid services are some facilities which can be enjoyed without a doubt.
Price: A room’s price starts from Rs 800.
9. Mantra: Mantra is a villa type homestay, perfect for the guests in Pondicherry, who look forward to both luxury and comfort. It is very close to the seafront and the promenade. It also has a big garden and a lap pool for the guests.
Location: This resort is a 5 min drive from Rue Romain Rolland.
Facilities: The villa is famous for the Lotus Room and the Citrus Room. Both the rooms have an en suite bathroom and a deck, overlooking the garden and the pool. They also have an air conditioner and a T.V. along with a common kitchen. A large double bed is also common.
Price: The cost of both rooms is Rs 350 per person.
10. Le Ciel: Le Ciel is considered among those homestays in Pondicherry which is considered the ideal place to stay if Pondicherry is the place to be visited. As the place is strategically located, tourists can reach many places of interest easily and quickly.
Location: The resort is located in the Pondicherry-Chennai ECR Road area.
Facilities: The resort makes every effort to ensure that the guests feel comfortable. The best services and amenities like Wi-Fi in all rooms, 24-hour security, daily housekeeping, and ticket and taxi service are guaranteed. Flat screen televisions, clothes rack, mirror, towels, linens are common facilities. The plethora of other recreational facilities makes the stay more memorable.
Price: Price per room starts from Rs 932.
What are the best homestays in Pondicherry for couples?1. Nila Homestay: Lying at a very proximate distance to Pondicherry Museum, Promenade Beach, and Bharathi Park, Nila Homestay is known for its welcoming and courteous staff. The homestay offers huge open terraces where the couples can sit and soak in the enchanting views of the surrounding.
2. Le Ciel Homestay: Offering the best amalgamation of luxury and comfort, Le Ciel Homestay features 8 rooms spread across 2 floors. All the rooms of the homestay are furnished with an attached bathroom, a kitchenette, and a comfortable bed.
3. Mantra: Matra offers the perfect blend of style, luxury, homeliness, and intimacy. It is equipped with 2 studio suites, 4 private rooms, a swimming pool, and a fully furnished kitchen.
4. A La Villa Creole: Located in close proximity to Puducherry Airport, A La Villa Creole is a very clean homestay offering deluxe rooms with attached balcony and private bath. This place offers a charming interior and a tranquil ambiance that is enough to strike the chord of romance between the lovebirds.
What are the best homestays in Pondicherry for families?1. Ashrayam: The 3-bedroom homestay, Ashrayam is known to offer the maximum independence and privacy to its guests. The homestay features a furnished kitchen, a lush garden, and a spacious living room for a homely experience.2. La Maison Radha: Lying in White Town, the charming La Maison Radha is equipped with eight comfortable themed bedrooms. This lovely homestay offers amazing facilities including cooking classes, yoga, Ayurvedic massage, and vehicle on rent.3. Gratitude Heritage: Manifesting a French colonial architectural style, Gratitude Heritage is known for its impressive interiors. This elegant homestay offers yoga sessions, in-house massage, and free wifi to its guests.4. Pooni Illam Homestay: Pooni Illam Homestay is a very budget-friendly accommodation facility that is well-equipped with modern amenities including a fitness center and vehicles on rent. The homestay offers spacious twin rooms and budget double rooms, which are perfect for families.
What are the budget homestays in Pondicherry?
The best way to travel is when you save for the trip, not for the stay. And that is why while you are visiting and booking for options in Pondicherry homestays, going for a budget homestay is not at all going to be a wrong choice. Some of the best of budget homestays here are-
- Rajmani Nivas
- My Cozy Home
- Villa Swasti
- Sathya Residency
- Villa Olivia
- Comforte Suite
- Sree’s Cottage
- Alps Residency
Which are the best homestays in Pondicherry french colony?
1. Nila Homestay: Host to an array of recreational activities and offering a plethora of facilities and amenities, the Nila homestay in Pondicherry is known for its prime location. From a kitchen to laundry and internet services, various amenities can be availed here.
2. Villa Krish: Located at a distance of just 1 KM from the Railway Station, this homestay in Pondicherry will make sure that you remain close to transportation services. Fasciitis like free wifi, breakfast and room service can be available there.
3. Cours Chabrol: If looking for a stay which is budget friendly and lst you enjoy all the basic facilities then Cours Chabrol is the best homestay in Pondicherry to do so. Apart from the facilities, this homestay lies close to various tourist destinations of the city.
4. Villa Bayoud: Being the best homestay in Pondicherry, the Villa Bayoud will let you soak in the natural beauty around you while making sure that you stay close to the city side. Exhibiting a french cottage architecture, you will get various photography spots in its area.
Which are the best homestays in Pondicherry near paradise beach?
1. Gratitude Heritage: Rated top among other homestay in Pondicherry near beach, the Gratitude Heritage is known for its splendid facilities and beautiful architecture. This retreat will let you enjoy a cosy ambience and will let you soak in the beauty of nature around you.
2. Paradise Stay: If looking for a homestay in Pondicherry near beach which will offer you some of the most beautiful sceneries, then make sure you opt for a home stay at Paradise Stay. Overlooking the beautiful beach, the Paradise city is loaded with facilities like a tour desk, private set out areas, a kitchen and an access to the terrace.
3. Villa Kalifie: Offering Facilities like air-conditioned room parking area housekeeping and much more, this homestay is located close to Paradise beach. Just a five minute long walk from Villa Kalifie will take it towards the beautiful scenery of swing palms and splendid sea.
4. Villa Shanti: One of the prettiest homestay in Pondicherry near beach, Villa Shanti will make sure that your stay here remains loaded with luxuries and you enjoy splendid views of the sea.
Which are the best homestays near Serenity Beach, Pondicherry?
1. Villa Sentosa: This Pondicherry homestay is located on the East Coast road and at a close proximity to the Serenity Beach, Pondicherry. Apart from this, various facilities like parking, kitchen and tour desk are also available here.
2. Hutte Royale: With facilities like free wifi, parking and air conditioned rooms, the Hutte Royale will load your vacation with budget friendly experiences. The safe and secure surroundings around Serenity Beach make it the most preferred Pondicherry homestay.
3. Serenity Beach Homestay: Being a pet friendly property, the Serenity Beach Homestay makes sure that the backpackers and solo travellers enjoy a trip with their furry friends. The restaurant at this homestay is known for serving tasteful local delicacies including fish curries.
4. Serenity Sunrise Beach House: If you wish to stay at a place which overlooks the eye catching scenery of the sea and lets you feel the cold breeze then there is no Pondicherry homestay better than Serenity Sunrise Beach House. From an access to the terrace to pet friendly surroundings, various facilities can be found here.
Which are the best homestays in Pondicherry near Auroville?
1. Olive De Villa: If looking for the best homestay in Pondicherry, then Olive De Villa will be the place for you. With its prime location and an array of facilities, this homestay will make sure that your vacation here remains seamless.
2. Auro Mandir Residency: A hospitable surrounding, cozy rooms, round the clock services and a private parking, the Auro Mandir Residency will offer you all the best facilities. In addition to this, you will stay close to the local market as well, thus shopping and eating out facilities will be readily available.
3. Tranquil Guest Room: This pocket friendly Pondicherry homestay will offer you some of the best facilities, that too at an affordable price. This homestay also has a kitchen where you can cook your own meals.
4. Castle Service Apartment: With facilities like a fridge, a kitchen, sitout area and much more, the Castle Service Apartment manages to provide the best facilities and services to its guests. Apart from being budget friendly, this homestay also sits in a nice location which is easily accessible.
What kind of amenities are available at homestays in Pondicherry?
Homestays in Pondicherry are the pinnacle of the amazing local hospitality and comfort that one can get here. With a wide variety of homestays and their features, you will truly be spoilt for choice. The best amenities that you can get in the homestays here are these-
- Air conditioning
- Internet and Wifi
- Gardens, grounds and outdoor spaces
- Game and activities room
- Comfortable beds and hygienic living quarters
What activities are available in Pondicherry Homestay?
Pondicherry and the various homestays there has no dearth of activities to offer. Some of the activities which are enjoyed by all and sundry are Boulevard walking trail, Auroville walking trail, city tours to the bazaars and the bustling markets, learning the art of French baking, etc.
Often these activities are arranged by the homestays to make the stay more memorable. Pain relief therapies, ayurvedic massage, scuba diving courses, French heritage walk, Pondicherry sightseeing, speeding through the beautiful sea and a lot more, await each and everyone visiting this place, making the journey a memorable retreat.
Can I make my own food in Homestays in Pondicherry?
Pondicherry is a paradise for the tourists, the homestays having almost every facility one can ask for. Some tourists prefer to have their food cooked by themselves, thus there are many homestays which allow the tourists to make their own food. They have a public kitchen which has every facility to cook meals.
Is it safe for couples to stay in homestays in Pondicherry?
The entire concept of the homestays of Pondicherry is to make the visitors comfortable even when they are so far away from their homes. Still a number of people keep inhibitions while others are always ready to be open minded about certain situations. So it all depends on the kind of stay that one is choosing and the kind of inclusions and restrictions that the homeowner has in the rules and regulations of the place.
When is the best time to visit Pondicherry for a vacation?
Pondicherry in the Coromandel coast of India is a favorite beach location in the Southern India. With tourists pouring in every year for enjoying the scenic charm and the air of spirituality alongside water sports and stay experiences like Pondicherry homestays, the best time to visit this union territory of India is in the winters in the months of November to March.
What all things I must carry while travelling to Pondicherry?
Traveling anywhere means to go in with a full preparation. When you are visiting for an experience of the authentic here and staying in of the Pondicherry Homestays, these are the things that you should make a point of carrying with you-
- Backpack with broad straps
- Hats, Sunglasses and Strong Sun Blocks
- Pocket knives, preferably a Swiss army knife
- Locks and keys for your duffel bags
- Torches with spare batteries for your evening strolls
- Medical kits and First Aids
- Medical and travel insurance
- Water Bottle
- Good footwear and suitable clothing
- Extra Cash
- Id Proof
What facilities will I get in Pondicherry homestays?
- Parking facilities
- Restaurant service
- Transportation/ shuttle services
- Private sitout areas
- Pet friendly surroundings
- 24 hours running hot and cold water
- Home cooked meals
- Kitchen with all basic equipment
- Sitout areas
- Kids play area
- Stroller and wheelchair accessible accommodations.
Is it allowed to drink and smoke in a homestay of Pondicherry?
No, most of the homestays in Pondicherry do not allow the guests to drink and smoke. However, many homestays do have designated areas where you can light your cigarettes and sip your drinks.
In case of the homestays which do not allow smoking and drinking in their premises, one can easily find bars and cafes in their surrounding areas where they can indulge in such activities.
What is the average cost of homestays in Pondicherry?
The average cost of homestays in Pondicherry ranges between INR 2000 to INR 6000 for a single night. At this cost, you can easily enjoy facilities like a kitchenette, private sitout areas, well equipped rooms and a parking area.