Pondicherry HomestaysGratitude Heritage, Villa Kalifie, Ashrayam, Red Carpet Residence, Ponni Illam, A la Villa Creole, Nila Homestay, Villa Umar, Mantra, Le Ciel, La Maison Radha,
Pondicherry, today referred to as Puducherry, is an incredibly charming, colonial town with lots of things to explore, making homestays in Pondicherry, a popular choice. Several national and international tourists visit this place, thus looking forward to some of the best accommodation facilities.
Most of the homestays in Pondicherry are known for providing not only comfort but also luxury, the bedrooms boasting of providing panoramic views of the sea. Often the owners of the homestays pay a lot of attention to the decor of the rooms so that the guests get an opportunity to stay in a beautiful and soothing ambience.
Pondicherry homestays offer some of the best facilities for rest and recreation. Wi-Fi, in-house massage and yoga sessions, homemade food, air-conditioned rooms, balconies with the rooms or terraces, common kitchen, etc, are some of the things that are readily available for the guests. Some of the homestays also arrange tours to the nearby places of attraction and allow renting of two-wheelers for exploring the place further.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Pondicherry
Which are the best homestays in Pondicherry?
1. Gratitude Heritage: Gratitude Homestay in Pondicherry is a retreat for the tourists. People who can appreciate the beauty and solemnity of this French colonial style inspired heritage house in Pondicherry will surely book a stay here. With its food and architecture, the place offers a memorable vacation.
Location: This homestay is located in White Town in Pondicherry.
Facilities: AC rooms, free Wi-Fi in the common area, 24 hours hot and cold water, vehicle parking, in-house spa, yoga sessions, pick up and drop facilities’, medical assistance and vehicles for sightseeing are some of the amenities which the guests can surely expect here.
Price: The approximate range of the rooms varies from Rs 1995-5995, depending upon the demand and the season.
2. Villa Kalifie: To have a feeling of staying at home, Kalifie Homely Stay is the best option. It offers quality accommodation and great service. The guests here can enjoy the best the city has to offer as not only is it conveniently located but also offers easy access to some of the must-see destinations.
Location: The homestay is very near to Pondicherry Botanical Gardens.
Facilities: Villa Kalifie is one of the best homestays in Pondicherry, offering numerous facilities. The rooms are designed, maintaining the highest levels of comfort. There are flat screen televisions, mirrors, towels, closets, and clothes rack. There are a lot of recreational activities, arranged by the homestay.
Price: Price per room starts from Rs 1448.
3. Ashrayam: For the complete facility of the tourists, Ashrayam homestay is one of the best Pondicherry homestays. There is a beautiful garden in the homestay, which can be used by the guests to enjoy the serenity of the place. Daily maid service is also another exclusive facility.
Location: Ashrayam is conveniently located at Lawspet, just 3.2 km from the center.
Facilities: The rooms in the homestay are very cozy, offering all kinds of amenities that the tourists might look forward to having in their accommodation facility. Air conditioning, service desk, dining table, free toiletries, and clothes rack are some of the facilities which guests can get here. Free on-site parking is also available.
Price: Price per room starts from Rs 5280.
4. Red Carpet Residence: Among some of the best homestays in Pondicherry, Red Carpet Residence is a popular name, with the world-class facilities it offers and the warm hospitality it extends. Located very near to the convenient hotspots of the city, this is one of the most popular homestays.
Location: The property is just 3 km from the Botanical garden and 3.4 km from Pondicherry Airport.
Facilities: All the rooms in this homestay are family rooms, being categorized into Standard, Deluxe and One Bedroom. All the rooms have air conditioning facilities and free Wi-Fi is available in the public areas. One can also enjoy the facility of free private parking on site.
Price: Price per room starts from Rs 2159.
5. Ponni Illam: Located in Pondicherry, Ponni Illam Homestay is very near to the most prominent places of attraction in the city. A much in demand property, this homestay offers additional facilities like a bike and car hire for exploring the city.
Location: This homestay is just 1.6 miles from Sri Aurobindo Ashram and 1.9 miles from Puducherry Airport.
Facilities: The homestay has facilities like free Wi-Fi access and free parking. Certain units have a seating area, including a kettle in every room. There is a private bathroom in every room, along with free toiletries and a hairdryer. A TV in each room and a 24-hour front desk is sure to be found.
Price: The price per room starts from Rs 800.
6. A la Villa Creole: This homestay is the perfect example of the interplay between architecture and comfort. When tourists think of beautiful homestays in Pondicherry, A la Villa Creole is known for spacious and cool rooms, adorned with precious fabrics and contemporary designs.
Location: A la Villa Creole is situated in the French Quarters, Ville Blanch.
Facilities: The tourists get treated to rooms with attached toilets and interconnecting rooms if need be. These rooms can be easily converted into an apartment and can accommodate more than 10 people comfortably. The rooms are exquisitely decorated with teak and rosewood antique furniture and serve fresh homemade food. Laundry service and dry cleaning are other facilities.
Price: Rs 1130 is the price per room.
7. Nila Homestay: Nile Homestay is a known name among Pondicherry homestays. This resort is ideal for both fun and relaxation and is quite near to the point of all attraction and activities. The property ensures a pleasant and memorable stay for the guests.
Location: Nila Homestay is located in the White Town/French Colony area of Pondicherry.
Facilities: Nila homestay offers a host of recreational activities other than plenty of amenities for an unparalleled sense of comfort. The rooms are colourful, some of them with kitchens and/or terraces. There are handy communal kitchens, laundry, internet services, designated smoking areas and a low-key lounge area for the convenience of the guests.
Price: The price per room is Rs 2799.
8. Villa Umar: You can definitely think of Villa Umar homestay if you want to enjoy a home-like feeling. All basic amenities are available in this homestay, besides some exclusive ones. Whenever one thinks of good homestays in Pondicherry, Villa Umar is a name that definitely comes to his mind.
Location: Villa Umar is 1.9 km from Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
Facilities: Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered in this homestay. Some of the rooms also include a balcony for having a stunning view. Satellite flat-screen TVs, air conditioning and car rental services are available at this property. Dry cleaning and daily maid services are some facilities which can be enjoyed without a doubt.
Price: A room’s price starts from Rs 800.
9. Mantra: Mantra is a villa type homestay, perfect for the guests in Pondicherry, who look forward to both luxury and comfort. It is very close to the seafront and the promenade. It also has a big garden and a lap pool for the guests.
Location: This resort is a 5 min drive from Rue Romain Rolland.
Facilities: The villa is famous for the Lotus Room and the Citrus Room. Both the rooms have an en suite bathroom and a deck, overlooking the garden and the pool. They also have an air conditioner and a T.V. along with a common kitchen. A large double bed is also common.
Price: The cost of both rooms is Rs 350 per person.
10. Le Ciel: Le Ciel is considered among those homestays in Pondicherry which is considered the ideal place to stay if Pondicherry is the place to be visited. As the place is strategically located, tourists can reach many places of interest easily and quickly.
Location: The resort is located in the Pondicherry-Chennai ECR Road area.
Facilities: The resort makes every effort to ensure that the guests feel comfortable. The best services and amenities like Wi-Fi in all rooms, 24-hour security, daily housekeeping, and ticket and taxi service are guaranteed. Flat screen televisions, clothes rack, mirror, towels, linens are common facilities. The plethora of other recreational facilities makes the stay more memorable.
Price: Price per room starts from Rs 932.
What are the best homestays in Pondicherry for couples?1. Nila Homestay: Lying at a very proximate distance to Pondicherry Museum, Promenade Beach, and Bharathi Park, Nila Homestay is known for its welcoming and courteous staff. The homestay offers huge open terraces where the couples can sit and soak in the enchanting views of the surrounding.
2. Le Ciel Homestay: Offering the best amalgamation of luxury and comfort, Le Ciel Homestay features 8 rooms spread across 2 floors. All the rooms of the homestay are furnished with an attached bathroom, a kitchenette, and a comfortable bed.
3. Mantra: Matra offers the perfect blend of style, luxury, homeliness, and intimacy. It is equipped with 2 studio suites, 4 private rooms, a swimming pool, and a fully furnished kitchen.
4. A La Villa Creole: Located in close proximity to Puducherry Airport, A La Villa Creole is a very clean homestay offering deluxe rooms with attached balcony and private bath. This place offers a charming interior and a tranquil ambiance that is enough to strike the chord of romance between the lovebirds.
What are the budget homestays in Pondicherry?
The best way to travel is when you save for the trip, not for the stay. And that is why while you are visiting and booking for options in Pondicherry homestays, going for a budget homestay is not at all going to be a wrong choice. Some of the best of budget homestays here are-
- Rajmani Nivas
- My Cozy Home
- Villa Swasti
- Sathya Residency
- Villa Olivia
- Comforte Suite
- Sree’s Cottage
- Alps Residency
What activities are available in Pondicherry Homestay?
Pondicherry and the various homestays there has no dearth of activities to offer. Some of the activities which are enjoyed by all and sundry are Boulevard walking trail, Auroville walking trail, city tours to the bazaars and the bustling markets, learning the art of French baking, etc. Often these activities are arranged by the homestays to make the stay more memorable. Pain relief therapies, ayurvedic massage, scuba diving courses, French heritage walk, Pondicherry sightseeing, speeding through the beautiful sea and a lot more, await each and everyone visiting this place, making the journey a memorable retreat.
Which area has the largest number of homestays in Pondicherry?
The colonization of Pondicherry has occurred decades ago but Pondicherry still retains the French colonial charm. People are attracted to not only this unique flavor but also get soaked in the serene and calm ambiance of the city. The place is an amalgamation of different kinds of cultures and thus more and more people are visiting this place every year. Thus, there is a huge demand for homestays for comfortable and relaxing accommodation. There are many staying options, but maximum homestays in Pondicherry are situated near the Aurobindo Ashram.
What is the price range of homestays in Pondicherry?
Pondicherry has been attracting thousands of tourists from all parts of the world, throughout the years. Keeping this demand in mind, there is a large number of homestays for providing comfortable accommodation to the guests and travel enthusiasts. People needing relief from fast city life often book one of the many homestays available in Pondicherry, for a comfortable and memorable stay. A wide range of homestays is available in Pondicherry for travelers with varying budgets. Prices start from Rs 800 and can go to Rs 9900 per room.
What kind of amenities are available at homestays in Pondicherry?
Homestays in Pondicherry are the pinnacle of the amazing local hospitality and comfort that one can get here. With a wide variety of homestays and their features, you will truly be spoilt for choice. The best amenities that you can get in the homestays here are these-
- Air conditioning
- Internet and Wifi
- Gardens, grounds and outdoor spaces
- Game and activities room
- Comfortable beds and hygienic living quarters
What facilities will I get in Pondicherry homestays?
Pondicherry has no lack of comfortable and relaxing homestays. All these homestays have designed their facilities and amenities in a way that the tourists have no excuse to complain. Some of them include luxurious staying options, great food, homemade food in some cases, efficient service from the staff, outdoor activities, a big lounge or a great swimming pool, safety and security, extra beds, etc. When the tourists are out on vacation, the least they expect is a home-like feeling, but on the contrary, most of the homestays in Pondicherry offer that.
Is it allow to drink and smoke in homestay?
The highlight of Pondicherry homestays is the kind of hospitality that you will get here and the homely feeling as you lay in the bed for the night. Having said that, most of the homeowners here would prefer that the visitors avoid smoking, drinking and consumption of any kind of intoxicants.
Can I make my own food in Homestays in Pondicherry?
Pondicherry is a paradise for the tourists, the homestays having almost every facility one can ask for. Some tourists prefer to have their food cooked by themselves, thus there are many homestays which allow the tourists to make their own food. They have a public kitchen which has every facility to cook meals.
What are the best homestays in Pondicherry for families?1. Ashrayam: The 3-bedroom homestay, Ashrayam is known to offer the maximum independence and privacy to its guests. The homestay features a furnished kitchen, a lush garden, and a spacious living room for a homely experience.2. La Maison Radha: Lying in White Town, the charming La Maison Radha is equipped with eight comfortable themed bedrooms. This lovely homestay offers amazing facilities including cooking classes, yoga, Ayurvedic massage, and vehicle on rent.3. Gratitude Heritage: Manifesting a French colonial architectural style, Gratitude Heritage is known for its impressive interiors. This elegant homestay offers yoga sessions, in-house massage, and free wifi to its guests.4. Pooni Illam Homestay: Pooni Illam Homestay is a very budget-friendly accommodation facility that is well-equipped with modern amenities including a fitness center and vehicles on rent. The homestay offers spacious twin rooms and budget double rooms, which are perfect for families.
Is it safe for couples to stay in homestays in Pondicherry?
The entire concept of the homestays of Pondicherry is to make the visitors comfortable even when they are so far away from their homes. Still a number of people keep inhibitions while others are always ready to be open minded about certain situations. So it all depends on the kind of stay that one is choosing and the kind of inclusions and restrictions that the homeowner has in the rules and regulations of the place.
What is the average cost of homestays in Pondicherry?
There is a wide variety of prices available in homestays at Pondicherry, most of which majorly depends on the locations and kind of amenities that a place has on offer. With that being said, the average cost for a homestay here for a visitor would be in between INR 3300/- and 4000/-
When is the best time to visit Pondicherry for a vacation?
Pondicherry in the Coromandel coast of India is a favorite beach location in the Southern India. With tourists pouring in every year for enjoying the scenic charm and the air of spirituality alongside water sports and stay experiences like Pondicherry homestays, the best time to visit this union territory of India is in the winters in the months of November to March.
What all things I must carry while travelling to Pondicherry?
Traveling anywhere means to go in with a full preparation. When you are visiting for an experience of the authentic here and staying in of the Pondicherry Homestays, these are the things that you should make a point of carrying with you-
- Backpack with broad straps
- Hats, Sunglasses and Strong Sun Blocks
- Pocket knives, preferably a Swiss army knife
- Locks and keys for your duffel bags
- Torches with spare batteries for your evening strolls
- Medical kits and First Aids
- Medical and travel insurance
- Water Bottle
- Good footwear and suitable clothing
- Extra Cash
- Id Proof
What places can we see in Pondicherry?
Pondicherry as a destination is pretty famous amongst many for being aesthetically gifted and as a spiritual hotspot. With a wide variety in the places that one can see here, here are some of the names that you should definitely visit while on your next trip here
- Pondicherry beach
- Shri Aurobindo Ashram
- Rock beach
- Raj Niwas
- Pondicherry Botanical Gardens
- French War Memorial
- Promenade or the Goubert Avenue
- Aayi Mandapam
- Ousteri lake
- Chunnambar Boathouse
- Serenity Beach
What can I do in Pondicherry?
Pondicherry is known for the ample things one can enjoy here. Other than being known as the French Riviera of the East, Pondicherry is also famous for offering tourists an exciting and thrilling experience. The tourists can book for a cycling tour along the beautiful beaches that are famous all over the world. They can also book for a variety of water sports or go for a laid-back session of yoga and meditation. Pondicherry is one of the best scuba diving destinations of the country, conducted under the guidance of expert PADI certified divers.