Uttarakhand HomestaysThe White Peaks, La Villa Bethany, Sitla Estate, The Homestead, The Lilac Cottage, Himalayan Homestay, Samskara and Samsara Homestays, Smatacek’s colonial homestay, Pahadi House and many more.
From dak bungalows to serene village homes and writer’s retreats, the homestays in Uttarakhand let you savor the taste of mountain life. For instance if you come to Auli then a beautiful cottage amidst apple and apricot trees can be your homely abode for a few days. But, if you desire a retreat from the madding stress of your city life then the wood and mud Pahadi homestay at Chamba can be your true calling.
Most Uttarakhand homestays are replete with airy outdoors, warm wooden interiors offer stunning vistas. The Lake House by the Naukuchiatal Lake for instance is a soul-soothing and heart-warming space, offering tranquil sojourns in the bosom of the mountains. From the humble accommodation offered by cheap homestays in Uttarakhand like the Pahadi House, to the opulent and luxurious lodgings offered by the White Peaks or Lilac Cottage- Uttarakhand caters to both lavish and budgeted travelers.
The best part about some of the home stays here is that you can bring your furry friends along. For instance, the Brigadier’s Cottage and Bhimtal’s Emerald Trail let your pets have a gala time too. Thus, for a fun-filled vacation book your stays in any of the homestays and be mesmerized by an array of facilities, hiking, trekking, and outdoor sports activities.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Uttarakhand
What are the best homestays in Uttarakhand?
1. The White Peaks: In the serene village of Gagar, this quaint cottage of The White Peaks surrounded by the majestic oak trees gives you a feeling of comfortable stay in the woods. This homestay is pet-friendly which means that you can bring along your furry friend and wake up every morning with the fresh scent of the morning air. The accommodation is a perfect nature homestay where you can come face to face with nature and stay in oz, intimate rooms that exude subtle elegance. You will have a gala time in the shared lounge of the cottage and when you are bored a walk up a windy, sun-dappled road will be your leisure moment.
Location: Mukta Niwas, Gagar 263132, India
Price: INR 5000 onwards per night
2. La Villa Bethany: If you are a mountain person then you need to come to Mussorie’s Landour and stay at the English and cozy homestay of La Villa Bethany. This boutique property is just 4 kilometers away from the center of the city and lets you enjoy plush stays in beautifully done rooms from the colonial era. At this country home, you can give the city rush a pass, rejuvenate and relax to your heart’s content. For a hale and hearty time you can take a stroll in the woods, or simply sit with your doggo on the lap and gaze at the vistas. Your children can engage in a host of fun activities here and you can read books or listen to soothing music.
Location: Near Kellogg Memorial Church | Landour, Mussoorie 248179, India
Price: INR 5000 onwards per night
3. Sitla Estate: If ancient quaint places excite you more than anything in this world then you must head to the Sitla Estate in Mukteshwar to stay in a 150-year old house that promises you an enthralling stay. The cozy ambiance of the property will impress you beyond measure as you get to read lovely books. All the rooms overlooking Uttarakhand’s beautiful landscapes excite you and a warm kitchen fills your tummy with all the delicious food and Kumaoni cuisine. To take your experience several notches higher you can take a walk through the lush green orchards.
Location: Vikram Malra, Mukteshwar 263138, India
Price: INR 7000 onwards per night
4. The Homestead: Surrounded by the Himalayas on all sides, the Homestead is one of the most beautiful homestays, away from city din. A hospitable couple manages the homestay and makes you feel at home. The place’s natural beauty is enough to take your breath away with the fruit orchards barricading the place and a marine blue pool by the side. In the quiet vicinity lies the National Park of Jim Corbett besides the property is quite close to Nainital as well. This modern homestay lets you bring along your pets, enjoy a fun session in the game room, or enjoy relaxing massages.
Location: Pirumadara Ramnagar, Jim Corbett National Park, India
Price: INR 6000 onwards per night
5. The Lilac Cottage: Nestled away from the commotion of the city, this luxurious retreat of the Lilac Cottage has the comfiest bedrooms and is built around Nepal King’s Palace. You can access the cottage by traversing just 15 minutes from the city center. The place has a snooker table where you can enjoy a game or two besides cricket and football. This homestay has a mess that serves delicious home-cooked food and is a haven for families.
Location: Cottage Number 6B Kamal Cottages Jharipani, Barlow Ganj, Mussoorie
Price: INR 3000 onwards per night
6. Himalayan Homestay: If you desire a peaceful and comfy stay in the mountains, then the Himalayan homestay is the place to be at. This affordable homestay is the ideal guest house for frequent travelers and has all the basic facilities like a clean washroom and double bed. If you have always dreamt of undertaking multiple treks from Uttarakhand then you must book your stays with the Himlayan homestay in the Sankri Village. There is a kitchen in the homestay that you can use for cooking a wide spread of vegetarian dishes.
Location: Sankri – Taluka Road, Uttarkashi 249193, India
Price: INR 2500 onwards per night
7. Samskara and Samsara Homestays: If you are coming from Delhi then you cannot miss spending a whale of a time in Lansdowne. It is here that you can stay in the Samskara and Samsara homestay that has hygienic, fresh and cozy rooms for your relaxation. Nestled in the panoramic green valley, this homestay offers mesmerizing sunset and sunrise views. For a fulfilling experience one can also enjoy the sights of fruit trees and several organic farms in the area. For those travelers that have a shoestring budget can come stay in the Samskara and Samsara homestays by booking hostel beds at an affordable rate.
Location: Gounu Village | Near Deriyakha, Lansdowne 246155, India
Price: INR 1800 onwards per night
8. Smatacek’s Colonial Homestay: Nestled among the foothills of Himalayas in the district of Kumaon Lake, the Smatacek’s colonial homestay is a 19th-century colonial bungalow. This place will impress you with its old-style colonial fashion rooms that exude a refreshing old world charm. If you intend to spend relaxing weekends then this is the place to be at because this location is ideal for everyone from entomologists to writers, artists, travelers and birdwatchers. The owner, also known as Paddy, is the proud owner of three dogs, who will entertain you with wonderful stories besides a delicious home-cooked meal, to go with them.
Location: Jones Estate, Bhimtal, Uttarakhand 263136
Price: INR 5800 onwards per night
9. Pahadi House: To soak in the tranquility and calmness of the secluded hill station of Kanatal, you must come and stay at the Pahadi house. This homestay excellently blends a Pahadi hamlet’s rustic charm with serenity and the modern lifestyle. During your stay you can become an intrinsic part of the Pahadi traditions, culture and pervade Uttarakhand’s hills. This pet-friendly accommodation facility lets you try first-hand experience at living in the mountains like a native as you get to stay in real village homes. Each cottage is well-appointed with an attached washroom that has hot-water geysers, a functional kitchen and individual lockers for safety. At the Pahadi House, you can pluck fruits from the trees and have them directly, pluck organic veggies and also set out to explore a village nearby.
Location: Kanatal, District: Tehri, Dhanaulti-Chamba Road, Uttarakhand, India
Price: INR 4000 onwards per night
10. XRA Cottage: If you want to detach from the rest of the world and be all by yourself then XRA cottage in Joshimath’s Auli is the place to stay at. This cottage nestled in the lap of the majestic mountains lets you immerse yourself in silence and bliss. You can sip your hot cuppa of coffee forgetting about the world and enjoy the snowy winters. Away from the city’s hustle and bustle you spend warm moments in the peaceful surroundings of Auli.
Location: Lower Auli, Near TV Tower, Joshimath, Auli 246443 India
Price: INR 3000 onwards per night
11. Innisfree Forest Estate, Nathuakhan: If you are a writer, an artist or a person who loves tripping then the Innisfree Forest Estate at Nathuakhan is the place to be at, at least once in a lifetime. This house feels paradise for those that seek solace and solitude and desire to escape the noise for some time. What makes this homestay worth staying is not just one thing but many. That is because you get to taste scrumptious Indian food, and soak in the beauty of the breathtaking vistas, unforgettable sunsets and sunrises.
Location: Nathuakhan, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India
12. Jilling Terraces: Set in 100 acres of virgin forest, the 80-year old house in Himalayas’ South Gola lies the Jilling Terraces homestay. Here you get to stay in soundproof rooms that have a sun terrace where from you can catch stunning views of the Nanda Devi. The two large suites of the warm stay have double beds and also house a side room for spending some me time. You can get your pets along besides there are ample activities arranged for the kids to have fun.
Location: Bhatelia - Dhanachuli - Bhimtal Road near Padampuri Village, Nainital 263136 India
Price: INR 5192 onwards per night
13. Kuflon Basics: Situated above the Assi Ganga River and on the jungle’s edge, this homestay can be your lovely getaway. You can enjoy a lot of peace and quiet here besides staying in spacious rooms with balconies overlooking the site. There are tents too for the adventurous travelers but all of them are well-furnished with cane chairs, a writing table and twin beds. There may not be any room service but an elaborate spread of Garhwali delicacies grown from fresh veggies and grains, make this homestay an absolute favorite among visitors.
Location: Village Kuflon, Sangamchatti Road, P.O, Kalyani, Uttarakhand 249193
Price: INR 4000 onwards per night
14. Dak Bungalow Peora: This Dak Bungalow was built in the year 1905 and then the English used it as an inspection bungalow. But, after many years of having stayed dilapidated, two people in 2005 leased it and are now the homestay’s hosts. Since this time, guests have been coming here and today it is one of the popular resting places. When here, you can try the malta fruit during winters, besides pears, apples, peaches and apricots in summers. The feeling of drinking water from a nearby spring feels heavenly and you can savor delicious vegetarian meals prepared in the kitchenette.
Location: North Gola Range, Peora, Uttarakhand 263138
Price: INR 2500 onwards per night
15. Keanna Village Home: Untouched by the decadence and distractions of modern-day life, the Keanna Village Home is a family-run cottage that is nestled amidst forests and orchards. You get to stay in a suite that has sun-room along with a bedroom, well-equipped with queen-size beds. Each of the suites has a distinct décor, character and all of them have been hand-crafted for your ultimate comfort. At this homestay, you can enjoy the serene outdoors with long strolls in the hills or treks to the river, or simply soak up some sun with a movie or book by your side.
Location: Nathuakhan 263158 India
Price: INR 2000 onwards per night
16. Itmenaan Estate: If you have ever dreamt of a fairytale getaway amidst acres and acres of orchards and farmlands then Itmenaan estate is the homestay to be at. Situated in Uttarakhand’s Kumaon Himalayas this accommodation is a 100-year stone house that has been recently refurbished to a high class of comfort and luxury. This painstakingly restored Kumaoni house lets you stay in beautifully designed suites and spend days in the lap of luxury. You can while away your time staring at the night sky, painting, reading or writing. The best part of staying here is that you can partake in bee-keeping, gardening and invigorating farming activities.
Location: Itmenaan Estate, Village Naugaon, Tehsil, Bhanoli, Uttarakhand 263623
Price: INR 7028 onwards per night
Which are the best budget homestays in Uttarakhand?
1. Samskara and Samsara: One of the most stunning homestays in Uttarakhand has to be the Samskara and Samsara homestay where you get to stay in a gorgeous valley, and make the most of splendid sunset and sunrise views. You simply cannot miss enjoying the sights of organic fruit trees and farms here. The accommodation facility is a boon for solo trippers and those traveling on a shoestring budget as the hostel beds are available at a stellar price.
2. ZeroStay: Perched on the hill steps in Kanatal, ZeroStay is one of the most beautiful homestays in Uttarakhand where you get to live in a farm and rustic cottages. There is a cook and a kitchen available in the property to rustle up fabulous food for you.
3. Himalayan Homestay: One of the most popular family homestays in Uttarakhand has to be the Himalayan homestay as you get to live in a wooden house together and explore the surrounding nature. You can indulge in organic farming here or partake in skiing and trekking expeditions arranged by the homestay.
4. Mahadeva Village Homestay: One of the most humble homestays in Uttarakhand has to be the Mahadeva village homestay in Ranikhet’s Pakhura. This pastoral homestay in the mountains lets you enjoy the sights of a busy cowshed and gorge on exotic almonds and fruits. A water tank doubling up as a pool during the summers adds to the homestay’s rustic charm.
Which are the best homestays in Rishikesh?
1. Eco yoga habitat: If nature is your true calling then nothing beats living amidst it at the Rishikesh valley where age-old Himalayan forests surround the Eco Yoga habitat. You can enjoy relaxing massages here, go trekking, rafting and sleep on double beds with freshly laid linen. The soft lighting, and mosquito nets make your stay fuss-free.
2. Yoga Villa: Located very close to the Ganges and in a quiet village, the Yoga Villa is a haven for peace and nature lovers. During your stay here you will enjoy yoga classes in the yoga studio besides stay in spick-n-span rooms.
3. Tapovan’s Cozy Cottage: Speak of a dreamy vacation and nothing gets better than a sojourn in a 1-BHK surrounded by nature on all sides. This beautiful cottage has a living room, private garden, and a large balcony to enjoy the views of the mountains and sunsets.
4. Raj Niketan: A homely guest house surrounded by verdant hills is what everyone dreams of. Raj Niketan is exactly that particular place where inspiring landscape and cool breeze instill fresh energy in you. There is a kitchen where you can cook your own food, a yoga hall for yoga seshes and so much more.
Which are the best homestays in Uttarakhand with views?
1. Corbett country Homestead: Located close to the Corbett National Park, the Homestead at Corbett County is one of the lovingly developed homestays in Uttarakhand that is more like a luxurious oasis complete with a pool and rejuvenating spa. You get the best of both worlds as you enjoy both a homely feel and a wildlife getaway.
2. Kuflon Basics: A hidden gem located in the hamlet of Kuflon at Uttarkashi, Kuflon Basics is the finest village homestay in Uttarakhand that soothes with you everything from beautiful bird calls, lush greenery of the mountains and nature galore.
3. Kamla Pandey’s House: The Sarmoli homestays are a success story of rural development. Located in the quaint Sarmoli hamlet, the Kamla Pandey’s house is a home turned into a village homestay in Uttarakhand. You can enjoy a comfy sojourn in the lap of the hills besides engaging in some birdwatching.
4. Itmenaan Estate: If you are visiting Binsar in Uttarakhand then you cannot miss one of the famous hill forest Uttarakhand Homestays. Itmenaan Estate will be your ideal accommodation where you get to live in a 100-year old Kumaoni house and give into the authentic experience of a Kumaoni lifestyle.
What is the price range of homestays in Uttarakhand?
The price range of Uttarakhand Homestays can be anywhere between INR 1200 – INR 7000. For instance a quiet hideaway in Rishikesh will cost you around INR 1200 per night while a stay in The Homestead can cost you around INR 7000 per night.
What kind of amenities do Uttarakhand homestays provide?
The Uttarakhand homestays provide the following amenities:
- Rooms with a terrace
- Free Wi-Fi
- A shared lounge
- Free private parking
- A patio
- Double beds with fresh linens
- Outdoor cocktail brunches
How to reach Uttarakhand?
By Air: Uttarakhand does not have any domestic airport but you can reach the Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun via a non-stop flight from any of the metros and further commute. You can also board a flight to reach the Pantnagar Airport in the Kumaon region to reach Uttarakhand.
By Train: There are 15 big and small railway stations in Uttarakhand. You can board any major train like Jana Satabdi, Doon Express, Nanda Devi Express or Jana Satabdi Express and reach Uttarakhand.
By Road: The road is the most convenient transportation mode for Uttarakhand as all of the national highways of 72 A, NH121, NH 121, 123, 109 and 108 are well connected with the state. There are about 1000 buses that operate daily thus you can hop on any one of them or a taxi and enjoy a buoyant road journey.
What is the best time to visit Uttarakhand?
Though the state has wonderful weather all the year round yet March-April and September-October are considered the best times to visit Uttarakhand. That is because the mélange of pleasant weather and awe-inspiring beauty make these times the best times for a visit.
In the local language, Lal Tibba means the Red Hill. This is said to be the oldest and the most populated place in Mussoorie. The place is known for its scenic beauty courtesy the pleasant sunrise and sunset that leave the visitors spell bound. Do carry woolens irrespective of the month of the visit. Location: It is situated in the Landour area and lies at an altitude of 8000 metre above the sea level. Highlights: Lal Tibba is even famous as the Depot Hill because of the presence of a depot here. Besides this there is camp of the Indian Military services, All India Radio and Doordarshan. Hills of the Lal Tibba are also popular amongst the shoppers as there are a number of markets in the nearby areas. Best Time: The best and the most ideal time to visit Lal Tibba is the summer months of March and June. Avoid travel during the monsoon months as there maybe leeches here.
Chopta Tungnath trek is a relatively unexplored trekking destination, which is known for its mesmerizing scenic beauty. The trek towards Tungnath, the 3 from Tungnath takes you to Chandrashila, which is situated at an altitude of 4,000 meters above sea level.Chopta is blessed with rich flora and fauna as it is located in the midst of dense forests, with a beautiful floor of rhododendrons, interspersed by deodar and pine trees. During the first one and half kilometers, you will pass through a sea of brightly coloured rhododendrons and silver oak forests. Following this the vista opens to green alpine meadows which take you to the Tungnath temple.According to folklore, the arms of Lord Shiva are believed to have emerged here. On trekking a kilometer further ahead, you will reach the Chandrashila peak from where you get spectacular views of the snow capped peaks of the Himalayas glistening in the sun rays. The grassy meadows of the region make it an ideal spot for camping too.Chopta is well-connected by roadways connecting Guptakashi and Gopeshwar. The weather is lovely and the views are simply breathtaking.Best season: May to June and August to SeptemberDuration: 3 DaysAltitude: 3680 m
One of the most well-known treks near Delhi, the Nag Tibba peak stands in the Tehri Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. This trek over the weekend is witnessing growing footfalls, and offers splendid views of the Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Gangotri and Kedarnath mountain peaks en route. What makes this an ideal first trek are the relatively easy routes etched along the mountain. Thick Deodar forests blanket the hill, and the best seasons to visit are between February and June, and September to December. The Nag Tibba trek route is circular in nature, and the differing starting and ending points ensure that there is no overlap at any point. The lush meadows hide patches behind them that act as serene camping sites. Distance from Delhi: 347.4 Kilometers approximatelyNearest Railhead:Dehradun Railway Station