Avail the Varkala Tour Packages to experience a visit to a captivating town, known for its beautiful beaches surrounded by mountains and rocky cliffs. Grab an exciting package from Thrillophilia and take advantage of the discounts on offer. These packages have been tailor-made to ensure you enjoy your vacation and come back with wonderful memories. You will find this town apt for unwinding, simply relaxing, enjoying the picturesque beauty of the surroundings.Although Varkala is specially known for its stunning beaches, there are also several interesting places of attractions which can be a part of your tour package, You can include places such as 2000-year-old temple, a 17th-century fort, an 18th-century lighthouse, and more. Whether you are travelling solo, as a couple or along with your family, you will find our tour packages to be as per your preferences.Moreover, there are different packages available based on the number of days you wish to take for your vacation. You can avail of a full day package or those which are for a few days.
The best thing about booking Varkala Holiday Packages from Thrillophilia is that you get excellent offers and discounts from time to time making your tour budget-friendly. From sightseeing to accommodation, food and transportation, we take care of everything under your specified budget during the tour. Varkala Tourist packages will help you explore this beautiful beach city in an elaborate and organized manner.
Those looking for some activities will also have several options on offer in their Varkala Packages. You can go for a hike on the cliffs or indulge in various water sports such as Jet skiing, banana boat ride, parasailing etc. Culture lovers will surely love to include a traditional dance show at the town’s cultural center in their tour package. The best thing about these packages is that since all the mundane necessities of the tour are taken care of by our experts, it leaves you free to enjoy your vacation and return back feeling rejuvenated and satisfied.
People Also Ask About Varkala Tours
Which are the best places to visit on Varkala Tour?
1. Varkala Beach: Every Varkala Tour Packages will surely include a visit to one of the star attractions of the town, Varkala Beach. This beautiful sandy stretch, located about 10 km away from the calm and quiet hamlet of Varkala is renowned for its solitude. You may opt to simply lie on the beach and admire the breathtaking view of the Arabian Sea against the rocky cliffs or take a dip in the natural spring, known for its medicinal values and also said to cleanse the body of impurities and sins. This is the reason why the beach is also known as Papanasam Beach meaning 'Destroyer of Sins'. Take a serene walk along the beach and enjoy the view of the sunset at dusk. Treat yourself to mouthwatering seafood at nearby eateries.
2. Anjengo Fort: Located 12 km from Varkala is the 17th-century fort Anjengo Fort, which is presently protected by the National Heritage monuments. Include this fort in your Varkala Packages, and visit an important historical site that is a testament to the first British settlement in India. Admire the architectural design of the fort and look out for the cemetery in the fort shelters where the deceased occupants of the fort have been buried. The popular Muthalapozhi Lake located adds to the beauty of the place.
3. Janardana Swami Temple: Pray to Lord Vishnu at the 2000 years old Janardana Swami Temple, still standing strong in Varkala. One of the most popular places to visit, this temple is a must-include in all Varkala Tour Packages. Visit the temple located on a hill along the road to Varkala Beach, often referred to as the Varanasi of the South. Witness the banyan tree standing adorned with idols on the grounds of this Varkala temple.
4. Kilimanoor Palace: Explore the Kilimanoor palace, known for its historical and cultural significance. This palace, which is spread over 15 hectares of land, houses the studio where the renowned painter Raja Ravi Varma spent time creating magnificent pieces of art. Stroll inside the palace to take a look at his paintings and artworks. The palace is also well-known for being an architectural marvel with its traditional Kerala style buildings, ponds, wells and sacred groves.
5. Kappil Beach: Another scenic place that demands inclusion in all Varkala Tour Packages is the Kappil Beach where Kappil Lake meets the Arabian Sea. The lake is located right across the beach with only a metal road separating the two. Spend some time on this small picturesque rocky beach where palm trees have created a captivating view. Relax on the beach while gazing at the glittering waters of the Arabian sea. Take a walk on the golden sand of the beach and dip your toes in the pristine waters of the sea while enjoying a beautiful sunset.
6. Varkala Cliff: Varkala is known for its beautiful cliffs and a visit to those is a must. Enjoy walking on the paved footpath along the long, winding stretch of cliffs lined by tall and beautiful coconut trees on both sides. Take a break to buy a bunch of knick-knacks from the handicraft shops or to grab a bite at the roadside eateries. If you wish to reach Varkala beach, you can just climb down the steps from the top of the cliff.
7. Sivagiri Mutt: A must include in your Varkala Tour Packages is Sivagiri Mutt, a place of pilgrimage for those following 'One Caste, One Religion, One God'. This is the place where a leader of the Ezhava community, Sri Narayana Guru’s samadhi(resting place) lies.
Which are the things to do on Varkala Tour?
1. Be Thrilled at Water Sports: Varkala has several water sport options available for your enjoyment being the only place in the entire South India where the sea is accompanied by the towering mountains and rocky cliffs that makes it perfect for some really enjoyable activities. You can include activities such as parasailing, jet skiing or banana boat ride in your Varkala Packages to experience a taste of adventure.
2. Explore Varkala Culture Center: Feel enthralled witnessing both traditional as well as modern culture while exploring Varkala. At Varkala Cultural Center, you will discover the traditional art forms that represent the history of Kerala. Watch a Kathakali dance performance in the evening along with Kalaripayattu and feel enchanted. Also, look out for other noteworthy performances while visiting this center.
3. Go Bird Watching at Ponnumthuruthu Island: Bird watchers and nature enthusiasts will not like to miss visiting this island - proclaimed as one of the most beautiful islands of Kerala during their Varkala Packages. This uninhabited island has an area of about 5 hectares with turquoise waters and lakes, making it an ideal place for you to relax and reflect. The island will moreover enchant you when you catch sight of some exotic migratory and rare birds along with other wildlife.
4. Take time for the Fishes at Varkala Aquarium: If you are visiting with your family and kids, a visit to the Varkala aquarium must be on your agenda. Located between the Black beach and Odayam beach, the aquarium will mesmerize you with its collection of various species of colorful fish. Feel excited as you spot some beautiful ones such as angelfish, koi, scorpionfish, ready to fascinate you with their vibrant colours.
5. Visit Varkala Lighthouse: An Old-World Charm standing as proof of the 18th century by the British rulers is Varkala Lighthouse. Known to be one of the most prominent structures in the district, the lighthouse is a must include in your Varkala Tour Packages. Climb to the top of this structure to get a stunning bird’s eye view of the exquisite sights around the azure waters of the majestic Arabian sea.
6. Shop til you Drop: The winding streets of Varkala will delight every shopaholic as they will find every item being sold in the shops of the lanes. You may be looking for some funky jewelry, soaps, bamboo products, perfume or clothes, and you will find them all in this area. Those looking for some local items to be taken as souvenirs will surely feel happy buying Tibetan handmade products such as the flutes, Dorjee, and conches.
7. Treat your tastebuds with Local Cuisines: Your Varkala Tour Packages will remain incomplete if you do not opt to taste some of the delicious local food. If you are looking for a Kerala cuisine experience, you may head towards God’s own Country Kitchen where you will be served traditional Keralite cuisine wrapped in the banana leaf. If you prefer an international cuisine with some Varkala twists, you must visit Café Del Mar where they will serve you mouthwatering seafood with filter coffee.
8. Attend Yoga Classes: Include meditation and soul searching in your Varkala Tour Packages by visiting one of the studios and ashrams offering yoga classes. These classes are located in the midst of natural greenery, palm trees and offer classes in the open, pollution-free environment to provide a serene experience.
How many days are enough for Varkala?
If you want a quick tour, you can opt for a day-long Varkala Tour Packages from Trivandrum and enjoy visiting a few important landmarks. But if you want to explore the place really well, then any of the 3 days and 2 nights Varkala Packages are recommended. You may consider the itinerary below:
Day 1: Start your first day by visiting the beautiful beaches of the place such as Varkala beach, Kapil beach and Black beach. Explore the cliff area and the Lake next and finish the day with the breathtaking view of sunset at Odayam beach.
Day 2: You may opt to take a morning Yoga class and then head to Janardhana Swamy Temple. Post this, visit Golden Island, Anjengo Lighthouse, and Anjengo Fort. Relish the sunset at Varkala Beach and then relax with a good Ayurvedic massage.
Day 3: On day 3, go for a day trip to Jatayu’s Earth Center or Munroe Island.
How to reach Varkala?By Air: The nearest airport at Thiruvananthapuram, located around 45 km away, is well connected with over 40 international and national flights. You will get pre-paid taxis from the airport to Varkala.
By Train: There is a station at Varkala but all trains do not stop there. The main railway station is at Thiruvananthapuram, which is connected to all Indian cities. Take a hired cab to reach Varkala from the station.
By Road: You can also travel by bus from Thiruvananthapuram and get down at Attingal to catch a connecting bus to Varkala.
How much does it cost to visit Varkala?If you are travelling alone and wish to visit Varkala for 3 days, it would cost you around Rs11,000 for the trip. A couple trip to the town would cost around Rs.20,000 and a family trip of 4 people would cost around Rs.25,000. The average hotel cost will be around Rs.4000 per night for two people and you will be spending another Rs.1000 per day per person on transportation, sightseeing and food.
What is so special about Varkala?
What is special about Varkala is its breathtaking scenic beauty. Similar to Goa and Gokarna, Varkala has beautiful beaches with blue sea and waves lashing onshore and also touching the feet of towering red laterite cliffs. Because of its easy accessibility, Varkala is perfect for those looking for a quick weekend getaway. While beaches will give you the perfect option for relaxation along with various Ayurveda treatment centres, the adventurous ones will be delighted in the water sports on offer. Apart from beaches, the city will also offer you several places to visit as well. Do not forget to try out the enticing local seafood on offer at various restaurants.
Which is the best time to visit Varkala?The best season to visit Varkala is in the winter season during the months of October to March. During these months, the temperature remains pleasant and is apt for visiting the places of interest in the town.
Which is better, Kovalam or Varkala?
Varkala and Kovalam are both beaches in the Thiruvananthapuram district, each having its own beauty and charm. Kovalam is famous as a beachside holiday destination with an idyllic setting of golden beaches, blue sea and
the endless sight of coconut trees. Varkala is known for its Ayurveda treatment centres, the famous Janardana Swami Temple as well as its beaches and cliffs adjacent to the Arabian sea.
Varkala cliff is a famous beachfront which is a massive cluster of old times rock formations.Varkala is uprearing the popularity ladder with immense speed and has become a thriving place in the last couple of years. The laid-back town is situated around 40 kilometers from Thiruvananthapuram which is the capital city of the state of Kerala. Varkala cliff is now challenging the upbeat hippy destinations of India like Goa and Gokarna with its surging popularity.It features some colossal rock formations, hillsides, balmy beaches, hidden ruins and forts along with cloistered lighthouses and placid lakes. The unique feature of Varkala cliff is that it appears as a dramatic horizon that is merging with the Arabian sea. The cliffs are also named as the Varkala Formation by the Geological Survey of India. Formerly named as Udayamarthandapuram after the king of Travancore, a colossal development to the coastal stretch was made.Moreover, the presence of 2000 years old Janardhan Swami Temple near Varkala cliff often earns it the title of Southern Varanasi. Beaches like Papanasam, Varkala, Odayam are the most cherished among the sunbathers. You can also tour some marvelous architecture such as Anjengo fort and Janardhan Swami Temple nearby. The backwaters of Kappil beach and Ponnumthuruthu island have the ability to engross you completely. Kappil Pozhi or Kappil lake has a great setting to also enjoy boating.Varkala cliff is declared as a geo-heritage site in India due to the unique sediments that laid adjacent to the Arabian sea. It is one of a kind formation on the rather flat coastal plains of Kerala which magnetizes backpackers and pilgrims from around the world.This quaint pilgrimage town is also known for its ayurvedic spa centers. Arattu is a holy bath festival that goes on for ten-days mostly in the months of March and April. The ancient Janardhana Swamy temple serves as the celebrating ground for this festival. Words fall short to describe the beauty of Varkala, it is a place that leaves you speechless.
About 12 km south of Varkala is the lush, secluded island of Ponnumthuruthu perfect for a secluded trip. The gateway to the island is a 30-minute tour through the backwaters from Nedunganda. At Nedunganda, the starting point is peculiar — the jetty and the walkway to the ferry are made up of coconut husk, mud and the waste of choir.The star attractions include a 100 years old Shiva Parvathi temple. The temple is situated amidst a thick coconut grove and gets decked up in lights during Sivarathri. The choir village on the other side can be visited by tourists. The majestic vistas of the ferry ride include husks waving through the backwaters and the greenery of land coming alive with fresh warm rays of the sun. With a plethora of flora and fauna, especially waterbirds and land birds like cormorants, egrets, and herons, the island is an enchanting delight for birdwatchers.Location: Ponnumthuruthu Island, Onnampalam Rd, Nedungada, Vettoor-cherunniyoor, Kerala 695312Timings: 5:30 am to 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
Built by the Portuguese Missionaries, Saint Sebastian's Pilgrim Church Mongode is one of the religious places to visit in Varkala. Found on the banks of the backwaters of Varkala, with the dreamy ambience and serene location, this pilgrim centre for Christians is known for the procession of Saint Sebastian. The feast like procession is held every year in February.The church dresses up as colourful delight attracting bustling followers and visitors, also during Easter, Christmas and New year. The church feast is heavily visited by people of surrounding areas and hosted as a festival with attractions such as by boating, games, stage shows like dance, drama, magic.Location: Theresa Ln, Moongode P.O, Varkala, Kerala 695144.Timings: 6 am to 7 pm