1. Rajgarh Fort Trek: Elevated at 1300 metres, the fort is commonly known as the royal fort. This trek is popular among adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers. The most common time for trekkers to pick trekking tours in Mahabaleshwar for this destination is at the end of the monsoon season.
This trek has been classified as somewhat difficult for trekkers. This is why it is recommended that only experienced trekkers opt for this one. The route from Pali is considered to be the easier one for trekkers.
Location: Poladpur Mahabaleshwar Road, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806
Price: Starts at INR 1200
Timings: 6 AM to 6 PM
2. Tikona Fort Trek: Regarded as one of the most beautiful and attractive treks in Maharashtra based on the natural features of the location, the Tikona Fort trek serves as the centre of many tourist activities. The architecture of the fort is a marvel to witness and provides a splendid number viewing experience for the visitors.
The majestic entrance of the fort is one of the most enticing features here. At the top of the trek, one can also witness a view of the Pawana Dam and the valley which lies beyond. Among other options for trekking in Mahabaleshwar, you will enjoy the exciting visit to the Tikona Fort.
Location: Tikona, Tikonapeth tal, dist, Mulshi, Maharashtra 412108
Price: Starts at INR 1400
Timings: 5 AM to 5 PM
3. Korigad Fort Trek: The historic fort, which is located at a height of almost 900 meters above sea level, attracts many people to its pleasing landscape features and natural beauty. The limited elevation of this location makes this trek convenient to be visited by people of all ages.
The trekking route is fairly easy to embark upon and complete. There are two routes that you can pick as per your choice, Peth Shahpur and Ambavane village. The experience on both routes is a promising one and gives you the right feel of rush to enjoy the trek.
Location: Aamby Valley City, Maharashtra 412108
Price: starts at INR 1600
Timings: Open 24 hours
4. Rajmachi Trek: This small and peaceful location can be found in the Sahyadri mountains and is quite popular with trekkers. You will find a plethora of landscape features while you are here, all of which will steal your gaze and enchant your memories.
The route to the base camp arrives via Khandala and Kuehne Gaon. The trek is quite easy and can also be done at night time. The location of the Rajmachi Fort is of historical reverence and attracts tourists in large numbers throughout the year.
Location: Udhewadi, Maharashtra
Price: starts at INR 1500
Timings: 5 AM to 5 PM
Planning a Getaway to To Mahabaleshwar, Checkout Our Mahabaleshwar Tour Packages Now!
Winter: The most ideal time to visit the place is between the months of December to February. During this time, the temperature soars only as high as 24 degrees, which gives you the perfect weather to enjoy the surroundings in Mahabaleshwar and indulge in activities like rope climbing and trekking in the mountains.
Summer: The summer months between March and June experience quite high temperatures which can touch 35 degrees. As such, this is a good time for family trips for Mahabaleshwar trekking. You can experience loads of outdoor fun activities to do during this time.
Monsoon: The months of July to September experience moderate to heavy rainfall, which restricts outdoor activities and trekking in Mahabaleshwar but makes the surrounding scenery beautiful to look at.
Mahabaleshwar is a hill town, located 130 km from Pune city. Tourists can arrive from various modes of transport, from Pune or Mumbai.
-By bus: Opt for a Volvo bus from Pune or Mumbai which departs from Sion, Vashi or Dadar East. The ride will take less than 6 hours and cost you under Rs 1500.
-By Train: If you are arriving by train from Mumbai or Pune, step off at Satara which is almost 47 km away from Mahabaleshwar.
-By Flight: The nearest airport from Mahabaleshwar is in Pune, from where you can take a cab or bus to reach the hill station.
Mahabaleshwar is famous for iconic tourist spots like Elephant’s head point, Chinaman’s Falls, Arthur’s seat, Wilson point and Panchgani. These are some of the best places in this quaint little town, which you must visit to complete your journey to this place. The most famous items that comes from Mahabaleshwar are strawberries. When you visit the hill station, you will find scores of farming in strawberries.
The bounty of the produce happens at such a large scale that during the harvest season, farmers practically welcome travellers to their fields and offer their produce for picking and eating, absolutely free! As per statistics, almost 85% of the total strawberries produced in India, come from Mahabaleshwar. Besides this, the hilly town is also famous for its production of mulberries and carrots. Another popular but less common item here is corn, which forms a part of many delicacies which are served here.
When you go for trekking in Mahabaleshwar, make sure that you are equipped with the following items:
- Warm clothing during the winter season
- Raincoat, umbrella and jacket during the rainy season
- Sports shoes, goggles, paper soaps, mosquito repellents
- First aid kit, camping gear, medicines
- Required digital appliances with their chargers, cash and credit cards
- A garbage bag to collect your trash like empty packets, tin bottles, water bottles and more
- Torch, candles and matchboxes
- Binoculars and camera
- Maps and area information like guide books
Preparing For A Trip To Lonavala, Then Checkout Our Best Selling Lonavala Tour Packages Now!
As such, there is no strict rule regarding the type of clothes that you wear on your hike. The treks in Mahabaleshwar are not quite as rough and challenging as the usual treks, which is why you will need only the basic boots and gear to ensure your comfort while trekking.
Moreover, you can dress in the ideal clothes, such as track pants, shorts, t-shirts and hoodies while trekking. Your clothes should be comfortable, well fitted and preferably, moisture-wicking. This will help you stay clear of sweat and discomfort while you climb along the hike and explore the place.
If you are in the mood to enjoy trekking in Mahabaleshwar, you should visit the hill station without any worries. Since it is a renowned tourist spot where thousands of travellers arrive each year, you will not find any reason to question your security or safety during your stay at the destination or while enjoying trekking activity. Usually, your tour will include a trek to the closest trail near your hotel and you will receive guidance from the hotel staff and tour operators. This will help you prepare for the trek and stay safe while you explore the hill station.