Adventure Activities in MahabaleshwarClick plenty of pictures, make thousands of memories and have a fulfilling holiday with the best of adventure in Mahabaleshwar. The naturally replete hill-station in the Maharashtra Western Ghats is also a hub for many thrilling activities and events that can please people of all ages and all thrill types. Ranging from campsites, lakes that offer water-sports, adventure parks and more, the adventure things in Mahabaleshwar are many.
Besides these, there are still other adventure activities in Mahabaleshwar like trekking in Tapola and Pratapgarh Fort, water-rappelling at the picturesque waterfalls, paragliding while getting the best views of the valley, horse-riding and much more that attracts large crowds of adventure-loving travelers to Mahabaleshwar. And if you are someone who has always wanted to camp under the starry sky or climb rocks and mountains, then you should check-out our list of the best activities available in Mahabaleshwar.
People Also Ask About Adventure in Mahabaleshwar
What are the best adventure things to do in Mahabaleshwar?
Here is a list of some of the best adventure things to do in Mahabaleshwar:
1. Rock-Climbing: Velocity Entertainmentz amusement park is one place that organizes this thrilling activity in Mahabaleshwar. Right from practicing on a mock wall for beginners to actual outdoor locations with rocky formations to conquer, you can get a complete experience. Moreover, this entire adventure is done under controlled supervision with adequate gear and equipment for maximum safety.
Timing: 9:00 am to 11:00 pm.
Price: INR 50 to 600 (depending on the activity).
2. Trekking: This is one of the most popular adventure activities in Mahabaleshwar for a truly wonderful holiday in the hills. Mahabaleshwar being located at a high altitude provides us with many beautiful terrains that are ideal for an adventurous trudge. Places like the Pratapgarh Fort, Arthur's Seat, Tapola and more are the best suited spots that are frequently visited by tourists.
Location: Mahabaleshwar - Panchgani.
Price: Starts from INR 450.
3. Horse-Riding: Another one of the more well-known adventure activities in Mahabaleshwar is horse-riding. You and your loved ones can get to learn, ride and pet the majestic horses on your vacation for an amusing juncture.
This activity is made available at a few sites like near Venna Lake and Table-Top, in a wide open arena. You can choose between different durations and distance to cover and an expert will assist you throughout the ride for safety purposes.
Timing: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Price: INR 50 - 300 (depending on distance and duration).
4. Paragliding: Soar high in the sky while witnessing bird's-eye view of the beautiful and verdant Valley underneath. This is one adventure in Mahabaleshwar that will quench the thirst of the adventure-loving souls to the fullest. Although, this activity primarily depends on clear skies and good weather conditions. Besides this, you can also try the variables to this activity - solo jump and tandem jump.
Location: Tapola, Panchgani.
Timing: 8:00 am onwards.
Price: Starts from INR 2000.
5. Camping: This adventure in Mahabaleshwar is a great opportunity for you to spend some time amid natural surroundings and appreciate the lush foliage and beauty of the Western Ghats.
There are many locations and campsites that offer an authentic experience while keeping your comfort in mind. The best sites to enjoy camping in Mahabaleshwar are - Tapola, near Arthur's Seat, Pratapgarh Fort etc.
Price: Starts from INR 1000.
Planning A Getaway To Mahabaleshwar, Checkout Our Mahabaleshwar Packages Now!
Which are the best adventure amusement parks in Mahabaleshwar?
These are the best adventure amusement parks in Mahabaleshwar:
1. On Wheelz Mahabaleshwar: This is one of the best amusement parks to enjoy adventure things in Mahabaleshwar. Ideally for the younger audience, the park houses many fun rides including an old-school ferris-wheel. Along with that, there are also a few activities and rides that will amuse the adults visiting the park. Some of the most popular rides to try out are - Baby Train, Tsunami, Octopus, Free-fall, Zyclone and others.
Location: Survey No.7,Near Sanjeevan School, Taighat, Panchgani, Maharashtra 412805.
Timing: Weekdays – 10:00 am to 7:00 pm | Weekends – 10:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Price: Package for kids – INR 350 (unlimited rides) | Package for adults – INR 450 (unlimited rides).
Entry only– INR 50 per person | Charges for individual rides – INR 50 per ride.
2. Velocity Entertainmentz: This is among the most popular places to enjoy adventure activities in Mahabaleshwar. The theme park is primarily focused on providing adrenaline-filled experiences with a range of activities including rock-climbing, zip-lining, zorbing, go-karting and more. Moreover, this park is spread over 10 acres of land and has many amusing rides and a in-house restaurant as well.
Location: Village Bhose, Panchgani, Mahabaleshwar Road, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412805.
Timing: 9:00 am to 11:00 pm.
Price: INR 50 to 600 (varies from ride to ride).
3. Sherbaug Theme Park and Resort: This park and resort is built on a Heritage property that was once a Colonial bungalow. This place is among the most beautiful and relaxing attractions in Mahabaleshwar which have manicured gardens, waterfalls, a horror-house, many rides among other facilities that will make your vacation memorable.
Location: Wai-Panchgani Road, Dhandeghar, Panchgani, Maharashtra 412805.
Timing: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Price: INR 300 and above.
4. Three Star Amusement Park: Spend your leisure day in Mahabaleshwar by planning a visit to this adventure park in Mahabaleshwar. There are a wide range of rides and activities such as - bumper cars, bungee-jumping, ATV bikes, go-karting and much more that you can enjoy to your heart's content. Along with that, the place also has a well-appointed team of staff that overlook the safety precautions to ensure maximum fun for the guests.
Location: Panchgani - Mahabaleshwar Rd, Maharashtra 412806.
5. Funtown Amusement Park: This Mahabaleshwar amusement park is for an out and out adventure experience with your loved ones. There are many thrilling and rugged activities like paint-ball fighting, go-karting, bungee-jumping and more that appeal to both the younger and older guests. Along with that, there are other facilities and activities that you can also checkout during your adventure in Mahabaleshwar.
Location: Sr.No-8A9,Panchgani - Mahabaleshwar Road,Gureghar, Opp.Mapro Garden, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412805.Plan A Romantic Getaway With Your Partner By Checking Out Our Mahabaleshwar Honeymoon Packages Now!
What are the adventure water sports to try in Mahabaleshwar?
Here is a list of some of the best adventure water sports to do in Mahabaleshwar:
1. Kayaking: When speaking about the adventure activities in Mahabaleshwar, one cannot miss out on kayaking. You can enjoy a nice and calming experience as you row the kayak on the waters of lake Tapola, situated in the quaint village of the same name near Mahabaleshwar.
2. Speedboat Ride: This is another one of the adventure activities in Mahabaleshwar that is made available at Lake Tapola. Feel the wind in your hair as you cruise on the tranquil waters, surrounded by natural beauty.
3. Boating: This is among the most popular adventure things in Mahabaleshwar. Available at lake Tapola and lake Venna. You can choose between paddle boats, row-boats and even Shikaras to sail on the pristine waters encompassed with rich vegetation that makes for beautiful scenery.
4. Wind Surfing: Give this adventure a try during your Mahabaleshwar vacation for a fun and exciting experience. Available at Lake Tapola, there are many activity providers that will provide equipment, gear and a proper training session before you are able to enjoy balancing on a surfboard with panels to help you maneuver.
5. Water Rappelling: Among the offbeat and fun adventure things in Mahabaleshwar, rappelling is offered at the scenic waterfalls like Lingamala Falls and others. You and your loved ones can experience the rush when you descend from the rocks down to the base while the cascade from the falls drenches you.Planning A Trip To Igatpuri, Checkout Our Best Igatpuri Tour Packages Now!
What are the best trekking trails in Mahabaleshwar?
These are some of the best trekking trails in Mahabaleshwar:
1. Pratapgarh Fort: This historic monument is a prized possession of Mahabaleshwar that you must visit during your trip. Moreover, this fort stands at an elevation of about 1080 meters on a hill that one has to trek to savour the views from the top. The trail is relatively easy and can be completed in a few hours.
2. Connaught Peak: This is the second highest peak in Mahabaleshwar that is a popular trekking site. The terrain for this trek is moderately difficult with rugged patches. However, the view along the way and from the top are breathtaking.
3. Tapola: This is a village near Mahabaleshwar that is popular for its jingle treks that take you around scenic trails which include a lake, rivers, Valleys and dense woods.
4. Rajgarh Fort: This architectural marvel is a popular place among tourists who want to admire the edifice, catch a glimpse of the stunning sunset and also feel the adrenaline pumping as you have to go on a moderately difficult trudge to reach the fort.
What is the best time to visit Mahabaleshwar for adventure activities?
Avoiding the monsoon season due to heavy rains, the summer months from March till June, and the winter months from November till February are ideal for you to plan a Mahabaleshwar vacation to partake in the adventure activities offered. In both these seasons the temperatures remain nice and comfortable with dry weather conditions.Planning A Vacation To Matheran, Checkout The Best Matheran Tour Packages Now!
Where can I go for rock climbing in Mahabaleshwar?
Rock-climbing is quite a popular adventure in Mahabaleshwar and one can enjoy it with Velocity Entertainmentz. They are among the best activities providers in Mahabaleshwar and you can be sure of a safe yet thrilling experience.
You will get a chance to learn rock-climbing on a mock wall before being able to attempt it on the outdoor rocky terrains of the beautiful hill-station.
How much does paragliding cost in Mahabaleshwar?
The cost of paragliding in Mahabaleshwar starts from INR 2000 per person and depending on the adventure or duration this cost can vary.
This activity is made available in Panchgani, Tapola and a few other places around Mahabaleshwar. Alternatively, you can also choose to try out tandem jump and solo jump.
Lying on the route towards Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani, the incredibly beautiful Parsi Point happens to be a very well-known viewpoint in India. This picturesque viewpoint offers visitors a truly breathtaking panoramic view of the clear waters of Dhom Dam and the charm of Krishna Valley. Surrounded by lofty, green mountains on all sides, this spot is indeed a sight to remember for a lifetime. This place can refresh the tired travelers and rejuvenate them from within by bursting all the stress and anxiety of everyday life.The very name ‘Parsi Point’ is inspired by the significance of the place to the early Parsi community. In modern day, this viewpoint receives a great influx of travelers, including couples, families, and solo trippers. The place is considered to be the most ideal spot for watching picturesque sunrise and sunset sights. Visitors even avail telescope service to catch jaw-dropping views from different angles.Travelers flocking to Parsi Point get the opportunity to carry out a broad spectrum of exciting kids-friendly games. There is also a plethora of refreshment stalls at the place selling out delicious snacks and beverages. In addition to all these, tourists can also enjoy camel rides at this amazing destination.
Venna Lake not only happens to be one of the most beautiful and scenic lakes in Mahabaleshwar, but it also happens to serve a lot of other purposes as well. It is the main source of water for the nearby township. It is considered to be one of the most loved attractions of Mahabaleshwar. The place is jam-packed with lush greenery and scenic picturesque beauty. Shri Appasahed Maharaj who was once the ruler of Satara and happens to be a descendant of the famous Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, built the Lake.Venna Lake is constructed artificially over an area of 28 acres. The periphery of the lake is about 7-8 km long. The lake was built in the initial days to provide the nearby township with a source of water and cater to their day-to-day needs. This lake is not only famous among tourists but it is also famous among pilgrims. About one-third of the lake is meant for pilgrimage. The lake offers amazing boating facilities and horse rides to the tourists. Venna Lake has a lot to offer to nature lovers as well. The lake is surrounded by lush green Chhatrapati Pratapsinh gardens. If you want to spend your evening in a peaceful setting of the adjacent Chhatrapati Pratapsinh garden, you can come to this place and take part in a number of activities as well as relish the local food in more than a few nearby food joints.
Situated between Mahabaleshwar and Pune, Lingmala Waterfall is one of the most breathtaking waterfalls in the country. Known for its tranquil atmosphere and gorgeous panorama, the waterfall originates approximately 600 feet above a cliff and is engulfed by lush greenery. Set next to the Lingmala Forest Bungalow, the waterfall is a brilliant spot for a daybreak from all the hustle and bustle of your daily city life. Interestingly, Lingmala Waterfall also offers you a picturesque view of Dhobi Waterfall as well as Chinaman’s Waterfall, which makes it a fabulous spot for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts. The waterfalls are divided into two levels – the lower deck and the upper deck.The lower deck has the mini waterfall which is perfect for swimming and splashing around since it is much safer. The upper deck, however, is dangerous for any such activities and is accessible after a 30-minutes trek from the mini waterfall. Though getting to the actual waterfall is not possible because of the difficult path, it makes for an adventurous trek and a splendid experience.