About Parsi Point
Lying on the route towards Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani, the incredibly beautiful Parsi Point happens to be a very well-known viewpoint in India. This picturesque viewpoint offers visitors a truly breathtaking panoramic view of the clear waters of Dhom Dam and the charm of Krishna Valley. Surrounded by lofty, green mountains on all sides, this spot is indeed a sight to remember for a lifetime. This place can refresh the tired travelers and rejuvenate them from within by bursting all the stress and anxiety of everyday life.
The very name ‘Parsi Point’ is inspired by the significance of the place to the early Parsi community. In modern day, this viewpoint receives a great influx of travelers, including couples, families, and solo trippers. The place is considered to be the most ideal spot for watching picturesque sunrise and sunset sights. Visitors even avail telescope service to catch jaw-dropping views from different angles.
Travelers flocking to Parsi Point get the opportunity to carry out a broad spectrum of exciting kids-friendly games. There is also a plethora of refreshment stalls at the place selling out delicious snacks and beverages. In addition to all these, tourists can also enjoy camel rides at this amazing destination.
How to Reach Parsi Point
By Air: The closest airport to Parsi Point is in the city of Pune. Once you reach Pune airport, you can take a taxi to arrive at Panchgani. From here, you can easily take another local taxi to finally reach Parsi Point.
By Bus: You can easily catch a local bus to Panchgani from any of the major cities of Maharashtra. Once you reach Panchgani, you can hire a taxi to arrive at Parsi Point.
By Train: The closest railway station to Parsi Point is in the city of Pune. Once you reach Pune railway station, you can take a local bus or taxi to reach Panchgani. After arriving at Panchgani, you can take a local taxi to reach Parsi Point.
Best Time to Visit Parsi Point
Panchgani is beautiful and soul-touching all year round and can be visited anytime. Most of the tourists prefer visiting Parsi Point during the winter months of December to February as this happens to be the best time for visiting the town of Panchgani.
During these months, tourists can get a greener view of Krishna Valley and also enjoy fun activities in the pleasant weather. That being said, it is highly recommended for the visitors to consider visiting the destination in the morning or evening hours if they want to witness the place at its best. These happen to be the best time to take a jaw-dropping view of the sunrise and sunset sights.
What Not to Miss at Parsi Point
Boating at Parsi Point
There is not any facility to carry out boating at Parsi Point, but this activity can be experienced at Dhom Dam, a beautiful waterbody lying close to the viewpoint. Lying at an average distance of around 50 kilometers from Parsi Point, the dam can be easily reached by public transport within just 1.5 hours to 2 hours. This picturesque destination has all the facility to let tourists enjoy boating safely in the clear and tranquilizing waters of the dam.
Tourists going to Parsi Point always make it a point to not miss out on enjoying boating at the popular Dhom Dam as this is indeed a lifetime worth experience that lures everyone.
Places to Visit around Parsi Point
1. Devrai Art Village- Located at a small distance of around 1 kilometer from Parsi Point, Devrai Art Village is basically a no-profit programme for celebrating creativity and connecting with nature. The art and paintings showcased in this art village are made by talented Advivasi artists and craftsmen from Chhattisgarh and Gadchiroli. Devrai Art Village can be visited from 9 AM to 8 PM, throughout the week.
2. Table Land- Situated at an approximate distance of 3.1 kilometers from Parsi Point, TableLand happens to be a plateau, representing the highest viewpoint in Panchgani. Spread across a huge area of 95 acres, this place is considered as Asia’s second largest plateau. The plateau offers breathtaking panoramic sight of majestic hills and deep valleys.
3. Bhilar Falls- Lying at a distance of about 1.1 kilometers from Parsi Point, Bhilar Falls happens to be a beautiful seasonal waterfall. The waterfall is extremely breathtaking and offers visitors true serenity and tranquility.
4. Sydney Point- Located at a distance of around 4.1 kilometers from Parsi Point, Sydney Point happens to be a very small spot atop a highland. This place is usually visited by nature lovers, photo fanatics, couples, and inspiration seekers.
Other Essential Information About Parsi Point
- Location: Parsi Point is located on the route to Mahabaleshwar.
- Address: Ganeshpeth, Panchgani, Maharashtra 412805
- Price: There isn’t any entry fee to visit Parsi Point. However, a small parking fee may be charged.
- Timing: Parsi Point is open for visiting from 8 AM to 8 PM, throughout the week
Places to Eat around Parsi Point
1. Hill Top Ice Cream- Lying at a distance of around 1.7 kilometers from Parsi Point, Hill Top Ice Cream is a well-known dessert parlor in Panchgani. Specializing in Strawberry, Mulberry, Oreo, and mint ice-cream, this ice-cream shop sells ice-creams of over 40 exotic flavors. In addition to fresh ice-creams, the place also serves thick shakes of different flavors to its guests.
2. Oregano – The Organic Pizzeria Located at a small distance of about 1.5 kilometers from Parsi Point, Oregano – The Organic Pizzeria serves flavorful and nutritious organic pizzas. Specializing in Pizzas as well as Italian delicacies, this food joint welcomes locals as well as tourists for brunch, lunch, and dinner.
3. Jaffer Bhai’s Delhi Darbar- Situated at an approximate distance of 1.5 kilometers from Parsi Point, Jaffer Bhai’s Delhi Darbar specializes in Biryani and Mughlai delicacies. Known for its clean atmosphere and quick service, the place is visited mainly for lunch and dinner. Jaffer Bhai’s Delhi Darbar is considered as a paradise for non-vegetarian foodies.
4. Akbarally Paratha House- Located at a distance of about 1.7 kilometers from Parsi Point, Akbarally Paratha House specializes in hot, delicious, and aromatic parathas. The place serves about 10 to 20 varieties of Parathas, including paneer, carrot, onion, and cheese parathas.
Travelers' Tip before visiting Parsi Point
1. Avoid visiting Parsi Point during holidays and weekends as the place remains very crowded during this time.
2. It is highly suggested to pay a visit to this amazing spot early in the morning in order to take a glimpse of the awe-inspiring sunrise view.
3. Do not miss out on trying the fresh and juicy fruits offered by the vendors at this place.
4. Carry a good camera along with you to do some nature photography at this spot and of course click some stunning selfies.
5. It is suggested to wear good sports shoes with a nice grip in order to stay safe at all times.