1. Half Moon Bay: When in Dammam, the first pin on the map should be on The Half Moon Bay. It was considered to be a Hub of Arabian merchants who used to travel from the Gulf regions.
Today this place attracts many tourists by offering a wide range of recreational activities ranging from group fishing in the shallow shore to sailing in the waves to even enjoying scuba diving. Away from the city lights this place suits best if you want to enjoy the shallow dazzling water of the Gulf.
Location- Off King Fahd road, Dhahran, Near Khobar city
2. Marjan Island Dammam: This is a man made coral island connecting the city of Eastern Dammam via a bridge. It consists of four islands- breeze, treasure, dream and view. It is packed with green spaces, playground areas, appealing resorts, basically each and everything you want to enjoy a pleasantful picnic with your loved ones.
One of its main attractions is the ferry boat ride around the island. You can also enjoy the sunset and the scenic view from the top of the lighthouse especially during the night. This place is an artificial masterpiece that tries to give a glimpse of nature.
Location- Cornish Rd, Al-Hamra'a, Dammam 32421, Saudi Arabia.
3. King Fahad Park: King Fahad Park, considered to be one of the largest parks in the entire Saudi Arabia spreading over more than hundred hectares of land packed with beautiful lakes, lagoons, playgrounds and many amusement rides.
This is a perfect place for all the adventure lovers offering about twenty five thrilling rides one of which is the cobra ride that is very popular among the tourists. Apart from the alluring scenic views and rides this place is a hotspot for all the food lovers offering a variety of delicious cuisines and fast food.
Location- Al Basatin, Dammam 32235, Saudi Arabia
4. The Heritage Village: Located within a short drive from the city of Dammam, The Heritage Village is one of the key places to visit if you want to experience the rich culture and traditions of the people of Saudi Arabia. The Heritage Village is a beautiful vintage building very similar to a castle.
It is one of the oldest inhabited places in the city preserving many artifacts that include ancient weapons, manuscripts, wall carvings and ancient jewelry. You can enjoy delicious cuisines of the region you choose inside the building. This place is the classic representation of different eras in the history of Saudi Arabia.
Location- Corniche Walk Way, Ash Shati Al Gharbi, Dammam 32411, Saudi Arabia
5. Dammam Regional Museum: Dammam Regional Museum is one of the largest museums in town facing the sea. This museum has six large halls each representing a different period starting from the ancient times till now. Visitors tend to lose track of time roaming around the different halls each of which is no less than a gem.
There are professionals to guide you throughout the tour explaining each and every detail of the history and civilisation of the city. This place is a must stop for the people who are fascinated to learn more about the antiquity of the city.
Location- C4P3+HPQ, Al Adamah, Dammam 32242, Saudi Arabia
6. Dolphins Village: One of the most fascinating villages in the Al-Marjan island, this place deserves a special mention in your travel diaries. You will definitely get goosebumps watching live Dolphin, sea lion and snake shows performed under the supervision of professions. This place is no less than a mini zoo inside the island.
It also has a swimming pool with many electric and water games. Kids will surely love this place. You can make your visit memorable by clicking some amazing pictures here with the dolphins and sea lions.
Location- Cornish Rd, Al-Hamra'a, Dammam 32421, Saudi Arabia
7. Share Al-Hob Traditional Market: This famous market reflects the rich culture and tradition of Dammam city. This is also popularly known as the love market because of the jewelry shops that surround the outer streets. Couples tend to visit this place for bridal shopping. It has vibrant stalls selling handcrafted items from the locals ranging from spices, furniture to fabrics.
Exploring the streets will give you an essence of the place. There is a lot to discover in this market. The streets are packed with local artists, musicians and dancers who add light to the place. You can enjoy street performances at night by talented artists while shopping.
If you are a food lover then there are restaurants where you can enjoy the local cuisines of the place.
Location- 11th Street, Al Dawasir, Dammam, Saudi Arabia, 32416
8. King Abdullah Park: This is placed on the seafront in Dammam. Considered to be one of the most modern amusement parks with an distinctive architecture and engineering, it attracts many tourists. It is packed with green spaces, playgrounds, restaurants, food trucks and even theatres.
It is a one stop destination for entertainment well managed by the Dammam municipality. You can have a pleasant time with your family and friends here.
Location- F4P9+XM8, Ash Shati Al Gharbi, Dammam 32411, Saudi Arabia
9. Dammam Corniche: It is considered to be one of the top attractions of the city. This is the perfect place to chill out, that attracts many western visitors. The crowd generally prefers to walk along the persian gulf water while enjoying the sunset. Cafes, Foodtrucks and restaurants are a common sight here.
People also indulge in fishing activities during sunrise or sunsets. Also you can spot many artists doing graffiti in the streets. Live music and dance performances are very familiar here. Corniche is a place of leisure and comfort that you should not miss out on.
Location- Khaleej Rd, Dammam, 32416, Saudi Arabia.
10. Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd Stadium: This is a multi-purpose stadium and the home ground of Al-Ettifaq, the Saudi Arabian football club. This place is a go to spot for the football enthusiasts. Many tourists plan out to catch football matches here.
With a seating capacity of more than 26000 people it is one of the largest stadiums in the city. You can definitely capture some memorable moments with your favorite players if you visit on a match day.
Location- Omar Ben Al-Khattab Street, Dammam, Saudi Arabia