1. Lake Pichola: Lake Pichola was constructed in the year 1362 AD and is one of the best places to visit in Udaipur. It entices travellers with its glory and is a lovely spot for indulging in a private cruise ride at sunset.
Apart from enjoying the picturesque panorama, a visit to Lake Pichola must be complemented with digging into delicious dishes at one of the waterfront cafes. On top of that, you will also find numerous markets around Lake Pichola for revelling in shopping.
Location: Besides Udaipur City Palace, Pichola Lake, Udaipur, Rajasthan - 313001.
Timings: 9 AM- 6 PM.
2. City Palace, Udaipur: Nestled within the Aravalli Mountain Range, City Palace is located on the bank of Lake Pichola and is a palatial complex. City Palace was constructed over a span of 400 years and is a brilliant concoction of the Rajasthani and Mughal architecture.
The entire structure is forged out of granite and marble. The interiors of the City Palace are studded with mirror-work, murals, wall paintings, silver-work, and delicate coloured glass. One can also get a glimpse of the Udaipur City from the upper terraces of City Palace. In today’s era, it stands as an important historic landmark and is a pride of Rajasthan.
Location: Old City, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001.
Timings: 9:30 AM–5:30 PM.
- Adults (Above 18 Years): Rs. 250
- Children (5 to 18 Years): Rs. 100
- Children (Below 5 years): Free.
3. Fateh Sagar Lake: Named after Maharana Sir Fateh Singh, who ruled Mewar from 1884 to 1930, Fateh Sagar Lake is another enchanting lake in the heart of Udaipur.
Encompassed by mountain ranges from all the three sides, a speed boat ride on the tranquil waters of the Fateh Sagar Lake is a popular activity. In the evening, travellers can also enjoy the magnificent sunset at the Fateh Sagar Lake where the crimson sun paints the sky in different hues.
Location: Fateh Sagar Lake, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001, India.
Timings: 8 AM- 4:30 PM.
4. Eklingji Temple: At a distance of 22km away from Udaipur, Eklingji Temple is 1300 years old and is dedicated to Lord Shiva, one of the principal deities of Hinduism. Despite being such an old structure, Eklingji Temple has managed to retain its beauty. Every nook and corner of the temple is carved with aesthetics and has a serene milieu. The idol of Lord Shiva present inside the temple has 4 faces and is carved out of black marble.
Location: National Highway No 8, Kailashpuri, Udaipur, Rajasthan, 313202.
Timing: 4:30 AM -7:00 AM, 10:30 AM -1:30 PM, 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM.
5. Vintage Car Museum: If you are an ardent car lover, Vintage and Classic Car Museum is going to be your paradise.It was inaugurated on 15th February 2000 by Lord Montagu of Beaulieu, the founder of the National Motor Museum in England.Vintage and Classic Car Museum houses some of the rarest and classic cars belonging to the Maharanas of Mewar.
Get ready to get a sneak peek of the royal lifestyle of the Rajput rulers like never before. Vintage and Classic Car Museum is home to 20 antique cars and all of them are preserved well to date. The museum also features other exhibits like solar-powered rickshaws.
Location: Gulab Bagh Road, nearby The Garden Hotel, Old City, Shakti Nagar, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001.
Timings: 9 AM- 9 PM.
Price: Adults- Rs 250 per Person; Children- Rs 150 per Person.
6. Jaisamand Lake: Sprawled over a large area, Jaisamand Lake was constructed under the rule of Maharana Jai Singh in 1685 AD. Quaintly ruffled amidst the rolling hills, it is the 2nd largest man-made lake in India. You will find sophisticated stairs leading to the water with a small Shiv temple on its bank. One of the ideal ways to explore Jaisamand Lake is by a serene boat ride.
Location: Dhebar Lake, Udaipur, Rajasthan, 313706, India.
Timings: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
7. Bada Mahal: In the premise of the City Palace, Bada Mahal is constructed on a 90 ft high natural rock formation and is one of the top places to visit in Udaipur. It came into existence in the 17th century and is sure to stun you with its grand architecture. Every wall of the Bada Mahal portrays intricate mirror works and will give you a glimpse of the royal life of Rajput rulers from the bygone era.
Location: Trident Rd, Haridas Ji Ki Magri, Shavri Colony, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001.
Timings: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
Price: Adults: Rs 30 Per Person; Children: Rs 15 Per Person.
8. Bada Bazaar: Always full of hustle-bustle, Bada Bazaar is the right place to channel your inner shopaholic. It is one of the largest and prime markets in the city of Udaipur. One can easily find plenty of lively stalls selling exquisite items. Pick up souvenirs like Bandhani sarees, handmade juttis, silver jewellery, bags and authentic Rajasthani handicraft items to take back home for your family, friends and other relatives.
Location: Old City, Bohrwadi, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001.
Timings: 9.30 AM-6 PM (It remains closed on Sundays).
9. Bagore Ki Haveli: Near the marvellous Pichola Lake, Bagore Ki Haveli was constructed in the 18th century under the initiative of Amar Chand Badwa, the then Prime Minister of Mewar.
It has a unique style of architecture where the walls are adorned with splendid mirror works and remarkable paintings. As you take a stroll through the numerous corridors, balconies, courtyards and terraces of the Haveli, you will witness the skills of the finest craftsmanship.
Location: Gangaur Ghat Marg, Hotel Gangaur Palace, Silawat Wadi, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001.
Timings: 9:30 AM- 5:30 PM.
- Indian Adult: Rs 60 per Person
- Indian Children (5 to 12): Rs 30 per Person
- Foreign Adult: Rs 100 per person
- Foreign Child: Rs 50 per Person.
10. Shilpgram: At a distance of 3 Km from Udaipur, Shilpgram is a rural arts and crafts complex. It was inaugurated by Rajiv Gandhi in 1989 to spread knowledge about the rural arts and crafts of Rajasthan to the outer world. On your trip to Udaipur, come down here and get an exclusive glance of the lifestyles of the tribal people in this region.
Location: Shilpgram, Udaipur, Rajasthan, 313001, India.
Timings: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
- Indian Adults: Rs 30 Per Person
- Indian Children: Rs 15 Per Person
- Foreigner: Rs 50 Per Person.