Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
|Package Name||Duration||Price Starts From||Rating|
|Motorcycle Tour of Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh||11D||₹ 141000||3.0 star||View Details|
|Sightseeing Day Tour to Shillong||7 Hrs||₹ 615||4.0 star||View Details|
|Day Tour Shillong in Meghalaya||8 Hrs||₹ 1999||3.0 star||View Details|
|Horn-bill Festival and Dzukou Valley Trek in Nagaland||5D 4N||₹ 27000||4.0 star||View Details|
|Rock Climbing at Assam State Zoo||8 Hrs||₹ 799||3.0 star||View Details|
Ask a Question
More Things to do in Guwahati
Other Listings in Guwahati
What You Should Know More About Things To Do in Guwahati
Fling yourselves into a world of adventure with some great activities that can be experienced in and around Guwahati. These adventure activities allow you to enjoy yourselves in the best possible way with your friends and family, and bring back remarkable memories that will light up your face every time you think pf them. Some adventure activities to look into in Guwahati include:
· Rock Climbing
· White Water Rafting
Trekking in Guwahati can be a mesmerising experience because of the unique sights that come upon you at every turn of the road. The soul-stirring natural beauty of Assam is reflected in full force in Guwahati, and trekking is a great way to experience it intimately. Some of the best treks in Guwahati include:
· Nilachal Hills
· Sri Surya Pahar
· Assam State Zoo
· Garbhanga Forest Reserve
· Kaziranga National Park
· David Scott Trail Shillong
Rock climbing in Guwahati is a glorious way to truly immerse yourself in the majesty of the mountains of Assam. There is no better way of understanding the might of the sheer cliffs than by actually trying to scale them. Though a challenging activity, rock climbing in Guwahati is one of the best ways to build special memories:
· Assam State Zoo
· Assam Mountaineering Association
· Global Adventure Association Natural Rock Field
· Late Rohini Bhuyan Memorial Rock Field
· Charan Beel Lake
· Basitha Reserve Forest
Kayaking is one of the most famous adventure activities that tourists can enjoy in Guwahati. This activity allows you to experience the majestic currents of the rivers and the beautiful scenery of Guwahati. Kayaking is also a unique way to bond with your friends and family. It allows you to enjoy adrenaline-pumping adventure that can be recalled for years afterwards. Some great places to kayak in Guwahati include:
· Charan Beel Lake
· Brahmaputra River
Night time in the mountains is always magical, but to be encamped in the midst of the densely carpeted landscape of Assam is an altogether other-worldly experience that is hard to match. Muted cricket chirps are the only sounds that break the stillness of the night, and only the moon and the stars light up the sky. Camping in Guwahati is not an activity to be missed, so you can enjoy it at:
· Kawasing Eco Camp
· Eco Camp Nameri
· Chandubi Jungle Camp
· Nature Hunt Eco Camp, Kaziranga National Park
· Kaziranga Jungle Camping
Driving on the long, winding and traffic free roads around Guwahati is a great pleasure, especially for those who often find themselves in chaotic city traffic. A road trip not only grants you this pleasure, it also allows you to experience the sight and sounds of Assam with the ease and comfort of your car or bike. Some great locations for a road trip around Guwahati include:
· Kaziranga National Park, Assam- 195 kilometres approx.
· Cherrapunji, Meghalaya- 150 kilometres approx.
· Shillong, Meghalaya- 100 kilometres approx.
· Nongpoh, Assam- 50 kilometres approx.
· East Garo Hills, Meghalaya- 195 kilometres approx.
· Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya- 177 kilometres approx.
· West Garo Hills, Meghalaya- 210 kilometres approx.
· Jorhat, Assam- 312 kilometres approx.
· Haflong, Assam- 170 kilometres approx.
Guwahati is not just a spellbinding destination for trekking and other adventure sports. It is also a culturally enriching experience. Experiencing the local culture is crucial when you are in Guwahati in order to experience the true spirit of Assam. Art is a great way of doing so. Some of the best places for an art and culture experience in Guwahati include:
· Assam State Museum
· Ecological Museum
· Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra
· Treasure Wheel
· Kamakhya Museum
· Kamakhya Temple
· Sankardev Kalakshetra Science Museum
· Umananda Temple
· Kusum Art Studio
Riding a two-wheeler in the still and serene region around Guwahati is a fantastic way of enjoying the natural beauty of Guwahati. Biking in Guwahati can be enjoyed whether via bicycles or motor bikes. Both are equally fun and memorable. There are many routes that you can take in order to get the best experience of the road. Some of these include:
· Guwahati to Kaziranga National Park, Assam- 195 kilometres approx.
· Guwahati to Majuli, Assam- 345 kilometres approx.
· Guwahati to Cherrapunjee, Meghalaya (via Shillong) - 150 kilometres approx.
· Guwahati to Dawki, Assam- 195 kilometres approx.
· Guwahati to Tezpur, Assam- 175 kilometres approx.
· Guwahati to Haflong, Assam- 170 kilometres approx.
· Guwahati to Shillong, Meghalaya - 100 kilometres approx.
· Guwahati to Nongpoh, Meghalaya- 50 kilometres approx.