Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Goecha La is a high mountain pass in the Himalayan range. The trek starts at the sleepy little town of Yuksom in West Sikkim. The town is very pretty with lush green surroundings and a salubrious weather to go with it. You can shop for all supplies at Yuksom before beginning the trek as this is the only place where you will get to buy all your necessary items.
Furthermore, before trekking the Goecha La, you will have to do two things, first make an entry at the local police station and second pay the permit fees at the forest check post. Usually the agencies take care of all these hassles and you will not have to bother about them.
The first phase of the trek to Goecha La will take you from Yuksom to Sachen. Yuksom is situated at an altitude of 5,700 feet and Sachen is situated at an elevation of 7, 200 feet. The trekking trail passes through a route of immense natural beauty. You will come across lush green fields, valley of the Rathong River and thick forests. From Sachen you will need to climb ahead to Tshoka which is at an altitude of 9,650 feet.
This trek is quite enjoyable in the initial phase but becomes tryingly steep towards the later phase. On reaching Bakhim, you can enjoy a spectacular view of the Yuksom valley. As you trek on ahead, you pass through Dzongri and Phedang. You will also be able to enjoy the beauty of some of the densest rhododendron forests in India and get a breathtaking view of the highest mountains in the Himalayan range. You will pass through the beautiful Samiti Lake which will mesmerise you with its sparkling blue waters.
The entire journey from Yuksom to Goecha La is a treat to the eyes. Despite being a test of physical stamina, the route is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful routes that you can come across while trekking in the Himalayas.
Best Season: September- November & March-April
Difficulty Level: Moderate to Challenging
Max. Elevation: 5002 m
Best Offers on Goecha La Trek
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About Things To Do in Sikkim
Sikkim constitutes to be the major foundation of all adventurous activities clambering and endeavoring a splendid base to the alpine meadows, glaciers, varieties of fauna and flora housing a lot of zealous adventures. In Sikkim, you might expect the unexpected while you decide to partake in water sports or in various other sports. Dream of a splash from the River Teesta to completely replenish you or a major cycling trek to offer you with few amazing sights to gaze through as you paddle your way – You can expect all of these in Sikkim. Explore through the great majestic pinnacles of the mountains and witness paragliding adventures accompanied with rock climbing activities to check your potential and capability. This is not enough, Sikkim has a lot more to offer than just this.
The best adventure activities to do in Sikkim are as follows:
• Yak Safari
• Mountain biking
• River Rafting
The best things to do in Sikkim are as follows:
• Shopping in MG Road
• Try Being Religious by visiting the old Buddhist Gompa
• Paragliding in Sikkim
• Try Going Organic by purchasing complete organic products from the Sikkim Market
• Attend Distinct Festivals in Sikkim like Tharpu Monsoon Festival, Losar Festival, and Gangtok Winter Festival
• Cuddle Local Lifestyle by staying near to nature
• Understand Tibetology
• Leisure Walk in Rinchenpong
• Caving in the North Lha-ri-nying phu
• Try Sikkimese Tongba
• Eat out in 9’INE Native Cuisine and relish the delicious food
• Relish the Sikkimese Nightlife
• Enjoy Mountain Biking between Gangtok and Rangpo
• Flower Exhibition at White Hall
• Visit Rumtek Monastery
• Enjoy the Yak Ride near Tsomgo Lake
• Enjoy Bird Watching in Kewzing
• Splendid River rafting on the Teesta
• Trekking in Goecha La Trek
• View the beautiful Kanchendzonga waterfalls
• Witness the alluringly captivating Khecheopalri Lake
• Visit the Ganesh Tok Temple
• Visit the exuberant Sikkim Zoo
• Explore the Temi Tea Garden
• Relish Mountain Biking in Sikkim
• Relish the happening Sikkimese Nightlife
• Enjoy Bird Watching in Kewzing
• Explore and experience the wonderful River Rafting along the Teesta River
The best places for water sports in Sikkim are as follows:
• Rivers Teesta
• Guru Padmasambhava
• The Mystic Himalayas
The best destinations for a wildlife safari in Sikkim are as follows:
• Fambong Lho Wildlife Sanctuary
• Barsey Rhododendron Sanctuary
• Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary
• The Khangchendzonga National Park
• Kyongnosia Alpine Sanctuary
• Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary
The luxury train experience in Sikkim are as follows:
• Palace on Wheels
• Heritage on Wheels
• The Golden Chariot
• Deccan Odyssey – A Captivating Luxury Train Tour
Rock Climbing in Sikkim is considered to be challenging adventure sports that garner huge traction from the travelers and the tourist who colossally love adventures. Rock climbing in Sikkim involves clambering up a natural rock that may be naturally or artificially formed with a target or definite goal of reaching the peak or the summit of the pre-defined aim. Generally, it is differentiated on the basis of the need of the climber that he or she is competent enough to hold his or her weight so as to balance the sport in entirety. A mentally and physically demanding sport, Rock Climbing is characterized to be a sport that tests a person’s mental and physical strength.
The best places for rock climbing in Sikkim are as follows:
• Mt. Khangchendzonga
• Nakul Giri or Sikkim Mountaineering Association
• Satish Bardewa or TAAS
The best places for an art and culture experience in Sikkim are as follows:
• Teesta River Rafting
• Lachung, Lachen and Yumthang Valley
• Yuksom and the Dzongri Trail
• Flora and Fauna Sanctuaries
• festival in December/January
• Nathu La and Tsomgo Lake
• Monasteries like Rumtek, Pemayangtse, and Tashiding. Other monasteries of this place are worth visiting include the Karma Kagyu
From a smooth riding or experience to an amazing mountain landscape to the most thundering and happening rapids that only the most experienced adventurist can navigate and witness. River Rafting in the midst of River Teesta can definitely bring about adrenaline rush pumping up your adventure and excitement to a whole new tangent or level. Meandering down the rough or rugged way that brings about a great deal of adventure. The riverbanks of River Teesta have deep woods, terraced cultivation, and little hamlets, making the place worthwhile for camping as well as for rafting.Sikkim offers great activities with affordable tour packages.
The best locations for rafting in Sikkim along with the charges are as follows:
• Malli to Kali Jhora is about a distance of about twenty-four kilometers which takes around three hours to complete.
• Tarkhola to Malli is about a distance of about twenty kilometers which takes around two hours to complete.
• Tarkhola to 29th Mile is about a distance of about thirty-three kilometers that takes around three hours to complete.
• Rongpo to 29th Mile is about a distance twenty-eight kilometers that take around three hours to complete.
• Tarkhola to Kali Jhora is about a distance of thirty-seven kilometers that takes around five hours to complete.
• Malli to 29th Mile is about a distance of about eleven kilometers that takes about an hour to complete.
• Malli to Rayang is about a distance of about thirteen kilometers and takes about two hours to complete.
• 29th Mile to Kalijhora is about a distance of about eighteen kilometers and takes about two hours to complete.
Riverside Rafting and Camping involves the following costs:
• Rs. 2000 per pax above 20
• Rs. 2300 per pax above 11 to 20
• Rs. 3200 per pax above 6 to 10
The place where you can go for bungee jumping in Sikkim is as follows:
• Singshore Bridge: If you wish to push the art of bungee jumping to an extremely different level then you must try bungee jumping at the Singshore Bridge. This is an ideal sport that entertains the tourist to the extremes.
The places where you can enjoy paragliding in Sikkim are as follows:
• Paragliding Sikkim - This is located in Gangtok, Sikkim 737103
• Fly Sikkim Adventure – This is located in Lower Sichey Near the bhankari waterfalls by the Ranka Road at Gangtok in Sikkim 737101.
• Sikkim Paragliding - This is located in Sikkim Paragliding Adventure Sports Co-Operative Society Ltd at Gangtok in Sikkim 737103
The best pilgrimage site which you must visit in Sikkim are as follows:
• Buddha Park Ravangla
• Guru Padmasambhava Samdruptse
• Kirateshwar Mahadev Temple
• Solophok Chardham
• Phensang Monastery
• Tashiding Monastery
• Enchey Monastery
• Rumtek Dharma Chakra Centre
• Pemayangtse Monastery
The best places to go on a honeymoon in Sikkim are as follows:
• Visit beautiful places like Zuluk, Tsomgo Lake, Pelling, Ravangla, and Gangtok.
• Visit splendid resorts like Summit Norling Resort & Spa (Gangtok), Ghonday Village Resort (Kaluk), Yarlam Resort (Lachung), The Elgin Mount Pandim (Pelling) and Magpie Chestnut Retreat (Pelling).
• Try sports activities like Paragliding, Yak Safari, Mountaineering, Mountain biking and River Rafting.
• Try delectable cuisines in splendid restaurants like 9ine Native Cuisine, Y.O.L.O Lounge & Bar, Jungle Café, Hotlix, Desi Bites, Yummy Tummy, Mu Kimchi, Thakali, Dynasty Wine and Dine, Food Court, Roll House, Snow Lion Restaurant, Shuffle Momos, Cafe Live & Loud, The Coffee Shop, Hotel Sher-E-Punjab, Taste Of Tibet, Parivar Restaurant, Chopstick, The-Cube, Wangdi Restaurant, Orchid Restaurant, Big Bowl Restaurant, Kafal Restaurant, South Indian Restaurant, Flavours Inn Bar And Restaurant, Taste of Ravangla Restaurant, Bailey The Restaurant, Apna Dhaba, Yalamber Bar and Restaurant, Tashi Tagey Hotel, Adonai Family Restaurant, Chingthang Hotel and Restaurant, Kookay Restaurant, Melting Point, Thoendel, Hotel Pomra, Wild Flower Retreat and Bamboo Retreat Hotel.
• Worth visiting historic places to visit in Sikkim are Budang Gari Fort, Dubdi Monastery, Sanga Chilling Monastery, Phensang Monastery, Dodrul Chorten, Enchey Monastery, Ralong Monastery, Tusk-La-Khang Monastery, Pemayangtse Monastery, and Rumtek Monastery.
The must-try aerial activities in Sikkim are as follows:
Along with activities like Canoeing, Hang gliding, Mountain biking, Trekking, Mountaineering and Rafting, other aerial activities in Sikkim are Yak Safari, Mountain biking, kayaking, and Paragliding.
Some of the best cycling trails in Sikkim are as follows:
• The trail between Gangtok to Bagdogra
• The trail between Kabi to Gangtok covers about one thousand five hundred and forty-seven meters or twenty kilometers.
• The trail between Rangrang and Kabi covers about one thousand five hundred meters or thirty-two kilometers.
• The trail between Chungthang and Rangrang covers about one thousand meters or thirty-eight kilometers.
• The trail between Lanchen and Chungthang is a twenty-seven kilometers long downhill cycling trail
• The trail between Choptag Valley and Kalapather and finally a visit to the Lanchen
• The trail between Lanchen and Thangu covers about three thousand and twenty meters or thirty-two kilometers.
• The trail between Chungthang and Lachen covers about twenty-seven kilometers or two thousand seven hundred and twenty-eight meters.
• The trail between Yumthang and Chungthang is a forty-five kilometers long downhill cycling tour
• The trail between Lachung and Yumthang covers around three thousand six hundred meters or twenty-four kilometers.
• The trail between Chungthang and Lachung covers around two thousand six hundred and twenty-four meters or twenty-one kilometers.
• The trail between Singhik and Chungthang covers around one thousand sixty-one meters or twenty-six kilometers.
• The trail between Phedang and Singhik covers around one thousand six hundred meters or thirty-three kilometers.
• The trail between Gangtok and Phedang covers around six hundred meters or thirty-one kilometers.
• The trail between Bagdogra and Gangtok
The places where you can relish the nightlife in Sikkim are as follows:
• Denzong Cinema
• Cafe Live & Loud
• Chowrasta Stores Wines
• MAYFAIR Spa Resort & Casino, Gangtok
• Joey's Pub
• Golden Orchid-The Lodge
• MPH (Multipurpose Hall) NIT Sikkim
• Gatty's Café
• Aroma Bar cum Restaurant
• Cafe Live & Loud
• Officers Club, Zym, Type IV Quarters
• Roadways Karaoke N Bar
• Basement lounge & bistro
• The Circle
• F.L.Liquor Shop
• Basement Lounge & Bistro (Delam)
• Dai-Chi Bar and Restaurant
• Lenora Restaurant And Bar
• Lees Retro Bar & Lounge
• Bishal Pub
• Purple Restaurant & lounge bar
• FatMom Local Bar
• Tiyaaz Bar and Foods
• Desme office
• B.k. Pradhan F.l. Shop
• Resto Lounge Bar
• Merge Bar and Restaurant
• Hotel Orchid
• Garden Hotel
• Hotel Nana
• Vyanjan bar N Restaurant
• BBQ Restobar
• Mulukay Kingfisher Beer Factory
• Escape DISCO
• Lounge 31a
Traveller Tales From Sikkim
15 May 2015
Kanchenjunga is certainly an epitome of beauty and Sikkim is one place that provides you with panoramic views. loved the entire trekking part. Great place, great people amazing time - thanks to our tre...
15 August 2014
Tholung pass was an insane jouner. i think the package i got was perfect. good city tour and a nice trek to explore sikkim. good combination and really nice service. any one who loves wilderness will l...
15 August 2014
Gangtok is a very beautiful place really, it has the best heritage of nature. we were trekking in Thoulang , the place was crowded by many other tourists, we spent few nights in our camps, had some awe...
07 December 2015
My trek to Kachenjunga was truly awe inspiring the trails were slightly challenging but the amazing guides were so helpful and made everything easier. The views are very dream like and the sunsets were...
11 September 2015
i think the government should work for the exposure of such an awesome place, called versey trek. it was great being there. i liked those towering mountains and the countless variety of orchids and als
18 November 2015
My first serious trek ever! The north-east was a delight of an experience. Away from Tadiandamol, Kodachadri and others in the Western Ghats, this blew my mind. A well-organized tour...craving to ventu
15 July 2015
i loved trekking really, it was a great fun and adventure to discover the unseen mountain ranges and spending overnight there. we were accompanied by yak men, porters and guides, they made our trekking
15 July 2014
Versay Trek is considered to be one of the most attractive tourists destination preferred by all nature lovers. The trekking in versay is a complete combination of drive and trek, i just loved it .
16 May 2014
Located in extreme west and famous for its Rhododendron forests.Its truly a mesmerizing experience for us. planning to visit Versay trek soon.
More Things to do in Sikkim
Other Listings in Sikkim