Best things to do in Sikkim are many that captivates and grips the tourist from afar to quarry and explore the undiscovered and adventurous places. If you have the ardent desire to relish and enjoy the natural vicinity and ambiance of the place in entirety, Sikkim is definitely the best place to visit. One of the top most travel and tour destination spots in India, Sikkim is a polemically tranquil and stable places in India. Blessed with some of the most gripping landscapes like the fauna and flora makes the place a haven for the adventurist, naturalists and enthusiasts. Located at a height of about eight thousand five hundred and eighty six metres, the state’s highest pinnacle is the vertex of Mount Kanchenjunga, the third highest pinnacle of the globe. Tourism in Sikkim has a lot to offer to the cultured and refined tourist. Here at this place in Sikkim, the foreigners can travel to places like Phodong, Pemayangtse, Rumtek and Gangtok. Sikkim proves to be one of the best tour package in india.
The tourist can also explore through places like Yuksom and Dzongri trekking routes. The licence to explore the trekking routes must be obtained because these routes also comprise of areas which are restricted. To explore and experience the entire radiance and rejuvenation, Sikkim is an ideal place that must be visited by the travellers during the holiday time. Sikkim offers distinct traditions and cultures attracting the tourist the endeavour this place and explore it. The majority of the people residing in Sikkim are of Nepali ethnic origin. The people of Sikkim include the Bhutias who had previously migrated from the district of Kham located in Tibet in the fourteenth century era. While the Lepchas residing in Sikkim are believed to have drifted from the Far East. The Tibetans in this place reside in the eastern and northern part of the state. The migrant and variant origin of the people residing in this place endeavours this place with versatility in tradition and culture. The Best things to do in Sikkim calls to be a major reason for attracting the tourist to witness the diverse tradition and culture in entirety.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Sikkim
People Also Ask About Sikkim Things To Do
What are the best adventure activities to do in Sikkim?
Sikkim constitutes to be the major foundation of all adventurous activities clambering and endeavoring a splendid base to the alpine meadows, glaciers, varieties of fauna and flora housing a lot of zealous adventures. In Sikkim, you might expect the unexpected while you decide to partake in water sports or in various other sports. Dream of a splash from the River Teesta to completely replenish you or a major cycling trek to offer you with few amazing sights to gaze through as you paddle your way – You can expect all of these in Sikkim. Explore through the great majestic pinnacles of the mountains and witness paragliding adventures accompanied with rock climbing activities to check your potential and capability. This is not enough, Sikkim has a lot more to offer than just this.
The best adventure activities to do in Sikkim are as follows:
• Yak Safari
• Mountain biking
• River Rafting
What are the best things to do in Sikkim?
The best things to do in Sikkim are as follows:
• Shopping in MG Road
• Try Being Religious by visiting the old Buddhist Gompa
• Paragliding in Sikkim
• Try Going Organic by purchasing complete organic products from the Sikkim Market
• Attend Distinct Festivals in Sikkim like Tharpu Monsoon Festival, Losar Festival, and Gangtok Winter Festival
• Cuddle Local Lifestyle by staying near to nature
• Understand Tibetology
• Leisure Walk in Rinchenpong
• Caving in the North Lha-ri-nying phu
• Try Sikkimese Tongba
• Eat out in 9’INE Native Cuisine and relish the delicious food
• Relish the Sikkimese Nightlife
• Enjoy Mountain Biking between Gangtok and Rangpo
• Flower Exhibition at White Hall
• Visit Rumtek Monastery
• Enjoy the Yak Ride near Tsomgo Lake
• Enjoy Bird Watching in Kewzing
• Splendid River rafting on the Teesta
• Trekking in Goecha La Trek
• View the beautiful Kanchendzonga waterfalls
• Witness the alluringly captivating Khecheopalri Lake
• Visit the Ganesh Tok Temple
• Visit the exuberant Sikkim Zoo
• Explore the Temi Tea Garden
• Relish Mountain Biking in Sikkim
• Relish the happening Sikkimese Nightlife
• Enjoy Bird Watching in Kewzing
• Explore and experience the wonderful River Rafting along the Teesta River
Which are the best places for water sports in Sikkim?
The best places for water sports in Sikkim are as follows:
• Rivers Teesta
• Guru Padmasambhava
• The Mystic Himalayas
Which are the best destinations for a wildlife safari in Sikkim?
The best destinations for a wildlife safari in Sikkim are as follows:
• Fambong Lho Wildlife Sanctuary
• Barsey Rhododendron Sanctuary
• Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary
• The Khangchendzonga National Park
• Kyongnosia Alpine Sanctuary
• Maenam Wildlife Sanctuary
Where can I get a luxury train experience in Sikkim?
The luxury train experience in Sikkim are as follows:
• Palace on Wheels
• Heritage on Wheels
• The Golden Chariot
• Deccan Odyssey – A Captivating Luxury Train Tour
Which are the best places to do rock climbing in Sikkim?
Rock Climbing in Sikkim is considered to be challenging adventure sports that garner huge traction from the travelers and the tourist who colossally love adventures. Rock climbing in Sikkim involves clambering up a natural rock that may be naturally or artificially formed with a target or definite goal of reaching the peak or the summit of the pre-defined aim. Generally, it is differentiated on the basis of the need of the climber that he or she is competent enough to hold his or her weight so as to balance the sport in entirety. A mentally and physically demanding sport, Rock Climbing is characterized to be a sport that tests a person’s mental and physical strength.
The best places for rock climbing in Sikkim are as follows:
• Mt. Khangchendzonga
• Nakul Giri or Sikkim Mountaineering Association
• Satish Bardewa or TAAS
Which are the best places for an art and culture experience in Sikkim?
The best places for an art and culture experience in Sikkim are as follows:
• Teesta River Rafting
• Lachung, Lachen and Yumthang Valley
• Yuksom and the Dzongri Trail
• Flora and Fauna Sanctuaries
• festival in December/January
• Nathu La and Tsomgo Lake
• Monasteries like Rumtek, Pemayangtse, and Tashiding. Other monasteries of this place are worth visiting include the Karma Kagyu
Which are the best locations for rafting in Sikkim? What are the charges?
From a smooth riding or experience to an amazing mountain landscape to the most thundering and happening rapids that only the most experienced adventurist can navigate and witness. River Rafting in the midst of River Teesta can definitely bring about adrenaline rush pumping up your adventure and excitement to a whole new tangent or level. Meandering down the rough or rugged way that brings about a great deal of adventure. The riverbanks of River Teesta have deep woods, terraced cultivation, and little hamlets, making the place worthwhile for camping as well as for rafting.Sikkim offers great activities with affordable tour packages.
The best locations for rafting in Sikkim along with the charges are as follows:
• Malli to Kali Jhora is about a distance of about twenty-four kilometers which takes around three hours to complete.
• Tarkhola to Malli is about a distance of about twenty kilometers which takes around two hours to complete.
• Tarkhola to 29th Mile is about a distance of about thirty-three kilometers that takes around three hours to complete.
• Rongpo to 29th Mile is about a distance twenty-eight kilometers that take around three hours to complete.
• Tarkhola to Kali Jhora is about a distance of thirty-seven kilometers that takes around five hours to complete.
• Malli to 29th Mile is about a distance of about eleven kilometers that takes about an hour to complete.
• Malli to Rayang is about a distance of about thirteen kilometers and takes about two hours to complete.
• 29th Mile to Kalijhora is about a distance of about eighteen kilometers and takes about two hours to complete.
Riverside Rafting and Camping involves the following costs:
• Rs. 2000 per pax above 20
• Rs. 2300 per pax above 11 to 20
• Rs. 3200 per pax above 6 to 10
Where can I go for bungee jumping in Sikkim?
The place where you can go for bungee jumping in Sikkim is as follows:
• Singshore Bridge: If you wish to push the art of bungee jumping to an extremely different level then you must try bungee jumping at the Singshore Bridge. This is an ideal sport that entertains the tourist to the extremes.
Where can I enjoy paragliding in Sikkim?
The places where you can enjoy paragliding in Sikkim are as follows:
• Paragliding Sikkim - This is located in Gangtok, Sikkim 737103
• Fly Sikkim Adventure – This is located in Lower Sichey Near the bhankari waterfalls by the Ranka Road at Gangtok in Sikkim 737101.
• Sikkim Paragliding - This is located in Sikkim Paragliding Adventure Sports Co-Operative Society Ltd at Gangtok in Sikkim 737103
Which are the pilgrimage sites which are a must visit in Sikkim?
The best pilgrimage site which you must visit in Sikkim are as follows:
• Buddha Park Ravangla
• Guru Padmasambhava Samdruptse
• Kirateshwar Mahadev Temple
• Solophok Chardham
• Phensang Monastery
• Tashiding Monastery
• Enchey Monastery
• Rumtek Dharma Chakra Centre
• Pemayangtse Monastery
Which are the best places to go on a honeymoon in Sikkim?
The best places to go on a honeymoon in Sikkim are as follows:
• Visit beautiful places like Zuluk, Tsomgo Lake, Pelling, Ravangla, and Gangtok.
• Visit splendid resorts like Summit Norling Resort & Spa (Gangtok), Ghonday Village Resort (Kaluk), Yarlam Resort (Lachung), The Elgin Mount Pandim (Pelling) and Magpie Chestnut Retreat (Pelling).
• Try sports activities like Paragliding, Yak Safari, Mountaineering, Mountain biking and River Rafting.
• Try delectable cuisines in splendid restaurants like 9ine Native Cuisine, Y.O.L.O Lounge & Bar, Jungle Café, Hotlix, Desi Bites, Yummy Tummy, Mu Kimchi, Thakali, Dynasty Wine and Dine, Food Court, Roll House, Snow Lion Restaurant, Shuffle Momos, Cafe Live & Loud, The Coffee Shop, Hotel Sher-E-Punjab, Taste Of Tibet, Parivar Restaurant, Chopstick, The-Cube, Wangdi Restaurant, Orchid Restaurant, Big Bowl Restaurant, Kafal Restaurant, South Indian Restaurant, Flavours Inn Bar And Restaurant, Taste of Ravangla Restaurant, Bailey The Restaurant, Apna Dhaba, Yalamber Bar and Restaurant, Tashi Tagey Hotel, Adonai Family Restaurant, Chingthang Hotel and Restaurant, Kookay Restaurant, Melting Point, Thoendel, Hotel Pomra, Wild Flower Retreat and Bamboo Retreat Hotel.
• Worth visiting historic places to visit in Sikkim are Budang Gari Fort, Dubdi Monastery, Sanga Chilling Monastery, Phensang Monastery, Dodrul Chorten, Enchey Monastery, Ralong Monastery, Tusk-La-Khang Monastery, Pemayangtse Monastery, and Rumtek Monastery.
Which are must try aerial activities in Sikkim?
The must-try aerial activities in Sikkim are as follows:
Along with activities like Canoeing, Hang gliding, Mountain biking, Trekking, Mountaineering and Rafting, other aerial activities in Sikkim are Yak Safari, Mountain biking, kayaking, and Paragliding.
Which are some best cycling trails in Sikkim?
Some of the best cycling trails in Sikkim are as follows:
• The trail between Gangtok to Bagdogra
• The trail between Kabi to Gangtok covers about one thousand five hundred and forty-seven meters or twenty kilometers.
• The trail between Rangrang and Kabi covers about one thousand five hundred meters or thirty-two kilometers.
• The trail between Chungthang and Rangrang covers about one thousand meters or thirty-eight kilometers.
• The trail between Lanchen and Chungthang is a twenty-seven kilometers long downhill cycling trail
• The trail between Choptag Valley and Kalapather and finally a visit to the Lanchen
• The trail between Lanchen and Thangu covers about three thousand and twenty meters or thirty-two kilometers.
• The trail between Chungthang and Lachen covers about twenty-seven kilometers or two thousand seven hundred and twenty-eight meters.
• The trail between Yumthang and Chungthang is a forty-five kilometers long downhill cycling tour
• The trail between Lachung and Yumthang covers around three thousand six hundred meters or twenty-four kilometers.
• The trail between Chungthang and Lachung covers around two thousand six hundred and twenty-four meters or twenty-one kilometers.
• The trail between Singhik and Chungthang covers around one thousand sixty-one meters or twenty-six kilometers.
• The trail between Phedang and Singhik covers around one thousand six hundred meters or thirty-three kilometers.
• The trail between Gangtok and Phedang covers around six hundred meters or thirty-one kilometers.
• The trail between Bagdogra and Gangtok
How is nightlife in Sikkim? Where can I enjoy it most?
The places where you can relish the nightlife in Sikkim are as follows:
• Denzong Cinema
• Cafe Live & Loud
• Chowrasta Stores Wines
• MAYFAIR Spa Resort & Casino, Gangtok
• Joey's Pub
• Golden Orchid-The Lodge
• MPH (Multipurpose Hall) NIT Sikkim
• Gatty's Café
• Aroma Bar cum Restaurant
• Cafe Live & Loud
• Officers Club, Zym, Type IV Quarters
• Roadways Karaoke N Bar
• Basement lounge & bistro
• The Circle
• F.L.Liquor Shop
• Basement Lounge & Bistro (Delam)
• Dai-Chi Bar and Restaurant
• Lenora Restaurant And Bar
• Lees Retro Bar & Lounge
• Bishal Pub
• Purple Restaurant & lounge bar
• FatMom Local Bar
• Tiyaaz Bar and Foods
• Desme office
• B.k. Pradhan F.l. Shop
• Resto Lounge Bar
• Merge Bar and Restaurant
• Hotel Orchid
• Garden Hotel
• Hotel Nana
• Vyanjan bar N Restaurant
• BBQ Restobar
• Mulukay Kingfisher Beer Factory
• Escape DISCO
• Lounge 31a