Nature Camping In Mawsynram Meghalaya Highlights
- Experience camping at the wettest place on earth that is blessed with dense forests, stunning waterfalls, enormous caves, and a lot more.
- Wake up from the sounds of birds chirping and explore the natural vicinity around the campsite with a lake at the forefront.
- Experience stargazing with the light of a bonfire amidst the dense forest area.
- Enjoy bird watching and indulge in various fun-filled activities such as trekking, kayaking, fishing, and a lot more.
Nature Camping In Mawsynram Meghalaya Overview
Activity Location: Mawsynram, Shillong
Check-in Time: 01:00 PM (Day 1)
Check-out Time: 11:00 AM (Day 2)
About Nature Camping In Mawsynram Meghalaya:
This well-facilitated campsite is nestled cosily on a lush green landscape that is surrounded by dense forests, spectacular mountains, caves, and a pristine lake at the forefront. Located on the southern slopes of the Khasi Hills & just 4 kms from Mawsynram, Phlang Mawsyrpat Village is neatly tucked away for the adventure and nature lover.
About the Activity:
- Enjoy your stay in the Dome tents that are equipped with regular amenities like common washrooms, sleeping bags, and camping mats.
- One can indulge in various activities at the campsite like trekking, kayaking, fishing, swimming & caving (at own expense).
- The meals include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in the evening.
- The are certain varities in food menu
- Veg (Dinner/ Lunch) includes Dal tadka, Paneer sabji or veg sabji, chapati, steamed rice, salad,
- Non-veg (Dinner/ Lunch) includes Chicken curry, chapati, steamed rice, salad.
- Evening snacks include tea and biscuits.
- breakfast on the second day will be served as Tea, Poha/Sandwiches.
- The timings for the meals will be followed as Evening Tea & Snacks (4 PM -6 PM), Dinner Veg/Non-Veg (Self-service from 8:30 PM -10:30 PM), Breakfast (Tea/Sandwich/Poha from 8 AM - 9 AM), and Bonfire after Dinner.
- Minimum 2 people are required to book this package.
How to Reach:
Nearest Airport: Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati is the nearest airport located at a distance of 179 km from the campsite. One can hire either a taxi or a shared vehicle from the airport to reach the campsite.
Nearest Bus Stop: Mawsynram Bus Stand is the nearest bus stop to the campsite located at a distance of 6.6 km. One can hire either a taxi or a shared vehicle from the bus stand to reach the campsite.
Nearest Railway Station: Guwahati Railway Station is the nearest railway station located at a distance of 188 km from the campsite. One can hire either a taxi or a shared vehicle from the railway station to reach the campsite.
Nature Camping In Mawsynram Meghalaya Itinerary
Select Package Option
Nature Camping with Meals
More Details about Nature Camping In Mawsynram Meghalaya
Know Before You Go for Nature Camping In Mawsynram Meghalaya
- Pan Card & Aadhar is not applicable in Northeast, so carry Passport/Voter ID/Driving license.
- This place doesn't restrict smoking & drinking.
- Washroom facilities are common for everyone.
- Children above 5 year will be charged as adult.
- Don't litter the place.
- Bonfire is common for everyone.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries.
- Any meals or transfers not mentioned in the itinerary are to be considered an exclusion in the deal.
- Guidelines issued by the respective State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of masks recommended.
- Any breakage or damage of any items will be charged at actuals.
- The activity might be delayed or postponed due to weather conditions. In such a scenario, the next best possible time slot will be informed.
Things To Carry for Nature Camping In Mawsynram Meghalaya
- Rain cover
- Water bottle
- Led torch (with extra batteries)
- Mosquito & insect repellent