About Plane in the City
Plane in the City in Kuala Lumpur is a one-of-a-kind restaurant, where you can dine inside a full-sized Boeing 737, while also enjoying unique experiences like walking on the wings of the plane and entering the pilot’s cockpit. It is a striking restaurant located in the heart of the city, which replicates a real-life simulation of being inside an aircraft. The whole restaurant is located inside a Boeing 737 plane that has been grounded. The interiors and ambience, both reflect the interiors of a real plane, with air hostesses serving you and live music keeping you company as you enjoy your meal.
One of the most attractive features of the restaurants is the fact that you can explore all the aspects of an aircraft that you otherwise cannot do when you are flying inside one. Because the restaurant is located inside a real plane on the ground, you can simultaneously enjoy other unique experiences such as walking on the wings of the plane. Apart from taking memorable selfies on the wings, you can also explore the cockpit and look out the windows which can be opened. You can also pose beside the turbine and take incredible photos that would otherwise be impossible to capture in a real airport.
Plane in the City is much more than a traditional restaurant. You can sign up for a 90-minute tour which will start when you “check-in” to the welcome lounge. There are stewardesses who take you around the aircraft for your photo session. As for the meal that is served inside the restaurant, you can expect nothing short of the best meals. The food is prepared by some of the best chefs in the world from Elements in Kuala Lumpur which is a 5-star restaurant, and you can enjoy a delicious 3-course meal aboard your “flight”.
Just like in a real aeroplane, you can book your package or “class” according to your budget. At the end of the experience, you can collect all the photographs you have taken throughout your tour from the lounge while leaving. You can book your seat (in pairs) from beforehand to enjoy a seamless dining experience and a memorable tour of this striking attraction in the heart of Kuala Lumpur.
How to Reach Plane in the City
Kuala Lumpur is a city that is well connected by public transportation as well as private cars that can be hired for tours. Plane in the City is located in the heart of the city, which makes it easily accessible from all parts of the city.
- By car: Metered taxis can be rented throughout the city to take you to Plane in the City. You can hire long-distance or short-distance cabs with the rent starting from RM 3 for short-distances. Although taxis don’t fare without a full set of four people, if you are travelling with less than 4 people, you can also rent out the entire cab. The shortest route from the City Centre is via Jalan Raja Chulan.
- By bus: The local buses ply on 177 different routes in Kuala Lumpur, and you can avail several options when you are travelling from City Centre to Plane in the City. You can go via Jalan Raja Chulan, Jalan Pudu or Jalan Changhkat Thambi Dollah.
- By train: There is also a well-connected metro service in the city of Kuala Lumpur with trains travelling to all parts of the city. From the City Centre, you can walk to Maybank Station and take the Purple Line to KL 84 Pavillion (Timur), which is the closest station to Plane in the City. From the station, it is a short 5-minute walk to the restaurant.
What Not to Miss at Plane in the City
Plane in the City offers many unique attractions such as:
1. 5-star cuisine- Irrespective of your ticket, you can enjoy 3-course fine-dining meals prepared by the expert chefs at Elements by Westin.
2. Cockpit Visit- Visitors are allowed into the pilot’s cockpit where they can take pictures with props, and even peek outside the window for a stunning view.
3. Seat Packages- You can choose from three exciting tour packages which consist of unique experiences and first-class flight experience.
4. Wing Walk- Walking on the wings of a full-sized, real plane is not something you can experience every day, so this is definitely one of the more unique attractions of Plane in the City.
Places to Visit near Plane in the City
There are several interesting places you can visit near Plane in the City, apart from the attraction itself:
1. Beryl’s Chocolate Kingdom- Check out some of the most exotic chocolates in Kuala Lumpur at Beryl’s Chocolate Kingdom, where you can even watch the chocolatiers at work at this fascinating workshop.
2. Kuala Lumpur City Centre- City Centre is possibly one of the most iconic landmarks in Kuala Lumpur, where you can visit luxury shopping boutiques, check out incredible views and stunning hotels.
3. Aquaria KLCC- This is one of the best aquariums in South-East Asia, where you can check out exotic marine creatures and have a wonderful time with friends and family.
4. KLCC Park- This urban park is a welcome oasis of greenery amidst the modern high-rises of Kuala Lumpur where you can enjoy rides and breathe in the fresh air.
Other Essential Information About Plane in the City
- Location: 231, Bukit Bintang Street, Imbi, Kuala Lumpur 55100, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Timings: The restaurant along with a tour is open to the public on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 4:00 pm to 11:30 pm and on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
- Distance from city centre: 2.7km
What to eat in Plane in the City
Depending on the nature of the ticket you buy, you can enjoy a 3-course meal prepared by the kitchens in Elements- a 5-star restaurant. Your menu consists of various options for appetizers and main course, and you can also choose between vegetarian and non-vegetarian options.
Your meal consists of an appetizer like Hokkaido Scallop, Oyster Potage, Smoked Eel, etc. Your main course has options such as Koji Chicken and Braised Beef Cheeks. You finish your meal with a gorgeous Tonka Bean Brulee for dessert, which is available for all the meals, no matter what the category of your ticket.
Places to Stay near Plane in the City
Because the restaurant is in the centre of the city, there are many accommodations near it that you can check out:
1. The RuMa Hotel and Residency- This is a cosy hotel which offers comfortable rooms, in-house cafes and restaurants and late checkouts.
2. WOLO Kuala Lumpur- If you are looking for something more modern, you can also check out the WOLO, which has a meeting room, a wine bar, a fitness centre and much more.