The tiny yet beautiful island of Koh Poda is famous for its picturesque settings. This limestone island is a part of a larger group of islands located off the western coast of Thailand. It is famous for its smooth sandy beaches and clear turquoise sea waters, relatively untouched by human interference which further adds to its appeal.
Despite its small size, Koh Poda has become a popular tourist destination among people visiting Thailand. This uninhabited island is owned by Had Noppharatthara – Mu Koh Phi Phi National Park. So, visitors are required to pay a National Park fee of around 400 baht per person upon arriving on the island.
The island is a haven for nature lovers, who are often mesmerized by its beautiful sights and picture-perfect scenery. People can enjoy different water sports activities like swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking during their time on the island. The main highlight of this place is the limestone cliff that stands tall on its one end.
Many visitors love to explore the island on foot, which proves to be a thrilling experience that makes them feel relaxed. The sugary soft sand of the beach encircles the island almost completely. There is also a vast spread of palm trees forming the inner circle of the island which adds to its amazing beauty.
The heavenly island attracts visitors for various reasons. They can spend a fun time here away from the hustle and bustle of the more crowded beaches and islands that are only a short distance away. The natural beauty surrounding them helps the visitors to unwind and feel refreshed.
• The circular beach of soft white sand gradually gives way to the palm trees as one moves inwards on the island, which has a diameter of around 1 km.
• A beautiful coral reef is located just 20 meters off its shore. It is a perfect place to enjoy snorkeling and watch several varieties of colorful fish in their natural setting.
• The limestone cliff stands tall on one end of the beach and makes a great backdrop for clicking some awesome pictures.
• The calm and clear water off the shore of Koh Poda makes it a great destination to enjoy water sports activities like swimming and kayaking.
• Visitors may also choose to simply lie down on the beach to soak in the warming sun while enjoying the beautiful scenery surrounding them.
By Boat: The only way to reach Koh Poda island is by boat from the nearby beaches of Ao Nang and Rai Leh. The price of the tour varies as per the facilities and level of comfort sought by the visitors. A simple roundabout trip on a long tail boat costs much less than chartering a private boat. The private boat charter often comes with flexible times, an English-speaking guide, and a delicious Thai meal. The boat services from the island stop after 4:00 pm and visitors chartering a boat are generally given a return time of 3:00 pm.
Planning A Trip To Thailand, Book Our Thailand Tour Packages Now!
The best time to visit the island is in the morning, preferably by 9:00 or 10:00 am. This gives the visitors enough time to explore the island as the boat facility closes around 4pm. One can enjoy various activities with less crowd and more open space to relax.
Recommended Read: Things To Do In Thailand
Koh Poda island is a part of an extensive group of largely uninhabited and semi-habited islands along the western coast of Thailand. It is one of the most picturesque islands in the area and offers stunning views of the limestone formations located off its shore. The island is especially known for its sugary soft white sand and the amazing view of the setting sun it offers, thanks to its west-facing location.
Koh Poda is a small island mostly untouched by human interference. Hence it does not have any fancy bars, restaurants, or beach resorts. There are more than enough long-tail boats and speedboats ready to take the visitors on an ocean cruise along the shore. The beautiful scenery of the island makes it a perfect place to enjoy a lazy day in one of the most secluded places on earth.
Snorkeling is a favorite activity enjoyed by people visiting the island. However, the island does not have any shops providing snorkeling equipment to visitors. They need to arrange the same from the tour companies offering such services or bring their own equipment. Visitors can purchase the equipment from shops around the nearby Ao Nang beach at reasonable prices.
There is only a small bar on the island where people can get some drinks and snacks. There are no restaurants on the island so visitors have to make prior arrangements for lunch. Most tour companies offer a packaged lunch to their clients. Given a large number of monkeys on the island, people are advised to take care of their belongings, especially food items.
Recommended Read: Hidden Places In Krabi
1. Plan your trip in the morning to get enough time to explore the island.
2. Carry all your valuables and electronic items in a good waterproof backpack to prevent them from getting wet and damaged.
3. People visiting the island are required to pay a fee of 400 Baht per person to the park rangers as the entrance fee for the national park, hence keep some money in hand.
4. Monkeys are abundant on the island and you need to protect your food and belongings from them.
5. Pack your lunch while visiting the island as there are no restaurants except a small kiosk offering drinks and snacks.
Suggested Read: Places To Visit In Krabi For Honeymoon