With the Krabi day tours, you can delve deeper into the hidden treasures of the mainland, starting from the isolated small islands nearby to the joyous and exuberant nightlife. Krabi is the best place in the entire Thailand where you can relax and get away from the city life.
In addition, with so many different day tours in Krabi, you will be able to choose the best one for discovering the real beauty of the seas, the natural landscape, and many more such treasures in the surroundings. With different tour packages, you can also filter them as per your budget range which is affordable for your pocket.
Krabi has become a tourist hotspot lately. Be it for the busy city life to the peaceful off-beat islands, there are several things you can do in Krabi during the vacation. Islands like Four Island and Koh Phi Phi are great for activities like snorkelling underwater for discovering the corals or you can go take a dip in the hot waters of the Emerald Pool.
If you want to swim and sunbathe along the white sandy beaches of the islands, then Hong Island is one of the best day tours from Krabi. So, get packing because Krabi has a lot in store for you.
People Also Ask About Day Tours in Krabi
Which are the best places to visit on a Krabi day tour?
1. Four Island: If you want to discover the true beauty of the tropical land, you must visit the Four Island day tours from Krabi. These islands are the closest to the Krabi mainland which have become famous for dense forest covers, several rocks of different sizes, and limestone mountains. The four caves are Chicken Island, Si Island, Tub Island, and Poda Island where you can delve deeper into nature's beauty.
Location: Surrounding the Nopparat Thara Beach
Highlight: Snorkeling around coral reefs, enjoying the sun in the white sandy coast of Tub island, visiting the Phrase Nang Cave, and enjoying meal at the Railay Beach restaurant
2. Koh Phi Phi: One of the most adventurous places to visit in the Krabi day tours is Koh Phi Phi island. It's famous for different water sports like snorkeling in the Monkey Beach, visiting the nearby coves, exploring the natural flora and fauna in the National Park, and others. You can even enjoy the local Thai cuisine in the small, homily restaurants lining the island's coastline.
Location: Boat trip distance from Krabi
Highlights: Speedboat racing, snorkelling at Monkey Beach, swimming in Maya Bay, hiking to the Viking Cove and Pileh Cove, visiting the National Park, fishing in the nearby bays, and others
3. Hong Island: Hong Island is one of the closest islands to the Krabi main town which you must visit. It’s not only famous for the natural beauty of lofty mountains, dense forest covers, hiking trails and others but also for the Hong Island National Park. It’s a special marine park where you can come across several water animals and creatures, starting with small sharks to jelly fishes.
Location: Close to the Ao Nang Pier
Highlights: Limestone formed rocks, Hong Lagoon accessible by boats, relaxing under the shades in the white sandy beach, visiting the Hong Marine National Park, snorkelling in the island waters, and others.
4. Emerald Pool: One of the best places included in the day tours from Krabi is the Emerald Pool. Even though the pool is formed from natural hot spring waters, the boundaries and the landscape have manmade touches to it. The rock bed of the pool always remains hot. It is believed that the Emerald Pool has healing and therapeutic properties due to the dissolved minerals in the hot spring waters.
Location: Khlong Thom Nuea, Krabi
Highlights: Dipping in the pool of hot water, relaxing at the pool privately, exploring the nearby lush green forests, and marveling at the landscape from the wooden track.
5. Koh Rok: Koh Rok is the ideal location to visit during Krabi day tours for escaping the hustle-bustle of city life. The island has two parts- the Koh Rock Nai and Koh Rok Nok which are separated by a shallow water creek which you can cross on foot with ease. As there is no human settlement, you can feel at peace, especially due to the silent ambiance, beautiful landscapes, lofty cliffs covering the island, and swimming in the turquoise blue water washing the shore of the island.
Location: 30 kilometers to the southern direction of Koh Lanta
Highlights: Visiting the black limestone beach, exploring the banyan jungle, hiking the cliffs, fishing in the sea waters, scuba diving.
6. Thalane Mangrove: If you truly want to enjoy the Krabi day tours, visiting the Thalane Mangrove forest is a must. The island is mostly covered with mangrove forest with narrow backwater creeks which you can cover in the kayak boats. One particular section within the mangrove forest has been marked as a water pool for those who want to take a dip in the soothing waters. One of the best things about the Thalane Mangrove forest is the bordering limestone cliffs covered with dense, green forests.
Location: Ao Thalane Island, Krabi
Highlights: Swimming in the artificial pools, kayaking through the mangrove forests, discovering the wild lifeforms, visiting the Tha Pam Kong Song Nam, exploring the natural flora and fauna at the Khao Phanom Bencha National Park.
Which are the best islands to visit from the Krabi Day tour?
1. Koh Poda: If you are confused with the island day tours from Krabi, start with the Koh Poda. One part of the island always remains filled with crowds while the other part is kind of desolated for peace. Snorkelling and kayaking are the two major water sports you can engage into while visiting the island.
2. Ko Mai Phai: On your way to the Phi Phi Island, you can visit this small isolated island in the Krabi day tours. The white sandy beach is perfect for relaxing under the sun and watching the blue waves crashing against the shoreline. You can visit the Bamboo forest to the northern side of the island for more adventure.
3. Ko Kland: The closest island that you can cover during the day tours from Krabi is the Ko Klang. It’s an off-beat location where you can find rice fields covered with purple color. Moving deeper into the island is the cave called the Khao Khanab Nam. You can also visit the local villages to discover the Batik painting.
4. Ko Lanta Yai: The beaches surrounding the island are filled with beautiful corals that you can discover via snorkelling. Several caves are there deeper into the island with waterfalls descending down the cliffs. You can also book tickets for a show at one of the Thai kickboxing stadiums in the island.
What is the best time to visit Krabi?
To visit Krabi, the best time is between November and mid March. As most Krabi day tours include visiting islands and other parts, you cannot visit the place during the rainy season. That's why November to March is the best time to visit Krabi. Also, during these months, the climate is quite soothing and enjoyable.
How to reach Krabi?
If you are travelling directly from Bangkok, plenty of local buses are available. It will take you around 10 hours to reach Krabi. During the journey, you can revel in the beauty of the changing landscapes. In case you are in Phuket, you can avail the local buses to reach Krabi within just 3 to 4 hours.
What is Krabi famous for?
The Krabi day tours are famous for the beautiful landscape surrounding the Thai town. You can visit the nearest islands surrounding Krabi to experience the tropical beauty and get engaged in several water activities or embark on the hike trails. In addition, Krabi is also famous for the places like the Tiger Cave Temple, night markets, rock climbing in Railay Island, and others.
Does Krabi have good nightlife?
Yes, indeed Krabi has a wonderful nightlife. After the tiring Krabi day tours, you can relax for a bit at the hotel and then visit the city at night. Starting from street entertainment concerts to the authentic Thai markets, there are several places you can visit in Krabi during the night time.
Is Krabi or Phuket better?
Both the islands are famous for relaxation and natural beauty. But Krabi is more famous than Phuket as from Krabi, you can visit several off-beat islands and enjoy both the land and marine life. You can take part in snorkelling, speed boat racing , hiking through the limestone cliffs, and many more.
How expensive is Krabi?
Krabi is not too expensive nor too cheap. You will have several accommodation options in Krabi that will fit your budget range. Moreover, you can visit the landmarks without having to pay an entry fee for most of the places. There are several markets in Krabi where you can find different items, with varying price ranges. Be it the cheap mementos to the pricey antique items, you won’t have to worry about your pocket getting drained.
Is Phi Phi island closer to Krabi or Phuket?
The Phi Phi Island is closer to Krabi than Phuket. If you are hiring a speedboat from Krabi, you can reach the island within half an hour maximum. But if you want to visit the Phi Phi island from Phuket, you need to first visit Krabi and then take a boat to reach the island.