Baba Budangiri is a sacred pilgrimage spot in Chikmagalur for both the Hindu and Muslim communities. It is famous for its shrine of Hazrat Dada Hayath Mir Khalander who was a 17th century Sufi saint. The place is also notable for the caves which are believed to be once the residence of Sri Dattatreya Swamy. Baba Budangiri is one of the most picturesque places to visit in Chikmagalur and also famous among the thrill seekers for its trekking and hiking opportunities.
These peaks naturally form in the shape of a crescent moon and makes an idyllic landscape for the photographers and nature lovers in Chikmagalur. The trekking trail between Mullayanagari and Baba Budangiri is an ecstatic experience for many tourists. Another prominent attraction of Baba Budangiri is the famous Manikyadhara Falls and the wild Kurinji flower blooms which happens every 12 years at this mountain. This last spectacle happened in the year 2006 and the next one is expected to happen in 2018.
• Height: It is at a height of 1895 metres.
• Location: Baba Budangiri, Nagenahalli, Karnataka
• Best Time to visit: It is best to visit here from September to March.
• Entry fee: Free
• Timings: It can be visited any time during the day.
• Distance from Chikmagalur Bus Stand: The distance between the two places is approximately 35 kilometres.