One of the most spectacular attractions in Chikmagalur is Mullayanagiri that is known for its jaw dropping natural beauty. With its calming ambience formed by lush greenery, misty weather and rugged rocks, Mullayanagiri is a heavenly place to relish your vacation. Mullayanagiri Peak is a heaven for adventure junkies who wish to partake in a number of thrilling activities like road biking, trekking and mountain biking.
This place is also renowned for a small temple dedicated to Tapasvi Mullappa swamy and a trek to the peak takes one through many landmarks like some caves, a stream and a Nandi statue. Mullayanagari is one of the few places to visit in Chikmagalur where you will find yourself at loss of words as you behold the most majestic views of the landscape.
• Height: Mullayanagiri is at an altitude of 1950 metres above sea level
• Location: Baba Budan Giri Range of Western Ghats, Chikmagalur, Karnataka
• Best Time to visit: One can visit here for the best experience from late September till early March.
• Entry fee: Free
• Timings: It is open throughout the day. However, it is advised to avoid visiting during the dark hours of the day.
• Distance from Chikmagalur Bus Stand: It is located approximately 20 kilometres away from Chikmagalur Bus Stand