Also known as Nellikayi Theertha, this beautiful waterfall is amongst the most picturesque attractions in Chikmagalur and offers a great retreat for everyone. The name Manikyadhara means ‘string of pearls’ and derives its name due to the natural phenomenon where its water falls in droplets shining bright in sunlight. It makes for a serene landscape and a wonderful spot for picnicking and photography. This place is considered as a paradise for bikers, trekkers and die-hard nature lovers.
There is a popular legend that says saint Baba Budan came here in search of water and after his prayers the place was blessed with water that flows from this waterfall. This place is a sacred spot for both Hindus and Muslims and it is believed that a bathe in its waters can cure one of ailments. Tourists can also find many shops in the vicinity which sell herbal medicines.
• Height: It is at a height of 30 feet above the ground.
• Location: Manikyadhara Falls, Baba Budangiri Hills, Karnataka
• Best Time to visit: September to May is the best time to visit here
• Entry fee: Free
• Timings: Tourists are advised to visit Manikyadhara Falls during day time.
• Distance from Chikmagalur Bus Stand: It is approximately 34 kilometres from the bus stand in Chikmagalur.