Gulmarg Honeymoon PackagesGulmarg honeymoon tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Gulmarg romantic packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Gulmarg packages for couple with exciting deals & offers.
Gulmarg, meaning 'meadow of flowers’ is a scenic destination that flaunts snow clad mountains, lush green valleys, and pristine lakes. It is a charming honeymoon destination that is often frequented by couples who love pretty landscapes and snow. Thrillophilia helps in giving you the best of Gulmarg honeymoon packages to make your trip lovely with an extra dose of romance. We have crafted an exclusive Gulmarg honeymoon tour packages with dinners, sightseeing, adventure and rides to pamper you during your honeymoon and uplift your romantic mood. With our customised Gulmarg honeymoon packages, you have the privilege of selecting the places you wish to visit and the experiences you want to be a part of.
The best part of booking your Gulmarg honeymoon tour packages with Thrillophilia is that we can tailor the package based on your budget requirements and still offer you the best. We make sure to include the attractions and activities based on your ideology of honeymoon and make your trip as personal as possible. Some of the major landmarks that you will visit with our honeymoon package are Alpather Lake, Ningle Nallah, Khilanmarg and Apharwat Peak. For the couples looking for adventure activities, we have winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, sledding and ice-skating in our package.
Places to Visit on Gulmarg Honeymoon Trip:1. Alpather Lake: Nestled between the twin peaks of Apharwat Mountains, Alpather Lake is a scenic place to visit with your spouse. It is a charming, secluded and high-altitude lake at a height of 4390 metres above sea level. With snow-capped mountains, green meadows and pretty flowers in the background, Alpather Lake is a must-include in your Gulmarg honeymoon packages. During the winter months from November to June, the lake looks like a frozen glassy top and hence is commonly known as the Frozen Lake. The trek to reach the lake covers a distance of 13 kilometres crossing Gulmarg, Khilanmarg and Apharwat Ridge and is moderately difficult.
2. Ningle Nallah: Ningle Nallah is a beautiful mountain stream with cold pristine waters flowing through lush green valleys. The main source of water for Ningle Nallah is the Alpather Lake and the melting of ice at Apharwat Peak. The surrounding snow-clad mountains, green meadows and pretty wildflowers add to the beauty and splendour of the landscape. The picturesque beauty of Ningle Nallah makes you feel as if you are in the middle of a romantic movie. Camping near the gurgling waters of the stream and gazing at the night sky is one of the few things you do not want to miss during your honeymoon tour.
3. Khilanmarg: Located at about 6 kilometres away from Gulmarg, Khilanmarg is a small yet scenic valley with spectacular views of the highest Himalayan peaks. You can walk the entire stretch from Gulmarg or hire a pony to reach Khilanmarg. The valley is a mini paradise covered with vibrant blossoms during summer and turns into a skier’s dream during winter. You can witness the mesmerising views of Nanga Parbat and the twin peaks of Nun and Kun from the valley. A perfect blend of nature’s beauty and adventurous snow sports, the Khilanmarg is a great place to include in your Gulmarg honeymoon packages.
4. Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve: Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve is one of the best places to visit in Gulmarg for couples who are wildlife enthusiasts. Spread across 180 square kilometres, the reserve is the home to numerous flora, fauna and birds. Surrounded by hills on all sides, Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve has a rich biodiversity where many rare and endangered species are nurtured. Brown bear, leopard, serow, hangul, red fox, blue rock pigeon, griffon and snow cock are some of the species you can spot in the sanctuary. The beauty of the reserve unfolds and becomes a bird watcher's paradise from March to May when the flowers are in full blossom.
5. St. Mary’s Church: St. Mary’s Church, built during British rule in the 20th century, is a peaceful and divine place to visit in Gulmarg. This Roman Catholic Church, with the grey stone walls, green tiled roof, wooden trimmings and stained glass artwork, is a testimonial to the charm of Victorian architecture. You can see beautiful frescoes depicting different stories from the Bible inside the church. The church is surrounded by Gulmarg Golf Course on three sides and snow-capped mountains on the other side. The backdrop comprises verdant green pastures, soaring pine trees and majestic mountains which add to the beauty of the church.
6. Apharwat Peak: Apharwat Peak in Pir Panjal mountain range is one of the most visited destinations in Gulmarg honeymoon tour packages owing to its alluring beauty. Perched at an altitude of 4390 metres above sea level, the peak offers stunning views of the landscape and the LOC. It receives snowfall and remains covered in thick blankets of snow throughout the year. Apharwat Peak is the hub of winter sports in Gulmarg and is the longest ski slope in Asia. Getting to the peak depends on weather conditions and if the climate is harsh, you will have to compromise the plan for the day.
7. Strawberry Valley: If you are looking for secluded tourist spots in your Gulmarg honeymoon packages, Strawberry Valley is the perfect place to visit. The lush green meadows dotted with bright red strawberries make the valley a quaint place to visit with your loved one. It is a hidden gem located behind a hill and is devoid of heavy tourist crowds which adds to the unspoiled beauty of the valley. You can take a stroll through the farm, enjoy a picnic under the shade of a tree, taste the ripe strawberries, juices and milkshakes and even collect some fruits on your way back home.
8. Ferozepur Nallah: Boasting of bountiful natural beauty and extreme tranquillity, Ferozepur Nallah or Shinmahinyu is a charming mountain stream that flows through the valleys between Chinamarg and Nupur Pass. It is a freshwater lake originating from Ferozepur Peak whose sparkling waters are apt for drinking and fishing. Situated at a distance of 5 kms from Gulmarg, the stream is a blissful destination that is ideal for a romantic getaway, picnic or a leisurely trip. The stream provides stunning panoramic views of the scenic landscape and hence you can capture dreamy photos with your spouse.
9. Drung Waterfall: One of the most frequented places in Gulmarg, Drung Waterfall in Tangmarg tehsil is a majestic cascade amid lofty mountains. The most attractive aspect of Drung Waterfall is that the water of the fall freezes creating huge icicles during winter when the temperature drops below zero degrees. The frozen waterfall along with the ice-covered lakes and streams is a mesmerising sight to behold. During summers, the waterfall becomes a serene place surrounded by lush greenery and a romantic landscape. You can explore the surrounding caves, visit the nearby temple and enjoy a cup of tea and hot snacks from the local stalls.
10. Lien Marg: Located 10 km from Gulmarg at an altitude of 8700 feet above sea level, Lien Marg is a picturesque place gifted with abundant natural beauty. It is flanked by dense pine forests and grass-covered terrain which makes the place a dreamy destination in Gulmarg honeymoon tour packages. During winter, Lien Marg turns into a resort for hosting thrilling snow sports and camping. You can also enjoy other adventure activities like trekking, rock climbing and nature walks. To reach Lien Marg, you have to cross Ningle Nallah by either hiring a pony or walking across the bridge.
Things to Do on Gulmarg Honeymoon Tour:1. Enjoy the gondola ride: If you wish to witness the aerial beauty of the scenic surroundings, majestic mountains and dense pine woods of Gulmarg, go on the iconic Gondola ride. It is the highest cable car in Asia and passes through snow-capped mountains and the lush green meadows of Khilanmarg. The gondola ride operates in two phases- from Gulmarg to Kongdori at an altitude of 2600 metres and then till Apharwat Mountain that stands at a height of 3737 metres.
2. Hike to Alpather Lake: Trekking to the Alpather Lake is one of the exciting things to include in your Gulmarg honeymoon packages for adventurous couples. The trek is a 13-kilometre long trail on rugged terrain from Gulmarg via Khilanmarg and hence is moderately difficult for beginners. Alternatively, you can also choose the short 1.5-kilometre hike from the Gondola Phase II to reach the lake. If you are low on stamina, you can hire a pony to take you to the Alpather Lake.
3. Indulge in skiing and snowboarding: Adventure couples looking for thrilling activities in their Gulmarg honeymoon tour packages can sign up for skiing and snowboarding experiences. Gulmarg has the world’s third-highest ski resort at an altitude of 3979 metres and is the home to some of the best ski slopes covered in powdery snow. The prime attraction for skiing and snowboarding is the Apharwat peak which provides you with mesmerising views of the majestic mountains, pine forests and green meadows.
4. Take pictures in Ningle Nallah: Ningle Nallah is a photographer’s paradise thanks to the scenic landscape comprising snow clad mountains, dense pine trees, beautiful wild flowers and lush green meadows. It is a must-visit destination in Gulmarg honeymoon tour packages as you can click dreamy pictures with your better half and admire the pretty views around the stream. If you wish to spend some peaceful and quiet time together, you can also go on a picnic in the areas around Ningle Nallah.
5. Go for a picnic at Strawberry Valley: The unexplored beauty of Gulmarg, Strawberry Valley, is a delightful place to visit during a honeymoon tour due to its pristine elegance and serenity. Couples who wish to spend some quiet time together away from the bustle of tourist crowds can plan a day out at the Strawberry Valley. You can grab a basket and walk through the strawberry plantations, collect the juicy strawberries and enjoy a picnic under the shade of a tree.
6. Enjoy nature walk in Khilanmarg: Khilanmarg is an exquisite valley blessed with abundant beauty that you can never miss witnessing in your Gulmarg honeymoon packages. It is a tranquil spot flanked by majestic mountains, verdant pastures, and crystal clear streams. You can either walk or hire a pony to Khilanmarg and enjoy the snowy terrain, tall deodar trees and vibrant blossoms on the way. The romantic ambience and amorous landscape in Khilanmarg sets the mood right for your honeymoon tour.
7. Admire the scenic views from Apharwat Peak: In case you are looking for a dreamy setting in Gulmarg to spend some quality time with your partner and click romantic pictures, head to Apharwat Peak. The peak is covered in snow throughout the year and looks picture perfect with the snow-capped mountains and blue skies in the background. A horse ride through the white meadows and a nature walk amidst the snowy terrain gives a moment of solitude and intimacy unlike other places in Gulmarg which make it must to include in your Gulamrg honeymoon packages
8. Relish local cuisine: Trying local cuisines of Kashmir is one of the best things to do in Gulmarg for foodie couples. When in Gulmarg, you can never miss the Wazwan and Kahwa. Wazwan is a special platter with 32 dishes, out of which Rogan Josh and Gustabha are the most delicious. Kahwa is a soul-stirring Kashmiri tea infused with cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and saffron. Dum Aloo, Matar Pulao, Tujj and Shab Deg are some of the other popular Kashmiri dishes.
Best Time for Gulmarg Tour:The best time to go for Gulmarg honeymoon trip is during the summer months from March to June when the weather is pleasant and favourable for sightseeing. The temperature is moderate and the climate is neither scorching hot nor shivering cold. If you wish to experience the snow and take part in winter sports, visit Gulmarg during December to February.
Bigger Group? Get special offers upto 50% off!
We create unforgettable adventures, customised for your group.