Set at an altitude of 2000 feet above sea level, this 6 km walk is actually a miniature valley and one of the most sought after places to visit in Gulmarg with our Kashmir packages. It is surrounded by majestic sights of the mighty Himalayas and some of its tallest peaks. Apart from immense natural beauty, Khilanmarg also offers opportunities for plenty of adventure sports here.
This miniature valley in Gulmarg is an extremely favored attraction among visitors primarily because of its immeasurable natural beauty with some of the most spectacular views of the highest Himalayan peaks. It is a perfect amalgamation of nature’s bounty and a plethora of adventure sports, making it a much sought after destination among thousands of visitors.
Counted among the top spots in Gulmarg that are most visited, Khilanmarg is also very popular among tourists looking for a place that is off the beaten track as it is hardly commutable by regular vehicles. You will either need to walk the entire stretch from Gulmarg or hire a pony to bring you here. In summers, the valley is breathtaking when it is covered with beautiful species of colorful flowers that blossom around this time and carpet the entire area in vibrant hues. In winters, with thick layers of snow, the gentle undulations of the valley become a great hit among skiing enthusiasts. Apart from that, you can also get a rare and awe-inspiring view up close of the scintillating peak of Nanga Parbat (8,137m high and the fifth highest mountain peak in the world) and the twin peaks of Nun and Kun (both at a height of 7,100m) from Khilanmarg.
Checkout & Book: Cheapest Trip Package For Kashmir
• The pristine valley of Khilanmarg is located just 4km away from the Gulmarg bus stop
• You can easily reach Khilanmarg on foot by crossing the meadows of the valley. Alternately you can take a pony ride to reach here
• It is one of the most visited places in Gulmarg for its picturesque beauty and peaceful surroundings
• The ascent from Gulmarg to Khilanmarg is about 2,000 feet
• You can catch clear views of some of the tallest Himalayan peaks from here including the Nanga Parbat and the twin peaks of Nun and Kun.
• The best time to visit Khilanmarg is between the months of May and September. For those who wish to explore the winter sports options available here, the best months to visit would be between November and February
• You can also get views of the water bodies like the Jhelum, Dal and Wular as well as the Shankaracharya Temple from here
Here is the list of best Kashmir Tour Packages that you can book with Thrillophilia: