Activities in GulmargWant to load your bucket list with snow, excitement, love and adventure with things to do in Gulmarg? Gulmarg, meaning, meadows of flower truly lives up to its given name. The endless meadows, snow-kissed peaks, flower valleys, river streams, beautiful lakes and pine forest; all add to the incredible natural beauty of the place and makes it a wonderful location to perform the different activities in Gulmarg ranging from relaxing to adventurous one.
Being a power-packed destination with so many activities to do in Gulmarg such as trekking, skiing, snowboarding, natural walks, cable car riding, the place serves the taste and likes of both adventure junkies and nature enthusiasts. The best part is that all the activities are open for tourists round the year.
Skiing is one activity offered in Gulmarg which has earned recognition for itself in different parts of the world, with loads of foreign tourists flocking in Gulmarg just to enjoy a skiing experience. The Gondola cable car ride is one of the unique activities offered in Gulmarg. The beautiful paradisiacal destination helps you reconnect with nature and offers peace of mind in every way one can desire for couples, families, youngsters alike.
Things to Do in Gulmarg
People Also Ask About Gulmarg Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Gulmarg on a honeymoon?
1. Admiring the mesmerizing Apharwat Peak: Among the most romantic things to do in Gulmarg, catching the glimpse of the Apharwat Peak positioned near the LOC tops the list. Being snow-packed round the year, a romantic horse ride in the white meadows can get you to experience some of the panoramic views right from the hilltop.
2. Signing up for Snowboarding and Skiing Experience: One of the activities to do in Gulmarg for the adventure eyeing couple comes in the form of gliding the epic slopes of the snow-covered mountains. Gulmarg is famous for its skiing experience throughout the world. So, don't forget to ski in Gulmarg with your partner.
3. Food tour in Gulmarg: It says the way to a man's heart is through the stomach. Well, it's true for women also. So, feast upon the local delicacies of Gulmarg particularly the Rogan Josh, Dum Aloo, Matar Pulav, Tujj etc. The speciality of this place comes in the form of pink tea, do try it! Another dessert of this super romantic place is halwa paratha.
4. Spending the day at Alpather Lake: Still, confused about what to do in Gulmarg with your better half? Add the Alpather Lake to your itinerary which is 13 km from Gulmarg. You can take the trek to reach the lake or a pony ride. If you visit this lake in the summer, you and your partner can experience the heavenly sight of beautiful flowers.
Planning to Visit Srinagar, Checkout & Book: Srinagar Tour Packages
Which are the best adventure activities to do in Gulmarg?
1. Skiing experience at Apharwat Peak: Adventure enthusiasts can indulge in skiing as one of the best things to do in Gulmarg particularly, in winters. The lush greenery of coniferous forest surrounding the snowy mountains can give the adrenaline rush while gliding down.
2. Gondola Ride: One of the exciting activities to do in Gulmarg is the Gondola ride at Kongdori Gulmarg Gondola which is the 2nd highest cable car line in the entire world. The ride offers splendid views of Khilanmarg, Gulmarg, LOC, Pir Panjal and Nanda Devi ranges. This Gondola ride takes you to an altitude as high as 12,300 feet.
3. Trekking towards Alpather Lake: One of the adventurous activities in Gulmarg is trekking around the magical frozen lake of Alpather lake which is located at a height of approximately 4400 meters. One can witness enormous chunks of ice floating on the lake to add a sparkle effect to the entire view.
4. Visit Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve: Spread over an area of nearly 180 sq km, the Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve is an abode to some of the common yet rare species of flora, fauna and avifauna. The reserve is located at an altitude of 4300 meters above sea level and allows tourists to witness the charming biodiversity present in this reserve.
Planning for Honeymoon in Kashmir, Checkout & Book: Kashmir Honeymoon Packages
Which are the famous things to buy in Gulmarg?
If you are thinking about what to do in Gulmarg in terms of shopping, then there are no big shopping zones there in Gulmarg. There are small outlets that give a fabulous choice of shopping, and you, thus, even have the choice to negotiate on the prices. The specialty of buying at this place is plucking the loose tea leaves from tea estates. However, it is recommended to visit Srinagar, if you want to indulge in an extensive buying spree. Here are a few of the things you can buy when in Gulmarg:
Kashmiri pherans (woolen robe)
Astounding silk carpets
Checkout & Book: Cheapest Trip Package For Kashmir
How much does skiing cost in Gulmarg?
Gulmarg is a popular destination for ski lovers, both amateur and professional skiers. The average skiing cost with a 30-minute training is INR 3,000.
Is it safe to visit Gulmarg?
Gulmarg is one of the safest tourist destinations one can plan to go to. It has modern frills and ensures to create a comfortable stay for the tourist due to the adequate presence of medical shops, hospitals, police stations etc. Also, the place is usually not affected by the unrest that goes on in the other parts of Kashmir. But, it is better to take an informed decision when planning a trip to Gulmarg to indulge in adventure soaked activities to do in Gulmarg.
Suggested Read: Best Places To Visit in Kashmir
How can I spend 4 days in Gulmarg?
Gulmarg is such a charming location that spending 2 days is sufficient in books, but to satisfy the inner soul, one can spread the itinerary of 4 days. You can visit all the popular places and spend a considerable time there. You can take part in various things to do in Gulmarg, ranging from skiing, trekking to nature walks and snow-boarding etc.
Recommended Read: Best Places to See near Jammu
How many days are sufficient for a Gulmarg trip?
Although you can spend a lifetime exploring and appreciating the beauty of Gulmarg, a 2-day expedition is considered to be sufficient to explore the attractions in Gulmarg. The things to do in Gulmarg can even be managed as a day trip from Srinagar.
The Igloo Café, popularly called the ‘Snowglu’ has been set up at the renowned Kolahoi ski resort in Gulmarg. Inspired by a similar concept in Switzerland, the creator of the igloo Syed Wasim Shah brought the same right here in Gulmarg. The café is set up during the snow season and is built completely out of snow. When guests sit inside the café, they can enjoy marvelous views of pristine white snow all around as well as snow covered slopes in the distance. Inside, the café has a number of tables which are completely made of snow along with a large centerpiece which too is carved out of snow. The walls are decorated with intricate patterns and the doorway is arched. Guests who visit here can enjoy a variety of food and beverages. Are you wondering if the interiors of the Igloo Café will be extremely cold? The answer is no because the thick walls of the igloo acts as an excellent insulator and keeps the atmosphere within, warm. The Igloo Café, owing to its unique concept, attracts tourists from all across the country in the holiday season. In 2021, the igloo café that had been built was the highest in Asia.Checkout & Book: Kashmir Tour Package from Kolkata
Imambara Goom is a religious site that is situated close to Baramulla in Gulmarg and one of the best places to visit if you are looking for positive vibes and spirituality. It is also one of the most popular and much visited attractions in Gulmarg. The location of the Imambara is amid exotic natural beauty and you can catch panoramic views of the Himalayan range on all sides. The tranquility of the atmosphere gets further enhanced by the views of the snow dusted mountains. The atmosphere becomes absolutely magical and supremely soothing when the sunshine radiates lovely shades after striking across the snow on the high mountain tops. The air is clear and unpolluted that not only refreshes your whole body but also cleanses your soul. It is thus an ideal locale for not only the peace seekers but also for nature lovers and adventure seekers.The exotic surrounding beauty of the place draws photography enthusiasts to it as well in search of the perfect shot. You can also carry a picnic basket and enjoy a fun-filled afternoon with kids, family and friends here.Checkout & Book: Kashmir Tour Package from Pune