Srinagar Honeymoon Packages
If you are seeking a romantic vacation in the lap of nature, amidst the snow-clad mountains in Kashmir, Thrillophilia has the perfectly crafted Srinagar honeymoon packages for you. These well-planned and fully organized packages come with an amazing itinerary, comfortable pre-booked accommodation, clean vehicle for sightseeing, and other facilities for a convenient tour. On booking your honeymoon packages with Thrillophilia, you will also receive 24/7 travel assistance on the go for an easy and hassle-free trip.
On your honeymoon tour to Srinagar, you can visit the most picturesque landmarks of this paradise including the Shalimar Bagh, Nishat Bagh, Chashme Shahi, Char Chinar, and other famous attractions. You can also take local food tasting tours, go shopping for authentic Kashmiri products, take Shikara rides on the famous Dal Lake, and enjoy traditional houseboat stays.
With a plethora of amazing Srinagar honeymoon packages available on Thrillophilia, you have the opportunity to select from a wide range of options, depending on your needs and budget. You can also easily reach out to the Thrillophilia team for customized tour packages, matching your particular point of interests.
Places to Visit on Srinagar Honeymoon Tour:1. Dal Lake: Nicknamed fondly as the ‘Jewel of Srinagar’, the Dal Lake is one of the most common inclusions of almost every Srinagar honeymoon packages. Spanned across a vast area of a whopping 15 kilometers, this is the second-largest lake in the state. Adorned beautifully with vibrant gondolas floating all over, the crystal clear water of the lake reflects the breathtaking snow-covered Pir Panjal mountain peaks. One of the major attractions of Dal Lake is the bustling floating market with local vendors selling various authentic products like saffron, handicrafts, and fruits on colorful shikaras. During the winters, the frozen surface of the lake offers excellent opportunities to enjoy ice skating.
2. Shalimar Bagh: Set overlooking the spectacular Dal Lake, the breathtaking Shalimar Bagh was commissioned by the Mughal Emperor Jahangir for his wife Noor Jahan, back in 1619. Also known as Farah Baksh and Faiz Baksh, this garden is spread across a vast area of over 30 acres and showcases excellent Mughal architecture. It is a home to breathtaking vibrant gardens and many impressive man-made structures including as many as 410 stunning fountains. The garden features a total of three terraces, namely Diwan-e-Khas, Diwan-e-Aam, and Zenana Garden with each one having a water pool and fountains and a must visit place to explore on Srinagar honeymoon tour.
3. Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden: Nestled on the foothills of the magnificent Zabarwan mountains, overlooking the Dal Lake, Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden is known to be the largest tulip garden in Asia. Known previously as Model Floriculture Center, this garden houses around 48 different varieties of tulips and a plethora of other species of flora, such as hyacinths, daffodils, narcissus, ranunculus, and roses. Laid out in a sloping style over seven terraces, the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden is a hotspot for couples to spend some quality time and click pictures.
4. Nishat Bagh: Known as the “Garden of Bliss”, the picturesque Nishat Bagh happens to be the second-largest Mughal garden in Srinagar after the famous Shalimar Bagh. Commissioned by the elder brother of Noor Jahan, Asif Khan back in 1633, this garden depicts the architectural design of that of a typical Persian garden. Encompassed by tall chinar trees, the Nishat Bagh features a total of 12 terraces, several stunning fountains, and an extensive collection of beautiful kaleidoscopic flowers. Each terrace is home to a diverse flora including cyprus and china trees, lilies, and roses. So Add this place to visit on your Srinagar honeymoon tour.
5. Chashme Shahi: Depicting “The Royal Spring” in English, the postcard-perfect Chashme Shahi is one of the three popular Mughal Gardens in Srinagar, with the other two being Shalimar Bagh and Nishat Bagh. Commissioned by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan and built by Ali Marda Khan back in 1632 AD, this vibrant terraced garden is home to spectacular water pools, beautiful flora, and well-maintained walkways. One of the primary attractions of this garden is its natural freshwater spring known as Rupa Bhawani, which was originally unearthed by a saint with the same name and a must visit place to explore with your srinagar honeymoon packages.
6. Char Chinar: A small pristine island on the famous Dal Lake, Char Chinar must be added to the itinerary of the Srinagar honeymoon packages of every peace and leisure-seeking couple. Surrounded by tall chinar trees on all sides, this postcard-perfect man-made island was commissioned by Murad Baksh, the brother of the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb. Visitors can easily take a shikara ride on the Dal Lake and access this stunning island to explore its sheer beauty and soak in its calmness and tranquility.
7. Nigeen Lake: Flaunting azure waters and a picture-perfect ambiance, the beautiful Nigeen Lake lies next to the famous Dal Lake. Surrounded by tall poplar and willow trees on all sides, the lake is shrouded with colorful houseboats for guests to enjoy a splendid stay on the waters. Couples visiting the Nigeen Lake can spend time enjoying a romantic shikara ride, catching the breathtaking sunset, and soaking in the mesmerizing views of the pristine natural landscape and this makes it a must visit place on your Srinagar honeymoon tour. Visitors seeking thrill and adventure can also dive into the lake for a swim, which of course will make for a memorable experience.
8. Salim Ali National Park: Spread across an area of around 9 square kilometers, the breathtaking Salim Ali National Park is named after the renowned ornithologist Salim Ali. Known formerly as the City Forest National Park, this park is home to umpteen varieties of endangered animals and birds and is famous for its spectacular mangrove forests. Some of the easily spotted wildlife species in this national park include Himalayan black bear, Kashmiri stag, the Lesser Kestrel, Bengal florican, flying fox, leopard, hangul, musk deer, and swamp francolin. The national park also has an animal rehabilitation center, a taxidermy museum, and many picnic spots.
9. Pari Mahal: Set above the famous Mughal Garden, Chashme Shahi, the majestic Pari Mahal translates to “The abode of angels” in English. The palace is set amidst a lush beautiful garden packed with exotic fruit trees and vibrant flora. Commissioned by Dara Shikoh, the eldest son of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, the Pari Mahal flaunts a brilliant traditional Islamic-style architectural design. Couples can include Pari Mahal in their Srinagar honeymoon packages and visit this place to admire the impressive architecture of the palace and relax in the pristine gardens surrounding it.
10. Badamwari Garden: A piece of heaven on earth, the postcard-perfect Badambari Garden lies at the foothills of Hari Parbat and sprawls over the Koh-e-Maran hills. One of the most recommended places to add to your Srinagar honeymoon packages, this place will offer you the chance to unwind and spend some romantic time amidst the vibrant lush shrubbery. As its name suggests, one of the prime attractions of Badambari Garden is its spectacular almond flowers that bloom during the spring season. Dating back to the 14th century, this garden also has an impressive dome and many beautiful nature trails to take a secluded walk on.
Things to Do on Srinagar Honeymoon:1. Take a Hand-in-Hand Stroll Through the Mughal Gardens: When you are in Srinagar with your partner, consider taking a hand-in-hand stroll through the three famous Mughal Gardens namely Shalimar Bagh, Nishat Bagh, and Chashme Shahi. As you walk through these postcard-perfect gardens, admire their mesmerizing Persian architecture, soak in the enchanting smell of the colorful flowers, and sit and relax on the lush green grasses. You may also want to capture some great couple pictures with the water pools, fountains, canals, and flower beds serving as the most beautiful backdrop ever!
2. Stay In A Traditional Houseboat: One of the main highlights of every Srinagar honeymoon tour package is a memorable stay in a traditional houseboat. A stay in the wooden houseboat with a beautiful traditional Kashmiri decor will let you experience the lifestyle of the locals closely. Spending a romantic night on the lake, surrounded by the serene atmosphere will offer you peace, solitude, and a memorable stay in the lap of nature. It will be a lifetime’s worth of experience, sleeping to the lullabies of the gurgling lake and waking up to the breathtaking views of the sunrise.
3. Enjoy Shikara Ride On Dal Lake: If you are visiting Srinagar with your partner, taking a ride on the colorful shikara, on the sparkling waters of Dal Lake is a must. During this romantic and serene shikara ride with your partner, soak in the 360 degrees panoramic views of the snow-clad Himalayan mountains, surrounding the lake on all sides. There are many circuits for taking long shikara rides on the lake, with the one starting from Nehru Park and passing by Hazratbal, Nagin, Rainawari and back.
4. Go Boating on the Manasabal Lake: One of the most romantic activities to include in your Srinagar honeymoon tour package is taking a serene boat ride on the picture-perfect Manasabal Lake. As you enjoy boating on the green waters of this lake, admire the beautiful pink lotus flowers floating on the surface. You will also get the opportunity to spot a number of fascinating birds on the shore of the lake. You may also want to capture some beautiful couple pictures with the scenic surroundings of the lake serving as the perfect backdrop.
5. Seek Blessings At Shankaracharya Temple: On your honeymoon in Srinagar, pay a visit to the famous Shankaracharya Temple with your partner and seek blessings for your new married life. After offering prayers and paying homage, you can take a stroll around the temple and marvel at its stunning architectural design. Standing at this place, you may also want to soak in the breathtaking 360 degrees panoramic views of the vibrant city and the magnificent mountains surrounding it.
6. Sample the Delicious Local Cuisine: Owing to the popularity and toothsomeness of authentic Kashmiri cuisine, it is a must for couples to include a local food tasting tour in their Srinagar honeymoon tour package. On your food tour of Srinagar, you can try some highly recommended delicacies, such as Yakhni Pulao, Mutton Rogan Josh, seekh kababs, Kashmiri dum aloo, Gushtaba, and ofcourse the famous Kashmiri Kahwa. Some of the top-rated places to try authentic Kashmiri dishes include Lhasa, Alka Salka, Niramish, and Mughal Darbar.
7. Shop for Authentic Kashmiri Products: Couples often like to indulge in a shopping spree for authentic Kashmiri products, on their honeymoon in Srinagar. You can shop your heart out for a myriad of amazing local products, such as Pashmina shawls, Kashmiri tea, carpets, spices, crockery, embroidered suits, dry fruits and nuts. Some of the best places to shop for authentic Kashmiri products in Srinagar are Lal Chowk, Zaina Kadal Road, Residency Road, and Kashmir Government Arts Emporium.
How to reach Srinagar:1. By Air: The Sheikh ul Alam Airport in Srinagar is located at a distance of just 15 kilometers from the city center and is well-connected to Delhi, Mumbai, and Chadigarh via regular flights.
2. By Rail: You can take a train and reach Banihal railway station. Once you reach here, you can easily hire a taxi and reach Srinagar.
3. By Road: Srinagar is well-connected to cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Jammu, and Leh via convenient bus and cab services.
People Also Ask About Honeymoon in Srinagar
How can I spend 3 days in Srinagar?
- Explore the mughal gardens namely Shalimar Bagh, Nishat Bagh, and Chashme Shahi.
- Pay a visit to the famous Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden.
- Seek blessings at the Hazratbal Shrine.
- Take a shikara ride on Dal Lake and soak in the mesmerizing views of the Zabarwan hills.
- Take a full day tour to Salim National Park and spend time exploring the fascinating wildlife inhabiting the park.
- Spend time sampling some delicious authentic Kashmiri delicacies.
- Shop your heart at the local Kashmiri markets.
Which month is best for Srinagar?
The best months for honeymoon in Srinagar are between April and October, when the weather is cool and pleasant making it perfect for sightseeing and outdoor activities. This is also the time when the valley is in full bloom with vibrant flora and greenery all around.
Known to be “The Jewel of Srinagar”, Dal Lake spreads across an area of around 26 square kilometers. Popular as one of the most spellbinding places to see in Srinagar, this hillside lake flaunts colorful Shikaras, traditional wooden houseboats, and floating markets. Tourists visiting Dal Lake love to take a ride in the beautiful Shikaras, which are basically wooden boats decorated beautifully with canopies overhead.They also enjoy shopping authentic Kashmiri items from the floating market or lake market. These markets lay amidst the lake and sell a number of items like saffron and handicrafts. The houseboats on Dal Lake feature floral motifs and intricate carvings and offer breathtaking sights of the majestic lake. These boats are equipped with single rooms and luxury suites and offer comfortable accomodation to the visitors. During the winter season, the visitors also enjoy ice skating on the frozen lake.Location: Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir.Timings: Anytime.Best Time to Visit: May to November. Planning a Trip to Kashmir, Checkout & Book: Best Kashmir Trip Packages
Forming the largest garden of the 3 breathtaking Mughal Gardens, the amazingly laid out Shalimar Bagh makes for one of the most sublime places to see in Srinagar. According to history, this stunning garden was constructed by Jahangir back in the year 1619 for his beautiful wife Noor Jahan.Manifesting the extraordinary craftsmanship of the Mughal horticulturists, this garden overlooks the mesmerizing Dal Lake and showcases surreal architecture.Shalimar Bagh presents an exquisite amalgamation of artificial structures and natural marvels. The whole premise of the garden has been beautifully carpeted with green grass. The garden has umpteen varieties of colorful flowers as well as tall trees of walnuts and almonds.Location: Chinar chowk, Shalimar, Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir 191121.Timings: From 9.30 AM to 6.30 PM, on all days of the week.Price: INR 10 per person.Best Time to Visit: Mid-February to Mid-April and September-October.Click Here to Book: Kolkata to Kashmir Trip Package
Located near the Dal Lake, Nishant Bagh happens to be an enchanting twelve terraced garden, packed with green trees, scented flowers, and beautiful fountains. Known to be the 2nd biggest Mughal garden, this garden was constructed by Noor Jahan’s elder brother, Asif Khan, in the year 1633.With the majestic Zabarwan Mountains forming its backdrop, Nishant Bagh makes for one of the most scenic places to visit in Srinagar and attracts a huge number of photographers and couples. Strolling in the garden, the visitors can also catch a panoramic view of the beautiful Dal Lake.Location: Main road Nishat next to mughal garden nishat Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir, 191121.Timings: From 9 AM to 10.30 PM, on all days of the week.Price: INR 10 per person.Best Time to Visit: March to June.Planning a Honeymoon Trip to Kashmir, Checkout & Book: Kashmir Honeymoon Packages