The Drung Waterfall is one of the most popular tourist places in Gulmarg to tour with our very affordable Kashmir tour packages. Located in the Tangmarg tehsil of Gulmarg, Baramulla, this is a heavily cascading waterfall that is set in the midst of majestic mountains. The main feature of this waterfall that makes it so attractive is that it gets completely frozen in the winter season owing to extremely low temperatures.
Among the most well-known tourist places in Gulmarg in its Tangmarg tehsil, the Drung Waterfall presents a picture of majestic beauty amid lofty mountains of India’s northernmost terrains. The water of the fall freezes completely during the winter months when the temperature dips to sub- zero degrees here. The sight of the Drung Waterfall in its frozen form is one that cannot be missed and makes it a complete must visit in this area.
The cascading waters of the fall merge with the cool waters that originate from the mighty Himalayan glaciers and present a sight to behold. If you are here during the summer months you can spend some time in the peace and quiet of the area’s imbibing inspirational sights of the waterfall, the lakes, streams and all the greenery around. You can also explore the surrounding caves which is an experience in itself.
However, during winter the place completely transforms and the beauty soars several folds as the water freezes while it falls down and creates huge icicles. The waters of the surrounding lakes and streams also freezes during the cold winter months. There are a few stalls nearby that serve tea and hot snacks as well as a small temple nearby.
Read More: Places to Visit Near Jammu
• Drung is a small village in the Tangmarg tehsil of Gulmarg and is about 50 km away from the capital city of Srinagar
• The waterfalls are accessible all throughout the year and looks spectacular in summers as well as winters
• In winter, as the temperatures fall extremely low, the water freezes as they fall down and sights of the frozen falls draws tourists from far and wide
• There are small shacks around the place which serve hot beverages as well as some snacks
• There is also a small temple nearby which you can visit
• The main attraction of Drung are its towering waterfall which merges with water that flows from the magnificent glaciers and presents a sight you cannot forget
• The drive through Drung to the waterfalls is equally scenic with narrow meandering roads twisting and turning between gorgeous pine forests and old mud houses