Popular Gulmarg Packages
Gulmarg Tour Packages
|Family Tour to 3-Jewels of Kashmir||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 21650.0|
|Kashmir Group Tour Package||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 18499.0|
|Experience Kashmir- A Family Getaway||5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 18700.0|
|Srinagar Tour with Gulmarg and Pahalgam||4 Days / 3 Nights||₹ 13999.0|
|Romantic Escapade to Kashmir Valley||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 22530.0|
Visiting Gulmarg looks like a cherished dream that everyone wishes to see in reality, especially in winters. Gulmarg Tour Packages are the top search result that Google shows when we search for the perfect holiday destination that gives some beautiful memories of a lifetime. Gulmarg is one of the beautiful destinations on almost everyone's bucket list. Tourists can explore the beautiful places in Gulmarg throughout the year and indulge in some adventurous activities as well.
Also known as the ‘Meadow of Flowers', Gulmarg is truly a heavenly place that is best known for skiing. Tourists can also have a panoramic view of this beautiful place through the world’s highest Gondola ride. Visitors can book Gulmarg Tour Packages to explore some of the major tourist attractions such as the tallest Gondola rides, snow-capped Himalayan mountains, golf course, pristine lakes, etc.
The captivating scenery is enough to compel everyone to visit this place once in their lifetime. This tiny hamlet is home to ancient Hindu temples, mosques, and churches. The Gulmarg Tour will surely help people to reconnect with nature and find peace of mind. In case you have been searching for the best Gulmarg Packages, then fret not, you are just at the right place.
People Also Ask About Gulmarg Tours
Which are the best places to visit on a Gulmarg trip?1. Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve: Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve is home to a lot of species of flora, fauna, & avifauna. The scenic appearance of this sanctuary is offered by the conifers and green herbs. Tourists can spot many rare species here and get a lot of opportunities to capture them.
The main attraction of this reserve is the endangered Musk Deer. Other species of animals that can be spotted here include Hangul, Leopard, Brown Bear, Black Bear, and Red Fox. The area has a large population of indigenous and migratory birds including Griffon Vulture, Blue Rock Pigeon Monal, Snow Cock, Kashmir Roller, and Jungle Crow. Make sure you have Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve Sanctuary while scrolling through the different Gulmarg Tour Packages.
Location: Church Road, Gulmarg 193403, India
Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
2. Alpather Lake: Alpather Lake is a stunning water body that cannot be missed in the Gulmarg packages. Located about 13 km from Gulmarg, the lake is surrounded by rocky mountains and verdant meadows. It is one of the perfect settings for photographers.
The place is admired and loved by nature lovers who are looking for a place to just relax and rejuvenate in the laps of mother nature. This lake is also known as the frozen lake and one can witness it’s freezing nature during the months of November to June. Tourists can also trek to this high altitude location to see the magnificent views of the surrounding places that this Lake offers.
Location: Baramulla District | Foot of Apharwat Peak, Gulmarg 193403, India
3. Seven Springs – Seven Natural Water Outlets: Seven Springs offers glorious views of both Srinagar and Gulmarg valleys. It is known for its seven natural outlets of water. The name Seven Spring originated because of the seven waterfalls that exist there. Visitors should definitely visit this on their Gulmarg trip.
They can travel to this scenic place by taking Gondola cable cars from Gulmarg to the Seven Springs in Kongdori. Tourists can take their ride from the Apharwat peak to reach the seven springs. On the way, one can witness the mesmerizing view of the surrounding mountains and beautiful landscapes. Since the waterfall is situated on a mound of hill it offers 360 views of Gulmarg and Srinagar from this waterfall.
Address: Seven Spring, Forest Block 193403
4. Gulmarg Golf Course: Gulmarg Golf Course is one of the largest and highest 18-hole golf courses in India. It is located on the lower ranges of Gulmarg. It is the highest green golf course in the world. During winter; the golf course gets covered in by a thick layer of snow.
The place is generally open from April to November. When you search for the best Gulmarg Tour packages, make sure you ask your travel partner to add the best golf programs located in Gulmar. You can also visit these Golf courses to develop your hidden talents amongst the mountains in the realms of nature. You can plan your Gulmarg trip with your friends and family and book a hotel nearby to just relax at this beautiful holiday site in Gulmarg.
Address: 394R+2J7, Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir 193403
Timing- 08:30 am - 10:00 pm
Price: ?800 for 9-hole, ?1,200 for 18-hole
Looking for a Wonderful Trip to Kashmir, Checkout & Book: Kashmir Trip Packages
5. Khilanmarg: Khilanmarg is a beautiful small valley that gets covered in snow during winters. The lush meadows, alpine forests, and flower bedded valleys attract visitors. The place becomes a site for winter skiing scenes in Gulmarg. This is a favorite place for the nature’s lovers and children as they can enjoy the most at this fascinating meadow. One can also see the great Himalayan peaks from this scenic sight.
Location: Outer Gulmarg Rd, Gulmarg, 193403
6. Shrine Of Baba Reshi: The Shrine Of Baba Reshi was built in 148, and it is one of the religious places to visit in and around Gulmarg. The shrine is dedicated to Baba Reshi, a Muslim scholar & saint who spent his days meditating and praying in the valley.
Situated below the Gulmarg hills, the Shrine is dedicated to the well-known Muslim martyr, Baba Payam-Uddin, who died in 1480. If you plan to visit this place on your Gulmarg Trip then you can admire the charming woodwork of the shrine.
Location: Baramulla District, Gulmarg 193403, India
Timing- 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
7. Maharani Temple: Maharani Temple was built in 1915 by Mohini Bai Sisodia who was the wife of Maharaja Hari Singh – the last Dogra king of Jammu and Kashmir. The temple houses shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. It’s a sacred temple situated in Gulmarg city.
The fascinating thing about this temple is that the ceremonies that are performed here for the Hindu God Shiva and Mata Parvati are performed by the Muslim priests. Tourists planning their Gulmarg Tour packages around the time of Shivratri can witness the prominent views of the temple. However, this spot remains open throughout the year.
Location: Gulmarg Road Gulmarg Baramulla Jammu and Kashmir, 193403
Timings- 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
9. Strawberry Field: Strawberry Field is a beautiful place in Gulmarg that visitors explore on foot or by taking a pony ride to this pristine spot. Summers are the best time to visit this place as one can then savor the freshly ripped strawberries. So the best time to visit this place is during the summer season from April To October. In case you want to savor some delicious freshly plucked strawberries, then make sure you visit the strawberry field while you are on your Gulmarg trip.
Location: Alva Farm Road, Strawberry Valley, Gulmarg, Jammu, and Kashmir, 193403
Planning to Visit Srinagar, Checkout & Read: Srinagar Trip Packages
What are the best things to do on a Gulmarg trip?1. Gondola Lift- Gulmarg Gondola is the world’s highest operating cable car that cannot be missed from Gulmarg tour packages, which operates at a height of approximately 13,000 ft. The cable car was built by a French firm, Pomagalski, which can ferry 600 people at a time! The ride is divided into 3 phases, the 3 phase are as below:
2. Fishing- During summers, it is recommended to travelers to go fishing to the Confluence, where streams from Ferozepur Nallah and River Bahan meet. Ningle Nallah And Ferozepur Nallah are two mountain streams flowing through valleys where one can spend some time by engaging in some fun activity.
- In the first phase one can ride on an altitude of almost 8500 feet and visit Kongdori from Gulmarg.
- In the second phase on around 12300 feet of the Gondola, one can reach Apharwat from Kongdori
- In the last i.e 3rd phase one visit the Mary shoulder from the Kongdori.
The view and beauty of the LOC, Nand Devi, and Pir Panjal Ranges is spectacular and breath-taking. The timing of the gondola is 10 AM to 5 PM; however, it also depends upon the weather at both stages.
The view this place offers makes it a perfect place for visitors to sit, relax and picnic. You can revisit your old days and indulge in fishing activities here. Tourists can spot numerous trout fishes here and thus, carrying a net or a fishing hook is advisable.
3. Try Local Food- Gulmarg has its own food culture. A variety of spices like tej patta, hing, kesar, and dairy items are very important ingredients of many of the Kashmiri recipes. The food is usually cooked at a very slow flame in order to blend and heighten the overall flavors. Gulmarg has some fantastic eateries like Bakshi Restaurant, Downhill Restaurant, Alpine Lounge, Nedous Dining Room and many more that serve delicious dishes.
Some of the very famous Kashmiri dishes that you can try in Gulmarg are:
- Rogan Josh
- Dum Aloo
- Guchhi Pulaao
- Kong phirin
- Sheer Chai
- Tabakh Maaz
- Rajma Gogji
- Nadur Churma
- Kashmiri Fish Curry
- Noon Chai
4. Bird Watching at Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve- Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve is very well known for its rich and rare Himalayan fauna and flora. A visit to these beautiful landscapes spread across 180 sq km will give you serenity and peace.
The reserve also hosts a bird watching tour where visitors can explore some of the rare and lesser-known birds such as Blue Rock Pigeon, Kashmir Roller, Snow Cock, European Hoopoes, Koklas, Griffon vulture, and Jungle Crow. The reserve is located at a distance of 48 km from Srinagar, and it lies at an altitude varying between 2,400 and 4,300 m above sea level covering an area of about 180 sq km. Not just birds, tourists can also find plenty of other animals as well such as musk deer, hangul, serow, brown bear, leopard, red fox and black bear.
5. Photography at Ningle Nallah- Ningle Nallah is the best place to click the best pictures for your postcard. The mountains ruling the landscape and the stream flowing by along with snowy peaks, lush green pastures, and vibrant wildflowers add flush to the scene. The ice that melts from the Apharwat Peak forms a stream here that unites with River Jhelum.
The place is the perfect spot for a picnic and to unwind in nature.Pony Ride in Khilanmarg- Want to go for a pony ride? Khilanmarg is one such scenic valley that you can visit either on foot or on a pony. On the way to the valley; visitors will be able to explore spectacular views of the Himalayan peaks. The valley offers a calm and soothing atmosphere with blooming aromatic flowers. During winters, Khilanmarg becomes a 600 meters ski run that stretches from Gulmarg to Khilanmarg.
6. Shopping- The people of Gulmarg are very proud of their own culture and traditions. In the local markets of Gulmarg, visitors can find sellers with their carts and stalls selling traditional clothing, locally made handicrafts and stock winter essentials such as hoodies, sweaters and shawls.
Not just that, there are plenty of stores that rent skiing and trekking equipment. In order to explore the rich culture of this place, one must visit the following places to take a token of memories along with them:
- Mr. Khan’s Tailor Shop
- Ladakh Art Palace
- Haji Akbar Cloth House
- Faiz Shawls
- The Main Market
- Top Choice
- Shahab Textiles
- The Attic Snowboard Shop
Click Here to Book: Kashmir Trip Package from Kolkata
Which are the best places for skiing in Gulmarg?1. Khyber Himalayan Resorts and Spa: Khyber Himalayan Resorts and spa is located right next to the skiing slopes. The spacious rooms, luxurious treatment Spa and heated swimming pool overlooking snow-covered lawns make it a fine choice for people to stay and indulge in some hardcore skiing.
Address: Near Gondola Cable, Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir 193403
Phone: 099066 03272
2. Gulmarg Resorts: Gulmarg Resort is located close to the Gondola ride, and this property is very economical and the view is excellent. It offers great views of the pine forests and has all amenities for a comfortable stay. You can count this resort in your Gulmarg tour package if you want to ski in the most comforting setting.
Address: Near Gondola Cable Car, Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir 193403
Phone: 01954 254 598
3. The Pine palace Resort: All ski enthusiasts can stay at this luxurious property. The property is pocket-friendly and offers excellent amenities to travelers. Nothing can be more fascinating than just staying at a place where you can also indulge in some hardcore adventure.
Address: Near Gondola, Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir 193403
Phone:01954 254 466
4. Indian Institute of Skiing and Mountaineering: Indian Institute of Skiing and Mountaineering is one such destination where ski lovers can accommodate and learn the skiing. The Institute offers 14-day ski courses at Rs 12000 between the months of December to March.
Address: IISM, House No 183, Kursoo, Raj Bagh, Srinagar, J & K Pin: 190008
Phone: 9419604990, 9419034449, 9419076335
Checkout & Book: Pune to Kashmir Tour Package
What are the best adventure activities to do on the Gulmarg tour?1. Skiing – Apharwat Peak: People who love adventure can certainly visit Gulmarg and do skiing at the Apharwat Peak. Snowy peaks surrounded by lush green coniferous forest will surely give you an adrenaline rush. The place also has trainers who can guide and train you. January and February are the best months to visit Gulmarg for skiing. While selecting your ??Gulmarg Tour Packages, add this to your itinerary so that you don't miss it.
2. Trekking: One of the best things to do in Gulmarg is trekking. The magical charm of the frozen Alpather Lake will give you a breathtaking view and surely a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Apharwat Peak at an approximate height of 4400 meters and remains frozen even in May and June and trekking here is yet another adventurous activity that cannot be skipped from any of the Gulmarg Tour Packages.
3. Golfing: Golf lovers can visit Gulmarg Golf Course to spend some time golfing with their friends or family. Gulmarg is home to the world’s second-highest Golf Course offering spectacular surroundings to spend quality time. This is not just a tourist spot but if you are keen lover of golf then you can also learn golf here at the Golf Training Academy.
4. Cable Car Ride: Gondola in Gulmarg is a very popular destination for tourists visiting Gulmarg. Everyone who plans their Gulmarg trip ensures that they have a Cable car ride in their Gulmarg Tour Packages. It is considered as Asia's one of the longest and highest cable car plans. The entire ride comprises 3 stages Gulmarg to Kungdoor and Kongdori to Apharwat Peak and then Mary shoulder. Exploring snow-capped peaks from such a height is truly a blessing.
Suggested Read: Tourist Places to See in Srinagar
How can I spend 2 days in Gulmarg?
Even though two days are less to explore this beautiful place; you can easily enjoy some of the quaint places of on a 2 day Gulmarg Trip:
? Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve
? Strawberry Field
? Apharwat Peak
? Ningle Nallah And Ferozepur Nallah
? Seven Springs
? Gulmarg Golf Course
? Children’s Park
? Shrine of Baba Reshi
? Maharani Temple
? St. Mary’s Church
? Kanchenjunga Museum
? Outer Circle Walk? Lien Marg
Planning for a Honeymoon Trip to Srinagar, Checkout & Book: Srinagar Honeymoon Packages
How much does Gulmarg trip to Gulmarg cost?The average cost of the Gulmarg Tour Packages may vary from 10k to 30k depending on how many days and nights you are planning your Gulmarg Trip. There are a number of budget Gulmarg packages that can be considered if you do not wish to spend a hefty amount. However, if you want to have a luxurious stay then you can explore the packages that are in the premium category.
Why is Gulmarg famous?Gulmarg is an ideal place for nature as well as adventure lovers. For the adventure seekers, skiing is the go-to sport to try when on Gulmarg trip. Not just that, tourists can also visit other nearby spots like the museums, temples, reserves, fields, meadows, lakes and mountains to admire the nature of this beautiful place while they plan their Gulmarg Tour.
Planning for a Honeymoon Trip to Kashmir, Checkout & Book: Kashmir Trip Packages
How to reach Gulmarg from Srinagar?By Cab: The best way to reach Gulmarg from the main city of Srinagar is via private cars or taxis. Some Gulmarg Tour Packages already have cab facilities included in their Gulmarg package.By Bus: There are also buses available that can also be considered to reach Gulmarg. Local buses are available up to Tangmarg market from where the mini coaches or jeeps can be hired to reach Gulmarg.
Which are the best places to visit in Gulmarg on Honeymoon?1. St. Mary’s Church: St. Mary’s Church is one of the very famous attractions of Gulmarg that was constructed in the early twentieth century. The backdrop of this church is filled with the alpine trees along with meadows and white mountains laden with snow which makes it even more attractive. Add St. Mary’s Church in your Gulmarg tour package as a must see tourist spot in Gulmarg.
2. Kanchenjunga Museum: Kanchenjunga Museum was built for a school of warfare which exhibits warfare of the Indian Army and all the mounting equipment needed in the hills. Tourists can visit the museum during the daytime between 9 am to 5 pm in summer and from 10 am to 4 pm in the winter season.
3. Tangmarg: Tangmarg is another place that cannot be missed while you book Gulmarg packages. This is a picture-perfect town in Baramulla that consists of some very attractive visiting spots such as Gogaldara, Baba Reshi’s memorial, Baderkoot, Ningle Nallah, etc. This can be one of the romantic and peaceful places in Gulmarg that you can explore while you are on your honeymoon trip to Gulmarg.
4. Lien Marg: Lien Marg is known for trekking and can be a great spot for the adventure seeker couples. This place holds the picturesque scenic beauty that Gulmarg beholds and offers picture-perfect views. Located on a staggering height of about 700 m above sea level, Lien Marg is surrounded by tall pine trees giving a picture-perfect background to the travelers. This is around 10 Km away from Gulmarg and is also famous for several winter sports
Read More: Best Places to See Near Jammu
The prime attraction in Gulmarg is its Gondola cable car ride, the second highest and second longest of its kind on earth. It is an absolutely enthralling experience and one that cannot be given a miss when you plan your travel itinerary. Divided in two phases, the ride will ferry you from Gulmarg Resort to Kongdoori Station which is the central point, in the first phase and from Kongdoori Mountain to Apharwat Peak in the second phase.In Phase 1, it starts at a height of 2,990 m following which there is a vertical rise of 400m.In Phase 2, it makes a further ascent of 1,330 vertical meters and takes you to a total height of almost 4,000 m. Each hour, the Gondola ferries about 1500 passengers to a height of 3,100 m in the first phase. At this height you can access some of the easier skiing expeditions while in the second phase, the ride carries around 600 passengers per hour to a height of almost 4,000m. Once here, you can trek a further 30 minutes and reach the top of the mountain to catch a glimpse of the Line of Control (LOC) which is visible from here. Apart from the LOC, you can also catch magnificent views of the Nanda Devi and the Pir Panjal Range here as well as enjoy other activities like horse riding and skiing.Click Here to Book: Kashmir Trip Packages from Kolkata
Spanning across an area of 180 sq km, this biosphere reserve is home to myriad species of flora, fauna and birds, including some very rare species. It lies at a distance of about 48 km from Srinagar and the main attraction here is the musk deer. You can however, also spot brown bear, leopard, hangul, serow, black bear and red fox as you venture into the deeper ends of the forest apart from a rich array of avifauna like upland birds and pheasants. You may also spot an occasional griffon, monal, vulture, European hoopoe, jungle crow, Kashmir roller, blue rock pigeon, koklas and snow cock among others, making it a veritable haven for ornithologists. The vegetation here is largely dominated by towering conifers apart from green herbs that lend a verdant scenic appearance to the place. It remains open for tourists and visitors every day from 10am to 4pm and adventure seekers can also opt to stay in close proximity to the reserve in camps provided in its vicinity. The beauty and appeal of the reserve grows many fold around the months of March through May when the flowers are in full bloom and it becomes a birdwatcher’s paradise. Planning to Visit Kashmir, Checkout & Book: Kashmir Trip Packages
The verdant green meadows with bright red fruits dotting the entire area and clear blue skies above, is a sight straight out of a picture book and one you would certainly not want to miss. The Strawberry Valley in Gulmarg, situated “right behind a hill” as most locals would point out when you are exploring the area, is a little off the beaten path. This largely explains its unspoiled beauty of the place, as it is still free from a heavy descent of tourists. Summers are when the valley is at its busiest, being the harvesting time. Ripe red strawberries everywhere make a visit to the veritable garden of Eden, a supremely enthralling one. Tourists are allowed to take a walk along rows of strawberry plantations to soak in the crimson beauty of the surrounding area. You can also carry a basket along and after taking a stroll amid nature’s bounty, enjoy a quiet picnic in the shade of a tree. The sheer charisma and vibrancy that this place exudes had also made it one of the most popular Bollywood shooting locations of the yesteryears.Planning to Visit Srinagar, Checkout & Book: Srinagar Trip Packages