Popular Jammu and Kashmir Packages
Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages
|5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 12950.0|
|6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 21650.0|
|6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 16499.0|
|3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 6950.0|
|6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 17745.0|
Jammu and Kashmir PackagesJammu and Kashmir tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Jammu and Kashmir holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Jammu and Kashmir vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
The Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages offered by Thrillophilia takes you on an experience of a lifetime to this paradiscal land. Our Jammu Kashmir tour packages are designed according to your needs, whether you are travelling with family, a group of friends or are looking for a romantic escapade, there is the perfect tour for you.
Plan a Kashmir vacation with Thrillophilia's Jammu Kashmir tour packages and immerse yourself in the beauty and culture of this Union Territory. You can choose our Kashmir Tour Packages and get to visit all the alluring places like Srinagar, Gulmarg, Kathua among others. Or pick the Kashmir Honeymoon Packages and spend your honeymoon or an intimate vacation by exploring places like Sonmarg, Dal Lake, Anantnag and more.
Jammu and Kashmir is amongst the top places to visit in India, for its expansive lands offering heavenly sceneries, views of snow-capped mountains and a unique insight into the cultural heritage. And with our kashmir tour packages, you get to see all this and more at affordable prices and deals that amp-up the whole vacation experience even more. Even our Cheapest Jammu Kashmir tour packages will provide you great offers and opportunities to go for Jammu and Kashmir sightseeing to the best locations and other facilities. Moreover, the best part about our Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages is the flexibility and the option to customize your Kashmir trip with the things that you want to do. Thrillophilia assists you to dice the thrill with Jammu and Kashmir tour packages which makes your trip to Jammu and Kashmir doozy as never.
That said, even our shelf-made packages offer a complete holiday experience with a blend of sightseeing, activities, shopping, trying local delicacies and staying in lux accommodations, all this at the best rates and with the ease of booking. Take a leap and plan your holiday to Jammu and Kashmir with Thrillophilia for unforgettable memories.
People Also Ask About Jammu and Kashmir Tours
Which are the best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir?
Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages include this destination which is popular for shooting Bollywood films, Gulmarg. Its evergreen forested valleys, meadowed flowers, snow-covered mountains and the natural landscapes makes it an attractive place. Regarded as a favoured romantic honeymoon destination, it is also developed as an adventurous place for all types of adventure sports with the presence of the Indian Institute of Skiing and Mountaineering.
It is one of the most important holy places in India, it is where Lord Shiva revealed the secret of eternity to Goddess Parvati. Amarnath is visited by numerous people every year which is known as the Amarnath Yatra and this place might give you your formula of eternity.
A feast for the eyes and senses, Pahalgam is a beautiful and untouched place. Farms of saffron, green fields, little houses, green valleys and the alluring himalayan ranges will make you wonderstruck. The snow capped surroundings of Pahalgam also offers you an array of activities such as fishing, golf and trekking to take pleasure in.
The twin villages Sana and Sar are a must visit place when travelling to Jammu and Kashmir. This small and lesser known hill station offers adventure activities such as paragliding, trekking, rock climbing and abseiling. It is an eco friendly village which will leave you amazed.
With over the top streams and sights, Anantnag is one of the most beautiful places in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. It is a heavenly place with greenery and natural beauty everywhere. Moreover, it is also known as the commercial and financial capital of the Kashmir Valley.
6. Vaishno Devi:
Visited by millions of people from across the world, Vaishno Devi is a holy place situated in the lap of the Trikuta mountains. A destination where visitors trek 13kms to reach the caves, which are among the 108 shakti peetha (Goddess Shakti shrines). Ponies, rickshaws and helicopter facilities are also available to reach there.
A land of great temples and beautiful palaces, Jammu is located in the southernmost part of the Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory. Jammu is a combination of snow-capped mountains and plains from the north and the south. Walnuts and handlooms are some famous things to buy from the bazaars in Jammu.
Surrounded by serene lakes and glorious glaciers, Sonamarg is a town in Jammu and Kashmir which cast exquisite spells on visitors. Mountain lakes like Gadsar, Satsar, Kishansar, Vishansar and Gangabal are situated here and are famous for fishing of amazing species among other activities.
9. Dachigam national park:
A natural treasure with the rarest flora and fauna, Dachigam National Park is the most elevated forest reserve. Dachigam has rare wildlife like the leopards, Himalayan brown bear, Kashmir stag, hill fox, Himalayan serow, Leopard cat, and birds like cinnamon sparrow, black bulbul, Chough, Wallcreeper, Titmouse.
Khilanmarg is a destination for couples and adventure seekers, where thousands of visitors get to enjoy. It is a place near Gulmarg from where one has to walk or take a pony, as vehicles are not accessible here.
It is a small tourist spot which is home to Nun Kun Peaks where amazing adventure sports such as skiing, trekking, mountaineering are and on the banks of river Suru, you can go for river rafting. One of the largest producers of apricots in India, Kargil is known as a center for trade and commerce as well. Lavish food and warm locals are some highlights of Kargil.
Also known as ‘gateway to Ladakh’ Dras is a town of the Kargil District. This place was occupied by Pakistan in the Kargil war in 1999. It is the second-coldest place in the world and the three pimples, the famous tiger hills and Tololing are visible from Dras.
Kashmir sightseeing includes Bhaderwah which is filled with beautiful flora and fauna, greenery, valleys, snow capped mountains and stony hills. It is also nicknamed as Mini Kashmir as the snow covered mountains offer joyous skiing and horse riding can be enjoyed.
14. Aru Valley:
Kashmir sightseeing is incomplete without the winter wonderland destination covered with snow till the eyes can see. A place with beautiful nature, scenic meadows, lakes and peaks around it. The cups of kaah’wa and beautiful sights will make you feel if you could stay here forever.
15. Suru Basin:
It is a perfect place for bikers with eye catching views and sceneries. The beauty enhances even more in spots like Panikhar and Parachik, where the grass turns bright and rusty orange giving a splendid view.
16. Kashmir Great Lakes Trek:
Kashmir offers amazing treks which are described as heaven on Earth. It is not a well known place but is a beautiful and untouched place for the visitors to explore the hidden beauty of nature and the valleys, one must visit Kashmir Great Lakes trek. It has forests of spruces and pines to the meadows and grasslands and accompanied by snow-covered mountains and lakes in the trek.
Planning a Trip to Kashmir, Checkout & Book: Best Kashmir Trip Packages
What are the best things to do on the Jammu and Kashmir tour?
1. Shikara Ride: Shikara is a boat resembling a canoe covered with tasteful wooden shelter which is very popular among Jammu and Kashmir tour packages. Visitors like to take a ride on shikara in which the operators row you to the various corners of the pristine lakes like Dal Lake, Nagin Lake and many more.
Price: 400 INR for an hour.
2. Gondola Cable Car Ride: Gondola Cable Car is Asia’s longest and highest ropeway project elevating to a height of 13,400 feet. This two staged ride offers you unmatchable views of the valleys of Gulmarg, Kongdori and Apharwat Peak.
- Phase I: Gulmarg to Kongdori: 740 INR per person.
- Phase II: Kongdori to Apharwat: 950 INR per person.
3. Pony Ride: Pony rides are very famous among the tourists travelling to Jammu and Kashmir as it offers a moderate level of adventure exploring the rugged corners. Although there are many places where you can enjoy one of these rides, Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Pahalagam, Yusmarg in Kashmir valley, Patnitop, Sanasar, Kud in Jammu are particularly popular.
Price: Government rates for a pony ride: 350 INR hour an hour.
4. River Rafting: River rafting is an adventurous activity popular among Jammu and Kashmir packages where they use an inflatable raft to gush down a river flowing with a great current. Chenab, Indus and Jehlum have many rafting points which will offer you this recreational activity.
Price: 600 INR per person onwards.
5. Houseboat Stay: Also known as the land of lakes and gardens, Srinagar offers houseboats which float on these lakes day and night. Carved out of woods, these houseboats offer cosy rooms and decent space outside to gaze over the horizon combining the skyline and the water level together.
Price: 3,900 INR for double bedroom occupancy a night.
6. Mountain Biking: Mountain Biking is an adventurous activity among Jammu packages which forces you off the road into the wilderness of the coniferous woods. You can hire a special made bike for this purpose and set off exploring the exotic flora and fauna of the state.
Price: 4,500 INR.
Suggested Read: Places to Visit in Srinagar
Tourist Attractions near Jammu
Places to See in Kashmir
Which are the best places to stay in Jammu and Kashmir?
1. Zostel: Zostel in Srinagar offers you beautifully decorated rooms furnished with double decker beds and separate space for each of your room partners. Also, it has spacious living for all the guests to gather in, a vast park downstairs where you can stroll and also stargaze at night.
Location: Gupt Ganga - Ishber Rd, Shalimar Road. Ishbar, Nishat, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 191121.
Price: 1,098 INR.
2. Hotel Samson: Offering you vast grass laden backyard overlooking the pine forests in the valley sloping down, Hotel Samson counts as one of the best places to stay in Patnitop. Besides spacious and well furnished bedrooms, the place also has numerous patios where one can spend their evenings amidst the cool breeze.
Location: Padora Enclave, Karlah, near Naag Temple, Patnitop, Jammu and Kashmir 182142.
Price: 2,855 INR.
3. Eden Resort and Spa: Tucked amidst the alpine beauty, Eden Resort and Spa offers you a perfect blend of luxury with nature. This resort offers you extravagant rooms with over-the-top bathrooms along with a huge manicured lawn to walk away an evening or two.
Location: Rafting Point, Movera, Pahalgam, Jammu and Kashmir 192126.
Price: 3,101 INR.
4. Hotel Pine Palace Resort: Nestled on one of the most beautiful places in Jammu and Kashmir, Hotel Pine Palace Resort offers you excellent rooms along with vast open space in front of it. Not only popular for its staying services, the resort is known for its excellent food served to its guests too.
Location: Near Gondola, Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir 193403.
Price: 4,000 INR.
Experience the Holy Place: Hazratbal Mosque
Which are the best places to visit on a Jammu and Kashmir tour?
1. Srinagar: Often referred to as the Switzerland of India, Srinagar is an excellent place studded with various pristine alpine lakes and well manicured exotic gardens.
Besides visiting these destinations, people like to engage themselves in various adventurous activities like skiing, mountain biking, shikara ride, houseboat stay and more included in Jammu and Kashmir tour packages.
2. Gulmarg: Situated in the Pir Panjal range of Western Himalayas, Gulmarg is a home to Asia’s longest and highest cable car ride. Besides this cable car ride, tourists are also attracted towards the amazing skiing destinations and Gulmarg Golf Course offered by the place.
3. Jammu: Clustered around the river Tawi, Jammu is the winter capital of Jammu and Kashmir which is mainly famous for its religious places and various adventurous activities. Besides these, history buffs are presented with various heritages like Amar Mahal and Bahu Fort which are a must to visit.
4. Patnitop: Situated 112 KM from Jammu towards Srinagar, Patnitop is an extremely peaceful location cut off from the hustle and bustle of the busy city life. Elevating as high as 6,640 feet, this destination offers you various temples, parks, valleys, shopping streets and much more which adds into the scenic beauty it possesses.
5. Pahalgam: Beginning of the very popular pilgrimage Amarnath, Pahalgam is quite a sensation among devotees, adventure seekers and most of the Jammu and Kashmir packages. Also, people flock here to witness Liddar valley which is a scenic location with the Liddar river cutting through it.
6. Sanasar: A union of two villages called Sana and Sar, Sanasar is named after two local lakes located in the vicinity of this beautiful hilltown. Adventure junkies come here to taste the variety of adventurous activities it offers like paragliding, trekking, camping, hiking and more.
Click Here to Book: Kolkata to Kashmir Trip Packages
Pune to Kashmir Holiday Packages
How to reach Kashmir?
Srinagar airport is the nearest to Kashmir. One can take a flight to Srinagar from any prime city like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Goa, Jammu. From Srinagar you can hire a taxi directly to Kashmir which is around 15 kilometers away.
Jammu Tawi Railway Station is the nearest railway station, 330 kilometers away from Kashmir. Rajdhani, Jammu Tawi Express, Jammu Mail, New Delhi-Jammu Tawi are some trains to reach Jammu Tawi Railway Station from where taxis and buses are available to reach anywhere in Kashmir.
To reach Kashmir, one can easily hire a taxi, take a bus or can go by car as it is connected to the National Highway. J&K transport or luxury buses are available to take you anywhere in Kashmir.
Do you need a visa to go to Kashmir?
No, you don't need a visa to travel to Jammu and Kashmir if you are a resident of India but if you are a resident of any other country other than India, then you should carry a visa for safety purposes.
You can easily apply for a visa following the guidelines provided by your country and you can travel to India and Kashmir hassle free.
Which are the best places to visit at night on a Jammu and Kashmir tour?
1. Vaishno Devi: Considered as the mother Goddess of all, Vaishno Devi is one of the extremely popular pilgrimage Jammu tour packages. One should visit here at night to experience a spell binding view of the distant lights, lit hilltop and twinkling stars amidst the cool breeze flowing through your hair.
2. Sinthan Top: A scenic mountain pass, Sinthan Top is located in Daksum which receives a large number of footfalls every season. Also renowned as ‘360 Degree View,’ this place offers unobstructed views of both areas, Kashmir as well as Jammu.
3. Betaab Valley: Named after a Bollywood hit by Sunny Deol and Amrita Singh, Betaab Valley is situated in Hajan, Jammu and Kashmir. Famous for the perfect contrast between water and greenery, this valley houses basecamps for various treks protruding from here.
4. Khilanmarg: Located around 6 KM far from Gulmarg, Khilanmarg is one of the most popular skiing locations in Kashmir tour packages. In winters, this site gets covered under a thick blanket of fresh snow which serves perfect for winter activities as well as photography.
5. Pari Mahal: Translated to ‘The Palace of Fairies,’ Pari Mahal is a seven-terraced garden nestled on one of the peaks of the Zabarwan Mountain range. Dating back to 1650, this place offers you views of the city of Srinagar as well as the pristine Dal lake for which it should be there in the places to visit at night.
Planning for a Romantic Trip to Kashmir, Must Checkout & Book: Kashmir Packages for couples
Which are some best campsites in Jammu and Kashmir?
1. Forest Block: Considered as the most beautiful place in India, Forest Block is vast grassland covered under dense meadows and pine forests. Campsites are erected near the clear streams running down the valley or high cliffends and it should be in Jammu and Kashmir tour packages for an unusual experience to the visitors.
2. Ganderbal: Often referred to as the ‘District of Lakes’, Ganderbal is situated at a height of 5,311 feet offering you pristine lakes including one named after the town itself. This town offers you the chance of camping near one of these lakes which is unlike camping at regular spots. People love to click pictures of the water surface painted with the reflection of the moon and the stars in the clear sky.
3. Sanasar: Housing two unadulterated lakes, Sana and Sar are the main attractions of the hilltown Sanasar. These lakes are surrounded by huge grasslands where adventure junkies like to add it to Kashmir tour packages so that they can set up camp here.
4. Doodhpathri: A sprawling grassland at an astounding height of 1,07,500 feet, Doodhpathri is sure to take away your breath with the views of the coniferous forests in the nearby valleys. If you choose it as your campsite then you are sure to spot exotic animals coming here to graze on the fresh grass.
Click Here to Book: Cheapest Jammu Kashmir Tour Packages
Are there ATM facilities in Srinagar?
Yes. Although a lot of hotels, cab drivers and other vendors ask for cash, you don’t need to carry a lot as there are plenty of ATMs in Srinagar and other places in J & K. All leading bank ATMs are available there for a smooth transaction without any difficulty.
What should I pack for the Kashmir trip?
-Cotton clothes, if you are travelling there in the summer season from April to June, then the temperature would be 35 to 40 degrees. You would require cotton and light clothes for the trip to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the trip.
-Comfortable shoes will help you walk or trek easily and you will not get tired walking. Carry a pair of hiking or sturdy shoes and slippers along with any casual footwear.
-Woolens, woolen clothes are also important despite the weather because when it rains, the temperature decreases even in the summer season. In the winter season, woolens and warm jackets are essential to keep yourself warm and relish the trek.
-Umbrellas and raincoats, sometimes it rains in Kashmir which also reduces the temperature. Keeping umbrellas and raincoats will save you from the rain and cold.
-Water Bottle is a very important part of any trip to stay hydrated.
-Small travelling bags, to keep all the essentials such as phones, cameras, power banks, medicines, cash and other things.
What are the best treks in Jammu and Kashmir?
1. Amarnath Trek: Taking around 3-5 days to cover one side of the trek, Amarnath route offers wide pathways to walk on. As it is a pilgrimage site, one should expect a lot of crowd enroute. However, this crowd blurs out when you witness the rocky mountains along with patches of the path covered under the sheet of snow.
2. Vaishno Devi: Vaishno Devi trek offers its devotees a well laid route aligned with shops to buy snacks, food, souvenirs and much more on the way. One can easily cover this route in a day making it a must among Jammu tour packages. However, it is advised to include a night in it too to witness a different kind of beauty.
3. Tarsar Marsar Trek: Taking around 7 days of yours Kashmir tour packages, Tarsar Marsar Trek snakes through lush meadows to two pristine lakes. This trek isn’t any religious place so you will find this place a little more laid back offering a rugged feel to you.
4. Kolahoi Glacier Trek: A treacherous trek of 5 days takes you to the vast Kolahoi Glacier which looks like heaven on the earth. These five days of yours are spent exploring fragrant meadows, banks of the river Lidder and vast valleys of the Himalayas en route.
Is Passport required for Kashmir?
No, a passport is not required or mandatory for Indian citizens to visit Kashmir but visitors from other countries would require a passport and carry it. Tourists can easily apply for a passport following the legal rules and regulations of their country and visit Kashmir without any difficulty.
What are the best places to visit in Kashmir with family?
1. Doodhpathri: Located in Budgam district of Jammu Kashmir, Doodhpathri is literally translated to ‘The Valley of Milk’ and is one of the important places among Kashmir packages. Elevated at a height of 2,730 meters from the sea level, the site offers cherishable views of the vast grassland, grazing sheeps, clear blue sky, pine trees and a milky stream flowing through the meadows.
2. Bagh-e-Bahu: A treat of shrubs, trees and water running parallel to the pathway to the eyes, Bagh-e-Bahu is a terraced garden in Gorkha Nagar. Also, this garden houses ruins of an ancient fort offering you a timeless experience where you can carefreely unleash your kids to play with the wind blowing.
3. Akhnoor Fort: Situated right on the banks of the river Chenab, Akhnoor Fort isn’t a part of Kashmir packages just for its magnificent Indian architecture but also the reason that it holds on to three periods of history. Starting with Harappan red and grey earthenware, early historic pottery and lastly Kushana objects.
4. Amar Mahal Museum and Library: Amar Mahal Museum and Library is located in the city of Jammu which offers you a sneak peak into the era of the nineteenth century. This magnificent palace is constructed with the essence of French Chateau which houses significant artefacts like Pahari paintings, a golden sofa of Dogra rulers and much more.
How to reach Gulmarg from Srinagar?
The most feasible way to reach Gulmarg from Srinagar is to take a bus from Srinagar which would take around 2 hours and 30 minutes to cover the 56 KM of the distance. Besides, you can always take a drive in your own car or book Kashmir tour packages which includes transportation.
How much does a trip to Kashmir cost?
If you are planning to travel to Kashmir, INR 15000 per person can be spent for 5-6 days but you have to do all the efforts like searching for hotels, cabs and other things on your own. Thrillophilia will help you get the best deal without doing any effort and it saves you a lot of money.
Thrillophilia offers different Kashmir tour packages including all the activities, accomodation, travelling and more by different tour packages from INR 12000 to INR 20000 per person including different locations for 5 to 6 days. The cheapest tour packages offered by Thrillophilia for kashmir include packages starting from INR 8000 to INR 15000 per person for 5-6 days including all the activities, accommodation and travelling.
How many days are enough for Jammu and Kashmir?
4-5 days are enough to cover all the prominent destinations of Jammu and Kashmir like Srinagar, Gulmarg, Manali, Pahalgam and other towns covering less area.
How can I go to Srinagar by train?
To reach Srinagar by train, there are the two nearest railway stations, one is Jammu Tawi and the other is Udhampur Railway Station. It is easy to reach these railway stations from the nearest cities.
From here, one can easily hire a taxi or private and govt. buses to reach Srinagar. Jammu Kashmir Tour Package includes all the reservations of train and bus or taxi to reach the destination easily and comfortably.
Is Jammu Kashmir worth visiting?
Of course, Jammu and Kashmir is totally worth visiting with all its unique features like its vegetation, terrains, cultures, cuisines, scenic views, adventurous sports and much more. It is truly a paradise on earth and a must visit.
What should I buy in Jammu Kashmir?
Wooden carvings: wooden carved jewelry boxes, show pieces or furniture are some things one should buy. These are carved in the wood of walnut trees and are available in different shapes, sizes at a reasonable price available at Raghunath Bazaar or Hari market.
1. Carpets: Carpets are locally made beautiful handicrafts, available there in different sizes, materials. The price also varies according to the skill, labour and material used in making it available at Kashmir Government Arts Emporium in Jammu.
2. Shawls: Pashmina are beautiful shawls which are famous in Jammu and Kashmir and these will also keep you warm available at Poshish, an outlet of J&K located in Udyog Bhawan.
3. Dry Fruits: Good quality Dry fruits are available in Jammu and Kashmir which cannot be left out. Dates, Almonds, Walnuts and Cashews are some dry fruits available at a reasonable price at registered vendors in Raghunath Bazaar.
4. Saffron: One cannot miss out buying saffron which is quite expensive but in Jammu you can get it at a good price from Kashmir Government Arts Emporium in Jammu.
What time does it start to snow in Kashmir and where can we see the snow?
Snowfall starts in Kashmir from the first week of November till January and January is the coldest month in Kashmir. It helps in reducing pollution in neighbouring cities and is an important source of water for summers.
1. Pahalgam: It is one of the biggest tourist attractions and most loved by adventure sports lovers. It is a beautiful place with snow covered mountains and beautiful valleys.
2. Gulmarg: It is another destination 46 kilometers away from Srinagar to see and cherish snow covered areas, mountains and beautiful surroundings.
3. Vaishno devi: A holy place where millions of people visit from across the world receives snowfall where people trek to reach the top to get blessings of the Goddess.
4. Ladakh: Is a one hour journey by air from Jammu. It is one of the coldest in India to receive snowfall where visitors enjoy snow adventure sports.
Which part of Kashmir is most beautiful?
Although each nook and corner of Kashmir is extravagantly beautiful, Pangong Tso and Baramulla hold a special corner in every traveller enthusiast’s bucket list.
Is Jammu Kashmir safe to travel?
Yes, Jammu and Kashmir is totally safe to travel. However, you should stay clear of travelling in the night time as the roads of the valleys possess sharp curves and it would be dangerous to drive in the dark.
Where and when can I go skiing in Kashmir?
January to November are suitable months to go for skiing and the different locations where you can go for skiing are:
-Gulmarg: It is a great destination to have the spectacular views of snow covered areas and mountains. It is a gorgeous place for skiing and it is 46 kilometres away from Srinagar.
-Pahalgam: It is one of the biggest tourist attractions as it is filled with beautiful snow covered mountains, amazing valleys, where snow can be seen everywhere. You can enjoy skiing here and you will love this place if you are an adventure sports freak.
What is the Best time to visit Kashmir?
November to March are the suitable months in which you can enjoy your trip to Kashmir and you can get great offers at the Jammu and Kashmir tour packages.
Summers: Months from March to June are ideal in the summer season. In summers, you can see greenery, lakes, valleys and natural beauty. One can enjoy adventure sports like paragliding, trekking, river rafting, hot air ballooning and a lot more during this season.
Winters: Months from September to March are good to visit Kashmir. Winters are ideal to visit Kashmir to get the spectacular views of snow covered mountains and enjoy skiing and snow skating.
What is famous in Jammu Kashmir?
Jammu and Kashmir is famous for its spectacular beauty and abundance of natural scenic views. However, Jammu packages are mainly renowned among the pilgrims for its temples whereas Srinagar side is famous for its lakes and gardens among nature enthusiasts.
Which are the famous Street foods in Jammu and Kashmir?
1. Kachalu chaat: A tangy and spicy chaat with flavours of lemon, black eyed beans, red chilli and tamarind on taro roots spiced up with potatoes.
2. Kaladi Kulcha: A heavenly tasting kulcha is served with mozzarella cheese and garnished with cooked vegetables. It tastes best with garlic or chilli chutney to indulge you in spiciest flavours.
3. Rajma Chawal: Loved by almost all Indians, the kidney beans served with rice filled with delicious spices and flavour of onion and tomatoes will leave you craving for more.
4. Khatta Meat: For all the non-veg lovers out there, a tangy and khatta (sour) but delicious gravy made from pomegranates and amchur (dried mango powder).
5. Butter Tea: Tibetian Butter Tea is the best tea for all tea lovers. In the colder regions of Kashmir, this tea is an essential part to keep them warm. It is prepared by adding butter and salt to the tea.
6. Herbal tea: Ladakh serves you with the best herbal tea as it is from the land of monks and monasteries. A healthy tea to get energised and to bear the cold, it is served by monks by faith and prayers.
What is the best time to visit Jammu and Kashmir?
Best time to visit Jammu and Kashmir is in between the months of March to August when the Spring and the Summer season are setting the atmosphere with soothing temperatures and enjoyable weather everyday.
Although most of the parts of Jammu and Kashmir stay closed due to snowfall in the winters, there are various places which you can visit in this season too. Mainly people interested in trekking on snow, skiing or experiencing snowfall like to plan their vacation in this season. In case you are one of these enthusiasts, make sure to have spare days in your hand as your trip might not get according to the plan.
Which are the most romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Jammu and Kashmir?
Kashmir tour packages for couples include all the amazing and romantic things to do with your partner.
1. Shikara ride: In Srinagar, which is one of the most visited places to visit in Kashmir, couples can take a ride in shikaras on the banks of the Jhelum River. Water Skiing is another sport couples can enjoy on Dal or Nagin Lake.
2. Long walk at Kishtwar: Kishtwar is a place covered with mountains and pine forests perfect for couples who would love a long walk. Near Kishtwar is Paddar which is famous for its Sapphire and Ruby mines along with Tatta Pani- a hot spring to take a dip in.
3. Adventure sports: Bhaderwah is a destination for nature and adventure sport lovers where one can enjoy the mesmerising views and go paragliding, trekking or other activities with their loved one.
4. Romantic trek at Vishansar lake: A must see location near Sonmarg, with adventurous routes and amazing views, you can hold your partner’s hand and go for a long and romantic trek here.
5. Sonmarg: It has several lakes for fishing, boating and many more activities which can be performed and loved by couples. It offers spectacular views and exciting experiences associated with Sonmarg which a couple on honeymoon should not miss.
6. Reckless sporting at Gulmarg: A romantic destination with snow covered mountains and adventure sports like skiing, trekking, golfing, snowboarding, fishing and mountain biking. Gulmarg is the most favoured place for visiting by couples.
Which are the famous Lakes to visit in Kashmir?
1. Dal lake:
Filled with floating lotus, water chestnuts and water lilies, Dal lake is known as the jewel in Kashmir’s crown. It is the most visited Lakes in Kashmir due to its popularity. Shikara rides, kayaking, canoeing and other water sports can be cherished here. Also, surrounded by mountains, it looks mesmerising in winters when it freezes.
2. Nagin lake:
Lying on the foothill of zabarwan mountain, nagin lake is a beautiful lake surrounded with spectacular views. One can hire a boat for a romantic trip and can also go for a shikara ride. Several vendors selling fruits, fresh flowers, nuts, shawls, carpets, baked and leather goods can also be seen here.
3. Wullar Lake:
It is one of the largest freshwater lakes in Asia. It gives splendid views of mountains from one side and valleys from the other because of its perfect location between Sopore and Bandipore. Kashmir sightseeing is also famous with a bird watcher’s paradise near the lake named Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary.
4. Surinsar Lake:
According to the Hindu Mythology, this lake originated when Arjuna (a character from Mahabharata) shot an arrow on the ground. With countless lotus flowers on the surface, hills and thick forests all around, this lake is a famous tourist spot in Jammu and Kashmir.
5. Mansar Lake:
Surrounded by dense forests and hills, Mansar lake is popular for the food and crafts festival. Every year, thousands of tourists visit here on Baisakhi as it is a hub for Hindu Pilgrims and the 'food and crafts' festival attracts the people which is organised on Baisakhi. It is also famous for boating and the religious Sheeshnag shrine. Tortoise, different fishes and seasonal birds can be seen while boating as well.
Is it safe to visit Kashmir?
Kashmir is a part of the Jammu and Kashmir region of India where there was tension between Pakistan and India. However, now the state is completely safe as we have our brave soldiers standing at the border to protect us so that you can enjoy your trip.
However, there might be pickpockets or some people asking for more money than usual, you should take care of your personal belongings and book your tour package from Thrillophilia to avoid paying extra and to avail great deals good for your pocket.
What are the most popular houseboat stays in Jammu and Kashmir?
1. Houseboat Altaf:
Situated in Srinagar, houseboat Altaf offers facilities like wifi, hot tub, hair dryer, restaurant, lounge, bike rentals, car rentals and terrace. Water skiing can be enjoyed near the houseboat as well.
2. S Group of Houseboats:
Houseboat with private rooms and other facilities like washing machine, TV, hot tub, toiletries, sofa, fireplace, and a garden and lounge to relax after a tiring day.
3. Whitehouse Group of Houseboats:
A houseboat with private rooms attached with a lake view balcony, wifi, delicious breakfast and car rentals. It is an amazing place to stay and get the benefits of the mesmerizing views.
4. New Zaindari Palace:
This houseboat offers wifi, restaurant, shared lounge, private rooms with balcony and bathrooms with all the facilities, continental breakfast and barbeque. Car rentals are also available. Cycling and fishing can be done in the surrounding.
5. New Bombay heritage group of houseboats:
This houseboat offers wifi, restaurant, seating area, private rooms with bathrooms including all the facilities like hot tub, shower and toiletries. It is located in Srinagar and is an amazing place to stay at during your vacation.
Which mobile networks function in kashmir?
All leading mobile networks work in Kashmir but not prepaid, only postpaid mobile services are available. Moreover, the postpaid services of BSNL and Airtel work best in this region. You can ask for a temporary sim from your travel operator.