Popular Places To Stay in Dharamshala
|2 Days 1 Night||₹ 6798.0|
|2 Days 1 Night||₹ 1945.0|
|2 Days 1 Night||₹ 2400|
|2 Days 1 Night||₹ 8260|
|2 Days 1 Night||₹ 5126.0|
Nestled in the lap of the majestic Dhauladhar ranges, no stay in Dharamshala is ever a dull one. With its splendid scenic beauty and tranquil locale, the city offers a fantastic refuge away from the madding bustle of urban life.
The city offers a number of budget friendly as well as luxurious residential options. The home stays here, with their rustic charm and quaint beauty, offers some of the best places to stay in Dharamshala. From the authentic villa experience at Forktail Villa to the modest beauty of Mountain and Moon, the stays here cater to all tastes and budgets.
To enjoy the beauty of the mountains in luxury, the resorts of the city offer an ideal opulent stay in Dharamshala. With their spacious rooms and state of the art facilities, resorts such as King Castle or D’s Casa Hotel offer some of the most elegant retreats amidst the natural splendor.
Being a popular destination among students and solo backpackers, Dharamshala is also known for its share of hostels. Stays like Zostel and Shalom Backpackers offer facilities catered especially for young travellers, and provide an excellent community experience to its guests.
Staying in Dharamshala can be both fun and exotic- from heritage stays like the Taragarh Palace or Chonor House, to living amidst the tea plantations of Adivaha- a holiday here can never be boring!
People Also Ask About Dharamshala Stays
Which are some of the best offbeat stays in Dharamshala?
1. Clouds End Villa Cottages: With its own private forest area, Clouds End Villa is one of the most interesting places to stay in Dharamshala. The villa cottages offer an ideal cabin-stay experience, with its wooden furnishings and location amidst the wild.
2. Adivaha Suits and Cottages: Commonly known as the White Haven Estates, Adivaha in Dharamshala is a heritage palatial located in the middle of a tea plantation. With its artfully decorated rooms, this heritage stay in Dharamshala offers the unique experience of living in the midst of tea gardens.
3. Chonor House: Built out of stones obtained from the surrounding mountains, Chonor House is a heritage stay constructed during the colonial era. All rooms at Chonor House are fitted with either a terrace or a balcony, along with all required modern facilities.
4. Taragarh Palace: Initially built as a summer resort for the Royal family of Jammu Kashmir, the Taragarh Palace was later converted into a luxury stay. This heritage resort houses compact, well-furnished rooms that offer a comfortable stay.
5. Shalom Backpackers McLeodganj: Shalom Backpackers is the ideal choice for solo travellers or students travelling to Dharamshala. With its aim to create a fun, community experience, the staff at Shalom caters to its guests individually and offer guidance and advice to assist in their travel plans. The homestay also conducts fun, interactive activities with its guests.
What are the best stays near Bhagsu waterfall?
1. Zostel: Tucked away in a quiet corner of Dharamshala, Zostel offers a luxurious stay experience. The hotel offers private rooms, 4-bed rooms as well as dormitories for stay, making it an ideal destination for backpackers and families alike.
2. White Water Inn: White Water Inn aims to provide its guests with an experience that is ecologically and culturally sensitive. This bed and breakfast stay in Dharamshala offers private rooms as well as dormitories. The Inn focuses on minimalist living with a focus on yoga and meditation, and offers beautiful, open spaces within the compound for the pursuit of spiritual practices.
3. La Vaca India: La Vaca India in Mcleodganj is a budget stay ideally suited for backpackers and student travelers. This well-furnished residence offers private as well as dorm rooms for stay. The rooms are fitted with their private bathrooms.
4. Hotel Fontana: Hotel Fontana is a modest homestay within walking distance to the Bhagsu Falls. The modest rooms, well-furnished and clean, are ideal for those travelling on a budget. Rooms are fitted with all modern amenities including a kitchen area, television sets and geyser.
Which are the best places to stay in Dharamshala that are good for families?
1. Rana's House Mcleodganj: Located a short distance away from the bustle of the main market road, Rana's House offers a quiet retreat amidst the mountain. The double bedrooms, with their modern furnishings and splendid views, make it an ideal destination for family stays. Rana's House is known for its value for money, hospitality and cleanliness.
2. The Horizon Villa: Offering spacious apartments with a colonial style decor, the rooms at the Horizon Villa offer a perfect stay for families and large groups. The apartments are attached to adjacent stone-terraced gardens, open to the guests for use.
3. Heaven's View BnB: Offering a stunning view of the surrounding mountain ranges,the apartment style rooms at Heaven's View BnB are ideal for families. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom of its own. The Bed and Breakfast is also popular for its convenient location, situated only a short walk away from the Dalai Lama Temple.
4. WelcomHeritage Grace Hotel: A heritage hotel constructed in an erstwhile 19th century manor, this Hotel offers a luxurious stay in the heart of the mountains. The spacious rooms are well-suited to families and large groups. The Hotel also includes an in-house restaurant, a meditation hall, a garden and a terrace.
How can I go to Dharamshala?
- By Bus: Cities like Delhi, Pathankot, Jalandhar, Shimla and Amritsar are connected to Dharamshala by road. Inter-state buses conduct frequent up-down journeys between Dharamshala and the aforementioned cities.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Dharamshala is the Pathankot Railway Station. From here, you can either take a bus, or hail a taxi to reach Dharamshala.
- By Air: The nearest airport to Dharamshala is the Gaggal Airport, which is located around 15 kilometers away. The city is connected to Delhi, Kullu and Chandigarh by air. From here, you can take a taxi to travel to Dharamshala.
How much would a homestay in Dharamshala cost?
Dharamshala offers both luxurious and budget-friendly homestays. A homestay in Dharamshala would cost anywhere between Rs.800-Rs.3,000. Prices may vary depending upon the location of the homestay, the duration of stay and the number of rooms booked.
How many days should I stay in Dharamshala?
A three day stay at Dharamshala would be ideal to explore the beauty that the quaint little town has to offer. Three days in Dharamshala would allow you to enjoy the best that the hill station has to offer through camping, trekking, or even visiting the various sightseeing spots around the town.
What is the best time to visit Dharamshala?
The best time to visit Dharamshala is during the months of spring and summer, between February to June. During this time, the weather remains cool and pleasant. Temperatures hardly rise above 25 degree Celsius, and short spells of rain are common.
However, if one is keen on enjoying the frigid weather and snow, one may choose to visit Dharamshala between the months of October to February, when the place is covered in beautiful white snow.
What are the best resorts to stay in Dharamshala?
1. D’s Casa Hotel, Mcleodganj: A hill resort commanding stunning views of the majestic Dhauladhar, D’s Casa Hotel is one of the best luxury resorts in Dharamshala. The luxurious rooms, hotel pool, dining options and beautiful locale make for an ideal destination for holiday stay in Dharamshala.
2. Hotel Norbu House: Situated in the quietest area of Dharamshala, Hotel Norbu House, with its state of the art rooms and amenities, offers a comfortable and inherently relaxing refuge. The Hotel is also conveniently located near several top tourist spots in Dharamshala, such as the Dalai Lama temple or the Dal Lake.
3. Pink House: Commanding an attractive view of the surrounding mountains, Pink House is a family run budget guest house. Ideally suited for those looking for a quiet stay in Dharamshala, the resort is located away from the bustle of the city, and is known for its excellent hospitality and service. Amenities here include an in-house restaurant of its own with complimentary breakfast options.
4. Hotel Inclover: With its modern architectural styles, Hotel Inclovers stands out among the rustic beauty of Dharamshala. The luxurious resort is equipped with the best modern amenities, spacious rooms and services that provide an experience fit for kings. Inclover also has an in-house restaurant and bar of its own.
Which are the best homestays in Dharamshala?
1. The Unmad: The Unmad is a quaint little guesthouse in Dharamkot. With its double-roomed stay fitted with all necessary amenities, the Unmad is one of the most budget-friendly places to stay in Dharamshala. The well-furnished rooms, fitted with a patio, offers a stunning view of the surrounding mountain ranges.
2. Mountain n Moon: Just as the name promises, Mountain n Moon in Dharamshala offers the best of the countryscape. With its convenient and pocket-friendly booking rates, Mountain n Moon is one of the best places to stay in Dharamshala for students and solo trekkers.
3. Cozy Homestay: With its rustic vibes and cozy rooms, this homestay offers a peaceful and comfortable refuge in the mountains. The one-bedroom stay, fitted with a bathroom and kitchen equipment, is an ideal visit for both families and couples.
4. Anandam Homestay: One of the few places to stay in Dharamshala that allow pets, Anandam Homestay strives to offer the best stay experience for families. The rooms are spacious and well-furnished, overlooking the beautiful green valleys below.
5. Forkstay Villa: With its modern architecture and top-class amenities, this homestay is one of the best luxurious places to stay in Dharamshala. This unique boutique property offers an ideal stay for families or large groups of friends.