Popular Chiang Mai Packages
Chiang Mai Tour Packages
|Bangkok Chiang Mai Phuket Tour Package||10 Days / 9 Nights||₹ 83999.0|
|Chiang Mai Budget Tour Package||5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 28499.0|
|Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai Tour Package||5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 40999.0|
|5 Days 4 Nights Chiang Mai Tour Package||5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 22999.0|
|Unseen Thailand Tour with Mountain Biking and Bamboo Rafting||15 Days / 14 Nights||₹ 152000.0|
Chiang Mai Tours: Browse through a wide range of Chiang Mai tour packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Chiang Mai trip packages with exciting deals & offers
Chiang Mai Tour Packages calls for an escape from the worries of the daily life of the world of peace and tranquillity. The northern capital of Thailand, Chiang Mai is an absconding getaway from the whirlwind tread of life bringing tourist to this place from afar. Despite the continuous advent of the trains and planes bringing plenty of sightseers, the quondam seat of the kingdom of Lanna is still constituted to be extremely laid back and calm. This is a worthwhile place to chill and relax so as to recharge yourself to fullest. If you are not an action-oriented person, then you can happily stride through various at things like strolling through the backstreets, roaming around and exploring the city in totality and careful witness the firm and happy atmosphere, attitude and aspect of Thai.
Nuzzled amongst the dense woods, Chiang Mai is much older than what it appears now. At the time of the ancient heyday, everything in the city was structured of teak tugged by the elephant from the neighboring rainforest. The monasteries in the city are still situated and centered on the retrospective brick called Chedi or stupa in an extraordinary range of styles and shapes, but the consequent spaces in between them are strewn with the contemporary tourist hotels and Thai houses. In spite this, the historical monasteries of the place Chiang Mai still remains one of the top-notch attractions making the surrounding extremely overwhelming and tranquil.
Chiang Mai is a contemporary sprawling city that has along with the eidetic and ancient past. Ducked by a snarl of superhighways, but on driving straight in any consequent direction, you will soon encounter yourself around greenery fostering beauty of nature – the countryside of North Thailand. A short and happy ride by the bike or red truck (rot daang) calls deliver you to a place delineating pristine reserves of rainforest, wavering waterfalls, serene and calm woods, tranquil countryside hamlets and fizzing hot spring water. You might even encounter a spiking and zealous host of camps, souvenir markets, and sanctuaries for elephants. Chiang Mai Tour Package will give you a chance to explore Chiang Mai at its best.
People Also Ask About Chiang Mai Tours
Which are the best places to visit in Chiang Mai?
1. Chang Puak Gate Night Market: This famous night market sets up every evening after 5:00 pm just outside the north gate (Chang Phuak) of the Old City. Known for its authentic Thai dishes, its vendors sell a wide variety of dishes at a cheap price. The market remains open till midnight and is a bustling place to enjoy night time with your friends, beloved, or family. Here, you can find noodles, soup, omelets, skewered meats, seafood, fresh fruit juices, and Thai desserts.
Location: 248/70 Manee Nopparat Rd, Tambon Si Phum, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Timings: 5:00 pm to 12:00 am
2. Sunday Walking Market: To enjoy a unique and affordable shopping experience in Chiang Mai head to this Sunday Walking Market. Stretching for more than 1 km, it offers a wide spectrum of traditional art, handicrafts, music, and food.
The market is also known for its local events ranging from dance performances to beauty pageants. The bustling ambiance, a variety of local street food, and vibrant display of handcrafted pieces make the visit to this market a memorable one.
Location: Tha Pae to Ratchadamnoen Road, Chiang Mai Old City, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Timings: Sun 4:00 pm to 12:00 am
3. Kat Rin Kham Night Bazaar: Popular amongst college students for being close to Chiang Mai University, this market sells everything from street food, clothes, and accessories to handicrafts. It is liked by youths for its cheap prices and diverse variety of items. Other than clothes and accessories, the market is also preferred for its tattoo studios and street food joints.
Location: Next to Maya Mall, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Timings: 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm
4. Wat Phra Singh: One of the most revered temples, Wat Phra Singh is the 14th-century Buddhist temple. A marvel of ancient architecture and design, the temple also boasts gold & copper Buddhas, beautiful murals, and ancient manuscripts.
Located inside the Old City wall, the temple attracts visitors from across the world for its magnificent Lanna-style structure and glittering Viharn. Although it remains busy with visitors all year round, it becomes the center of attraction during the Thai New Year festival held in mid-April.
Location: 2 Samlarn Rd, Phra Sing, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50280, Thailand
Timings: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
5. San Kamphaeng Hot Springs: The San Kamphaeng Hot Springs is amongst the unique places to visit in Chiang Mai. Located approx. 40 km from Chiang Mai, this natural marvel pleases with its spectacular natural scenery and fresh ambiance.
Here, you can refresh yourself with a Thai foot massage or a sulfuric soak in the hot tubs available on the rent. Here, you can also relish traditional Thai dishes available at various stalls. Another highlight of this destination is that you can buy eggs near the hot springs and boil them there and eat them with soy sauce.
Location: Ban Sa Ha Khon, Mae On District, Chiang Mai 50130, Thailand
Timings: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Read More: Places To Visit In Chiang Mai
What are the best things to do in Chiang Mai?
1. Whitewater Rafting on the Mae Taeng River: Are you a water sports lover? Whitewater rafting on the Mae Taeng River is something that will definitely satisfy your cravings. There are several Chiang Mai packages that offer a day full of world-class rafting fun, thrills, and excitement.
The river offers more than 20 rapids of classes II, III and IV that can test your adrenaline. Feel the thrills of crossing different rapids and be amazed by the stunning lush scenery of the forests and mountains. The packages also offer professional guides, lunch and hotel return transfers. The tour is suitable for all age visitors but having a reasonable fitness level.
2. Wat Phra That Doi Suthep: Visiting the Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, one of northern Thailand’s most sacred temples, amuses the visitors with its spiritual aura and architectural elegance. This golden spire is situated near the summit of Doi Suthep mountain just outside Chiang Mai and is more than 650 years old.
Choose one early morning package from Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Chiang Mai tours and attend an alms-giving ceremony without daytime crowds. Be amazed by the spectacular sunrise scenery from one of Chiang Mai’s highest points and get to learn about Thai culture and the Buddhist religion from a former monk.
Location: 9 Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Timing: 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
Click Here To Book: Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Tour
3. Ziplining: With a multitude of Chiang Mai packages offering different ziplining tours, you will have plenty of choices to test your height fear. Chiang Mai is one of the best destinations in Thailand that promises the ultimate ziplining experience amidst its lush landscapes. Even if you are a height fearer, you shall try this amazing activity once in life. And Chiang Mai offers you one of the most memorable experiences in the lap of Mother Nature. Just get strapped in your harness and enjoy the experience like never before!
Best Offers Only On: Ziplining In Chiang Mai
4. Long Neck Karen Village: The Padung Village or the ‘Long Neck Karen Village’ is known for its ethnic hill-tribal women. These women are world-famous for wearing brass rings around their necks as part of their culture. Some guided Chiang Mai packages include a visit to this village and let you learn about their culture and lifestyle. Don’t forget to buy a hand-crafted souvenir or getting clicked with the ladies dressed in their traditional and colourful attires.
Location: 6 Nang Lae, Mueang Chiang Rai District, Chiang Rai 57100, Thailand
Timing: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
5. Visit Chiang Mai Zoo: Visiting this amazing destination in Chiang Mai lets you see a diverse variety of animals and birds in their natural habitat. Located at the foothills of Doi Suthep Mountain, this zoo is spread over an area of 200 acres and is home to over 400 species of animals, including wild cats, zebras, giraffes to pandas, and an orangutan. A waterpark is also present within the premise where you can refresh yourself after long hours of exploration. Various Chiang Mai packages offer a visit to this place and mark your vacation with unbeatable experiences.
Location: 100 Huay Kaew Road, Chiang Mai, Muang, Chiang Mai 50200
Timing: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Click Here To Book: Chiang Mai Zoo Tickets
What is the best time to visit Chiang Mai?
The months between October and April have the most appropriate to plan a Chiang Mai Trip. Alternately, one could visit Chiang Mai during the time of the festivals when the whole city is flushed with color and most pulsating joy.
The months between November and February are well-suited for all kinds of outdoor activities and tourists in November get to witness the Loi Krathong festival. In the month of February, tourists can witness the beautiful Chiang Mai flower festival.
How do you get from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai?
The central town of Chiang Mai which is a popular tourist attraction is close to the lovely rural town of Chiang Rai. This place is famous for the indigenous Thai culture that is not something to be missed out. It is advisable that tourists choose Chiang Mai Tour packages which provide an alluring trip to this beautiful town.
The roadway is the only mode of transportation between the two places. It is either the bus, rental car, minibus or a motorcycle that takes you between towns. The bus option is by far the easiest and the most affordable of all. It is also convenient and comfortable. Uber in Chiang Mai is also a great option.
Also Read: Things To Do In Chiang Mai Old City
What is Chiang Mai famous for?
A Chiang Mai Tour is incomplete without a taste of it’s rich heritage. The beautiful temples of Buddha and museums give you a dip into the past glory of this capital city of the older Lanna Kingdom. The tallest mountain in Thailand stands close to this town.
There are also two special tribal villages and several national parks that are major highlights and not to be certainly missed. From the spiritual abode of Doi Suthep to the various old city temples, you will find your eternal bliss over here. The ancient underground city of Wiang Kum Kam and the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary are some of the spots to explore in this city.
How much time do I need to explore Chiang Mai?
Though the usual Chiang Mai packages are of 2-3 days to offer you the galore of this city. But for deeper exploration, you’ll need 5 days time to uncover the secret of in the city. Spend the first day exploring the old city of Chiang Mai which has roads lined with old wicker basket shops. Right in the middle of the town, you’ll find the mesmerizing ruins of the Wat Chedi Luang.
You can spend the second day exploring the various tourist spots, including the Doi Suthep, the Night Bazar and enjoying the local food. The day three of the trip should be best spent at the Mon Tha Than Waterfall which you can reach by a rental scooter. You can spend the fourth day exploring the local culture of this city. Spend the fifth day of Chiang Mai trip in the Friday market or cliff jumping at the Grand Canyon.
Recommended Read: Things To Do In Chiang Mai In February
Which are some popular places to eat in Chiang Mai?
1. DK David’s Kitchen at 909: It’s a riverside restaurant that serves some of the finest Thai food in Chiang Mai. Their menu is not limited to the local food, but they also serve European, French, and several fusion foods. The ambiance, the food, the amenities are all factors that make it the best in the city. The restaurant remains closed on Sundays.
2. Tong Restaurant and Bar: This is an open-air restaurant that serves the most scrumptious northern Thai food. The setting is very laid-back and comfy, and it is popular for several signature dishes such as hang le and larb Kua.
3. The Restaurant at Anantara: Located on the Anantara resort, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and offers a fine and luxurious 5-star service to its customers.
4. The Gallery: This place is an amalgamation of artistic and culinary geniuses. The setting is lit in neon colors that attract the visitors. The magnificent food and modern amenities are truly breathtaking.
How to reach Chiang Mai from Bangkok?
There is the option of taking a flight, a bus, or even a train to reach Chiang Mai from Bangkok. If you avail a Chiang Mai tour package that recommends a flight, it will take merely 60-70 minutes to traverse between the cities.
The fare, of course, varies considerably. A train ride takes between 12-15 hours to get to Chiang Mai, but it is still the most popular route because of the low cost and the chance to experience the local beauty of Thailand. The final option can be a bus, which is again cost-effective.
Read More: Spas In Chiang Mai
Which are the best places to stay in Chiang Mai?
1. Rachamankha: With traditional Thai interiors and modern architectural additions such as tiled floors, wooden furniture, and high ceilings, this place is a real heritage. Located just 100 meters away from the Sunday Market, it provides the best services.
2. Pingviman Hotel: A beautiful building houses this place, and it has beautiful interiors. This hotel has an outdoor pool and a luxurious bar and gym.
3. U Nimman Chiang Mai: This is a very beautiful hotel enchanted by an outdoor pool. It is well-equipped with all the luxuries and has a touch of Thai aesthetics that complements its design.
4. Sakluchai Place: This is a budget-friendly place.with traditional décor. The rooms are airy and have adjoined balconies, and it offers all the modern-day amenities. It is at a short distance from both the old city and the Kad Suan Kaew shopping center.
5. Rustic River Boutique: This is a 3-star hotel that has majorly wooden décor. The antique furniture and Thai styled building give a great traditional touch to this place. Located near the river Ping, it offers a striking view of the city.
What about the temperature in daytime/nighttime in Chiang Mai?
The city of Chiang Mai experiences a very pleasant climate due to its elevated topographical location. The summer season is often too hot, and this is why most Chiang Mai tour packages don’t recommend a trip in the summer.
The rainy season in early June is a reprieve from the extreme heat, and it lingers on till October. The temperature gets to a pleasant 230 C during the night during these months. The winter season falls between December and February, and this is the most suitable time to visit the haven of Chiang Mai.
Also Read: Things To Do In Chiang Mai With Kids
What is there to do in Chiang Mai at night?
The Old City- This place is located inside the ruins of the ancient city of Chiang Mai. It has several little coffee houses, bars, and guesthouses with beautiful outdoor settings. The bars offer a range of night-time frolics such as pool, darts, and refreshing drinks.
1. The Ping River: The nightlife around this river is quite soothing. With live music and open-air restaurants serving local Thai delicacies, this is a spot one would want to visit again.
Click Here To Book: Ping River Dinner Cruise
2. Nimmanhaemin:This is the lavish area of the city and has several coffee shops lined up. Several restaurants, clubs, and craft beer shops are also popular here.
3. The Night Bazaar : This is a famous tourist spot and has several little stalls filled with traditional Thai tinkers that you could take as souvenirs. Also, this is a central hub to enjoy Thai cuisine.
4. Muay Thai Fight: The Thai national sport, also called the ‘Dance of the eight limbs’ is not something to be missed. Stadiums hold fights that happen throughout the week.
5. Night Safari: You get the chance to witness wild beasts in their natural state at night while you choose to go for a night safari. Animal performances like those of lions, tigers, zebras, giraffes, etc. make this a memorable trip.
Click Here To Book: Chiang Mai Night Safari Park Tours
What are the famous camping places in Chiang Mai?
Chiang Mai packages also include the opportunity to get a whiff of adventure by camping on Chiang Mai trekking excursions.
1. Doi Khun Tan National Park: This is a huge area with a dense forest cover of bamboo, pine, oak, and teak trees. It houses exquisite species of animals such as the weasel, Siamese hare, wild boars, and porcupines. There are also several beautiful butterflies and flowers such as orchids over here.
This place also has the largest Thai tunnel and has a 6 km long trail right up to the mountain top, which is an easy hiking option. It takes about an hour and a half at the most to cover it.
2. Doi Suthep Camping: This place offers you the ultimate chance for a romantic escapade. Couples and young pairs enjoy the trail up to the mountain relishing in the blanket of stars overhead. The view from here is like nothing else you’ve seen! You can spend your night in the tents laid over here.
3. Ob Khan National Park: This serene spot makes all your escapist fantasies come alive with beautiful butterflies and dragonflies. The river of Mae Khan is quite clean and absolutely perfect for a dip in the calm ends.
4. Doi Inthanon National Park: This is the highest mountain in Thailand, and you can feel the atmosphere going quite cold over here. The mountain top gets blanketed by a mist that gives this place a transcendental feel. The bird population here is quite large, and you can find over here various self-led hiking trails for your exploration. It also has several exotic plants and beautiful waterfalls. The overall experience of Doi Inthanon is heavenly.
Click Here To Book: Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
Where can I go for wildlife safari tours in Chiang Mai?1. Elephant Rescue Park: A happy home for the rescued elephants, this place provides a safe, loving, and secure environment for them. Search for the Chiang Mai tours that include this destination to visit the place and spend some time with these lovely animals.
2. Hill Tribe Elephant Care Village & Grand Canyon Jumping: The Grand Canyon in Chiang Mai offers you an incredible and unforgettable experience with friendly elephants. Here, you not only get the chance to feed, pamper, or pose with elephants but can also indulge in cliff jumping.
3. Doi Suthep Pui National Park: Offering one of the incredible Chiang Mai tours, the safari to this park lets you see a diverse variety of animals and birds in their natural habitat.
4. Doi Inthanon National Park: The highly recommended Chiang Mai tours for all nature and wildlife lovers, these jeep safaris offer beautiful views of flora and fauna at the highest mountain in Thailand.
5. Chiang Mai Night Safari: With three animal zones set around a pristine lake near Chiang Mai, this place features two safaris, including Savanna Safari and Predator Prowl. You can explore the third zone, Jaguar Trail, only on foot.
Do Checkout: Cycling In Chiang Mai
Which are the best places for shopping in Chiang Mai?1. The Sunday Walking Street: From shopping traditional souvenirs to trying out local recipes, this market offers almost everything to locals and visitors. The market is famous for its lively and delightful ambiance and offers a great insight into the country's rich heritage and culture.
2. Central Airport Plaza: For luxury and brand lovers, this place is a paradise. From international brands to famous local authentic handicrafts, its showrooms sell everything exclusive and traditional.
3. Ton Lamyai Market: Located next to the Talat Warorot Market, this market has two sections: one selling fresh flowers and another has handicraft and garments shops. Don't forget to visit this market on your trip and mark your vacation full of Jasmine fragrance.
4. Bor Sang Village: A famous market, it sells paper-umbrella artisanry and crafts. Located on the outskirts, this market is hard to miss for its colorful handmade and papercrafts.
5. Warorot Market: A foodies paradise, this market is known for its variety of street food recipes. Here, you can buy ready-to-eat snacks, local dishes, and fresh vegetables & fruits. Other than food items, the market also sells inexpensive goods, like apparel, fashion accessories, and personal care products.
What are the best things to do in Chiang Mai for couples?
1. Have a romantic dinner at Huen Huay Kaew Restaurant: Nothing can beat the experience of relishing tasty recipes in a romantic ambiance. The Huen Huay Kaew Restaurant provides you a perfect romantic setting for candlelight dinner and assures you one of the most delightful and blissful dining experiences.
2. Swim by the Mae Sa Waterfall: Head to this amazing waterfall, which is actually a set of 10 small waterfalls. The place is absolutely poetic and offers you the perfect surroundings for a romantic outing. Either hike to the highest tier of the fall or refresh yourself with a swim in its cozy pools.
3. Cruise along Mae Ping River: Enjoy the romantic aura of the Mae Ping River while floating over it onboard a traditional boat. Choose one of the Chiang Mai tours offering an evening cruise with a romantic dinner.
4. Go for a Night Safari: Plan a trip to this fabulous place to make your romantic trip one of the most beautiful ones. On this safari, you not only get to see a diverse variety of flora and fauna but will see dancing lights and fountain shows.
Check This Out: Trekking In Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep temple is highlighted by seven-headed snake statues that line the 306 stairs, making it a sacred spot for Thais. When you reach the temple's terrace, the view from the top is simply breathtaking. It is around 15 kilometers outside of Chiang Mai, on top of the Doi Suthep mountain. One of northern Thailand's most revered temples, Doi Suthep, is perched atop the Doi Suthep mountain on the western suburbs of Chiang Mai. Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, located in the center of Thailand, was founded in 1383 by King Keu Naone to house a fragment of bone that is supposed to be a portion of Buddha's shoulder. A traveling monk from Sukhothai took it to Lanna, and it was broken down into two pieces near the mountain's base, with one piece preserved at Wat Suan Dok. The second bone was placed on a sacred white elephant before being released into the wild. As per the reports, the elephant ascended in the direction of Doi Suthep, and then came to a halt. It trumped three times and then died. At that time, it was a good omen, and on King Nu Naone's orders, construction of the temple began. Pavilions, stupas, sculptures, and wiharns make up the Wat Phra That Doi Suthep complex. Visitors can visit a museum on the premises, which houses historical artifacts, pictures, and old temple wares. The pavilions also include monks' housing rooms, an Ubosot prayer hall, a souvenir shop, and small shops selling drinks and food.Planning A Trip To Thailand, Book Our Thailand Tour Packages Now!
The Thanon Thong Chai Range, in the district of Chom Thong, Chiang Mai Province, Northern Thailand, is home to Doi Inthanon National Park. It has been dubbed "the roof of Thailand," and it was erected in 1972 as the country's tallest mountain. The mountain was previously known as Doi Luang before being renamed Doi Inthanon National Park. King Inthawichayanon, who was highly involved in the preservation of the woods of Northern Thailand, had the mountain renamed to honor his accomplishments.The entire area reaches a height of 2565 meters and is home to over 365 kinds of birds as well as beautiful foliage. There are also a variety of waterfalls strewn about, which is the first thing one notices while entering the national park, the massive waterfalls that round the entire area.During your visit, you will truly be tranquilized by the gorgeous forest and lush foliage. If you go trekking in Doi Inthanon National Park, you will be able to come across the enthralling natural beauty during your adventure. A stroll about the area can actually enhance an already fantastic experience. Visit the location early in the morning to see it in all of its splendor. It also houses a shrine dedicated to the remembrance of Chiang Mai's King, for whom the park is named.Planning A Trip To Thailand, Book Your Thailand Tour Packages Now!
Wat Chedi Luang features the largest Buddhist chedi located in the city of Chiang Mai, Thailand. It comprises three temples, namely, Wat Ho Tham, Wat Chedi Luang, and Wat Sukmi, which make the temple the greatest of all times. The most crucial part of the temple is its chedi (pagoda), built in the Lama-style architecture, which stands tall in the entire region.If you are a history buff, Wat Chedi Luang is one of the best places to visit due to its historical significance. While exploring the temple, you will discover several other attractions that will leave you surprised by its grandeur. The temple includes the city pillar that is the epitome of the center of the universe, which is also popularly known as Sao Inthakin. Moving further, there is the primary ‘viharn’ that hosts the popular standing Buddha statue and giant gum trees that are trusted to safeguard the city from evils. This religious attraction gathers a massive crowd during the Buddhist holidays, which is another best site to behold. During these times, all the devotees of Lord Buddha come together to offer their prayers and perform the task of evening candle procession.Planning A Trip To Thailand, Book Our Thailand Tour Packages Now!