About Devdan Show
Devdan Show is a spectacular cultural and entertainment show, organized at Bali, Indonesia. The magical show, performed at the Bali Nusa Dua Theatre Complex, portrays the heritage of the Indonesian diverse cultures and traditions. Conducted for a total duration of 90 minutes, the exotic show mesmerizes the tourists with song, dance, acrobatic performances, a special light, and sound effects and magical illusions.
“Devdan” is a word derived from Sanskrit, meaning God’s Grace. The show narrates the tale of two young children who get lost in the forest. In their venture to find their way out of the woods, they discover a treasure chest. The chest had magical relics of the Indonesian archipelago inside it, which they slowly try to uncover. The relics carry them across an adventurous and entertaining journey through the Indonesian islands of Java, Sumatra, Bali, Borneo, and Papua.
You can experience the exclusive song and dance performances unique to each of the islands. Papua offers a hunting festival celebrated by the locals, Borneo presents a love story, Java demonstrates a war scene and Sumatra specializes on the aerobic acts. The young children encounter volcanic eruptions, lava flows, winds, rains, storms as they cross each of the islands.
In 2010 Mr. Suparsono and Mrs. Lindratini, two famous successful entrepreneurs, created the magnificent Bali Nusa Dua Theatre. The theatre has a seating capacity of 700 divided into VIP and other A, B, C categories based on the prime view, good view and wing view respectively. In 2011, the Devdan show was initiated by the two entrepreneurs to fulfill their aspirations and dreams of illustrating the beauty of the country through entertaining dance and song performances. The show is held 4 times a week at the theatre. There are restaurants and a hotel inside the theatre premises. Adequate parking facilities are also available for visitors.
The dancers, singers, acrobats and other performers are elegantly decked up with bright coloured traditional attires and charming jewellery. The artists are talented and demonstrate stupendous skills of flexibility in their movements across the stage floor.
How to Reach Devdan Show
The Bali Nusa Dua Theatre is located at a distance of 14.2 km from Bali Ngurah Rai International Airport. The total driving time is 23 minutes by car. Local taxis are available from the airport to reach the theater premises. You can also book a cab from any travel operator or touring company.
There is not much transportation available at Nusa Dua hence it is advisable to hire a cab. You can reach the theater via the Bali Mandara Toll road.
Best Time to Visit Devdan Show
The Devdan show can be visited at any time of the year. But if you are on a tour in Indonesia, then the best time to visit is between May and September when the weather is sunny and bright. Tourists mostly prefer this time of the year for touring Indonesia. Monsoons are not preferable since there are frequent and heavy rainfalls that impose difficulty in commuting from one place to another.
What Not to Miss at Devdan Show
Places to Visit near Devdan show
There are a few interesting places to visit near Devdan show:
1. Bali Collection- Located adjacent to the Bali Nusa Theatre, the Bali Collections hosts several restaurants and retail shops. Spa and wellness centers are present inside the complex for body and mind relaxation. Local crafts and souvenirs are available in some shops. The place is open till 11:00 PM.
2. Museum Pasifika- Situated at a distance of 450 meters from the theatre, the museum contains a splendid repository of the finest historical artifacts and artistic creations. The collections are gathered from over 200 countries, with an exclusive display of skilled creativity of 25 artists.
3. The Bay Beach Clubs- The Bay is situated at a distance of 260 meters from the theatre. It contains 6 exotic beach fronts where you can spend a calm and relaxed time while enjoying the delicacies of your favourite cuisine. There are two Chinese restaurants Ocean Star and Hong Xing and a beach club with a swimming pool, DJ and Thai restaurant.
The Bay also hosts the famous Dirty Duck Dinner or Bebek Bengil. One of the beach clubs in the Bay connects Surf and Turf, the water park in Bali providing the tourists the opportunity to dine and enjoy the water sports. Another interesting part of the Bay is the Pirates Bay offering exclusive dining experience with family and friends.
4. Water Flow Beach- Water Flow beach is a beautiful beach, situated at a distance of 900 meters from the theatre. There is a walking track over the beach, guarded by protective railings. It is a stunning experience to watch the gigantic waves of the sea splashing against the beach rocks. The great splash of the water creates a mystic whitish foam reaching almost the top of the cliff. You can spend a wonderful evening at the beach, enjoying a leisurely relaxed walk with the soothing balmy breeze.
Other Essential Information About Devdan Show
- Location: Bali Nusa Dua Theatre is located at Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua, Komplek ITDC Nusa Dua, Bali – 80363.
- Timings: The Devdan Show is held 4 times in a week – Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 7:300 PM. The show duration is for 90 minutes, ending at 9:00 PM.
- Price: The price for VIP tickets is USD 120 and for A, B and C categories, it is USD 85, USD 65 and USD 40 respectively. For children, the price of VIP tickets is the same whereas for others 50% of the published ticket price needs to be paid. The tickets can be purchased online. Discounts are available on special festive occasions.
Tips for Visiting Devdan show
There are certain things you must remember while planning for Devdan show:
1. You must book the tickets 2 to 3 days in advance as the seats get filled up fast
2. It is advisable to book the tickets online. But you need to collect the physical tickets from the counter. At the counter only cash payments are acceptable
3. Food and beverages are not allowed inside the theatre
4. Children below 3 years and not occupying any seat, do need a ticket
5. Wheelchair and baby stroller facilities are available to access the theatre
6. The show starts at 7:30 PM hence it is recommended to be present at least 15 minutes before to avoid any rush during entry.