Boating in UdaipurOften referred as the city of lakes, the city of Udaipur is loaded with a plethora of water based activities out of which Udaipur boat ride has attracted most of the crowds. Loaded with vibrant colours and rich culture, the city of Udaipur has been mesmerising the tourist through its natural beauty and heritage buildings. However, what attracts tourists more is its peaceful vibes and the array of adventures. Lake Pichola and Fatehsagar Lake are two major tourist destinations where one can enjoy a quaint session of boating.
The azure blue waters and the colourful marine life adds more to your activity and you get to click loads of memorable pictures while boating in Udaipur. Either travelling with family or on a romantic trip with your lover, one mustn't miss the chance to traverse through the crystal clear waters and gaze at the beautiful sight of sunset as they row their boats.
Here, you will get a chance to choose from two types of boating experience, one will be a shikara boat and the other will be a paddle boat. The experience is kind of similar, however a shikara is more preferred by the photographers and couples. Thus, make sure you indulge yourself in a session of boat trip Udaipur and spend a day traversing through the glistening waters.
People Also Ask About Boating in Udaipur
Which are the best places for boating in Udaipur?
1. Fatehsagar Lake: Fatehsagar Lake is one of the most famous locations to enjoy Udaipur boat ride. Not only do you get a chance to paddle through azure waters but you can also enjoy a scenic session of shikara ride. Attracting loads of tourists everyday, the lake is a go to spot for the locals who visit here to sit nearby and marvel at the never ending stretch of blue waters. Located across the Moti Magri Hill, the Fatehsagar Lake is the second largest manmade lake in Udaipur and covers an area of 4 KM square. This amount of area will surely provide you with a very scenic spot and if taking a shikara, you will be guided to the best spots of the lake. The lake has three different islands in the middle of it and two of those are public parks.
Location: Fatehsagar Lake, Udaipur, 313001
Timing: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Price: INR 300 to INR 500 per person
2. Lake Pichola: Lake Pichola is one of the biggest lakes in Rajasthan and has been providing the best spots to enjoy a session of paddling and rowing the boats. The best time to enjoy this activity are the morning and evening hours. The lake is famous for the small palace located in its centre known as Jag Mandir which offers dining facilities and boats are used as a vehicle to reach there. Udaipur boat ride in Lake Pichola will provide you with various scenic spots as the lake takes up an area of around 7 kilometre square. In the morning, you can marvel at the beautiful sunrise while rowing your boat and in the evening, the beautiful reflections of sunset will provide you with many scenic reflections of your Udaipur boat ride.
Location: Lake Pichola, Udaipur, 313001
Timing: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Price: INR 700 to INR 1000 per person
What is the best time to do boating in Udaipur?
The best season for boating in Udaipur is just after the monsoon season when the water level rise and the marine life is thriving, Around the months of July to October, you will get a chance to enjoy best boating experience in Lake Pichola and Fatehsagar Lake and you might also spot various colourful fishes.
How much does boating in Udaipur cost?
The price of boating in Udaipur depends on the type of boat you are hopping on and the time duration for which you want to paddle, row it. A one hour long ride on comfortable shikara will cost you around INR 700 to INR 1000 per person and the same for paddle boats will cost you somewhere around INR 500 per person.
Is it safe to do boating in Udaipur?
Yes, you will be provided with all the necessary safety gears before starting your session of boating in Udaipur. From life jackets to first aid kits, all kinds of facilities will be provided. In addition to this, you will be accompanied by a professional helmsman who will take you to many beautiful spots of the lake if you opt for a shikara.
What things should I keep in mind while doing a boat ride in Udaipur?
- When boating in Udaipur, make sure that you do not eat heavy meals or drink any kind of alcohol as this might cause nausea and vomiting.
- Wearing life jackets is a must and the most important step to a safe boating experience.
- On a shikara, make sure that you follow the rules and not tangle with corner weights.
- Check weather before opting for the activity as you will not wish sudden rains to interrupt your adventure.
- Do not panic at all, try to enjoy the feel as you traverse through the pristine waters.
- Take care of cameras and other items because once they fall in the water, finding them would be impossible.