Adventure Sports in UdaipurAdventure in Udaipur is the best way to unfurl the thrill one can feel in this desert land. Apart from being a heritage spot, Udaipur is abode tons of adventure activities that one should definitely experience once in their lifetime. For the list of Udaipur adventure sports, it starts with bicycle tours, rock climbing, horse riding, aerial sports and others that people choose as per their bucket list. These will cater to all the excitement and fun you would have been expecting on your vacation.
The most famous activity of all times that almost all the visitors indulge into is boating at the Lake Pichola and Fateh Sagar Lake. It offers a scenic perspective of this lake city. Other adventure activities in Udaipur that may seem overrated but offer an exceptional experience is helicopter ride. It offers one opportunity to sight the extravagant lake city, Udaipur with a bird’s eye view. Choose an adventure of your preference and enjoy your heart out on your vacations in Udaipur.
People Also Ask About Adventure in Udaipur
What are the best adventure things to do in Udaipur?
1. Hiking at Tiger Lake: This activity marks its onset from a small village in Udaipur called ‘Morwania’. The trek is guided by a local resident of this village. Mark your way through the farms and old yet unique houses of the village.
Learn from your navigator about the crops that are grown here as you hike towards your destination. As soon as you start coming close to the tiger hill, the hike begins on a hill that will actually test your strength in this adventure in Udaipur. Grab the astonishing views of the surrounding once to reach your destination and capture the captivating views of the same.
Location: Morwania Village, Udaipur.
Timing: 8 AM-5 PM.
Price: INR 590 per adult.
2. Helicopter Excursion: Sweep in the views of the lake city and renowned places like Haldi Ghati, the ancient battlefield to help the visitors get a bird’s eye view of the city. Watch the stunning lakes, ancient structures, forts, palaces and more as you take a ride above all in the city. It is one of the most thrilling adventure activities in Udaipur that many people indulge in for an exceptional experience.
Location: Near Pratap Gourav Kendra, Badgaon, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313011.
Timing: 10 AM-6 PM.
Price: Starting From INR 7500 per person.
3. Horse Riding: Feel like a royal as you experience a horse ride along the majestic Aravalli Hills in Udaipur. On this ride, you will also be able to spot other exotic wildlife like blue bulls, antelope and more.
Get a chance to explore the countryside as you ride along the lush green beauty of the farms situated in the villages in Udaipur. Try out this Udaipur adventure sport and experience the life of locals nestling here from decades.
Location: Princess Trails Farm, Boheda Haveli, Near Lake Palace Road, Udaipur India.
Timing: 10:30 AM to 06:30 PM.
Price: Starting From INR 1200 per person.
3. Paragliding: Treat your eyes with astonishing views of the lake city as you glide over it in the air on your paragliding adventure in Udaipur. Click snaps of the city below as you fly down to the ground with your instructor or alone feeling adrenaline rushing in your blood. This is an exceptional experience one should definitely indulge in once in a lifetime that cannot be replaced by anything else.
Location: Chitrakoot Nagar, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001.
Price: Starting From INR 2000 per person.
4. Boating: This is the most go to adventure activities in Udaipur that is available at Fateh Sagar Lake and Lake Pichola. Almost every visitor loves this activity and experiences the exquisite beauty of this lake city from a different perspective.
The lake is surrounded by prominent structures that date back to the time of kings and queens who ruled here. The best time to experience this activity is during the evening when the city lights uplift the beauty of the lake with their reflection.
Location: 313001, Pichola, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001.
Timing: 9 AM-6 PM.
Price: Starting From INR 2399 per person.
5. Bicycle tour: This tour will cater to all the fun and excitement you would be looking for in your adventure activities in Udaipur. It will help you explore the entire heritage that this city resides along with the natural beauty it beholds at its place.
From pedalling down through the scenic views of Aravalli Hills and stunning lakes to sighting the ancient monuments that reside here, your tour will be full of adventure and exploration.
Location: Maharaj Shivdan Singh Marg, Ambamata, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001, India.
Timing: 7:30 AM onwards.
Price: Starting from INR 1012 per person.
What are the offbeat things to do in Udaipur?
1. Sunset boat cruise in Lake Pichola: This activity ranks in the most popular Udaipur adventure sports where one can experience breath-taking views of the sunset. Apart from this extravagance of the city under the starlit sky is also a charm of this activity.
2. Heritage Photography: Showcase your picture clicking skills as you explore all the ancient monuments like Saheliyon Ki Bari, City Palace and others and capture astonishing views of the same. Capture the angle that captures the best views of this place.
3. Visit Karni Mata Temple: Seek blessings at the Hindu goddess Karni Mata temple located on the Machla Magra Hills in Udaipur. This exquisite temple is perfect to explore a place that is of utmost importance to Hindu community.
4. Ropeway Ride: View the city from the sky as you ride the cable car in the lake city. Capture the snaps of the same that you can add to your memory folder of the trip. Get a bird's eye view of the lakes and other prominent structures nestling in this city on this thrilling ride.
5. Monsoon Palace Hiking: This adventure in Udaipur will fulfill all the fun and excitement you look forward to at this place. Apart from a beautiful end destination, the hike will cover all the majestic locations.
Which are the best amusement parks in Udaipur?
1. Marvel Water Park: Enjoy all the Udaipur adventure sports as you visit this great amusement park that is abode to many exciting water slides. It is perfect for all ages of people who look for some thrill on their trips.
2. Jeel Water Park: Unlock the child inside you as you experience a great time at this place. It will cater to all the adventure in Udaipur you have been seeking with your loved ones. The high end slides will challenge the adventurer in you and end your fear.
3. Snow Park Udaipur: Experience the fun of a hill station right on your vacations in Udaipur at the Snow Park which has artificial snow. Make a snowman with your friends and have fun in the fresh snow at this amusement park.
Which are the best cycling trials in Udaipur?
1. The Lake City Loop: This 3 hour duration trip will take you on a countryside loop where you will be able to sight the main three lakes namely Pichola, Fateh Sagar and Badi. Click pictures and sight the beauty of these lakes on your adventure in Udaipur.
2. Udaipur Countryside Cycling: Explore the farms and villages of Udaipur where you can learn from the locals about their culture and tradition. This will not only cater to the adventure you are looking for but will also help you learn about the city from the natives.
3. Udaipur to Eklingji Nagda Temple Cycling Tour: Start your expedition in the early morning and cycle your way to explore the ancient temple ruins of the 10th century. On your way to the temple, treat your eyes with great rural life, lush green agricultural lands and scenic landscapes.
Where can we go for helicopter rides in Udaipur?
1. Dabok Airport, Udaipur: Head on an excursion in a helicopter that takes off from Dabok airport and offers a ride in 45 minutes. The ride covers astonishing views of Lake Pichola, temples and other ancient structures from a bird’s eye view.
2. Mewar Helicopter Services: Depending upon the package you pick, your ride over the city will have a different location. You can choose to catch an aerial view of the various magnificent locations like Le Fateh Sagar Lake, Jag Mandir Palace and more.
Is Udaipur safe for adventure sports?
Ans: Yes! Be rest assured of your safety while experiencing adventure in Udaipur as the professional instructors will provide you with training first. All the safety gears will also be provided to you. You can also choose to perform an adventure sport alongside the professional instructor.
Where can we go for trekking in Udaipur?
1. Ubeshwar Ji Nature Trail Hiking: Start your trekking from the popular Ubeshwar Ji temple under the guidance of a trained professional. On your way, you can sight the exquisite Aravalli Ranges and stunning scenery nestled around. You will come across many villages on this trek where you can get acquainted with the locals and their lifestyle.
Timing: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Location: Shrinath Commerce College, 95, Gayatri Marg, Kanji Ka Hata, Brahmpuri, Udaipur, Rajasthan.
2. Sunset Point Hiking (Monsoon Palace): Cover the rough hiking trails and reach the monsoon palace which is the end destination of this trek. Apart from exploring the extravagance of the ancient palace with your guide, you will be able to view the breath-taking views of the sunset in Aravalli Ranges.
Timings: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Location: Shrinath Commerce College, 95, Gayatri Marg, Kanji Ka Hata, Brahmpuri, Udaipur, Rajasthan.
3. Kumbhalgarh Fort Trek: This trek commences from Ranakpur and covers most of the forest area. One holds the highest probability of sighting varied wildlife species like animals and birds. Sight the old ruins of this fort and enjoy this adventure trek in Udaipur.
Timings: 8:30 AM onwards.
Location: Kumbhalgarh Fort, Rajasthan.
What is the best time to visit Udaipur for adventure activities?
The best time to plan your vacations for Udaipur adventure sports is during the winter months from September to March. The favourable climatic conditions during these months ease your exploration. Also, many of the activities are only available during these months only.
Where can I go for boat rides in Udaipur?
1. Lake Pichola: This is one of the main lakes in the Udaipur city that is popular for boating. it is encircled by temples, palaces, hotels, restaurants and others that you can all sight with just a boat ride in this lake.
2. Fateh Sagar Lake: Another lake which is a major tourist attraction in this city, Fateh Sagar Lake is also renowned for boating. In this lake there are 3 islands that uplift its beauty to another level.
3. Jaisamand Lake: This human made wonder is an exquisite destination to soak in the beauty of nature on boating here. One can sight majestic hills, Ruthi Rani Ka Mahal, Jaisamand Island resort, Jaisamand Wildlife sanctuary and more while boating here.
How much does the helicopter ride cost in Udaipur?
The cost of helicopter ride in Udaipur varies with the duration you book it for. The ride costs INR 4500 for a 20 minute ride. Depending upon the company and duration you are seeking the ride, the cost varies from INR 4500 to INR 15000.
How much does boat rides cost in Udaipur?
A boat ride at Lake Pichola and Lake Fateh Sagar costs around INR 300 between 10 AM to 2 PM. From 3 PM to sunset, the prices are INR 500 per person.
Are adventurous activities in Udaipur expensive?
No! The adventurous activities in Udaipur are not expensive. It usually ranges between INR 400 to INR 3000 depending upon the sport you choose. For extreme Udaipur adventure sports, the price may hike up. The price range of adventurous activities is quite affordable.
Where can I do ropeway ride in Udaipur? What is the cost of Udaipur ropeway ride?
For your search for locations for Ropeway Ride in Udaipur, Mansapurna Karni Mata Ropeway is the place that is just 3 kilometres away from Udaipur city railway station. It is a popular cable car ride that connects the Upadhyay Park in Udaipur to Sri Karni Mata Temple at Machhala Hill Top.
The cost of this adventure in Udaipur is INR 87 for Indian adults and INR 43 for Children. For foreigners, the cost is INR 300 for adults and INR 150 for children. The cost of ropeway for children is applicable with height less than 110 centimetres.