About Biasa Art Space
Biasa Artspace is a conceptualized contemporary art gallery accompanied by a designer boutique in Bali and Jakarta. Founded by Susanna Perini in 1994, it is a platform where art merges with retail to deliver a sense of co-living with the abstract. People with an elite sense of art are usually captivated by this unique combination of artistry and its application in the form of clothing, home essentials, decor and many more.
The initial idea of Biasa was dissolving art, thought, and culture into clothing and lifestyle. However, in the course of time, its expansion added a voice to Indonesian art and artists when Perini in 2005 began the art space to support and exhibit their work. Ideologically, Biasa as a brand is identified for its creative cuts, artisanal details, organic use of dyes and lenin along with rich handmade detailing to slay a tropical summer look. If your fashion choices are classy, subtle and sophisticated, this is the brand to look out for. The linen clothing here with creative designs reflect symbolism and a sense of individual uniqueness.
You can expect to find an item of comfortable clothing that you wouldn’t want to let go because of the light, soft and cherishable feel of it. You could also find interesting home wear, accessories and home decor here. Adding to fashion, a tour across this art space is a visual treat as it exhibits works of various Indonesian and artists across the world such as Ivan Sagita, Jumaldi Alfi, Marco Cassani, Narcisse Tordoir, Fendry Ekel, Shira Wachsmann, Zohar Fraiman and many more. Visiting this place to look out for the latest works of artists is one thing you must add in your itinerary if you pay a visit to Bali.
How to Reach Biasa Art Space
The best way to reach Biasa artspace is to take a private taxi, it is around a 20 mins distance from Denpasar airport. One can locate the artspace with ease as it is closer to Seminyak beach.
What Not to Miss at Biasa Art Space
Things to Do Around Biasa Artspace
If you’re wondering about planning the rest of the day, and things you can do after your shopping and art expedition is complete, here is a pocket list to help you out with places you can visit:
1. Double six beach or Seminyak beach: Post your tour at the Biasa artspace you could head to one of the beaches as they are at about 5-6 min distance. Spread out a mat and enjoy the sun.
2. St.Michael protestants church: At a distance of less than 10 min, the St.Michael church attracts tourists to marvel at its architecture and perform a quick prayer amidst the calmness of the sea.
3. Upside down world: Of around a 12 min ride from Biasa is this interesting whimsical picture place where furniture is posed on the roof and people can get an upside-down image. It is a perfect place for a group photo.
4. Totem escape room: Another fun place to visit around the art space is totem escape room, best experienced in a group. At Totem, you get an hour to figure your way out of the game trap using the clues and puzzles you gather.
5. Theatre art gallery: Theatre art gallery is yet another artsy place you cannot miss in Bali. The gallery showcases colourful puppets used in Balinese puppetry. Imagine experiencing a folklore through a frame, it’s worth a watch. Apart from these, you have multiple options around the sea to explore such as cafes, breweries, water sports and so on.
Other Essential Information About Biasa Art Space
- To visit Biasa ArtSpace you can GPS this location: Biasa ArtSpace (Bali): Jl. Raya Seminyak No.34, Seminyak, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Time: 9am - 9pm
- Price: Free
Things that you Should Know about Biasa ArtSpace
1. Biasa Artspace hosts exhibits of various progressive artists based on themes. The recent exhibit ‘connected’, draws lines between the thoughts and experiences of individuals. While the current exhibit engages the audience in one’s experiences, the previously hosted exhibits called the Human tool, Parade, Stuff and so on created quite a thrill in the audience for its experience.
2. The resort wear curated by the brand is typically elegant and sophisticated.
3. The Artspace is sensibly patched with pieces of art and paintings generating a cool artistic vibe. It is a pretty sight to indulge in.
4. This is one of the offbeat things to do when you pay a visit to Bali.
5. Biasa has about four branches in Bali.
Tips to Visit Biasa ArtSpace
1. Read up - A bit of research never did any harm. Biasa has a lot in store for the creative heads. Read up and look at some of the innovative pictures you can capture. Also, enquire if there is an expected exhibit to look forward to and plan your visit accordingly.
2. Click click - If you are an instagram enthusiast or a vlogger, Biasa is a place to look forward to, the white background amidst the art, paintings, pictures and more can get you some cool shots. What more? Remember that these exhibitions are timely, so the picture you capture is an exclusive click. So don’t miss out on doing that.
3. Experiments to understand art - Most of us would barely know anything about art. Visiting Biasa artspace gives you an opportunity to understand and appreciate art. You might also get lucky to be able to interact with the artists or like-minded people to brew some interesting conversations.
4. Maintenance - As a visitor, be responsible while you hover in the store or the artspace to not litter or damage the artifacts or the retail products.