What to Do in ThaneAre you looking for the best things to do in Thane that can teach you about new dimensions of life and offer you memories of a lifetime? If yes, you'll be glad to know that Thane offers tons of enthralling activities that can reboot your soul and make your vacation worthwhile. You can pedal around the alleys of this city on a bicycle to gain a uniquely different perspective on what this fascinating city is about. With numerous mountain forts and waterfalls, Thane is a delight for trekkers. You can experience the surreal sunrise or sunset from Kachrali Lake, or you can enjoy water rides and slides at Suraj Water Park.
If you're on a romantic sojourn thinking of what to do in Thane, nothing can be better than enjoying a late night walk at Kelva Beach. If you're a night owl, then you can also shake your hips at the trendiest bars while enjoying the most refreshing drink. If you're fascinated by butterflies, you should definitely visit Wadi Butterfly Garden that houses around five hundred butterflies. You can also shop till you drop at Korum Mall that has the largest international and local brand outlets. So kick off your weekend blues by visiting Thane that is a treasure trove of cultures, memories, and experiences.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Thane
Newly Added Thane Experience
Clean and nice everywhere! the arrangement was good with good services, we liked all the fun activities and the meals, we truly enjoyed fishing in the river whereas the other enjoyed the other activity. It was truly a great experience. The veg bbq was tasted good and the walk towards the forest was simply-amazing with the fresh air in the morning, the guide was nice to tell us the story of the place and even shared the experience with us.
It was my first time in this experience. Superb place, well-organized tour with good facilities. Amazing water sport activities and we enjoyed the sunset views. The bonfire and stargazing were awesome. Good meals provided to us during the stay. The vendor was very approachable and has a good staff to take care of us. Nice photos with an awesome experience.
The expertise was nice and professional leads the group with perfections. We had a very comfortable walk with good directions. The place really is beautiful and full of greenery. At the top of the Mahuli Fort, it gave an outstanding view. The refreshment served to us was very fresh and tasty. I would love to come back again real soon.
The local operator was nice and very supportive provide us with a very good and friendly guide who assist us the entire journey ultimate. We had an amazing trekking experience at this place with good and sweet memories to cherish.
Online!!! it was very much cheaper than buying at the resort counter plus hassle-free, the place was well-maintained and super clean and also has good staff who always available nearby the activity zone to watch for the kids and everyone safety. Good facilities and enough activity to have fun. Great place to have fun with your family, friends, and corporate.
The location looks nice with good views, the tent provided to us was good and spacious and it was nicer as it was just nearby the lake, felt special. The activities were fun. At night we had a wonderful time the campfire and along with good music was just amazing... we meet new friends...in the morning some they enjoyed the water activity but I spend my leisure time sitting beside the lake and enjoyed the beauty of nature. Excellent service
On-time picks-up with a very comfortable vehicle in which we join the other co-traveler. From the starting of the trek, it was nice and fun this trek suitable for all ages because it was a very easy and interesting one. The guide was very informative and accommodating share with us the history of the place, The fort was absolutely amazing, This place also best for those who love thrill adventure like rock climbing. Nice experience with my family and friends.
The location was easy to reach, once enter the resort we were amazed by it when we think about the price as everything included like breakfast, lunch, evening-snacks and light dinner we thought that might be the place was not good but we were wrong the place look stunning with a number of slides especially kids would love it for sure, well-built, well-arranged and good employee everything looks perfect. We had great fun in the pools and all the activities. One thing to be noted was that the meals were truly delicious. We truly recommended this place to all families...
A warm welcome was received from the staff, we felt so special by that time, We walked all over the areas were nice with good views of the places and so greenery, the tents area was just close to the riverside was cool and plus it looks clean and spacious too which fit us in and very comfortable, necessary things provided to us, All the fun activity was very great and the staff was very polite arranged a bonfire session for us with good bbq facilities to enjoy the evening with some good music and stargazing. A very precious moment.
I would come again for sure, my kids love this place so much and they had very good fun that day with all the other children. The staff were aware of everyone's safety... this resort provided good facilities and good sanitation. The management was very good, the meals taste good, with lots of fun activities. The place looks stunning, big, and well-maintained so clean and spacious. Everything went so well. At a low price but we had so much fun.
People Also Ask About Thane Things To Do
Which are the best things to do in Thane?1. Sight the beautiful butterflies at Wadi Butterfly Garden: If you're fascinated by butterflies and want to have an up-close and personal interaction with them, you should definitely visit Wadi Butterfly Garden. It is home to over five hundred butterflies, such as the Gaudy Baron, Swordtail, Bluebottle, Striped Tiger, Commander, Wanderer, and Common Crow. From eggs to caterpillars to cocoons to winged butterflies, you can see the entire cycle of their metamorphosis here. You can see the butterflies flying around and sucking the nectar of flowers.
-Location: Ovalekar Wadi, Takkarda Road, Ghodbunder Road, Thane, India, Thane, Maharashtra 400607
-Timing: 8 AM-12 PM
-Price: Rs 100 for adults and Rs 50 for children
2. Enjoy Bird Watching at Thane Creek: If you're an avid birder looking for an awesome bird watching experience, you should definitely visit Thane Creek. A major part of this creek has been declared as a bird sanctuary and is a haven for bird watchers. It is home to many bird species such as Avocets, Grey Egrets, Sandpiper, Heron, and Whimbler. Witness majestic birds soaring through the sky and pacing down, catching fishes on the lake and laying their eggs.
-Location: Thane Creek, Thane, Maharashtra
-Timing: 10 AM-5 PM
-Price: Rs 50 per person
3. Seek inner peace at Kalibari Temple: If you're in search of enlightenment and inner peace, you must visit Kalibari Temple, which is a spiritual gateway for the visitors. It was built in honor of Kali and is renowned for its brilliant architecture. This temple gives a feel of the traditional temples in Odisha, and millions of people visit this temple during Dussehra. Amavasya Poojas, Laxmi Poojas, Satyanarayan Poojas, Saraswati Poojas, and many other special prayers are also conducted here.
-Location: Vartak Nagar, Thane, Maharashtra 400606
-Timing: 6:00 AM - 1:00 PM & 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM
4. Spot the winged butterflies at Elvis Butterfly Garden: Feast your eyes on a riot of velvety shades of yellow, red, green, and violet butterflies at Elvis Butterfly Garden that is an absolute paradise for nature lovers. This open air butterfly garden is also home to some of the most beautiful flowers. It also has eighty species of plants that are required for breeding and the nectar of the butterflies.
-Location: Ward.No.1, Village Rd, Gowniwada, Owale, Thane, Maharashtra 400615
-Timing: 6:00 AM - 6 PM
-Price: Rs 20 per person
5. Seek divinity at St John The Baptist Church: Stay enthralled by the spiritual aura of St John The Baptist Church that has existed for over five hundred years. This church is a symbol of holiness and religious dedication and is renowned for its dedicated craftsmanship and ingenious architecture. The church has a glass roof, and the gaps between concrete columns have been filled with white and blue colored glasses. It is surrounded by Masunda Lake and offers a breathtaking view.
-Location: Jambli Naka, Ahilyadevi Holkar Marg, Thane West, Thane, Maharashtra
-Timing: 6:00 AM - 9 PM
6. Enjoy water ride at Sargam Water Park: Pamper the water lover inside you by visiting Sargam Water Park that is the ultimate destination for fun, thrill, and entertainment. This astonishing water park is surrounded by mango orchards and offers you a lifetime adventure opportunity in the lap of nature. It has a range of water rides and pools where you can make a splash and forget all your stress. The water park features Kiddies Pools, Mushroom Umbrella, Rain Dance, MPWS system, Family slide, Pendulum, D J system, and Two Way Slide for complete fun.
-Location: Survey No. 52, Bhiwandi Road, Off N.H 8, Near Rly. Crossing, Chinchoti
-Timing: 9:00 AM - 6 PM
-Price: Rs. 650/- Per Adult/ Rs. 550/- Per Child
7. Shop til you drop at Korum Mall: Shop to your heart's content at Korum Mall, a major entertainment and shopping hub in Thane. It is home to a wide range of branded shops where you can buy watches, apparel, cosmetics, clothes, and jewelry at the best prices. It also has many food outlets where you can enjoy delectable local and international dishes. If your heart still craves for more, you can enjoy bowling at the bowling alleys or watch your favorite movie at the theatre.
-Location: Shahid Mangal Pandey Road, Near Cadbury Junction Eastern Express Highway, Thane 400601 India
-Timing: 10:00 AM - 10 PM
8. Witness flora and fauna at Tansa Wildlife Sanctuary: Go wild at Tansa Wildlife Sanctuary that is spread across 320 square km and accommodates rare species of fauna and flora. You can also spot here some of the most beautiful birds taking a flight in the sky or burrowing their nests. It is also home to some endangered animal species, such as the black rhino and Asian Elephants. You can experience the rich confluence of wildlife, nature, and adventure over here.
-Location: Near Gorai, Maharashtra
-Timing: 7:00 AM – 6: 00 PM
-Price: Rs 650 per adult
9. Explore the architectural magnificence of Jai Vilas Palace: If you're looking for the perfect fix for royalty, you must visit Jai Vilas Palace that is renowned for its antiquity and unique architectural style. It was built by Yashvanrao Mukane and was home to the kings of the Munke Family. The interiors exude an eclectic mix of Victorian and European styles. It has a grand and spacious drawing room, banquet room, and beautiful chandeliers.
-Location: Jai Vilas Palace Rd, Mukane Colony, Jawhar, Maharashtra 401603
-Timing: 10:00 AM – 7: 00 PM
-Price: Rs 60
10. Enjoy sports activities at Kelva Beach: One of the best things to do in Thane is enjoying the fun and thrilling water sports activities at Kelva Beach. This picturesque beach is spread across eight kilometers and is the perfect weekend getaway for visitors. You can enjoy here tons of interesting activities such as horse rides, ATV rides, and camel rides. You can also take a refreshing walk on the beach and savor delicious delicacies at the eateries located around.
-Location: Palghar, 401401, Maharashtra
What are the adventure things to do in Thane?1. Waterfall Rappelling at Kasara: Enjoy an exciting rappelling session with your friends at Vihigaon waterfall near Kasara. It has rocky terrains and scenic surroundings, which makes it the perfect site for rappelling.
2. Enjoy Horse Riding at Kelva Beach: If you're confused, thinking about what to do in Thane Horse Riding at Kelva Beach should be your ideal choice. While riding the horse, you can witness the breathtaking landscapes and splendid sceneries.
3. Trek to Mahuli Fort: Trekking to Mahuli Fort is considered to be one of the best things to do in Thane, as the entire trekking route is shrouded with lush greenery and breathtaking landscapes. Mahuli fort has many pinnacles, and when you reach the top of the summit, you can have a glimpse of the entire district.
What are the best treks in and near Thane?1. Dadarkopara Waterfall, Jawhar: This is one of the best trekking sites near Thane, with steep climbs and rugged landscapes. It boasts of innumerable ethereal and surreal sights of nature. You have to undertake a small trek to reach the base of the waterfall.
2. Vasota Trek: One of the most adventurous things to do in Thane is trekking to Vasota Fort. The duration to complete the trek is around three hours, and you'll encounter many animals while trekking through this route.
3. Korigad Trek: Trekking to Korigad fort is considered one of the best things to do in Thane for adventure enthusiasts. This is an easy level trek, and the base for this trek is Shahpur Village. Once you reach the fort, you'll witness two lakes and many caves, along with a temple.
4. Ratangad Trek: If you're looking for the most adventurous things to do in Thane, trekking to Ratangad Fort should be your ideal option. This is a moderate difficulty level trek that can be completed in three to four hours.
How to reach Thane?- By Rail: Rail is one of the best options to reach Thane from any part of the country. Regular trains run from Thane to the major cities across India.
- By Flight: Since Thane doesn't have its own airport, you'll have to board a flight to Mumbai Airport. Once you reach the airport, you can book a taxi or catch a bus to Thane.
- By Bus: There are many buses that run at regular intervals from Thane to Ahmedabad, Surat, and Vadodara.
Which are the best things to do in Thane at night?1. Try Adventure Camping at Barvi Dam: If you're looking for the best things to do in Thane, Camping at Barvi Dam should be your ideal option. It offers you the perfect option to unplug from the world and enjoy the beauty of nature. It has some of the best campsites where you can enjoy a leisurely stay and enjoy the wilderness and rugged beauty.
2. Shake your legs at the trendiest bars: One of the best things to do in Thane at night is unwinding and partying endlessly at the lavish bars in Thane. Lord of the Drinks and Kasino Bar are the best spots for a nighttime hangover with your friends and family members.
3. Enjoy a nighttime stroll at Masunda Talao: If you're looking for the best things to do in Thane, enjoying a nighttime stroll at Masunda Talao should be your ideal choice. You can also enjoy activities like boating, swimming, and water scooters. At night the entire lake gets illuminated with lights and gives the appearance of a heavenly site.
4. Night cycling Trip: If you wish to explore the streets of Thane all by yourself, then cycling through the city can be your best option. During the night, the rush is less, and you can witness the prominent attractions that will come your way while enjoying the cycling expedition.
How far is Thane from Mumbai?The driving distance between Thane and Mumbai and is 24.74 km if you travel by car.
What is the best time to visit Thane?October- March is the best time to visit Thane as the weather is wonderful with lush greenery all around and you can enjoy sightseeing without the fear of rain. The average temperature during these months ranges around 22 degrees making it ideal for enjoying outdoor activities.
What is the famous food in Thane?- Bhel puri and Sev puri
- Pav Bhaaji
- Misal Pav
- Fish fingers
- Potato Chili dry
- Chocolate cigar
- Oreo cookie cupcake
- Strawberry roll
- Chai ginger
- Pani puri shots
- Baida Roti
- Batata Vada
- Samosa Pav Jumbo
- Idli Vada
- Dahi Misal Pav
- Medu Vada
- Pav Bhaaji
- Ragda Pattice
- Kanda Poha
- Zunka Bhakar
Which are the best water parks in Thane?1. Suraj Water Park: Beat off the soaring summers by visiting Suraj Water Park, which is one of the major attractions in Thane for ultimate rejuvenation. The award-winning park has the longest Fiber Technology tunnel and sixteen slides.
2. Sargam Waterpark: If you're thinking about what to do in Thane, enjoying the thrilling rides at Sargam Waterpark should be your ideal option. It has a vast range of water rides, a kid's pool, a rain dance area, and slides.
3. Vishnubaaug Environment Theme Park: If you love bouncing across the water surface and taking a dip in the splash pool, you should definitely visit Vardhman Fantasy Amusement Park. It has a water scooter field, a Spanish food court, and a theatre.
4. Tikuji-ni-wadi: Tikuji-ni-wadi is one of the most popular amusement and water parks in Thane. It has many wonderful rides for the kids, and you can also enjoy here rain dancing with your friends and family.
What are romantic things to do in Thane?1. Enjoy late night walk at Kelva Beach: If you're thinking about what to do in Thane with your partner, enjoying a romantic walk in the evening at Kelva Beach should be your ideal option. You can also enjoy here activities like ATV riding and horse riding.
2. Enjoy a dinner date at Copper Chimney: Let your love bloom as you enjoy a dinner date with your sweetheart at Copper Chimney that is renowned for its posh ambiance and delectable dishes. You can also enjoy amazing views while sitting on the rooftop area of the restaurant.
3. Enjoy boating at Upvan Lake: If you're confused about what to do in Thane to take your romance a notch higher, boating at Upvan lake should be your ideal option. While boating, you can also enjoy the breathtaking sceneries and learn about the local culture.
4. Propose your partner at Naneghat Hills: Don't stress yourself thinking about what to do in Thane as you have got the perfection option in the form of Naneghat Hills. This is a secluded destination with breathtaking views making it the perfect destination to propose to your partner.