1. Mysore Palace- Also known as Amba Vilas Palace, Mysore Palace is one of the best places to visit in the Mysore tour packages. Constructed in 1912 under the rule of the Wodeyar dynasty, it is a masterpiece of Indo-Saracenic architecture that showcases an exquisite blend of Gothic, Hindu, Muslim, and Rajput styles. This palace is also well-known for its vibrant Dussehra celebrations and the light and sound show. On visiting the palace, you can even witness the magnificent facade, intricately carved pillars, arches, domes, and lavish interiors adorned with ornate mirrors, chandeliers, and other decorative features.
Timings: 10 am to 5.30 pm
Entry Fees: INR 100 (adults), INR 50 (children between 10 to 18 years)
2. Chamundi Hills- Situated about 13 kilometers from the city center, Chamundi Hills is another destination included in your Mysore packages. Thousands of visitors are attracted to the hill of Sri Chamundeshwari Temple and pay respects to the Goddess Durga. Besides the temple, the hill also houses plenty of tourist attractions, including The Nandi Bull, Mahabaleshwar Temple, Godly Museum, and Kishkindha Moolika Bonsai Garden. You can enjoy the scenic beauty of the place while exploring the different attractions which include a beautiful combination of religious and cultural significance. You can also go on a trekking expedition to the Chamundi Hills with your friends and family on your trip to Mysore.
3. Sri Chamundeshwari Temple- Another inclusion in the Mysore tour packages, Sri Chamundeshwari Temple is a conventional Hindu temple located at an altitude of 1000 feet on the Chamundi Hills. Dedicated to the goddess Durga, this temple is one of the most prominent pilgrimage sites in Karnataka as it is one of the 18 Maha Shakti Peeths. The temple also features statues of the demon Mahishasura and Nandi that garner the interest of thousands of tourists throughout the year. On visiting the temple, you can see the traditional rituals and ceremonies, including the lighting of lamps and the offering of prayers and offerings to the goddess.
Timings: 7.30 am to 2 pm, 3.30 pm to 6 pm, 7.30 pm to 9 pm
4. GRS Fantasy Park-
Nestled on the Mysore-Bangalore Highway, enjoy at GRS Fantasy Park
, a popular amusement and water park spreading across an area of 40 acres of land. This park is home to over 30 rides and attractions with Aqua Tornado, Freefall Crazy Cruise, and Jal Tharang being the most popular ones. Apart from the rides and attractions, the park also features numerous food courts, cafes, and restaurants to grab some snacks and refreshments after enjoying the fun-filled rides. This park serves as a quick weekend outing for people residing in Mysore and the neighboring areas. You can have an unlimited range of entertainment in the form of thrilling rides, a multipurpose play system, water games, a kid’s pool, and inbuilt games at Amazonia.
Timings: 10.30 am to 6 pm
Entry Fees: INR 649 to INR 899
5. Railway Museum- If you are wondering about the places to visit on Mysore tours with your kids, you should pay a visit to the Railway Museum. It is the second museum of its kind in India, after the National Railway Museum in Delhi. Constructed in 1979 by the Indian Railways, this museum is home to railway collectives, including locomotives, carriages, and other railway memorabilia. Other fascinating displays of the museum are ticketing machines, signal signs, clocks, and a hand-operated steam water pump. You will also be astonished to see the first steam engine in the museum. Even children can have fun exploring the museum on a battery-operated mini toy train.
Timings: 10 am to 5.30 pm (Wednesday to Monday)
Entry Fees: INR 50 (adults), INR 20 (children)
6. Devaraja Market- Included in Mysore packages, Devaraja Market is another tourist destination that is renowned for its colorful and lively atmosphere and a wide variety of products. This heritage market features a hub of activities with vendors selling everything from fresh produce, spices, flowers, and traditional handicrafts to clothing, jewelry, and electronics. You can wander through the market's narrow lanes, soak in the sights and sounds, and bargain for souvenirs and other items to get the best deal. After shopping, you can savor the taste of the flavors of Mysore at the different food stalls and restaurants in the market.
Timings: 6 am to 9 pm
Must Checkout: Best Places to Visit in Mysore in One Day