There are several best things to do in Kovalam which attracts a number of tourists each year. It is a beautiful coastal town in Kerala. It is a well-known beach with three adjacently lying crescent beaches. It has been one of the favorites amongst tourists since as early as 1930. The beach has a giant rocky promontory that makes the place an ideal location for sea bathing. There are an ample number of leisure options available on the beach. One can enjoy sunbathing, herbal massages, cultural events, catamaran cruising and various others. In short, Kovalam is an ideal tourist destination where one can feel relaxed to the core. Life here begins at full pace in the late hours of the day and continues till late at night. The beach location conveniently incorporates beautiful cottages offering a comfortable stay, Ayurvedic resorts, shopping places, swimming pools, Ayurvedic massage centers, Yoga centers, meditation zones etc.
Being one of the south Indian beauties, Kovalam offers various south Indian delicacies for tourists to relish. It is located just sixteen kilometers away from Thiruvananthapuram, hence, getting to Kovalam is an eased out affair. While relaxing in Kovalam you might as well plan to visit the city of Thiruvananthapuram for a day or two. While holidaying in Kovalam, one of the most popular beaches you can indulge into various water activities including Surfing, Motorboat riding as well as wooden boat riding. All these activities are immense fun and add on to your amazing vacation. Amongst the various beaches, the Lighthouse beach is the star, mentioning under the best things to do in Kovalam. This is the largest of all the three beaches and also accommodates a thirty-five-meter high lighthouse. The second largest beach is named Hawah Beach while the last one is called Samudra Beach. All in all, Kovalam is a place that is on the bucket list of all beach lovers.
Places to Visit and Things to Do in Kovalam
People Also Ask About Kovalam Things To Do
What all activities I can do in Kovalam?
There are a number of things that you can do in Kovalam. Some of them are as follows:
- Go for a sightseeing tour and explore the town to the core.
- Try out a water sport such as parasailing, surfing, paragliding as well as swimming while touring the beautiful beaches of Kovalam.
- Take a hearty breakfast at the very famous German Bakery of Kovalam.
- Have an Ayurvedic massage session and relax your mind as well as body to the core.
- Go for shopping at the local street markets and shops and get back some memories.
- Take a night trip to the popular houseboats of Kovalam and experience the feel of being under the sky and on water at the same time.
- Take a catamaran ride and enjoy yourself to the fullest.
- Take a meditation as well as yoga session at the popular Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwanthari Ashram and help yourself get away from the stress of day to day life.
- Get a cultural taste of Kovalam by attending a Gramam village fair
- Enjoy the mesmerizing environment as well as cozy ambiance of Jeevan Music Cafe
- Take a walk at the beautiful Lighthouse Beach
- Explore the Veli Tourist Village of Kovalam
- Take a tour to the Vellayani Lake which is around seven kilometers away from Kovalam.
- Visit and admire the beauty of Kovalam's artificial off-shore coral reef.
Which are must visit beaches in Kovalam?
Kovalam is a popular tourist destination and houses various beautiful beaches worth visiting. These beaches are popular for relaxation, performing activities, taking yoga as well as massage sessions etc. Some of the best beaches of Kovalam are as follows:
- Kovalam beach
- Pozhikara Beach
- Ashoka beach
- Samudra Beach
- Grove Beach
- Chowara beach
- Vizhinjam Beach
- Lighthouse Beach
- Hawa Beach
Which are some of the best houseboats in Kovalam?
A houseboat journey is one of the main attractions of Kovalam. There are various houseboat companies that offer these services. One can avail these services while visiting Kovalam. There are various kinds of houseboats that you can pick from as per your requirement. The various kinds of houseboats that you can pick from are as follows:
- One bedroom houseboat
- Two-bedroom houseboat
- Three-bedroom houseboat
- Four-bedroom houseboat
- Five-bedroom houseboat
- Six-bedroom houseboat
These houseboats come with varying added facilities as well as amenities that you can pick from as per what suits your needs.
What all water sports can be done in Kovalam?
Kovalam is a beautiful beach dotted with palm groves all around. This beach is one of the most beautiful beaches of India which offers a wide variety of water sports to be practiced while touring Kovalam. The Kovalam beach is conveniently divided into three parts where you can take up the following activities:
- Catamaran ride
- Backwater cruising
- Water Skiing
Which are best places for yoga and meditation in Kovalam?
Kovalam is a popular tourist destination amongst tourists and is visited by an ample number of domestic as well as International tourists who look for a refreshing holiday experience. Yoga and meditation are two outstanding ways to escape the stress of daily life that people lead in metropolitan cities. Popular Yoga, as well as Meditation centers in Kovalam, are as follows:
- Amrutham Yoga and Ayurvedic Center
- Shivasoorya Divine School of Yoga
- Padmakarma Yogashala
- Ayurge Ayurveda Institute
- Lagoona Beach
- Kin Hin
- Om Shivaya Yoga and Meditation Center
- Chandra Yoga
- Lekshmi Yoga Vedantha Center
- Brahma Yoga School
- Astanga Yoga Mandiram
- International Lekshmi Yoga Center
- Kailasam Yoga and Ayurveda Holidays
Which are best places for ayurvedic massage in Kovalam?
Kovalam stays to be extensively popular for Ayurvedic massages. In Kovalam, one can enjoy the benefits of Ayurvedic massages at various resorts, hotels as well as beaches. The massive number of tourists visiting Kovalam get their mind and soul rejuvenated to the core. You can visit the following Ayurvedic massage centers in Kovalam:
- Olive Leaf
- Green Leaf
- Bodhi Dharma
- The Grandspa Ayurvedic Wellness Centre
- Amritha Ayurvedic Centre
- S D Pharmacy Kovalam Agency
- Karmayo Namasthyatha Ayurvedic Centre
- Kailas Hospitality
- Vydyashala Ayurveda
- Divya The Health Spa
- Kailas Ayurveda & Yoga Centre
- Softouch Divya Spa
- Ayurveda Panchakarma Centre
- Skvm Ayurveda & Marma Health Centre
Can we go for catamaran ride in Kovalam? How much is the cost?
Catamaran ride is a thrilling activity that can be experienced in Kovalam. The cost for a person starts at around 500 INR or 7.7 USD