Assam tour packages attracts a huge number of tourists throughout the year as there are many tourist places in Assam worth exploring. The state is the heart and pride of the North East India. Assam is filled with hills and tea gardens. Tea gardening and plucking are the main occupations here and the quality of the tea produced here is top notch and is exported to several countries. In fact, the tea produced in Assam is considered to be the best in the world. Assam is an amazing place to visit and there numerous things which one can do here. Majuli, a river island, is the largest river island in the world. The view it offers to the tourist is breathtaking. Assam has been blessed with a number of hills and lush green lands. Due to the presence of so many hills, trekking is one of the major activities done here. Trekking is the best way to explore nature in its true sense. Although it is a very tiring activity, people from all over the country come here to trek because the feeling of joy and triumph which one gets, after finishing the trek, is unparalleled.
The icing on the cake is the beautiful panoramic view of the surrounding nature one gets from the top of the hill. The people of Assam are very religious and one can experience their culture and religion by visiting any of the numerous temples present in the state. Assam is one of the rare places where one can find the one-horned rhino. The wildlife sanctuaries present here offers its visitors to watch these amazing creatures. Many photography enthusiasts visit the place just to capture a beautiful moment of these creatures in their camera. Offering the best tourist places in Assam, one can try several activities here and also get away from the busy city life to obtain some peace of mind.
Popular Assam Tour Packages
|Unexplored Arunachal Tour Package: Tawang Special||8D/7N||₹ 24750||5.0 star|
|Wildlife Tour in Kaziranga National Park||2D/1N||₹ 6999||4.0 star|
|Exotic Shillong Honeymoon Package Meghalaya||5D/4N||₹ 23999.0||4.0 star|
|3 Days Kaziranga Guwahati Trip with Jeep Safari||3D/2N||₹ 10500.0||4.0 star|
|6 Days Romantic Meghalaya Honeymoon Tour Package||6D/5N||₹ 21360.0||4.0 star|
People Also Ask About Assam Tours
What are the top attractions on a sightseeing tour in Assam?
Assam is the most toured state of the North East India. There umpteen number of things which one can do in Assam. Many sightseeing tours take place in Assam and some of the top attractions of these tours are:
- Tea Garden- One’s trip to Assam will be considered to be incomplete if they do not visit the tea gardens there. Assam is known all over the world for its premium quality of tea, in fact, it produces the best tea in the whole world.
- Majuli- Majuli is the largest river island on the planet. It is the ideal place to visit in Assam if one wants to explore the beauty of nature.
- Temples- The people of Assam are very religious. Assam has several temples and one can witness their love for god by visiting any of the temples present here.
Which are the best pilgrimage tours in Assam?
India, as a country, is a very religious country and Assam is amongst the top pilgrimage sites in the country. Assam is filled with temples and people from all around the country come to visit the temples here. Some of the best pilgrimage sites of Assam are:
- Kamakhya Temple
- Mahabhairav Temple
- Umananda Temple
- Kedareswara Temple
- Dol Govinda Temple
Which are the best wildlife experiences in Assam?
Assam is a state which houses a number of different variety of animals. The state is a very animal-friendly place and the weather conditions in Assam are ideal for animals, therefore wildlife thrives. One gets a very detailed and enriching experience of wildlife here. The Jeep Safari, especially, is one of the best in the country and helps people see the animals from a close range. People from different places come to Assam just to get an experience of the wildlife here and learn about them. Some of the best places to gain wildlife experience in Assam are:
- Manas National Park
- Nameri National Park
- Kaziranga National Park
Which are the best areas for a shopping tour in Assam?
Shopping is one of the main things on person’s itinerary when they go for a vacation. Assam is a place where one can some amazing products at really low prices. There quite a few places where one can go shopping here, some of them are:
- Roodraksh Mall- Roodraksh Mall is a very famous mall in Guwahati. People who visit Assam, do visit the mall as one can buy products of some of the best brands in the country at reasonable prices.
- Tatkala Outlet by Assam Silk Shopping- The Assam Silk is a premium clothing material, making it one of the most demanded product here. The Tatkala outlet is a silk shopping mall where one can get every silk product produced in Assam.
- Fancy Bazaar- Flea markets are the highlights of someone’s shopping. Fancy Bazaar is one such market where one can buy outstanding products at very low prices, provided they know how to bargain.
What are the best places for kayaking in Assam?
Kayaking is a very exciting activity. A person is made to sit on a kayak and is given an oar. The person on the kayak is then left on the river where one has to row the kayak through the currents and rapids of the river. It is an amazing experience and everyone should try it out once in their lifetime. Some of the best places for kayaking in Assam are:
- Charan Beel
- Umiam Lake
- Lohit River
Which are the top tours for cultural experience in Assam?
Assam is a very diverse country and it is a mixture of several different cultures. The state is a very rich in its culture and tradition and they take a lot of pride in it. There are many places one can go to experience the culture of Assam, but the best method of experiencing their cultures are by attending any of the festivals in Assam. Some of those festivals are:
- Bihu Festival- It is a very important festival of Assam and is held to welcome the seeding season. One can get to know a lot about the agricultural culture of Assam by this festival.
- Ambubachi Mela- It is a very important festival for the Kamakhya Temple. It is believed that the Kamakhya Goddess goes through her annual menstrual cycle during this time. One gets to know about the religious culture of the people by this festival.
- Me Dum Me Phi- This festival is celebrated so that people are able to create more contacts. One is expected to dress in traditional attires in this festival. One gets to know about the traditions of the people of Assam by this festival.
Which are the best places for river rafting in Assam?
River Rafting is probably the safest and the most thrilling adventure activity. A group of people is made to sit on a raft and they row through the currents and against the rapids of the river. The adrenaline kick which one gets during river rafting is tremendous. The experience of this activity is totally different from the rest of the adventure activities and one should definitely give it a try. Some of the best places for river rafting in Assam are:
- River Brahmaputra
- Manas River
- Kameng River
Which are the most adventurous trekking tours in Assam?
Trekking Tours in Assam are one of the must do things while in North East India. Being located quite close to the Himalayan Mountain Range, Assam has some great slopes, valleys, and passes where trekking can be a lot of fun. The serene environment present here is ideal for an adventurous trekking trip and can make your trip a memorable one. The rugged terrain of the mountains and hills may make trekking a bit dangerous so one should choose their tour based on their experience in trekking. Some of the best places to go for trekking in Assam are:
- Sri Surya Pahar
- Beyul in Pemako
- Nilachal Hills
- Kaziranga National Park
Can I trek to Chang La Pass from Assam? Is it a difficult trek?
Trekking is a very exciting activity and one should try this at least once in their lifetime. Trekking to Chang La Pass from Assam is quite a famous trek. Even though trekking to Chang La Pass is very common trek, the trek is pretty difficult as one will be trekking on the mighty Himalayas.
What are the top tea estate tours in Assam?
Assam is renowned all over the world for its tea production. The tea produced in Assam is arguably the best in the world and is exported to every corner of the planet. The state has many tea estates and some of the top tea estates in Assam are:
- Gatoonga Tea Estate
- Rajgarh Tea Estate
- Diffloo Tea Estate
- Kakajan Tea Estate
What are the most romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Assam?
Assam is one of the beautiful and peaceful states of India where the weather is always pleasant and perfect for a romantic getaway. It has some beautiful cities and towns where the couples can spend some quality time with each other and enjoy privacy. Assam is known for its diverse wildlife and some beautiful attractions related to nature. So some of the romantic things that couples might enjoy while in Assam are:
- Wildlife Safari through various Sanctuaries and National Parks.
- River cruises during the sunset on the Brahmaputra River.
- Couples can connect spiritually by visiting some of the famous temples present here.
- Couples can enjoy the serenity present here as well as each other's company.
Which are the best waterfall to visit in Assam?
Assam is a state where one feels very close to nature because of the presence of so many natural sites. The sight of water cascading down a cliff to the ground is breathtaking and one tends to get lost in its beauty. One can experience the beautiful sight of waterfall at many places. Some of the best waterfalls in Assam are:
- Akashiganga waterfalls