North East India Trip Packages from mumbai
|North Sikkim With Lachen Lachung | FREE River Rafting
|6 days & 5 nights
|A Group Adventure of Meghalaya | FREE Living Root Bridge Trek
|6 days & 5 nights
|Mystic Meghalaya | FREE Boating Adventure
|4 days & 3 nights
|3-Day Meghalaya Escape | FREE Meals
|3 days & 2 nights
|Kaziranga Guwahati | FREE Jeep Safari
|3 days & 2 nights
|Camping In Cherrapunji
|2 days & 1 night
Book your North East India Tour Packages from Mumbai with Thrillophilia and get ready to explore the hidden treasures, diverse cultures, and picturesque landscapes of this captivating region.
Get enthralled by a captivating journey through the pristine landscapes and rich cultural beauty of India's northeastern region by opting for the best Northeast tour packages from Mumbai. Explore some of the most enchanting destinations that this part of the country boasts, such as Guwahati, Shillong, and Tawang.
Book Thrillophilia's North East packages that suit your preferences and tastes, whether you wish to spend a few days or a couple of weeks here. Soak in the spectacular natural beauty that the Northeast offers, be it in the Kaziranga National Park's wildlife, Cherrapunji's breathtaking monsoons, or the vibrant tribal villages dotting the hills of Arunachal. Pick from a variety of accommodation options from budget friendly to luxury, and savor diverse cuisines. Delight in a blend of road trips, and local transportation to access this beautiful, offbeat region.
Browse Top North East India Tour Packages by Theme: North East Honeymoon Packages, North East Family Packages,North East Group Packages
Here are some of the best places to visit in North East India-
1. Shillong, Meghalaya- Nestled amid pine trees, the capital of Meghalaya, offers respite from India's heat at nearly 1496 meters above sea level.Book your Northeast tour packages from Mumbai and explore the 'Scotland of the East,' that boasts stunning landscapes, a pleasant climate, and rich tribal traditions.
2. Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh- Tawang is known for its stunning monasteries, including the Tawang Monastery, one of the largest in the world. Get a chance to self-reflect amid infinite peace, calm, and beauty as you witness the breathtaking Himalayan landscapes.
3. Cherrapunji, Meghalaya- Famous for being one of the wettest places on Earth, Cherrapunji offers lush green hills, numerous waterfalls, stunning living root bridge, and the Mawsmai Caves for exploration.
4. Pelling, Sikkim- Located in Sikkim's West district, this spot offers stunning views of Khangchendzonga trek, houses the renowned Pemayangtse Monastery, and offers diverse activities, making it an ideal destination for nature enthusiasts that can be enjoyed without hassle with the northeast holiday packages from Mumbai.
5. Majuli, Assam- Majuli is the world's largest river island, nestled in the Brahmaputra River just 20 km from the Jorhat city. It is a unique cultural and natural hub with serene landscapes, traditional Assamese villages, and vibrant cultural festivals.
Here are some of the best things to do in North East India-
1. Go on a Wildlife Safari at Kaziranga National Park- Renowned for housing nearly 2,000 of the endangered one-horned rhinoceros population, Kaziranga is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a must-visit for wildlife enthusiasts. Take a wildlife safari to observe the grandeur of these creatures and appreciate nature in its purest form.
2. Take a Splash as You Go River Rafting- If you are an adventure enthusiast, the Northeast India tour packages from Mumbai offer the perfect thrilling experiences. Embark on an adrenaline-pumping adventure along the challenging rapids, ranging from Grade-I to Grade-IV of The Brahmaputra, Teesta, and Rangit rivers.
3. Witness Enchanting Waterfalls- Meghalaya, known as the 'Abode of the Clouds,' is graced with captivating hills and towering mountains. Book your northeast holiday packages from Mumbai and immerse yourself in the beauty of numerous spectacular waterfalls, including Dainthlen Falls, Nohkalikai Falls, and more in this scenic state.
4. Gear Up for a Biking Expedition- Make the most of Northeast India's enchanting landscapes, winding roads, and breathtaking passes by choosing the right Northeast tours from Mumbai. A paradise for bikers, whether novice or seasoned, you will find yourself zooming through lush meadows to towering peaks in some of Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh’s top biking destinations.
5. Set Out on a Trekking Tour- Experience some of India's premier trekking experiences during your northeast trip from Mumbai. The exhilarating and adrenaline-inducing trekking routes of Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, and Meghalaya could be a rigorous test of your trekking prowess and sensory acumen.
The Northeast region offers year-round appeal, catering to diverse preferences. Spring (March to May) showcases lush greenery and blooming flowers, making it perfect for nature lovers. Monsoon (June to August) highlights the region's rich biodiversity with refreshing rains. Autumn (September to November) boasts clear skies and mild temperatures, ideal for trekking and sightseeing. Winter (December to February) features crisp, dry weather, making it a great choice for mountain enthusiasts. The Northeast promises a unique experience in every season, appealing to all kinds of travelers.
While the Northeast region offers immense appeal all year round, the best time to opt for your North East India Packages From Mumbai is from March to June. Winter is a great time for exploring mountain villages, with spots like Roing and Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh standing out. Winter is also the best time for national parks and wildlife sanctuaries, with the Kaziranga National Park being a highlight. Summer offers a range of experiences, from learning about tribal cultures to engaging in adventure sports. The monsoon season showcases the region's natural beauty, with emerald hills, valleys, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, and more. Meghalaya, the world's rainiest state, offers a unique experience during this time. It is an ideal period for enjoying heritage bungalows, boutique hotels, tea plantations, spa days, and scenic drives.
1. By Air- You can book a direct flight from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (Mumbai) to Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport (Guwahati). Guwahati is the largest city in Assam and a major gateway to the Northeast.
2. By Train- There are two trains that run between Mumbai and Guwahati, namely, Guwahati Express and Karmabhoomi Express. Depending on your specific destination in the Northeast, you can take a train from Guwahati Railway Station. There are rail connections to various cities in the Northeast, including Dimapur, Silchar, Dibrugarh, and more.
3. By Bus- Several state transport buses ply between the two cities and a typical road journey from Mumbai to Guwahati takes about 52 hours. To reach more remote destinations within the Northeast, you may need to rely on local buses, shared taxis, or other modes of local transport.
1. October To February- Temperatures vary from 0°C to 22°C during the winter and the weather can be described as ranging from chilly to bitterly cold, depending on the state. Higher-altitude areas like Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim experience sub-zero temperatures with snowfall and icy landscapes, while lower-altitude regions like Mizoram and Tripura enjoy milder winters with pleasant temperatures, making plains more accessible.
2. March To June- Temperatures range from 10°C to 38°C and the summer climate varies, from cool to scorching, depending on the region's elevation. While northern areas have pleasant, friendly summers, lower-altitude regions can get particularly hot. Overall, this period is considered the best time to visit Northeast India due to its clear skies, warm sunshine, and blooming flora.
3. July To September- Monsoon temperatures fluctuate between 9°C and 35°C with a tropical climate and rainfall ranging from moderate to heavy. Temperatures vary from hot to cooler, depending on the state. Higher-altitude regions experience cooler weather, while areas closer to the equator remain warm. The atmosphere ranges from humid to fresh, with lush, vibrant landscapes.
1. How much do the North East tour packages from Mumbai cost?
The cost of Northeast tour packages from Mumbai varies depending on your specific location choices and the length of stay. The "Shillong and Guwahati with Cherrapunji Package" spanning approximately 5 days and 4 nights, can cost around Rs. 50,000 per person. For a more comprehensive adventure, that covers Arunachal and Meghalaya for a longer stay of 9-day and 8-night can go up to about Rs. 85,000. There are various other Northeast tour packages from Mumbai covering areas like Meghalaya - Shillong and Kaziranga Special in 6 days and 5 nights, available for around Rs. 60,000.
2. Are there any direct flights to the northeast from Mumbai?
Yes, there are direct flights from Mumbai to various destinations in the Northeast of India, including major cities like Guwahati, Imphal, and Agartala usually operated by Indian Airlines, IndiGo, Spicejet and Vistara. These direct flights provide convenient access to the region, allowing you to reach your desired Northeastern destination without the need for layovers or connecting flights.
3. Is a trip to the northeast expensive?
No, a trip to the Northeast is not necessarily expensive, especially with the wide variety of Northeast tour packages from Mumbai available. The region offers various budget-friendly options for accommodation, transportation, and activities. You can explore its natural beauty, rich culture, and diverse cuisine without breaking the bank, making it accessible to travelers with different budgets.
4. How many days are sufficient for the Northeast tour from Mumbai?
The ideal duration for a Northeast tour from Mumbai depends on your interests and the specific destinations you wish to explore. A 7 to 10-day trip can provide a comprehensive experience, covering major attractions.
5. Is the Northeast tour from Mumbai worth visiting?
Absolutely, a Northeast trip from Mumbai is undoubtedly worth visiting. The Northeast region of India offers breathtaking natural beauty, diverse cultures, vibrant traditions, and a unique travel experience. It is a hidden gem with scenic landscapes, warm hospitality, and rich history and heritage, making it a must-visit destination.